ActiveX Component can't create object Windows 7 64 bit

I have a client who has installed my Access 2002 application using Wise with
SageKey script installation disk onto a Windows 7 64 bit PC.
When she tries to open Outlook 2010 (32 bit) from within Access, an Error
429 - 'ActiveX Component can't create object' is generated.
The error is triggered from the following code:
Set objOutlook = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
or
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
The same code works fine on other workstations at the same site using the
same install disc and Windows XP 32 bit.
I use late binding so there should be no references problem.
Any ideas?

--
Bob Darlington
Brisbane

0
Bob

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:27:49 +1000, "Bob Darlington"
<bob@notheredpcman.com.au> wrote:

>I have a client who has installed my Access 2002 application using Wise with
>SageKey script installation disk onto a Windows 7 64 bit PC.
>When she tries to open Outlook 2010 (32 bit) from within Access, an Error
>429 - 'ActiveX Component can't create object' is generated.
>The error is triggered from the following code:
>Set objOutlook = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
>or
>Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>The same code works fine on other workstations at the same site using the
>same install disc and Windows XP 32 bit.
>I use late binding so there should be no references problem.
>Any ideas?

I've only received "No object in this control" with our 3rd party
calendar control and we fix that by manually registering the control
in the command window. But that isn't Win 7 64 specific.

Is the object checked in references?  Is there another version of
Access on her PC (2010 perhaps)?

-paulw
0
PW
2/18/2011 6:23:50 PM
"PW" <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:27:49 +1000, "Bob Darlington"
> <bob@notheredpcman.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I have a client who has installed my Access 2002 application using Wise
>>with
>>SageKey script installation disk onto a Windows 7 64 bit PC.
>>When she tries to open Outlook 2010 (32 bit) from within Access, an Error
>>429 - 'ActiveX Component can't create object' is generated.
>>The error is triggered from the following code:
>>Set objOutlook = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
>>or
>>Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>>The same code works fine on other workstations at the same site using the
>>same install disc and Windows XP 32 bit.
>>I use late binding so there should be no references problem.
>>Any ideas?
>
> I've only received "No object in this control" with our 3rd party
> calendar control and we fix that by manually registering the control
> in the command window. But that isn't Win 7 64 specific.
>
> Is the object checked in references?  Is there another version of
> Access on her PC (2010 perhaps)?
>
> -paulw

Thanks Paul.
I will check for another version of Access, but I don't see how that would
affect a call to open Outlook.
As mentioned above, I'm using late binding, so references aren't an issue.

0
Bob
2/18/2011 10:32:03 PM
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:32:03 +1000, "Bob Darlington"
<bob@notheredpcman.com.au> wrote:

>"PW" <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:27:49 +1000, "Bob Darlington"
>> <bob@notheredpcman.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a client who has installed my Access 2002 application using Wise
>>>with
>>>SageKey script installation disk onto a Windows 7 64 bit PC.
>>>When she tries to open Outlook 2010 (32 bit) from within Access, an Error
>>>429 - 'ActiveX Component can't create object' is generated.
>>>The error is triggered from the following code:
>>>Set objOutlook = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
>>>or
>>>Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>>>The same code works fine on other workstations at the same site using the
>>>same install disc and Windows XP 32 bit.
>>>I use late binding so there should be no references problem.
>>>Any ideas?
>>
>> I've only received "No object in this control" with our 3rd party
>> calendar control and we fix that by manually registering the control
>> in the command window. But that isn't Win 7 64 specific.
>>
>> Is the object checked in references?  Is there another version of
>> Access on her PC (2010 perhaps)?
>>
>> -paulw
>
>Thanks Paul.
>I will check for another version of Access, but I don't see how that would
>affect a call to open Outlook.
>As mentioned above, I'm using late binding, so references aren't an issue.

Well - I missed the late binding mention but I am not sure if I know
what that means! :-)

-pw
0
PW

solving a "ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object Run Time Error 429"
I open Access 2007, open the mydatabase.accdb database, run the below code as a macro and it runs fine. But, if I open a Word 2007 document, try to run this as a macro, I get the error "Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object". on the line where I am trying to open a handle to the database at OpenDatabase("C:\mydatabase.accdb"). I want the below part to run in a Word document so it can read the data in the last column of every row of all the tables in a document, populate a recordset with the values...

