Access randomly changed paper size for default printer

Greetings all!

My problem is this.  I've installed a new printer on my computer.
This is the "default printer" for access.  Now, some of my reports,
which were working fine with the old printer, are now showing up with
an odd view (very enlarged) in preview.  If I go to page setup, and
choose specific printer to then look at the paper size listed in my
default printer, it shows Hegaki Card 100mmX148mm instead of letter.
It seems as though if I change it, save the report (with the specific
printer) and then switch back to the default printer and save again
it's ok, but this seems like an awful lot of messing around.  I'm sure
I'm missing something simple, but would appreciate some help.  BTW- if
I look at the printer settings from windows printers and faxes, the
default is letter.  The reports are also showing letter if that makes
a difference.  Thanks in advance.

PS... I forgot to mention I'm using Access 2003 SP2

Thanks again

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:24:59 -0800 (PST), brianflannery@tds.net wrote:

>Greetings all!
>
>My problem is this.  I've installed a new printer on my computer.
>This is the "default printer" for access.  Now, some of my reports,
>which were working fine with the old printer, are now showing up with
>an odd view (very enlarged) in preview.  If I go to page setup, and
>choose specific printer to then look at the paper size listed in my
>default printer, it shows Hegaki Card 100mmX148mm instead of letter.
>It seems as though if I change it, save the report (with the specific
>printer) and then switch back to the default printer and save again
>it's ok, but this seems like an awful lot of messing around.  I'm sure
>I'm missing something simple, but would appreciate some help.  BTW- if
>I look at the printer settings from windows printers and faxes, the
>default is letter.  The reports are also showing letter if that makes
>a difference.  Thanks in advance.

Unless you have a specific need to do so (i.e. a Label printer, or Color Laser that a report must use) you're better off
setting the reports to Default Printer. This should be a one time thing.

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
scott8442 (47)
1/9/2008 11:05:54 AM
On Jan 9, 5:05=A0am, Scott McDaniel <scott@NoSpam_Infotrakker.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:24:59 -0800 (PST), brianflann...@tds.net wrote:
> >Greetings all!
>
> >My problem is this. =A0I've installed a newprinteron my computer.
> >This is the "defaultprinter" foraccess. =A0Now, some of my reports,
> >which were working fine with the oldprinter, are now showing up with
> >an odd view (very enlarged) in preview. =A0If I go to page setup, and
> >choose specificprinterto then look at thepapersizelisted in my
> >defaultprinter, it shows Hegaki Card 100mmX148mm instead of letter.
> >It seems as though if I change it, save the report (with the specific
> >printer) and then switch back to thedefaultprinterand save again
> >it's ok, but this seems like an awful lot of messing around. =A0I'm sure
> >I'm missing something simple, but would appreciate some help. =A0BTW- if
> >I look at theprintersettings from windows printers and faxes, the
> >defaultis letter. =A0The reports are also showing letter if that makes
> >a difference. =A0Thanks in advance.
>
> Unless you have a specific need to do so (i.e. a Labelprinter, or Color La=
ser that a report must use) you're better off
> setting the reports toDefaultPrinter. This should be a one time thing.
>
> Scott McDaniel
> scott@takemeout_infotrakker.comwww.infotrakker.com- Hide quoted text -

That's the problem.  All of the reports were set to the "default"
printer.  The problem reared its ugly head when we removed the
existing default printer (HP Business Inkjet 2230) and installed a new
default printer (HP Officejet Pro K850).  Then some but not all of the
reports when opened in print preview have an enlarged view (i.e. a one
page report may be enlarged or zoomed in and be on 4 pages).  If you
look at page setup, it shows letter.  If you look at the default print
settings in windows, the printer default is letter.  If you go to page
setup in the report, select "specific printer" and then choose the
K850 and look at print settings, it shows Hegaki Card 100mmX148mm.  If
you change it to letter, and save the change, the print preview (and
printout for that matter) return to normal.  So... I have to open each
report, check it, change it if necessary (see steps above), then re-
create and re-distribute the mde db.  I'm just trying to figure out
why and how it happened and why only a portion of the reports are
affected, and why or how access is doing this.  Access must somewhere
deep in its bowels store the default printer settings (whether as a
whole or for each report), and somehow this information has been
unknowingly changed.

