Call Function On Main Form to Sub Form

I have a form (frmAppointment) with a subform on it
(frmAppointmentsub1).  I have placed a command button on the main form
which calls the function below from the module.  The purpose of this
function is to make fields beginning with YY invisble OnClick of the
command button on the main form.  It works for the fields on the main
form but not on the subform.  What do I need to add or do to make it
work on the subform?  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank You
TD

The command button on the main form event procedure is:

Private Sub cmdYY_Click()

    Dim I As Integer
    I = glrInvisbleFields(Me)

End Sub

The module function is:

Function glrInvisbleFields(F As Form)

    Dim I As Integer
    Dim C As Control
    Dim X As Variant

    For I = 0 To F.Count - 1
        Set C = F(I)

        If Left$(C.Name, 2) = "YY" Then
            C.Visible = False

        End If

    Next I

End Function
0
tdiowa (10)

this code may help (it assumes that the name of the subform does not start
with YY, I have not tested it, but it may work....

Any questions, please ask

Function glrInvisbleFields(F As Form)

    Dim I As Integer
    Dim C As Control
    Dim X As Variant
    Dim Fsub as form
    Dim Csub as control
   '----------------------------------------------------
    For each C in F
        If Left$(C.Name, 2) = "YY" Then
            C.Visible = False
        else
            Csub.visible = true
            If F.DefaultView = 0 Then 'single form
                If F.ActiveControl.ControlType = acSubform Then
                Set Fsub = Screen.ActiveForm.ActiveControl.Form

                    for each Csub in Fsub
                        if Left$(Csub.Name, 2) = "YY" Then
                            Csub.Visible = False
                        else
                            Csub.visible = true
                        end if
                    next Csub
                End If
            End If
        End If
    Next I
End Function

0
access (386)
6/13/2004 6:52:49 AM
Thanks for your response.  I have tried your suggeston and now get the
error message when compiling:

Compile Error
Invalid Next Control Variable Reference

With the Debuging Highlighting the: "Next I" portion of the code.

Suggestions

Thanks again for your response.
TD

tdiowa (10)
6/13/2004 1:21:19 PM
Tom, Change it to Next C

--
Reggie

----------
"Tom Dean" <tdiowa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response.  I have tried your suggeston and now get the
> error message when compiling:
>
> Compile Error
> Invalid Next Control Variable Reference
>
> With the Debuging Highlighting the: "Next I" portion of the code.
>
> Suggestions
>
> Thanks again for your response.
> TD

How to call a function located in a form module (form open in form view) from an Access Basic global module?
I would like to call a function stored in a form module in Access 2.0 from an Access 2.0 procedure in a global module. Function EmailTheOutletters () in module AppSpecific... .... 560 SSNtext = SelectRandomSSNtext(SSN) .... End Function SelectRandomSSNtext() is the procedure in the form module. I would use the syntax shown in line #560 if I were calling the function from within another procedure inside the form module. Do I have to reference it any differently if calling it from outside the form module? I don't think this is possible with Access 2.0 Solution: Put your function in a global module, and you can access it = from everywhere. --=20 Hope this helps Arno R "MLH" <CRCI@NorthState.net> schreef in bericht = news:53ch519mm1rhbojc8e8sav99t24v5roufm@4ax.com... >I would like to call a function stored in a form module > in Access 2.0 from an Access 2.0 procedure in a global > module. >=20 > Function EmailTheOutletters () in module AppSpecific... > ... > 560 SSNtext =3D SelectRandomSSNtext(SSN) > ... > End Function >=20 > SelectRandomSSNtext() is the procedure in the form module. > I would use the syntax shown in line #560 if I were calling the > function from within another procedure inside the form module. > Do I have to reference it any differently if calling it from outside > the form module? <snip> >I don't think this is possible with Access 2.0 >Solution: Put your function in a glo...

