Access project database - failed to create database on MSDE

Why isn't a database created on the MSDE??

Network: Two Win2K Pro machines connected as peers. (No domains.) MS
Access is on X, MSDE2000A is on H.

MS Access is run under: Windows Administrator.

MSDE is set for Windows Authentication only.

On using the Microsoft SQL Server Database Wizard to create an Access
project, I don't specify a usename or password.

After the wizard says it has the info it needs, it closes and a
progress bar appears for a only a split second as the wizard tries to
create the database. Indications are that the connections to the MSDE
was dropped during creation. The result is that no database is created
in the MSDE.

Does Windows Authentication work on a peer-to-peer network??
Shouldn't the X Administrator be able to create a database on the H
MSDE??

Lou Arnold

Export table from old Access 2002 Database to create a new database
Hi , I'm wondering if there is a way for me to export some tables including data and structure from old database to a new database and then save as new database name. I try to create a marco and it create a new table within the same database. I would be appreciated if you can help me to create a code for one button that will export selected tables to a new database and then save as a new database name file. Thanks ;-) There's some example code here: http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/backup.txt It creates a new database, and loops through the tables in the current database, writing them to the new database. If a table is skipped (e.g. currently locked), it writes that to an error log. It exports the data into the backup file, whether the tables are linked or local. It does not create relations, or set all the field properties. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1157413122.083228.93930@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I'm wondering if there is a way for me to export some tables including > data and structure from old database to a new database and then save as > new database name. > > I try to create a marco and it create a new table within the same > database. > > I would be appreciated if you can help me to create a code for o...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Access 97
From Access 2.0 you could click File, Import and import tables, queries, forms, reports, macros & modules from other databases. I don't see that facility in Access 97. Was it dropped? On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:54:32 -0400, MLH wrote: > From Access 2.0 you could click File, Import > and import tables, queries, forms, reports, > macros & modules from other databases. > > I don't see that facility in Access 97. Was it > dropped? File + Get External Data + Import -- Fred Please only reply to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal email. Thanks, Fred ...

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine. &nbsp; regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Creating MS Access databases with VB (.net)
Hello, I am trying to create MS Access databases using VB .net. I can create MS Access 2000 databases OK but also want to create (using VB .net code) 97 format MS Access databases as well. Was using ADOX but the create statement has no parameters for access format and just creates database to whatever format of access you have installed. --- CODE START --- Dim cat As New ADOX.Catalog() Dim sCreateString As String sCreateString = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Test.mdb" cat.Create(sCreateString) --- CODE END --- Cheers Paul M Let me steal from a regul...

Creating a Demo Project for Convenient Database Access
As of Verion 6, several data collection were added for which the Manipulate funcion's documentation even shows an example of accessing conveniently. In attempting to do this, the following code similar to that in the Documentation Center works Manipulate[ElementData[name, property], {name, ElementData[]}, {{property, "DiscoveryYear"}, ElementData["Properties"]}, SaveDefinitions -> True] But trying to generalize it to also allow ANY database to be selected with this code -- Manipulate[database[name,property], {{database,ElementData},f}, {{name,&qu...

Libname method to create MS ACCESS database?
Hi there, OK, I know that I can added tables into an exsiting MS ACCESS database: libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; Where xx.mdb already there. What about if there is no database file yet, can I create a database using libname method? I tried the following but failed: libname xx access "g:\xxx\yy.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; ERROR: Connect: Could not find file 'g:\xxx\yy.mdb'. ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. Thanks Ya ...

Web resources about - Access project database - failed to create database on MSDE - comp.databases.ms-access

Larry Ellison shrugs off Amazon, Microsoft play for Oracle database business
... companies – Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) – both made it easier for Oracle's (NYSE: ORCL) customers to move their databases ...