AS400 connection again...

Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400
table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN?  I want to use:

currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString
currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink

I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION.  THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING
ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF.

Is there a way?

Thanks.

Matthew Wells
MWells@FirstByte.net

0
MWells1 (70)

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:38:21 GMT, "Matthew Wells"
<MWells@FirstByte.net> wrote:

I like this site for connection strings:
http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81
(formerly able-consulting.com)

-Tom.

>Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400
>table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN?  I want to use:
>
>currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString
>currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink
>
>I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION.  THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING
>ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF.
>

>Is there a way?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Matthew Wells
>MWells@FirstByte.net

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

jdbc connection to MS access database
Im trying to connect my database. im using ms access when i try to execute my program it gives me this error i create my database by going to the odbc in the administrative tools. and when i try to execute my code it gives me this error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193) at Transit.main(Transit.java:16) and this is the code im using. try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); } catch(Exception e){ ...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity
I am new to MS Access database and want to accomplish following. I have a database and report in MS Access 2003. There are multiple users who wants to access and generate their respective reports (self help). Because of certain license restrictions they can not access 2003 installed on my PC. We have a shared drive with 2002 installed on it. I wanted to accomplish a connection between Access 2003 (my PC) and MS Access 2002 (shared drive). I wanted to have 10 mins data refresh in 2002. Finally users will connect to 2002 and generate their report. Please advice me on how to accomplish this. Any pointers, suggestions, guidance will be really appreciated. Thanks and Regards Piyush same program minus the prettier menu bar icons in A2K3. if you have multiple users accessing at the same time, i'd suggest you look into a front-end, back-end setup. should be able to get the details from the help file. Read the following article of mine..it should help: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/index.htm Note that you can run mixed clients. So, some can be access 2000, some can be access 2002, and some can be 2003.. If you follow the above instructions, all 3 versions can use, and share that data file... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com ...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

MS Access Connect to Sybase ASE database
Hi Expert Hope i point to the right grps, I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import the data. I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where can i get it.. I try www.sybase.com but not able to find the link to download the driver, only technical note, or any other's web site? Thank you and appreciate for your help, - Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin On Feb 20, 2:05=A0pm, "mohsin" <u31851@uwe> wrote: > Hi Expert > > Hope i point to the right grps, > > I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import = the > data. > > I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where = can > i get it.. > I trywww.sybase.combut not able to find the link to download the driver, > only technical note, > or any other's web site? > > Thank you and appreciate for your help, > - Mohsin > > -- > Cheers > Mohsin Go to www.sybase.com and search for Advantage ODBC Driver. The link is at the bottom of the page. ...

Ms Access 2003 Project (.adp) database connection
Hi everybody, I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that possible? If so, what's the procedure to create it? Thank you for your help. gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote: > I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but > as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I > needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that > possible? Probably not in the way you describe. Access is not a database engine/server. It must use something else for those services. Typically an ADP uses a MS-SQL Server connected via ADO (although many of the connections and their charactertistics are arcane). This Server is entirely independent and separate from Access. An MDB uses JET which also hosts the Access application but it can link to many technologies through ODBC also. The AccDB of 2007 uses ACE which seems to be a very minimally modified JET with (not always) a new spelling. I'm trying to envision an ADP without MS-SQL server but so far the screen is just Snow and the sound intermittent scraps of "Fools Walk In, Where Wisemen Never Go". Then again there may be other Wisemen. On 4 Jan 2007 00:45:50 -0800, gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote: Not possible. You first need to install SQL Server, e.g. using a free download of the Express Edi...

Database connectivity with MS Access in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
Hi All, I am developing a intra-company website. I am working in MS Visual Studio .NET, and am writing the code in VBScript. I have an MS Access database with which i want to connect. Once the connection is established, i want to retreive a particular record and display one particular field of the record in a text box. Given below is the concerned code snippet (the default.aspx.vb file): Partial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Submit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit.Click Dim Conn Dim rsAddRequest Dim val Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" Conn.Open(Server.MapPath("requests.mdb")) rsAddRequest = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rsAddRequest.CursorType = 2 rsAddRequest.LockType = 3 rsAddRequest.Open("Select * from request where TrackingID='RR0004'", Conn) Name.Text = rsAddRequest.Fields("RequesterName").ToString() rsAddRequest.Close() rsAddRequest = Nothing Conn = Nothing End Sub End Class The database is requests.mdb; the table is request, the field to be displayed is RequesterName and the text boc is named Name. The code given above diplays "System.__ComObject" in the text box. And, if i remove the .ToString() part, then the error generat...

ADO Connection Open fails with error -2147467259 when MS Access database under Source Safe
Immediately after generating the Access application from the Source Safe project I get: "-2147467259 Could not use ''; file already in use." If Access database closed and then reopened I get: "-2147467259 The database has been place in a state by user 'Admin' on machine ..... that prevents it from being opened or locked." This error will then persist - even past a machine reboot and compact and repair of both application db (without source safe removal) and 'server' db. If I remove the Access application from Source Safe the ADO connection opens fine. (Might have to close database and reopen it to get it working the first time after eliminating source safe.) I do not appear to be short on memory. Am using: Access 2003 with sp1 Source Safe 6.0d Windows XP Professional with sp2 Database in Access 2002-2003 format Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library I have isolated error in test database with just one table and one form. Test1 fails under source safe while Test2 - which avoids use of the offending open command -works regardless of use of source safe. Any illumination on this would be appreciated. I have found the Source Safe & Access combination hard going but I do not want to loose source code control. This issue has undermined my confidence in these tools yet again. Many thanks. GM Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub cmdTest1_Click() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim cnn As ADODB.Conne...

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine. &nbsp; regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

Connection Parameters for Connecting directly to MS Access with SQL Toolkit
I tried to connect directly with the SQL Toolkit (Connect.vi) to a MS Access database. After reading the article 1LQ7KVUT (ID number), I set the connection parameters for Connect.vi as followed: "DRIVER=Microsoft Access-Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=E:\\Workspace\\Favorite\\database\\Impmessung-13-04-2004-2.mdb" Running the Connect.vi results in Error 2702 and I got the following error messages: "Connect - Number contains invalid character: dBase files - Word Number contains invalid character: dBase files - Word Number contains invalid character: dBase files - Word Number contains invalid...

Web resources about - AS400 connection again... - comp.databases.ms-access

Controversial Australian Cup protest could be costly for Awesome Rock's connections
Nothing arouses punters' feelings more than a controversial protest. Racing people still discuss with great vigour the Nausori-Big Philou Caulfield ...

2 men charged in connection of Girl Scout money theft
The suspects have been charged with robbery, safecracking and theft.

7 Minnesota Connections To The NCAA Tournament
The Gophers aren't a part of March Madness, but there are enough Minnesota connections to the Big Dance to keep local fans engaged in the action ...

84 indicted in connection with NYC, New England drug-gun ring
Bronx DA says four gangs formed "an alliance of evil" to peddle cocaine and heroin in New Hampshire and Massachusetts

Young people prefer an Internet connection to daylight
Technically Incorrect: A UK survey suggests that daylight isn't all that at least in young people's enlightened minds. Neither is hot water. ...

26-year-old man arrested in connection with Iditarod crashes
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of intentionally driving a snowmobile into teams of two mushers near the front of the Iditarod Trail ...

Other Sports: For first time, NFL acknowledges connection between football-related brain trauma, CTE ...
In what could be a watershed moment in the debate about the long-term effects of head injuries in the nation's most popular sport, the NFL's ...