ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.

Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time
without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use
laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers.
The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new
notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though
the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the
selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer
again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user
profile's default printer instead of the selected label printer. The
drivers for the label printers are in the user profile and this class
module functions fine on other systems. The form USYS_PRINTDLG is
contained in the current database. We use a specific printer in this
report page setup because the layout for the labels is so different
than for any other reports in the application. I've stepped through
the code and somewhere the UseDefaultPrinter variable is getting set
to true.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
0
tjacobi (1)

Accessing "Page Order" and "Print on Both Sides" properties in Printer Common Dialog box
Dear VB Experts, We are working in VB6 and also using FarPoint Spread control. While sending print from the application, printer common dialog box is first displayed allowing the user to define/set print properties. Is there a way through which we can access "Page Order" and "Print on Both Sides" properties of printer dialog box, like other properties e.g. Orientation, flags etc. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks & Regards, Faiz "Faiz" <its_faiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2d4fafba.0411180522.247737c4@posting.google.com... > De...

"Access is Denied" error when printing to a network printer
I have a server that has a bunch of printers that it connects to via IP. These printers are also shared so the other users can access the printers. Since yesterday, we have not been able to print to the printers and are getting an "Access is Denied" error when trying to print a test page. I have tried to print this test page locally from the server with the Administrator account. The only thing that has happened, was that someone had changed the domain Administrator password yesterday. I can not see why that would cause this problem though. Anyone have any experience o...

When using &quot;Print Report&quot; my default printer changes.
Hello, &nbsp; I have the need to print two different kinds of reports to two different printers depending on which report it is.&nbsp; I use the Office toolkit and wire the correct printer for the report using the "Print Report" tool.&nbsp; However, each time I do this, it changes the default printer in Windows to the printer wired.&nbsp; I don't want to change the default printer just send the report to the specified printer.&nbsp; Is there a work around? Hi The Q, a workaround could be to read first which&nbsp;the default printer is, then print your page with the printer you want and then reset the stored printer to default. The information which printer is the default printer can be read from the registry. &nbsp; Hope this helps. Mike ...

FIX: HP 4000/4050 "41.5 Printer Error", printer printing blanks
Hello everyone Just posting this in the hope of making it easier for someone else down the line - we have an HP LaserJet 4050 that suddenly started throwing a 41.5 Printer Error and printing blanks. The fix turned out to be very easy but if I hadn't figured it out it may have resulted in an expensive service call. My separation roller - the blue & grey roller in the paper tray - had moved out of place. I just pushed it back in place and it was fixed. Here's a page that has pictures of the separation and feed rollers on a 4000 series printer. The separation roller is part of the paper tray and is shown in the lower picture: http://www.printertechs.com/tech/mkinst/mk-4000-7feed.php Hope this helps someone. ...

!printers and "print title"
There's been some discussion on the StrongED mailing list about prints made from SE causing extra blank pages to appear on a printer. One of the problems seems to be that SE looks at the values in variable PDriver$TextPage to judge how many lines of print can be fitted onto a single page of output. Clearly in some cases it doesn't really matter how many are actually fitted on a page - lines 1-n of your file will arrive on bits of paper... But if you've laid out the data in the file according to how many lines SE says will be on each page, and the results are different that&...

tweaks to "save" and "print" dialogs?
Question... I want to do "print" (and possibly "save" as well) with some extra choices added to the standard print dialog. For example, the screen image is just a foreground and background color, and the typical color scheme has black background and orange foreground. So printing the colors as they are on the screen is usually not the right answer -- but it might be sometime. So I want to have a "print as is" and "print black on white" radiobuttons on the print dialog. Is there a straightforward way to do this? Can I derive a class from...

i want to buy a black and white printer in "2 to 5 thousand" range with "low per page printing cost" . Please suggest
i want to buy a black and white printer in "2 to 5 thousand" range with "low per page printing cost" . Please suggest In article <832b852e-d6d9-4cf0-a8fa-fcee04216f3d@googlegroups.com>, Ankur Garg <iankuras16@gmail.com> wrote: > i want to buy a black and white printer in "2 to 5 thousand" range with "low > per page printing cost" . Please suggest Brother. Nothing compares. ...

