Access XP / SQL Server 2005 Express?

Hello,

Has anyone here used Access XP(2002)  and SQL Server 2005 express?  I'm
wondering how well they work together if you were to create an ADP.

Thanks!
Rick

0
Rico

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and data...

Loads of errors when querying MS SQL Server Express 2005 from Access 2007
Hi, I wonder if you could help - I have an SQL server database with four tables... I have a 'tblContact': ContactID,FirstName,LastName 101,Peter,Smith 102,John,Crow 103,Ed,Bye 104,Stuart,Jones I have a =91tblClient=92: ClientID,CompanyName 201,XYZCom 202,ABCCom I have a =91bltClientContactLinkTable=92: ContactID,ClientID, PositionID 101,201,301 102,201, 301 103,202, 302 104,202,302 And fiinally a tblPosition: PositionID,Description 301,Manager 302,Director The query below (when run through a Query Analyser connected diretly to the SQL server) displays the first and last name of all contacts along with the company they work for and the position the hold. If they don't have a position it returns 'no position'. SELECT tblClient.CompanyName, tblContact.FirstName, tblContact.LastName, coalesce(tblPosition.Description, 'no position') as Description FROM tblContactClientLinkTable INNER JOIN tblContact ON (tblContact.ContactID =3D tblContactClientLinkTable.ContactID) INNER JOIN tblClient ON (tblClient.ClientID =3D tblContactClientLinkTable.ClientID) LEFT JOIN tblPosition ON (tblContactClientLinkTable.PositionID =3D tblPosition.PositionID) GROUP BY tblClient.CompanyName, tblContact.FirstName, tblContact.LastName, tblPosition.Description ORDER BY tblClient.CompanyName However, If I connect to the server from Access so I can actually edit the data easily I get problems Once I'd added all the tables I need (through ODBC linked table), prefixed eac...

Access 2k upgrade to Access 2003 or SQL Server Express?
I'm having a system using Access 2000 as both front-end (queries, forms, reports & temp tables for reports) & back-end (data) with back-end running on the server. The application runs on the network with around 15 users. The back-end database is suffering from performance issues. There were several corruptions since few months & one major corruption & corrupted the MSysObjects table. Also, the system will run batch process that generate hundreds to thousands of records in the transaction table, which caused the transaction table being locked even though users just trying to add new transactions even though the database has been selected to use record-level locking. Furthermore, some queries are very slow as they query the transaction table which has over 1.3 million records. The company has just been covered by the corporate license (as a company of the group) to update all PCs to Office 2003. Is upgrading to Access 2003 help to get the system more stable/reliable? Is Access 2003 not so easy to corrupt? Can we get true record-locking or still suffering from locking pages or even the whole table when adding hundreds of records? As upgrading to SQL Server is not an option at the moment (due to the budget), I'm also looking to the SQL Server Express which is free. But how hard is it to upgrade to SQL Server Express? There are lots of codes using DAO recordset in the application, do I need to change all to ADO? Is the front-end still in .MDB (database) ...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

Access 2003 and SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I tried to migrate data of an Access 2003 application (.mdb) to SQL Server 2005 Express. Using the Wizard and choosing 'create a new database', I receive (a French message saying roughly) '... migration wizard requires SQL Server version 6.5 sp 5 and later ... connect to an SQL server source of data.'. Given that failure, I went to another PC running MSDE (according to readme file it should be SQL server 2000 service pack 3). Started migration and it worked just fine. Did some tests and this is really what we need. My conclusion has been that Access 2003 has trouble connecting to SQL Server 2005. Trying to find an answer browsing posted messages, it sounds like both should connect. Is it just the method I am using that don't work? The message says that 'the wizard' is not compatible, is there another way? I went back to the machine with SQL 2005 and created a small DB using SQL Client. I started the wizard and this time using the 'use an existing DB' option but in the end I received the same message. Is Access 2003 compatible with SQL Server 2005 Express and if so, I think I need some help about how to do it. Thank you. On 26 Jun 2006 13:54:48 -0700, jmnaste@hotmail.com wrote: Worked fine for me when I just tried (using the Northwind sample db), so I don't think it's an inherent problem with Access 2003. Are you on the latest service packs for Office and SQL Server 2005? My instance is called <machinename>\SQLEX...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Why upgrade to MS SQL Server (be it 2000 or 2005) from Access (say, 97)?
Probably this question has been asked hundreds of times and yet net search has not generated satisfactory enough answer, at least, to me. And OK, let's assume your organization has more than 200 employees, just one measure to indicate that it's not small and data processing needs are quite extensive (for both OLTP and OLAP). We've heard so much about concurrency support, stability and performance. Are there any real persuasive paper out there to talk about it? Now, let me also put it in another perspective, say, you're a Microsoft sql server sales guy or gal for that matte...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Ms Access upload to SQL Server 2005 BE & Sharepoint FE
I have about 20 Ms Access Databases to need to be upload onto a SQL Server 2005. Currently the are on a network/server residing on a specific drive. The goal is to keep the user face the same (ms access) and put all of the tables onto a SQL Server 2005 BE, and yet make those databases accessible to open/view through Ms Sharepoint. What is the simple (properties) way to grab all of those db's = 20 and upload to server? With out having to write code. Pull all db's over to SQL then store the Ms Access databases on Sharepoint where the user face remains the same and the tables are on th...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Fresh SQL Server 2005 giving problem in accessing access 97 file through Jet Ole DB Provider
Problem:Jet 4.0 Ole DB Provider stops working the momemt SQL 2005 server is installed. Environmental steps: 1.Installed XP Sp2 2.Installed SQL 2005 Server with SP1 3.Trying to import data from an access 97 file Actual problem:The linked server gets created but when try to read data we get attached error The problem displayed is following [02/19/07 18:24:47]: Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "MGMTREPORTS". OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for li...

