Access Query and Invalid Argument Error

Hi,
I have very serious problem with query in Access.
I have, in my DB, a lot of forms with some buttons that I use to do
query.
When I press that buttons and query start I have "Invalid Argument"
error because memo field lenght is greater than 128 char.

If the type field is memo why I have this error? How I make to resolve
this problem?

Thanks

Mara
0
m.caimi (1)

MS Access Database Query
Hi, first of all I have to say I'am new to MS Access, I'm used to database systems like Oracle or MySQL. I created a simple database consisting of a single table and a form to fill in new entrys and search for existing entrys. But the search function that Access generates as I created the proper button is way to simple, I need a function that enables to search in several columns. I saw a few quite simple examples where this was done by DAO, but this doesn't work with a .mdb database, does it? (Access allways replies 'Unknown user datatype' once it gets to the line: 'Dim db As Database') Now, is it possible to generate a new query for .mdb file from a form, or at least with CurrentData Object, or not? And if it is possible with the CurrentData Object is it still a database request then or would it be faster to search through a text file? Regards, Bj�rn Keil Assuming you are running AK2 in the modules you need a reference to the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library So open any VB module Goto Tools->References and select the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library Phil "Bj?rn Keil" <abgrund@silberdrache.net> wrote in message news:e8ef0c96.0311210655.79a6192e@posting.google.com... > Hi, > first of all I have to say I'am new to MS Access, I'm used to database > systems like Oracle or MySQL. > I created a simple database consisting of a single table and a form to > fill in new entrys and search for existing entrys. Bu...

Error on query in MS Access
I have tables linked to an archive. I have a query built with parameters that prompt the user for input. I receive the following error after input (46972): "Reserved error (-2029); there is no message for this error." When I run the query and equal the criteria to 46972, I can retrieve the rows. Any suggestions? <angela.y.austin@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:cb5b421a-eb8e-44da-af7c-9d587d4ad1ee@googlegroups.com... >I have tables linked to an archive. I have a query built with parameters >that prompt the user for input. > > I receive the...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Updating MS-Access Database query
hello i need to update my MS-Access database thru matlab. when using the following code using function "updates" it updates the database i.e .......whereClause = 'where month = ''Nov'''..... Here "Nov" is an entry in the database. Now when i assign a variable to the months..ie variable name "MNTH" could contain Jan /Feb etc,.....and i want to pass the variable "MNTH" ie .......whereClause = 'where month = ''MNTH'''..... it DOES NOT update the database and i receive the error .....error in horxcat......

query ms access database from the user
At college i have been given this piece of untidy code because it mixes a gui interface with the console, i prefare one or the other, but its not my code, i understand what it does. It opens the database CarDB by using the java odbc (Open Database Connectivity ) driver and searches for the row make with nissan and displays to the screen as text in a gui text box the columns Registration, Model, Year, Price in the same row as the nissan . I would like the programme to ask the user which car their want to search for . Unfortunately i do not learn at college or have taught myself sql. If i am understanding proberly the line ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery( "SELECT Registration, Model, Year, Price FROM Table1 where Make='nissan'"); is where the query starts, but its hardcoded in, i presume i need to have a line similar to ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery( "SELECT Registration, Model, Year, Price FROM Table1 request Make=' '") or something similar, am i along the correct lines? here is the code.. import java.sql.*; //import javax.swing.JOptionPane; //import javax.swing.JTextArea; import java.io.*; public class Car2 { public static void main(String args[]){ Connection connection; Statement st; String out=""; JTextArea display=new JTextArea(); try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); connection= DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:CarDB","","");...

Accessing Access

Access 2002 fails on Access 2000 Query
We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000. A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good. Access is connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.It was installed in remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine. When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails. The failing machine passes other operations with the same Oracle database. Any help is appreciated. Chris ...

Error running a query on an Access Database
The error I get: no value given for one or more required parameters The variables: table, newfield and text The lines giving the error: sSQL = "UPDATE " + table + " SET " + NewField + " = Field7 WHERE Label7 = " + text + ";" conn.Execute sSQL, conn Any ideas where I am messing up? Thanks. <Admin.Matthew@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160070712.774036.5040@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The error I get: no value given for one or more required parameters > > The variables: table, newfield and text > > The l...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Web resources about - Access Query and Invalid Argument Error - comp.databases.ms-access

Argument (linguistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , an argument is an expression that helps complete the meaning of a predicate . Most predicates take one, two, or three arguments. ...

Femme Fatales on Cinemax: Anne Greene’s argument against sex scenes defeated in court
AN ACTRESS who tried to sue HBO’s Cinemax for forcing her to film nude sex scene against her will has suffered a major setback in court.

Government says Apple arguments in encryption case a 'diversion,' presents point-by-point rebuttal
Apple Insider Government says Apple arguments in encryption case a 'diversion,' presents point-by-point rebuttal Apple Insider As the Apple ...

When does an argument against vegetarianism become harassment akin to racial harassment — based on someone's ...
... meat because [you]’d be smarter and have bigger brains.'" So would the boy have been punished if he'd limited himself to a substantive argument ...

Al Franken Likens GOP’s SCOTUS Obstruction Arguments To An ‘SNL’ Sketch
... comes out of their mouths. If they weren't so dangerous, they might even be humorous as well. Al Franken Compares GOP’s Supreme Court Arguments ...

Vast Conspiracy Theory Takes Back Seat To Technical Arguments In RJ Reynolds Case
The Supreme Court hears a case based on tangled allegations RJ Reynolds sits at the center of a vast illegal conspiracy.

Hulk Hogan trial nears end, with closing arguments Friday
Testimony will continue for a ninth day in the Hulk Hogan sex video trial in a Florida courtroom.

Justice Ann Walsh Bradley left oral arguments early
She said last week members of the high court almost never skip out of oral arguments early after a colleague did that — but it turns out Bradley ...

Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance lays out his side of the FBI vs Apple argument
... side of the FBI. Yesterday, Vance went on TV to lay out his case on Fox News’ Mornings with Maria. Vance does a solid job laying out his argument ...