ActiveX component can't create object
Hello. I have wine installed on SLED 10 SP1. I also have Oracle 10g Client for Linux. While launching windows VB 6 applications I get error "ActiveX component can't create object". I also notice the following lines on the terminal: - err:module: LdrInitializeThunk "rpcrt4.dll" failed to initialize, aborting err:module: LdrInitializeThunk main.exe Initialization for L "C:\ \windows\\System32\\explorer.exe Failed, status c0000005 help. On Mar 31, 2:22 am, kiki <gakiimure...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have wine installed on SLED 10 SP1. I also ...

activeX component can't create object
how to solve this problem. "activeX component can't create object" its happened when i want to create a new form in ms access. Are you trying to create the new form in code? Or in the Design environment? What version of Access are you using? "Ismadi bin Nawang" <ismadi@pop.jaring.my> wrote in message news:4121f985.3504927@news.jaring.my... > how to solve this problem. "activeX component can't create object" its > happened when i want to create a new form in ms access. ismadi@pop.jaring.my (Ismadi bin Nawang) wrote: >how to solve this...

MWStruct: ActiveX component can't create object
Dear Sir or Madame, I just installed MatLab 6.5.1 (I was using version 6.5.0) and since then the MWStruct Library doesn't work anymore in VB6. I define my Struct Array as follows: Dim aaa As MWStruct Set aaa = New MWStruct Call aaa.Initialize(1, Array "FIPS", "wpFIPS", "D...... However when I execute my VB code, the programm crashes at the "Set aa = New MWStruct" line with the following message: Run-time rror 429: "ActiveX component can't create object" I reinstalled MatLab 6.5 and I get the same error. I did not chang...

ActiveX Component can't create object #2
Hi. I have a routine (BldEmail) that is causing an error on my user's PC but not on mine. HELP!!! I have to fix this tonight. She reports an error with err.number=429 and the error message "ActiveX Component can't create object" out of my BldEmail routine. The routine is called to dynamically build an email note and put it in the Drafts folder. It uses late binding and has the following code: Dim objOutlook As Object Dim objNameSpace As Object Dim objDrafts As Object Dim objItem As Object Dim strBody As String Set objOutlook = CreateObject(...

429, activex component can't create object
I've created a graphing DLL. It uses an excel charting component called Microsoft Chart Control 6.0 (OLEDB) its file name is mschrt20.ocx. I have a VB form which references the above DLL. Two questions: 1. How do I deploy the DLL? (im putting it on another machine) 2. How does the DLL find mschrt20.ocx? Do I make it the same path as in my development machine? Tnks ...

Re: ERROR: ActiveX component can't create object!
Hi... I'am having a problem with scrrun.dll ...in my computer everything works fine but when I install it (setup application was created with InstallShield) an error occurs when I use this component (ActiveX component can't create object). I suppose that this is a problem with the DLL...this only happpen in Windows NT...in 98 everything works fine. please help...I really need to get this working... thanks so much... Miguel ================ Answer: Click on Start, the On Run type regsvr32 SCRRUN.DLL and this could solve the problem. It worked for me. ...

Error : ActiveX component can't create object from AddToADODatabase
I recieve this error. Error : ActiveX component can't create object from AddToADODatabase Any clue watz goin on? Thanks in advance... Andz "andz" <anand411@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155011024.313394.293670@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I recieve this error. > Error : ActiveX component can't create object from AddToADODatabase > Any clue watz goin on? > > Thanks in advance... > Andz More detail about the AX would help, is it your component , has it ever worked, can you view it in the object browser, are you in design mode or compiled , ...