Query By Form Using Same Sub Form and Main Form
Having problems displaying query results from combo boxes on a sub form, which is on the same form that is used to select criteria. This has always worked form me when displaying query results on another main and sub form. The requery on the sub form and refresh comands on the main form do not work when the form is first displayed and when the selection criteria is changed. Should I be doing a refresh and then repaint of the sub form. > ' Creates saved query in the database container for the sub form Call BuildSql("") ' The following commented line correctly displays query results on a seperate sub form that has the results from the criteria selected on the form currently in use. 'Docmd.OpenForm "MainFormSeachResults ' The following two lines attempt to display the results on a sub form which is on the same form where the criteria is selected: Me.frmSubFormResults.Requery Me.Refresh < Hi Tom, I often use an unbound main form to collect criteria, then show the results in a datasheet-style subform. I create the SQL string using code, and then use that string as the Recordsource for the subform directly (no need to save it as as query in the the database container) As an added bonus, the subform refreshes automatically ... no need to "Refresh" or "Repaint" anything. Here's some sample code to illustrate: - lstFieldNames is a listbox containing field names ... which is one of the choices in the listbox&#...

Sub-forms of Sub-forms
I'm creating a data-entry form for 3 tables. There is a one-to-many relationship between table1 and table2 and a 2nd one-to-many between table2 and table3. What I would like to do is have the user select from a combo box on the main form a record from Table1. That would filter the subform on the main form to just the records from Table2 with the PK from Table1. I've got everything working fine up to this point, but am a bit confused on where to go next. I need a mechanism for the user to pick one of the records from Table2, and be presented with an entry for for all records in Table3 that have the selected PK from Table2. I've tried putting a 2nd subform on my main form, but am having trouble getting them to link together. Something else I tried, is putting a command button on each row of Table2's subform in continuous forms view to open up a seperate form for Table3. Try setting the Default view of the 2nd and 3rd subform to datasheet view. SY Greetings, Here is something I came up with that should do what you are asking: Do the Link Master/Child thing with the mainform and subform1. Subform1 will need to be in Datasheet view for this trick to work. The 2nd subform - which will also be placed on the mainform (and also needs to be in datasheet view) will have its recordsource be based on a query of the table for that subform (a query for table3). You will use a parameter in the criteria field of the query for the link field between table2 and...

focus from main form to sub form
Hi, I have a combobox who's values change the recordsource of the form. Within this form, there is a subform, whos records also need to change pending the value in the combobox. I am able to get the main forms values to change, but not the subform. I've only been using Access 97 for about a month now, so it might be fairly simple. Here is my code: Private Sub combo1_Change() If Me.combo1.Value = "Standard Procedures" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_stdProc" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Policy" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_policy" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Process Description" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_ProcDesc" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Program Description" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_ProgDesc" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Training Program" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_TrainProg" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Qualification" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_Qual" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Standard / Specification" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_StdSpec" End If ' Everything up to this point works fine. The problem starts below Me![frm_Type_sub].SetFocus If Me.combo1.Value = "Standard Procedures" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_stdProc_sub" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Policy" Then Me.RecordSource = "tb...

calling a form sub from another form
Hi All This might sound simple, but I'm stumped. In essence I have a 2 form app that connects to an SQL db and extracts info from it. This works fine. The problem is with my 2nd form. The 'run through' is that the user can select an inv no from a combo box on form1 and when they select one, I auto-extract info from a db relating to this inv no, concat the various data fields with 2 other text fields (contains footer info) that are on form 2 and present it in a large text box on form 1. This also works fine. The problem is that the user may be previewing the large text box da...

Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms etc programmatically? Michael On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote: >Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > >Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms >etc programmatically? > Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the Access window. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm - Jim Another way, with probably less control than the...

Forms question
Hi folks, I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and entered almost 3 years of data. We av...

