Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a

passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so
many examples - none of which seem to work for me.

I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll).

My current code is :

Dim Report As New crPrintPreview
Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable

Private Sub Form_Load()
Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1)
varpath = CurDir
crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb"
CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report
CRViewer1.ViewReport
End Sub

All I receive is the message "Error opening file xxxxxxx etc" and then
"Open Database session failed"

Appreciate any help!

Peter Tyler

0
PLTyler (24)

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide...

Possible to access MS Access 2007 password-protected database from Python?
Googling has shown me various ways of connecting to a non-password- protected Access database, but I was wondering if someone could point to code illustrating how to use an Access db that's password- protected. I haven't been able to find anything on this. Thanks, Ken ...

Hi! Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access database or do I need a special driver? Thanks, Andree Hi Andree Ellert, you can use activeXcontrol to interact with MS-Access database. access = actxserver('Access.Application'); returns the handle for Access. set(access, 'Visible', 1); will show the opened Access window. use get(access) and set(access) commands to find the methods available to call. -Vadivelu M =========== http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/database/datatool.shtml "Andree Ellert" <ellert@gmx.net////...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000
hi access gurus would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000, like what are the problems to be expected and how to handle it. also would appreciate if anyone can give pointers on using VSS with ms access 2000, how to handle multiuser issues when it comes to insert, update and delete. thanx in advance, regards bala balkiicbe@yahoo.com (bala) wrote in message news:<b62a781b.0310080544.6d2a08fc@posting.google.com>... > hi access gurus > > would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms >...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Cal...

Any MS Access that is NOT MS Access in WinXP?
Hi all, I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I don't want to use Access anymore. I started looking for another database, but I found none. I already know (and used) MySQL and PostgreSQL (waiting 7.4), but as far as I know they are only daemon, and under windows they use a lot of memory and CPU time. It's like installing a Ferrari only to cross the road. Maybe an approach with loading the daemon at the start of the program, and quitting it at the end, but I don't know how ...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); --------...

I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I can not save any new records. Has any one seen this problem yet? Thanks Clarence Wollman On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewollman@gmail.com> wrote: Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application? (search your computer for northwind.mdb) -Tom. >I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up >to now I was running...

Redhat Apache to access MS-Access Database through PHP
Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have Redhat Liux ES v2.1 Server Apache 1.3 PHP 4.0 a MS-Access MDB file (just the file, already created) The MS-Access file is already in the Redhat Linux server. Is there a way I can make Apache & PHP to access this MS-Access MDB file? Thank you. ...

MS Access 2000
Hi Any ideas how to use the repair option for a corrupted MS Access 2000 database that has been password protected? On opening the database, Access prompts for the password as normal. After entering the password a warning appears that the database has become corrupt and do you want to repair. On acknowledging this message a window appears that an invalid password has been entered! Any ideas how to resolve this? Many thanks Johno Service Pack 3 for Office 2000 addresses this issue according to: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326605 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western ...

Hi, I have an application with MS-Access as backend and JSP/ tomcat as frontend/webserver. For getting better response time(as access is very slow compared to other RDBMS's), I have split the main DB into two DB's on different disks on my server for better performance.I have kept the table names same but changed the DB names. How do I access tables from both the DB's? This is what I have done; I made different connection to the respective DB's i.e. con and con2. When I want to access data, I am using 2 result sets for retriving data from the tables, but getting no re...

multiple users' simultaneous access to a MS Access database
When my end user clicks on the icon for her MS Access database (the icon is on her Novell NAL menu) she is successful in opening the database. However, when another staff member is using the database she receives the message that someone is using it and she cannot access it at that time. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to resolve this? I guess it would be a fix to allow multiple users simultaneous access to a MS Access database? Thanks in advance, Zuf Per zufie: >When my end user clicks on the icon for her MS Access database (the >icon is on her Novell NAL menu...

HXTT Access v1.0 Released for MS Access database
HXTT Access provides a type 4 JDBC driver for Table, System Table, View(Query), and Linked Table of Microsoft Access (MS Access) version from 2.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2002, to 2003. It supports JDBC1.2, JDBC2.0, and JDBC3.0. It supports Personal Java, JDK1.0.X, JDK1.1.X, JDK1.2.X, JDK1.3.X, JDK1.4.X and JDK1.5.X. It supports JBuilder's Database Pilot, Oracle's JVM, JDeveloper 10G, Dreamweaver UltraDev, Dreamweaver ColdFusion, ObJectRelationalBridge, DBVisualizer, Sunopsis, MySQL Migration Toolkit, Tomcat, vqServer, Hibernate, SQuirreL SQL Client, and DbEdit Database Utilites for Eclipse Platform. It supports transaction, XOPEN SQLState, RMI, Jini, JNDI, and serialization. It supports { UNION | INTERSECT | EXCEPT | MINUS } [ ALL ] query , INNER JOIN, FULL JOIN, LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN, NATURAL JOIN, CROSS JOIN, self join, and subquery which includes single-row subquery, multirow subquery, multiple-column subquery, inline views, and correlated subquery. The current version of the HXTT Access packages are available at http://www.hxtt.net/en/software/download.jsp?product=Access . ...

To enter and access database of MS access or any DBMS usibg C.
hello people, Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to enter and also access data from a Database management system using C?...also tell me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along with the headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment only....using turboC In article <1134648270.423831.13110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Sree <gisripa@gmail.com> wrote: >hello people, > Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to >enter and also access data from a Database management system using >C?.....

Web resources about - Accessing a passworded MS Access 2000 database in Crystal Reports - comp.databases.ms-access

How does Chromecast figure out how to get on your passworded Wifi network?
Rob Brown , Quora User , Quora User , (more) Loading... Out of the box or freshly reset, a Chromecast functions as a hot spot with a network ...

Baby Monitor HD for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Baby Monitor HD on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. 'The next generation Baby Monitor' - Watch & Listen ...

░░░▒▒▓Jess R. ▓▒▒░░░ (@Jofo) on Twitter

SkyOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SkyOS ("sky o-ess") was a prototype commercial, proprietary , graphical desktop operating system written for the x86 computer architecture . ...

Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon
The Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon Ancient Free and Accepted Masons website contains philosophy, symbolism and history textfiles, ...

Price Drop: Doc folder
Doc folder 1.2 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Utilities Price: Free, Version: 1.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Bankruptcy!? sale until 2012.3.15(3days). ...

FragBU Events at BeyondUnreal - BeyondUnreal
BeyondUnreal is the Unreal Community's favorite source for news, discussion forums, info, articles and files for all Unreal Engine titles, including ...

On the h4xx0ring of p4sswordZ
Column about guessing, and stealing, passwords.

Confirmed Upcoming Features for DayZ - Announcements & Information - DayZ Forums
Confirmed Upcoming Features for DayZ - posted in Announcements & Information: There is a great deal of topics dealing with this, so I thought ...