Accessing webservice from access

Hi

Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access?
Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access?

Thanks

Regards

0
John6500 (333)

"John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access?
> Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

I don't know if there's an easier way but you can use the MSXML object. I
suggest you download and install the MS web services toolkit. In it you'll
find a bunch of whitepapers and examples. Take a look at Building and
Deploying Visual Basic for Applications Web Service Clients

0
assaynet (289)

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Accessing Access

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Access Controls in Access
How on access can you set access controls to your users? If they log in with one username and password they can just read information and if they log in with another username and password they can read and write? I have no idea how to do this, is it even possible?? Thank you Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, passwords, read/write allowances etc. to your database using that. Its under the 'Tools' menu of Access. Brian wrote: > Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, > passwords, read/write allowances etc. to your database using that. > Its under the 'Tools' menu of Access. Playing is not the proper word for it. I would never "play" with installing security without a backup copy of the System.mdw file or a backup of the application. You should also recommend the SecFaq when "playing" with security. http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/techpapers.htm. Dangerous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASIVv_LiBoU Yeah i suppose playing wasn't the correct word for it. Hey Thanks for both your help. I'll try that. "Hanny J" <hannyjones@aol.com> wrote > Thanks for both your help. I'll try that. Note that a well-versed author and authority, Roger Jenkins, back in the days of Access 2.0, characterized Access' Security as "labrynthine". It has not gotten any less complex, and I caution that, while it is "doable&qu...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Access to Excel to Access
I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run and the cell containing the calculation result is passed back to a third text box on the form in access. Ideas? fonzie wrote: > I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a > button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, > the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run > and the cell containing the calculation result is passed back to a > third text box on the form in access. Ideas? Do the calculations in Access. Access can't do the calculations that excel can. fonzie wrote: > Access can't do the calculations that excel can. Which functions are you trying to use? I already figured it out. Dim objXL As Object Set objXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objXL.workbooks.Open "c:\examples\test.xls" objXL.range("a2").Value = Me.text1 objXL.range("a3").Value = Me.text2 Me.text3 = objXL.range("c4").Value objXL.activeworkbook.saved = True objXL.Quit Set objXL = Nothing Very well! I appreciate you post your solution. Do you care to share that formula in C4? I'm rather curious as to what that may be. (And of course I feel challenged... can't do... I wrote a flight simulator in Ac...

Access parameters and accessibility
I'm reading the book "Programming in Ada 2005" of John Barnes and I have difficulties to understand the chapter about access parameters. In chapter 10.7 on pages 197/198 he writes: --- An access parameter can be passed on to another access parameter; typically the accessibility indication is passed on unchanged but in the unusual circumstance where the called subprogram is internal to the calling subprogram, the accessibility level is replaced by that of the (statically known) formal calling parameter if less than the original actual parameter. --- Could some...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

Web resources about - Accessing webservice from access - comp.databases.ms-access

Visual Basic/WebServices Developer(Canberra)

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Geographical coordinates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WikiProject Geographical coordinates aims to better organize location information in articles containing a set of numbers that identifies location ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...