Error 429
I'm using Access 2002 to try to open Outlook 2002 (late binding) using: Dim objOutlook As Object Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") I get the above error if Outlook is closed when the routine runs. If Outlook is open, it runs fine, but doesn't seem to open another copy of Outlook (strange?) It has been working OK previously, and the only change to my system (I can think of) is the installation of Access 2003. When I copy the program to another machine (with all the same apps installed - ie A2002 and A2003 and OL2002) it works fine. I've seen a ...

VB6, --> ActiveX component can't create object
Hello, I copied some code from the Internet to access Excel files from VB6 Firstly, the copied code: ---> Dim MyExcelApp as Excle.Application created a run error: ---> "Compile error: User-defined type not defined" Then I found out that Excel must be installed and the reference: ---> Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library must be selected (that was not available when Excel was not installed) The next copied code: ---> Dim wb As Workbook ---> Set wb = New Workbook now creates a run error: ---> "ActiveX component can't create object" so probably I need...

error 429 : Activex Component can't create object
-- Gracias y Saludos. .. ................................................................. ................................................................. ................................................................. ................................................................. ................................................................. ................................................................. ................................................................. ................................................................. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...

MikTeX Windows 7 64-bit, can't download packages
I installed MikTeX 2.6 and then changed to MikTeX 2.8 on my Windows 7 64-bit system, and neither of them can download packages (from any of several of the FTP servers on the menu). Is this a known problem? MikTeX 2.6 would actually report failure downloading; MikTeX 2.8 is less explicit. Conceivably, this could be a firewall problem (I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials) -- but I can FTP to and from other sites, and I'm not getting any security warnings. Any other ideas? Am 24.11.2009 05:08, schrieb mcovington: > I installed MikTeX 2.6 and then changed to MikTeX 2.8 ...

"ActiveX component can't create object" with MSXML 4
Hello, I've got a small VB project that uses MSXML Version 4.0 objects, apart from that everything is default VB 6. In Project/References I have "Microsoft XML", version 4.0 selected. The project runs OK from VB, and when I make it into an executable (from the File/Make progname.exe menu command) it runs on the same PC that I developed it on. The problem is that when I try to run it on another PC, it runs OK until I attempt to create an MSXML 4 object, in which case it errors out with: Error: 429 "ActiveX component can't create object" I developed the proj...

Run time error 429 , ActiveX component can't create object
Hello, I am doing a project in Visual Basic 6 to create an object of ABBYY FineReader 7.0 professional Edition.But I am getting a run time error Run time error 429 in Visual Basic -ActiveX can't create componenet in the statement Set abbyy = CreateObject("FineReader.Applicatiom") I have added the library "ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Type Library" and also declared the variable 'abbyy' as Dim abbyy as new FineReader.Application , which is showing no error. Anybody can help me please... Thanks and Regards, Dhanya Set abbyy = CreateObject("FineReader.Ap...

Outlook Automation and err 429 ActiveX component can't create object
I'm using late binding to create Outlook email from an Access2K database. I am not referencing the Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library nor the Microsoft Outlook 9.0 Object Library. Instead, I have used the late binding code: Dim objOutlook as object Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(0) etc... I have developed it on a machine running Office 2000 and tested it on a machine running Office 2003. Works fine for me. However, other users are reporting: Error: 429 ActiveX component can't create object. Does anyone have e...

RDO2.0 gives me "ActiveX component can't create object"
I was just about to do some maintenance work on an old app using rdo 2.0, and got this message when I try to run it in the IDE: "ActiveX component can't create object" The code it so standard that it approaches boring. Dim sConnect As String sConnect = "DSN=RW_Portal;" sConnect = sConnect & "UID=RegWebBruker;" sConnect = sConnect & "PWD=RegWebBruker;" sConnect = sConnect & "Database=RW_Portal;" Dim cn As RDO.rdoConnection Set cn = rdoEnvironments(0).OpenConnection( _ "RW_Portal"...

Error: 429 ActiveX component can't create object with Outlook 2003 automation
I'm using late binding to create Outlook email from an Access2K database. I am not referencing the Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library nor the Microsoft Outlook 9.0 Object Library. Instead, I have used the late binding code: Dim objOutlook as object Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(0) etc... I have developed it on a machine running Office 2000 and tested it on a machine running Office 2003. Works fine for me. However, other users are reporting: Error: 429 ActiveX component can't create object. The machine is runn...

