Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a

passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so
many examples - none of which seem to work for me.

I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll).

My current code is :

Dim Report As New crPrintPreview
Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable

Private Sub Form_Load()
Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1)
varpath = CurDir
crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb"
CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report
CRViewer1.ViewReport
End Sub

All I receive is the message "Error opening file xxxxxxx etc" and then
"Open Database session failed"

Appreciate any help!

Peter Tyler

0
PLTyler (24)

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? #2
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000
Dear all, I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an Access 97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a solution. 1. The problem: Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are NOT displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly in Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the results correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN mode. 2. Background: -I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very ...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

Web resources about - Accessing a passworded MS Access 2000 database in Crystal Reports #2 - comp.databases.ms-access

How does Chromecast figure out how to get on your passworded Wifi network?
Rob Brown , Quora User , Quora User , (more) Loading... Out of the box or freshly reset, a Chromecast functions as a hot spot with a network ...

Baby Monitor HD for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Baby Monitor HD on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. 'The next generation Baby Monitor' - Watch & Listen ...

░░░▒▒▓Jess R. ▓▒▒░░░ (@Jofo) on Twitter

SkyOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SkyOS ("sky o-ess") was a prototype commercial, proprietary , graphical desktop operating system written for the x86 computer architecture . ...

Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon
The Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon Ancient Free and Accepted Masons website contains philosophy, symbolism and history textfiles, ...

Price Drop: Doc folder
Doc folder 1.2 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Utilities Price: Free, Version: 1.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Bankruptcy!? sale until 2012.3.15(3days). ...

FragBU Events at BeyondUnreal - BeyondUnreal
BeyondUnreal is the Unreal Community's favorite source for news, discussion forums, info, articles and files for all Unreal Engine titles, including ...

On the h4xx0ring of p4sswordZ
Column about guessing, and stealing, passwords.

Confirmed Upcoming Features for DayZ - Announcements & Information - DayZ Forums
Confirmed Upcoming Features for DayZ - posted in Announcements & Information: There is a great deal of topics dealing with this, so I thought ...