QUESTION: control over window size in "plot" or "print" (print to file)
Hi, I am using comtool to create dll-s which can be addressed as com objects from Visual Basic. The output from the dlls consists of figures produced by the "plot" function. The produced figures are stored in a certain file, using the "print" function. Now, the problem is that the plot windows are too small so some essential (dynamic) pieces of text, such as legends etc, are cut off both in the plot (which can be dealt with by changing the window size afterwards!) and in the stored file (which cannot be dealt with because the file is already stored). Now, my quest...

Print problems with "newer" Konica printers
We have a couple of Clients who have various Konica copier/printer devices. They appear to support LPR and port-9100 printing (the jobs are received), but the jobs are auto-deleted by the printer's controller and nothing lands on paper. This appears to be an issue with the printer requiring authentication, which the Windows print driver provides. Konica provides a UNIX utility called "kmpu" (Konica Minolta Print Utility) which likely works, but they don't have a port for SCO. These appear to be popular printers, so I'm hopeful that somebody has found a method to integrat...

Why does "while (<>) { $x .= $_; } print $x . "\n";" print all input lines?
Being familiar with other programming languages, I had assumed that only the very last input line would be printed by the code below. I was thinking that because the print statement is outside the 'while' loop. $x = ""; while (<>) { $x .= $_; } print $x . "\n"; Why does this code print all input lines? Thanks, Wolfgang while (<>) { $x .= $_; } print $x . "\n"; On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Wolfgang wrote: > Being familiar with other programming languages, I had assumed that > only the very last input line would be printed by the cod...

How to capture "cancel event" of a Printer dialog box
How do I capture a cancel event of Printer dialog box? Regards, Diego Diego wrote: > How do I capture a cancel event of Printer dialog box? That is not possible in Javascript. You could however write a programme and run it with the client's permission (e.g. ActiveX control, Java, etc.) -- Bart Bart Van der Donck wrote: > Diego wrote: >> How do I capture a cancel event of Printer dialog box? > > That is not possible in Javascript. True. Ex falso quodlibet; there is no "Javascript". > You could however write a programme and run it with the client's > permission (e.g. ActiveX control, Java, etc.) Arbitrary ActiveX/COM objects can be used through JScript in IE, too, but Active Scripting/ActiveX support may be disabled, or restricted too much. PointedEars Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote: > Bart Van der Donck wrote: > > > Diego wrote: > >> How do I capture a cancel event of Printer dialog box? > > > > That is not possible in Javascript. > > True. Ex falso quodlibet; there is no "Javascript". Usus est tyrannus. -- Bart Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 4/28/2006 11:42 AM: > Bart Van der Donck wrote: > >> Diego wrote: >>> How do I capture a cancel event of Printer dialog box? >> That is not possible in Javascript. > > True. Ex falso quodlibet; there is no "Javascript". Your ignorant pedant...

HP printer keeps printing "calibration page"!
I have an HP cp1160 printer, and after a recent session where I printed a number of test pages and calibration pages, the printer seems to be stuck in calibration page mode. Everytime I turn it on it prints a calibration page. After every print it prints another calibration page. I can't find a switch in the software that will shut this off. I went to the HP web site and downloaded the latest driver kit and installed it, but no change in the situation. Any suggestions for a way to fix this problem? John Look on HP's website re hardware reset, from memory you take all the data cables, cartridges and paper out, switch off at the mains for a few minutes then replace everything and power up. "jbclem" <jbclem@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:yy4Fb.12668$Pg1.2607@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > I have an HP cp1160 printer, and after a recent session where I printed a > number of test pages and calibration pages, the printer seems to be stuck in > calibration page mode. Everytime I turn it on it prints a calibration page. > After every print it prints another calibration page. I can't find a switch > in the software that will shut this off. I went to the HP web site and > downloaded the latest driver kit and installed it, but no change in the > situation. > > Any suggestions for a way to fix this problem? > > John > > ...

