ai ai ai

Hello ,

I work for a small transporting company, our clients send us  pick-up
adressess by fax and by e-mail.

We give every pick up order a number, chronologically in the way we
receive the orders.

Than,we  make a table in which we type every pick-up order.

Afterwards, we give every driver a number of pick-ups.

We also give the drivers a list with all the adressess.

To make  these lists, we make a query (which results in a report) for
every driver.

In the query we type in all the numbers (the pick up numbers)

Everything works very well, BUT

for example: we get 3 pick up orders : we give it numbers 1 , 2 , and 3

We want the driver to go to 1, than 3, and than 2

So I type in the query : 1 or 3 or 2

BUT it does not appear 1-3-2

it appears 1 - 2 - 3

!!

But I want it to appear 1-3-2 , in that order!

Is there a possibility to make it appear in this way??

Thank you very much for your  help

Philippe

p.cremie (2)

Philippe Cremie <p.cremie@jcp.be> wrote in

> Hello ,
>

> I work for a small transporting company, our clients send us
> pick-up adressess by fax and by e-mail.
>
> We give every pick up order a number, chronologically in the
> way we receive the orders.
>
> Than,we  make a table in which we type every pick-up order.
>
> We want the driver to go to 1, than 3, and than 2
>
> So I type in the query : 1 or 3 or 2
>
> BUT it does not appear 1-3-2
>
> it appears 1 - 2 - 3
>
> !!
>
> But I want it to appear 1-3-2 , in that order!
>
> Is there a possibility to make it appear in this way??

Add a column to the table called PickupSequence.
Enter the rank of the pickup.

so
order# PickupSequence
1           1
2           4
3           3
7134        2

and tell the query to order the results on PickupSequence

Actually, the list should also contain a column for driver, and
one for the date of pickup

Bob Quintal
0
bquintal (341)
6/25/2004 1:01:03 PM
On 25 Jun 2004 08:40:21 GMT, Philippe Cremie <p.cremie@jcp.be> wrote:

Yes. You need to add another field to the Pickups table:
DeliveryOrder.  When you enter an order, you set this field to 1 for
the first order, 3 for the second, etc. Then in the Driver Report
query you order by that field.

-Tom.