Problem with Totals on Sub Forms and Main Forms
I have an access data project (MS-SQL Svr 2000 backend and MS-Access 2003 Front End) that has a sub-form based on a query view. On the sub form I have several column's in which I have a running total on the sub-form footer. This part works fine. My problem is that the main form, on which the sub-form resides, I want to display the total from the sub-form total calculation. I have tried referencing the control on the sub form, i.e. My.Somecontrol = Forms![formname].[controlname] but this does not work. How do you make this works. Do I have to do something different because this is an access project instead of an mdb? Thanks in advance for any help!! Mike m charney at dunlap hospital dot org Mike: The following KB article may be a good reference. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;209099 -- David Lloyd MCSD .NET http://LemingtonConsulting.com This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties. "Mike" <noway@forgetit.com> wrote in message news:kwO7f.3351$Kv.274@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... I have an access data project (MS-SQL Svr 2000 backend and MS-Access 2003 Front End) that has a sub-form based on a query view. On the sub form I have several column's in which I have a running total on the sub-form footer. This part works fine. My problem is that the main form, on which the sub-form resides, I want to display the total from the sub-form total calculation. I have tried refer...

Display recordcount of a sub form in a main form
Hi All, I am using A2 for this database. I have a main form with bound fields of FlightNumber and FlightDate I also have a subform. This subform takes details of a passanger along with other details. I also have a textbox called status in subform. When a passanger's details are entered, status value is set to "confirmed", when passanger calls in to reconfirm flight, status value changes to "Reconfirmed", and when passanger calls in to cancell his/hres flight, status value is set to "cancelled". Sometimes, status textbox may also have a value of "Wait...

calling a subform from another form(not main form)
Hi, I have a MainForm and a SubForm. I also have a popup form that is opened by a button click on the subform. On that form I want to set the main form and subform. to set mainform you do this: dim f as form f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks sorry I had a type up there...the code should be to set mainform you do this: dim f as form set f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform set sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks ...

Form
I have a table TBL_NAMES : IDNAME , Name_person , ETC..... (15 different labels) I have a second table TBL_POINTS : IDPOINTS , LINKNAME_PERSON , POINTS_ALGEBRA , POINTS_GYM , etc.... (25 courses) I have made a form where all the names are listed and when i click on a name another form is opened with that persons name on top and a number of labels and textboxes where i put those points in. So far no problem. BUT... i want one record per person. So the next time i click on his name i would like to see those points and be able to change them but i must not be able to create a new record. T...

Limit Sub Form records based on Main Form
I have an option group called Issue_Type on my main form F1_Member_Demographics_Main. When I select one of the 3 options on the main form from the option group Issue_Type I want to limit the sub form F2_Member_Issues records based on the combo box Issue_Code_T1. Option Group Issue_Type on main form: 1=Complaint 2=Grievance 3=Appeal Combo Box on sub form: 1=Complaint 2=Grievance 3=Appeal So if I select Complaint from the option group on the main form I only want to see Complaints on the sub form etc. Thanks in Advance Gary BEETHOVEN wrote: > I have an option group called Issue_Type on my main form > F1_Member_Demographics_Main. When I select one of the 3 options on the > main form from the option group Issue_Type I want to limit the sub > form F2_Member_Issues records based on the combo box Issue_Code_T1. > > Option Group Issue_Type on main form: > 1=Complaint > 2=Grievance > 3=Appeal > > Combo Box on sub form: > 1=Complaint > 2=Grievance > 3=Appeal > > So if I select Complaint from the option group on the main form I only > want to see Complaints on the sub form etc. > > Thanks in Advance > Gary Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form.Filter = _ "Issue_Type = " & Me.Issue_Type Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form.Filter = True Salad wrote: > BEETHOVEN wrote: > >> I have an option group called Issue_Type on my main form >> F1_Member_Demographics_Main. When I select one of the 3...

Mulitple Main Forms Created by Sub Form Entries
Hi I'm hoping this is a problem just because I'm a beginner at Access, and so someone can help I have created a database of companies, with a subform for contacts. (seperate tables) It worked perfectly until I got more than one contact for a company! If I add a 2nd contact to the subform, when I go back into the database, Ive got 2 records of the main form for the company, with the subform, showing. Its not adding a second record to the company table, that just says I have 2 contacts attached, which is what I want. How do I stop the record, when I view the form , duplicating its...