Hosting advice needed for changing Access backend databases to SQL Server Express
After a virus that was so new that it wasn't in the antivirus checklist hit= a company where I work recently, the company that maintains the server sug= gested that Access backends not be used to store data to minimize attack ex= posure. The VP was delighted to see that I already had plans in place to m= ove the backend data to SQL Server Express for greater stability and for gr= eater security. In looking at the SQL Server 2014 requirements in: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506(v=3Dsql.120).aspx I saw included: "Installing SQL Server on a Domain Contr...

Using GetOleDbSchemaTable and Visual Basic .NET for MS-Access and SQL Server Express
I need to write a VB.Net application that will take an mdb file (Access 2000) and create corresponding copy of it in SQL Express, creating all the tables and relationships, and transferring over the data (using an existing application like DTS in SQL Server or something else is NOT an option - this must be coded from scratch). The Access databases that it must be able to handle will only have tables, relationships, and data (i.e. no forms, macros, queries, reports). I see that in the System.Data.OleDb namespace there is the method GetOleDbSchemaTable that returns all sorts of schema informati...

Can SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 be installed on same machine?
I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine without conflicts? As in two different instances? John Dalberg John Dalberg <john_dd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<tpnme2253onv.6h4z5zpbsegl.dlg@40tude.net>... > I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server > 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine > without conflicts? As in two different instances? > > John Dalberg From what I understand of the...

Copy databases from SQL 2005 server to SQL Express
Two Windows 2003 server, one with SQL 2005 server, another with SQL Express. Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Thanks. Thanks (Thanks@work.com) writes: > Two Windows 2003 server, > one with SQL 2005 server, > another with SQL Express. > > Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Yes, but I don't think you can use the Copy Database Wizard, but you will have to do it by hand. Which is not very difficult anyway. On source machine backup database, and make note of the logical filenames. (You see these with sp_helpdb). ...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

Web resources about - Access XP / SQL Server 2005 Express? - comp.databases.ms-access

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express
Congratulations, you're now registered! Let us know what news and updates you want to hear about and we'll send them straight to your inbox. ...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

MV Colombo Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
a title it held until the Emma Mærsk was launched in 2006. Colombo Express holds 8,749 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU), 730 refrigerated ...

City slicker Malcolm Turnbull hitches a ride on the urban express
Malcolm Turnbull wants his cities policy to be a trademark of his prime ministership.

City slicker Malcolm Turnbull hitches a ride on the urban express
Malcolm Turnbull wants his cities policy to be a trademark of his prime ministership.

China to Boost Express Delivery Service: Postal Chief
Workers work at a sorting center of an express company in Jiujiang, Jiangxi province, on Nov 11, 2014. [Photo:asianewsphoto.com] China will improve ...

UnitedHealth Takes on CVS, Express Scripts With Drugs Deal
UnitedHealth Group Inc.’s OptumRx unit struck an agreement to ease customers’ access to drugs through Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc.’s drugstores, ...

Terror watchdogs express concern about UK extremism plans
LONDON (AP) — Britain's current and former watchdogs over terrorism legislation say that government plans to crack down on nonviolent extremism ...