Automatic move to next Access tab page

I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format.

I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire.
I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages
(one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my
form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic
movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the
choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus
automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2).

I know about entering code as an event procedure. I assume that I need
to enter code on the Event tab for the List Box that contains the
Question 4 answer.

1.	For which Event do I enter the code (After Update, On Enter, On
Click)?

2.	What code should I enter?

3.	Can I use this same method for all of the moves from one page to
the next? (I know how to set a command to close the form. My plan is
to have a command button on the last page that says, "You may review
your answers by clicking on the tabs. When you are done, click on the
button to close the form.")

Thanks so much!Cathy

0
vyang69 (3)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:23:03 GMT, Vincent Yang wrote:

> I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format.
>
> I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire.
> I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages
> (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my
> form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic
> movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the
> choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus
> automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2).
>
> I know about entering code as an event procedure. I assume that I need
> to enter code on the Event tab for the List Box that contains the
> Question 4 answer.
>
> 1.	For which Event do I enter the code (After Update, On Enter, On
> Click)?
>
> 2.	What code should I enter?
>
> 3.	Can I use this same method for all of the moves from one page to
> the next? (I know how to set a command to close the form. My plan is
> to have a command button on the last page that says, "You may review
> your answers by clicking on the tabs. When you are done, click on the
> button to close the form.")
>
> Thanks so much!Cathy

First off, I use a program at my work that does something similar and it is
extremely annoying. Just because I have chosen something for that field,
does not necessarily mean I'm done with the tab or page.

If that is still what you want to do, you can move to a different tab by
using the SetFocus method of the tab page you want to move to. In the
AfterUpdate event of the last control on the page, use
Me!TabControlName.Pages("PageName").SetFocus
This is assuming there are no subforms to drill down through to get to the
tab control. This same line can be used each time it is needed. Just change
the page name to move to.

--
Mike Storr
veraccess.com

  I agree with Mike that automatically moving them could be confusing
and annoying to the user. How about only showing one question at a
time and providing a big [Next Question -->] button? (You could also
provide some other navigation buttons like "Previous", "First",
"Last", and "Jump" (which would give the user a list of the question
names to pick from).

  If you do go with tabs, I believe you can change the current page of
a tab by setting its value property, like so: Me.TabControl.Value =
Me.TabControl.Value + 1.

  If you don't use a tab control, you'll have to do some showing and
hiding of controls, which will be a bit of a headache to setup.
Whichever way you go, you may want to only populate the listboxes and
so forth for the controls that are currently visible so you don't run
into headaches with resources.

-Tom

Mike Storr <storrboy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<166p5wliqmp7d.5zu52fwnw5fb.dlg@40tude.net>...
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:23:03 GMT, Vincent Yang wrote:
>
> > I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format.
> >
> > I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire.
> > I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages
> > (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my
> > form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic
> > movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the
> > choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus
> > automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2).
> >
> > I know about entering code as an event procedure. I assume that I need
> > to enter code on the Event tab for the List Box that contains the
> > Question 4 answer.
> >
> > 1.	For which Event do I enter the code (After Update, On Enter, On
> > Click)?
> >
> > 2.	What code should I enter?
> >
> > 3.	Can I use this same method for all of the moves from one page to
> > the next? (I know how to set a command to close the form. My plan is
> > to have a command button on the last page that says, "You may review
> > your answers by clicking on the tabs. When you are done, click on the
> > button to close the form.")
> >
> > Thanks so much!Cathy
>
> First off, I use a program at my work that does something similar and it is
> extremely annoying. Just because I have chosen something for that field,
> does not necessarily mean I'm done with the tab or page.
>
> If that is still what you want to do, you can move to a different tab by
> using the SetFocus method of the tab page you want to move to. In the
> AfterUpdate event of the last control on the page, use
> Me!TabControlName.Pages("PageName").SetFocus
> This is assuming there are no subforms to drill down through to get to the
> tab control. This same line can be used each time it is needed. Just change
> the page name to move to.
0
tom73 (44)
1/27/2004 7:25:42 AM
Or use the event on exiting the last component if the user may not
have changed it's data.

