ADO Connection Open fails with error -2147467259 when MS Access database under Source Safe

Immediately after generating the Access application from the Source
Safe project I get:

"-2147467259 Could not use ''; file already in use."

If Access database closed and then reopened I get:

 "-2147467259 The database has been place in a state by user
'Admin' on machine ..... that prevents it from being opened or
locked."

This error will then persist - even past a machine reboot and compact
and repair of both application db (without source safe removal) and
'server' db.  If I remove the Access application from Source Safe
the ADO connection opens fine.  (Might have to close database and
reopen it to get it working the first time after eliminating source
safe.)

I do not appear to be short on memory.   Am using:

Access 2003 with sp1
Source Safe 6.0d
Windows XP Professional with sp2
Database in Access 2002-2003 format
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library

I have isolated error in test database with just one table and one
form.  Test1 fails under source safe while Test2 - which avoids use
of the offending open command -works regardless of use of source safe.

Any illumination on this would be appreciated.  I have found the Source
Safe & Access combination hard going but I do not want to loose source
code control.  This issue has undermined my confidence in these tools
yet again.  Many thanks.
GM

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Private Sub cmdTest1_Click()
On Error GoTo Error_Handler

    Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection
    Dim rtbl As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim lngTest As Long

    Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection
    Set rtbl = New ADODB.Recordset

    lngTest = 1

    ' Have tried eliminating the with block - no difference.  GM
    With cnn
        .ConnectionString = CurrentProject.Connection
        .Open  ' This Open command fails with -2147467259 error if
application under source safe.  GM
    End With

    'Open 'insert cursor' on test table
    rtbl.Open "Table1", cnn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable
    With rtbl
        .AddNew
            !col1 = lngTest
        .Update
    End With

    MsgBox "Test1 Inserted OK"

Exit_Sub:
    On Error Resume Next
    rtbl.Close
    cnn.Close
    Set cnn = Nothing
    Set rtbl = Nothing
    Exit Sub

Error_Handler:
    MsgBox "An error has occured in this application. " _
    & " Please contact your techincal support person and " _
    & " tell them this information: " _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Error Number " & Err.Number & ", " _
    & Err.Description, _
    Buttons:=vbCritical
    Resume Exit_Sub
    Resume
End Sub

Private Sub cmdTest2_Click()
On Error GoTo Error_Handler

    Dim rtbl As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim lngTest As Long

    Set rtbl = New ADODB.Recordset
    lngTest = 2

    'Open 'insert cursor' on test table
    rtbl.Open "Table1", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenStatic,
adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable
    With rtbl
        .AddNew
            !col1 = lngTest
        .Update
    End With

    MsgBox "Test2 Inserted OK"

Exit_Sub:
    On Error Resume Next
    rtbl.Close
    Set rtbl = Nothing
    Exit Sub

Error_Handler:
    MsgBox "An error has occured in this application. " _
    & " Please contact your techincal support person and " _
    & " tell them this information: " _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Error Number " & Err.Number & ", " _
    & Err.Description, _
    Buttons:=vbCritical
    Resume Exit_Sub
    Resume

End Sub

Open Source Database as an Alternative MS Access?
Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an alternative to MS Access? TIA Dan <dan@nospam.com> writes: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/Applications/Databases/140/ In article <4YnOb.91694$fq1.71625@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.rekallrevealed.org/ Dave Cook Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERS...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

jdbc connection to MS access database
Im trying to connect my database. im using ms access when i try to execute my program it gives me this error i create my database by going to the odbc in the administrative tools. and when i try to execute my code it gives me this error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193) at Transit.main(Transit.java:16) and this is the code im using. try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); } catch(Exception e){ ...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity
I am new to MS Access database and want to accomplish following. I have a database and report in MS Access 2003. There are multiple users who wants to access and generate their respective reports (self help). Because of certain license restrictions they can not access 2003 installed on my PC. We have a shared drive with 2002 installed on it. I wanted to accomplish a connection between Access 2003 (my PC) and MS Access 2002 (shared drive). I wanted to have 10 mins data refresh in 2002. Finally users will connect to 2002 and generate their report. Please advice me on how to accomplish this. Any pointers, suggestions, guidance will be really appreciated. Thanks and Regards Piyush same program minus the prettier menu bar icons in A2K3. if you have multiple users accessing at the same time, i'd suggest you look into a front-end, back-end setup. should be able to get the details from the help file. Read the following article of mine..it should help: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/index.htm Note that you can run mixed clients. So, some can be access 2000, some can be access 2002, and some can be 2003.. If you follow the above instructions, all 3 versions can use, and share that data file... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com ...

MS Access Connect to Sybase ASE database
Hi Expert Hope i point to the right grps, I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import the data. I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where can i get it.. I try www.sybase.com but not able to find the link to download the driver, only technical note, or any other's web site? Thank you and appreciate for your help, - Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin On Feb 20, 2:05=A0pm, "mohsin" <u31851@uwe> wrote: > Hi Expert > > Hope i point to the right grps, > > I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import = the > data. > > I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where = can > i get it.. > I trywww.sybase.combut not able to find the link to download the driver, > only technical note, > or any other's web site? > > Thank you and appreciate for your help, > - Mohsin > > -- > Cheers > Mohsin Go to www.sybase.com and search for Advantage ODBC Driver. The link is at the bottom of the page. ...

open a pasword proteccted ms access database
Hi, So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how to do that using connection string? have tried just give the password only and blank on ussername but error. TIA "yanto" <yanto2000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7dd63a1c-da3b-4a11-886a-f9dd8912e1a0@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my > client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how > to do that using connection string? have tried ...

Web resources about - ADO Connection Open fails with error -2147467259 when MS Access database under Source Safe - comp.databases.ms-access

Trump Supporter Charged with Assault after Beating Protester at Arizona Rally
A man who punched and kicked a protestor at a Donald Trump rally in Tucson, Arizona, on Sunday was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault, ...

Obama arrives in Cuba for what he calls a “historic visit”
HAVANA (AP) — Stepping into history, President Barack Obama opened an extraordinary visit to Cuba on Sunday, eager to push decades of acrimony ...

Full Episode: GMA 03/20/16: HS Students Survive Devastating Bus Crash in Indiana
Paris Terror Suspect Admits Pulling Out of Suicide Bombing; Spring Cleaning Offers Opportunity to Start Fresh

IRAQ: Temecula Marine killed in Islamic State rocket attack
NBCNews.com IRAQ: Temecula Marine killed in Islamic State rocket attack Press-Enterprise Staff Sgt. Louis F. Cardin is the second combat death ...

What does Justin Bieber mean by this intimate Instagram with Selena Gomez?
Justin Bieber's giving us the feels. The singer posted a throwback picture to Instagram Saturday of him kissing his ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez, ...

After Salah Abdeslam's arrest, six critical questions
CNN After Salah Abdeslam's arrest, six critical questions CNN (CNN) A wave of relief swept through Brussels and the Belgian security services ...

Nico Rosberg wins Australian F1 Grand Prix
Mercedes' Nico Rosberg has won an Australian Formula One Grand Prix marred by a terrifying crash involving Spaniard Fernando Alonso.

Hillary Clinton Raised $30.1 Million Last Month to Beat Bernie Sanders
Last month, according to campaign finance reports, Hillary Clinton raised more than $30.1 million to be used in the Democratic primary—to be ...

An Palm Sunday Image
Share/Bookmark

Senate Republican leader: No lame-duck hearing of court pick
WASHINGTON (AP) — No Supreme Court hearings, no votes, not during regular business or a postelection lame-duck session, the Senate’s majority ...