Stylus R2400 and Windows 7 64 bit can't choose b & w printing
I just got a new computer running win 7, 64 bit. I downloaded the drivers and installed for the Stylus R2400. Everything looks fine EXCEPT that in the advanced options - the box that says print "enhanced b & w" is now greyed out and cannot be chosen. Since this printer is known for its excellent black and white printing, I'm quite disturbed. Does anyone else have this problem? It seems likely to be the driver but it's the only oddity I've found. Louise ...

64 bit ain't 64 bit on Windows
Before you rush off and get a large memory machine to run 64 bit SAS on 64 bit Windows. SAS support inform me that quite a few procedures don't actually support more than 2gb memory. Documented on an 'internal usage note' no less. These include proc panel and proc iml no less! Very annoying. Yet another reason to learn Stata. Data manipulation in SAS > Stata Econometric estimation in Stata > SAS Neither package has the best of both worlds. BruceBrad wrote: > Before you rush off and get a large memory machine to run 64 bit SAS > on 64 bit Windows. SAS support inf...

Access Security
Hello, What is the best way (if it can be done) to Access a Microsoft Access 2002 database using VB? I can connect to one no problem until I set up security and have a workgroup file. I can't find any kind of connection that lets you change which workgroup information to use. At the moment I get kicked out because I am an unknown user (which is true in the default system.mdw file...). Anyone got any ideas? TIA, Neil. ...

Object creation - Do we really need to create a parent for a derieved object
OK! I had this nagging doubt Consider (without worrying abt access specifiers) class Kid : public Parent{...}; Parent::someFunc() { Kid k; } ISSUE- this new Kid , while constructing it, can't I make the parent of this new kid point to the already existing parent. DO we REALLY NEED to create a Parent each time a Kid object is created. Thanks a lot! JON * jon wayne: > OK! > I had this nagging doubt > > Consider (without worrying abt access specifiers) > class Kid : public Pare...

activeX can't create object
Hi I am installing a sample.exe which is created in Visual Basic 6. When I am going to install this application on Linux using wine these gives a error msg "activeX can't create a object". Please help me how to solve this error. Thank you. ...

Re: 64 bit ain't 64 bit on Windows #2
You can try linux or unix. or multi-threading batch run on windows. ...

Re: 64 bit ain't 64 bit on Windows #3
oops.I lost an "i". run several codes at the same time in batch mode. ...

Web resources about - ActiveX Component can't create object Windows 7 64 bit - comp.databases.ms-access

DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb
DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb

Waterproof components listed for Galaxy S7 on import tracking site
... at least water-resistant – rumors are starting to look increasingly solid. Import tracking site Zauba has revealed several “waterproof” components ...

Minecraft: Pocket Edition receives a new update with additional Redstone components
Version 0.14.0 also features spooky witches, item frames, and more.

Video explains a key component of the Galaxy S7’s camera
Samsung called out Apple several times on stage during its Galaxy S7 announcement when it introduced the new phone's camera. Now a video has ...

A fundamental component of the 'Making a Murderer' mystery relies on a single test — here’s what we know ...
The moment viewers think the tide could change in the trial of Steven Avery comes with the discovery of a hole in a tube. Avery, the subject ...

Auto Expo 2016 - The Motor Show & Components, Delhi,India - Business Standard
Get latest Cars, bikes, auto vehicle launches and News on The Motor & Components Show from Auto Expo 2016. Get exclusive updates for car, bike ...

There's more to Lent than fasting: a look at the 3 components of Lenten observance
If you only paid attention to the mainstream media, you would be forgiven for thinking that Lent is all about fasting in response to Jesus' temptation ...

Iran exports heavy water, a nuclear reactor component, to US
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency says the country has exported heavy water, a key component for one kind of nuclear ...

Dell increases sourcing of PC component from China
Dell reportedly has significantly increased its desktop component supply from China-based players for 2016 and is planning to increase the supply ...