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

random access in an access DB
Hi People, I would like to make a kind of dictionnary accessDB with two fields.The first field will be " french word" en the second field " english word", so "maison" - "house". My problem is, how can I call with a random access one record with an english word en give an answer for the french woord en check it with the good woord in the database. Many thanks Fred expert_20@hotmail.com For DAO, I would do something like (air code) Dim DB as DataBase Dim RS as RecordSet Dim SQL as String Dim EnglishWord as String EnglishWo...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

MS Access Database File Size smaller then previous version
I am novice to MS Access Development, I regularly back my access database every 2, 3 days ...today when I was going to back my database I saw the access file on the network drive was only 9 MB in size, while the backup files that I had saved few days back were 258 MB in size. And the network drive is where the database is saved on. Can anyone suggest something why or how I can track what happend or a way to compare the backup database with the new database to see where they differ.. how to compare table size or forms size in the 2 database, anyone aware of any bugs that could cuz a sudden change in the Access Database size? Appriciate all your input. Thanks Knick -- Knick Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Knick via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am novice to MS Access Development, > I regularly back my access database every 2, 3 days ...today when I was > going to back my database I saw the access file on the network drive was only > > 9 MB in size, while the backup files that I had saved few days back were 258 > > MB in size. > > And the network drive is where the database is saved on. > Can anyone suggest something why or how I can track what happend or a way to > compare the backup database with the new database to see where they differ.. > how to compare table size or forms size in the 2 database, anyone aware of > any bugs that could cuz a sudden change in the Access Database size? > ...

Access 97 changes Paper Size in Page Setup in Reports
I use a DYMO labelwriter with my Access 97 database. I just purchased a new computer and in the report section under page setup/paper size, the new computer keeps changing the size automatically. I know something must be different on the machines. But what? I have checked everything ! Thanks, Ira I am not sure from your description what is happeneing. Is it that they reports you create in Access are not saving their paper sizes properly? If so, I seem to recall that there was a patch for reports in Access not saving their paper sizes and margins properly. (It may have been for A2K, t...

is Random Access File really "random access"?
Hi, I am kind of new at this topic, but does anyone know that: is Java's Random Access File really "random access", or just java "simulate" it for newbie coders' easy coding? The difference is, for example, for a 100G file of many records, if the access to it is a REAL random access, then accessing any of its record will use almost the same time (and fast): accessing the first record will use the same time as accessing its 100th record, 1000000th record, etc., and all should be fast and use little resource. So I think it comes down to how the "seek(position)&...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz rep...

Accessing MS-Access from Solaris and AIX
Hi: I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Access from Java client on Windows platform. We are in the process of migrating from Win to Solaris and AIX platform. MS-Access will continue to reside on Win platform. How can I access MS-Access from Java client on Solaris and AIX? Can I still use Sun JdbcOdbcDriver?. What drivers or files do I need on Solaris and AIX platforms? If Sun JdbcOdbcDriver for MS-Access is not possible on these platforms, please let me know alternatives. (I can't change database product) Thanks, Vasanth on 7/12/2004 11:48 AM Vasanth Wrote: > Hi: > I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Access from Java client on > Windows platform. We are in the process of migrating from Win to > Solaris and AIX platform. MS-Access will continue to reside on Win > platform. How can I access MS-Access from Java client on Solaris and > AIX? Can I still use Sun JdbcOdbcDriver?. What drivers or files do I > need on Solaris and AIX platforms? If Sun JdbcOdbcDriver for MS-Access > is not possible on these platforms, please let me know alternatives. > (I can't change database product) > > Thanks, > Vasanth Vasanth, You would need odbc drivers on Solaris/AIX. Googling for odbc unix gives a good hit: http://www.easysoft.com/solutions/accessnw.phtml Its a good place to start your investigations from... -- Shanmu. Vasanth wrote: > Hi: > I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Acce...

Web resources about - Access randomly changed paper size for default printer - comp.databases.ms-access

Are Facebook Accounts Being Randomly Disabled?
Are Facebook Accounts Being Randomly Disabled?

Michell Smith's answer to Steve Jobs: What are the best stories about people randomly meeting Steve Jobs ...
Michell Smith's answer: Prior to his return to Apple, it was obvious that the company was in trouble. Larry Ellison had floated the idea of a ...

Lucky - Randomly Exchange Photos with Friends on the App Store on iTunes
Get Lucky - Randomly Exchange Photos with Friends on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

cats randomly on december 17 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Just cat litter bags attacked by our kittens

Minecraft Command Block : Randomly Generated Forest - YouTube
In this video, I demonstrate what can be done by using the spreadplayers command. Keep in mind, this is just a proof of concept, and hopefully ...

Man randomly slashes stranger's throat with machete, before attacking taxi driver
Bravery of bystanders prevented machete deaths in Belconnen last night, prosecutors say.

Prison cells should be randomly swept for drugs after lockdown, Tracy-Lee Brannigan inquest finds
Prison cells in NSW should be subjected to random searches after the daily afternoon lockdown, particularly when inmates are suspected of illicit ...

Suncor Drug Testing: Oil Giant Loses Another Bid To Randomly Test Workers
FORT MCMURRAY, Alta. - Oilsands giant Suncor Energy has lost another battle in its attempt to randomly test thousands of union workers in northern ...

Show Your Valentine How Much You Care With a Randomly Chosen Facebook Gift
Valentine’s Day. It’s that time of year when the relationship-bound all scramble to do something special for their significant other — be it ...

Choir randomly discovers beautiful acoustics at zoo’s Reptile House
From the YouTube page: The choir from Harding University in Arkansas came to visit the Cincinnati Zoo. A few of them wandered into the Reptile ...