Mike Storr <storrboy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<166p5wliqmp7d.5zu52fwnw5fb.dlg@40tude.net>...
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:23:03 GMT, Vincent Yang wrote:
>
> > I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format.
> >
> > I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire.
> > I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages
> > (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my
> > form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic
> > movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the
> > choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus
> > automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2).
> >
> > I know about entering code as an event procedure. I assume that I need
> > to enter code on the Event tab for the List Box that contains the
> > Question 4 answer.
> >
> > 1.	For which Event do I enter the code (After Update, On Enter, On
> > Click)?
> >
> > 2.	What code should I enter?
> >
> > 3.	Can I use this same method for all of the moves from one page to
> > the next? (I know how to set a command to close the form. My plan is
> > to have a command button on the last page that says, "You may review
> > your answers by clicking on the tabs. When you are done, click on the
> > button to close the form.")
> >
> > Thanks so much!Cathy
>
> First off, I use a program at my work that does something similar and it is
> extremely annoying. Just because I have chosen something for that field,
> does not necessarily mean I'm done with the tab or page.
>
> If that is still what you want to do, you can move to a different tab by
> using the SetFocus method of the tab page you want to move to. In the
> AfterUpdate event of the last control on the page, use
> Me!TabControlName.Pages("PageName").SetFocus
> This is assuming there are no subforms to drill down through to get to the
> tab control. This same line can be used each time it is needed. Just change
> the page name to move to.
0
ryanofford (188)
1/27/2004 9:08:40 AM
"Mike Storr" <storrboy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:23:03 GMT, Vincent Yang wrote:
>
> > I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format.
> >
> > I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire.
> > I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages
> > (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my
> > form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic
> > movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the
> > choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus
> > automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2).
> >
> > I know about entering code as an event procedure. I assume that I need
> > to enter code on the Event tab for the List Box that contains the
> > Question 4 answer.
> >
> > 1. For which Event do I enter the code (After Update, On Enter, On
> > Click)?[snip]

IMO the best way to do this is to place a TextBox as the last item in the
TabOrder on each page.  It is unbound and you make it so small and color it
so that it is effectively rendered invisible (but the visible property is
still true).

In this control's GotFocus event you have a line of code that sets focus to
the next desired control on the next desired TabPage.  The only way that
this TextBox will ever get focus is by exiting out of the last "real"
control on your page by using <Tab> or <Enter> which is when the user will
logically want to go to the next page.

Any other method and you run the risk of overriding the user's wishes.  If
they use their mouse or <Shift-Tab> to move to a different control your
code will kick in and take them someplace that they didn't want to go.
This would be confusing, irritating, and would not reflect well on the
developer of the application.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)

Automatic move to next Access tab page #2
I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format. I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire. I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2). I know about entering code as an event procedure. I assume that I need to enter code on the Event tab for the List Box that contains the Question 4 answer. 1. For which Event do I enter the code (After Update, On Enter, On Click)? 2. What code should I enter? 3. Can I use this same method for all of the moves from one page to the next? (I know how to set a command to close the form. My plan is to have a command button on the last page that says, "You may review your answers by clicking on the tabs. When you are done, click on the button to close the form.") Thanks so much!Vincent ...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz reply me with regards uttam On Mar 24, 5:06 am, kunu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i > need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two > sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the > same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables > on the data page in > tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one > table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in > tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be > dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. > plz reply me > with regards > uttam Use a form and subforms. ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Accessing Access

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters?
Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run*; - - - The log - - 1636 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ 1638 1639 data pedResultadd ; 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = --------------------------------------------- 211 ERROR 211-185: Invalid data set name. 1641 1642 testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text 1643 ); Jean Baptiste, --- Jean Baptiste KAMGANG, Lead Data Manager - CDC Cameroon US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Mutengene, SouthWest Province Cameroon, Africa E mail: JBKamgang@cm.cdc.gov. Tel: + 237 3 335 1690 Fax: + 237 3 335 1692 Cell: + 237 9 984 79 14 --- .. Ca...

Web resources about - Automatic move to next Access tab page - comp.databases.ms-access

Semi-automatic firearm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A semi-automatic , or self-loading firearm is a weapon which performs all steps necessary to prepare the weapon to fire again after firing—assuming ...

Flux-like automatic screen brightness app ‘FlexBright’ now available in the App Store
Despite earlier actions against similar apps , Apple has recently approved an app called FlexBright that adjusts the brightness and color temperature ...

Ohio attorney general rejects automatic voter registration petition on absurd technicality
... submitted a petition to Ohio attorney general Mike DeWine proposing an amendment to the Ohio Constitution that would have provided for automatic ...

Automakers accelerate on automatic braking for 2022
Filed under: Government/Legal , Chevrolet , Toyota , Safety We curate the week's events with a focus on automakers' plans to roll out automatic ...

Amazon Echo meets Automatic, attempts to make your car smarter
... is in your car. After all, the device is plugged in back at home, right? Not so fast, that's coming now also thanks to a partnership with Automatic. ...

Automatic braking to become standard by 2022: AP
Automatic braking to become standard by 2022: AP

Automakers agree to put automatic braking in cars by 2022
WASHINGTON (AP) — Automatic braking will be standard in most cars and light trucks within six years, and on heavier SUVs and pickup trucks within ...

All cars will have automatic braking in six years
... Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced today a commitment by 20 automakers to make automatic ...

Student Loan Companies Could Face Enforcement Actions Over Automatic Defaults
In recent years, countless private student loan borrowers have found themselves placed in automatic default – even if they were up-to-date on ...

Delta Electronics supplies automatic sun tracking solution to US-based SolarReserve
Delta Electronics has supplied an in-house-developed automatic sun tracking solution to SolarReserve, a US-based solar power generation developer, ...