PDF for Printing Books Print-on-Demand: How to Discover "print quality"
Hello and thanks very much in advance, I've been preparing books for printing for print-on-demand. My question is: If I open a pdf file, how can I tell the "print-quality" of the file? I'm not sure I'm using the correct terms: I know that when creating a pdf, Acrobat offers various options, and some are better for printing books. What I want to do is use different PDF-making applications, create the PDF, and then discover what quality has been made. Thanks again ... RW "booklover" <robinwhitman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172329557.423364.23369...

Re: Printing to a "networked" printer using Windows 95 and 4.2c
> I have two computers networked together in a > a peer-to-peer > configuration, with a printer attached to each. I > can print to the > printer connected to the "other" computer from every > application > except Matlab. When this is attempted, it generates > a fatal exception > and terminates Matlab. As a work-around, I have been > copying the > Figure to the clipboard, and then use a graphics > program to print the > figure, but the resolution suffers. This problem > occurs whether I > select the "other" printer as default ...

How to print a file come from "print to file" ?
Hi, Many languages and software can "print to a file" , any way to open and print the 'print to file' file ? Best regards Shuming Wang In article <3ac60ec6.0311290302.731ee4d7@posting.google.com> Wangshuming@xtech.com.cn "Shuming Wang" writes: > Hi, > Many languages and software can "print to a file" , any way to open > and print the 'print to file' file ? run ("copy " + print_to_file_file + " PRN") Assuming the question is something to do with Clipper... Pete -- "We have not inhe...

Print w/o "Printed for" Footer
It's rare for me to print an email, but today it was necessary. I didn't want the resulting printed document to include the usual title/header and footer that Eudora adds. As anyone who prints from Eudora knows, the title/header repeats some information from the email headers and adds a page number and separator bar. The footer adds "Printed for...", also with a page number and separator bar. Usually I work around this by copying and pasting into TextEdit before printing, but today I was determined to figure out how to eliminate Eudora's printed title/he...

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

printing logical variables as "true" and "false"
I would like to print logical variables as "true" and "false" rather than just "T" and "F", which is what Fortran WRITE statements do. I can define functions that convert .true. and .false. to the strings "true" and "false", but is there some edit descriptor I have overlooked? <beliavsky@aol.com> wrote: > I would like to print logical variables as "true" and "false" rather > than just "T" and "F", which is what Fortran WRITE statements do. I can > define functions that convert .true. and .false. to the strings "true" > and "false", but is there some edit descriptor I have overlooked? Nope. I don't know of a language-provided shortcut for this. Your function is a pretty simple one to write, but I don't know a way to avoid it. -- Richard Maine | Good judgment comes from experience; email: my first.last at org.domain| experience comes from bad judgment. org: nasa, domain: gov | -- Mark Twain Richard E Maine wrote: > <beliavsky@aol.com> wrote: > > >>I would like to print logical variables as "true" and "false" rather >>than just "T" and "F", which is what Fortran WRITE statements do. I can >>define functions that convert .true. and .false. to the strings "true" >>and "false", but is there som...

"print" not showing immediately in output, but "puts" is
Several times I have come across this issue. It seems to be dependent on the environment, but I'll do a "print 'string'" and it wont show up UNTIL I do a "puts". Then both strings will show up in the output window in one shot. Do you know how I can fix it to work properly? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Oct 9, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Aryk Grosz wrote: > Several times I have come across this issue. It seems to be > dependent on > the environment, but I'll do a "print 'string'" and it wont show up > UNTIL I do a &qu...

Not being able to "Preview" in print dialog?
Greetings all, Something's got me a little puzzled. For the longest time, I've been able to "Save as PDF" and "Preview" documents from the print dialog. In the last week or two those options are no longer available to me, which is rather odd. I'm running Mac OS X 1.3.5 on a 2x2Ghz PowerMac G5. I have a Samsung ML-1710 laser printer with the appropriate drivers. The only thing that I've recently installed other than a few games (which have nothing to do with printing) is Virtual PC 7, but that shouldn't interfere with it...I think. Any advice wo...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

Web resources about - ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box. - comp.databases.ms-access