repost calling a subform from another form(not main form)
Hi, I have a MainForm and a SubForm. I also have a popup form that is opened by a button click on the subform. On that form I want to set the main form and subform. to set mainform you do this: dim f as form set f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform set sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks set sf = forms!MainForm.Subform.form If your form name is not a variable It's also faster to refer to the objects explicitly e.g. forms!Myform as opposed to forms("Myform") HTH Pachydermitis I have to use Forms("string") since the subform declaration is a string... Is there anyway I can do what you wrote above "set sf = forms!MainForm.Subform.form" with useing the forms() function...? You should read Keri Hardwick's article about referring to subforms and subform controls etc on access web. www.mvps.org/access - go to Search, type in "Hardwick" and there should only be a handful of articles. You can't miss it. set sf = forms!MainForm.controls("Subform").form HTH Pachydermitis ...

How can I call up a form based on a field value in my main form?
I have a database about services and installations as well as warranty and services for a company I run. The main form is the customer info form. On this I record names, address and phone numbers. The first field, though, is an autonumber field I use as customer ID. This is the main identifier so that I can have 2 John Smith's. I have forms for warranty, service, quotes,referrals etc, all are called up by using a command button for that form. Each of these forms also have the Customer ID field, formatted as number but not autonumbering. If I press he command button for warranty, I get the warranty form, but not for that customer. How can I make sure that when I press the command button for the form, it goes to the right Customer ID number? Also, if there is no warranty record for that customer yet, I need to be able to open a blank warranty form. TIA Floyd jquest wrote: > I have a database about services and installations as well as > warranty and services for a company I run. > The main form is the customer info form. On this I record names, > address and phone numbers. The first field, though, is an autonumber > field I use as customer ID. This is the main identifier so that I can > have 2 John Smith's. I have forms for warranty, service, > quotes,referrals etc, all are called up by using a command button for > that form. Each of these forms also have the Customer ID field, > formatted as number but not autonumbering. > If I press ...

Main Form / Sub Form search issues with combo boxes
Hello- I have a main form "Customers", with two sub forms "Items" & "Transactions"= .. The forms are all linked through the key fields of ShipDate & AccountNum. T= ransactions form is linked to Customers, and Items is linked to Transaction= s. The account number combo box in the header of the Customer form functions f= ine. I have combo boxes on the headers of the subforms that work when used = on the subform alone, but when used as a part of the Customers form, they w= ill not work correctly. The Transactions subform has an Invoice # combo box= , and the Items subform has a Sequence # combo box. I cant get the records in all 3 forms to display the intended record when u= sing the subform search boxes. The VBA for the controls is shown below. Customer Form (Main) Private Sub cboFindAccount_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs =3D Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[AccountNum] =3D " & Str(Me![cboFindAccount]) Me.Bookmark =3D rs.Bookmark End Sub For the Transaction subform Private Sub cboFindInvoice_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs =3D Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[InvoiceNum] =3D " & Str(Me![cboFindInvoice]) Me.Bookmark =3D rs.Bookmark End Sub For the Items subform Private Sub cboFindSequence_AfterUpdate() ' Fi...

Call Subform Function From Main Form
I have a form (frmAppointment) with a subform on it (frmAppointmentsub1). I have placed a command button on the main form which calls the function below from the module. The purpose of this function is to make fields beginning with YY invisble OnClick of the command button on the main form. It works for the fields on the main form but not on the subform. What do I need to add or do to make it work on the subform? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank You TD The command button on the main form event procedure is: Private Sub cmdYY_Click() Dim I As Integer I = glrInvisbleFields(Me) End Sub The module function is: Function glrInvisbleFields(F As Form) Dim I As Integer Dim C As Control Dim X As Variant For I = 0 To F.Count - 1 Set C = F(I) If Left$(C.Name, 2) = "YY" Then C.Visible = False End If Next I End Function If the subform control on the main form is named sbfF, then you could add: I = glrInvisible(Me.sbF.Form) There's no code in what you show that addresses the Form embedded in the Subform control. It can be addressed as "Me" only from its own Form's class module, not from the main form. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "TDIOwa" <tdiowa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f0a87cb7.0406121444.7248341b@posting.google.com... > I have a form (frmAppointment) with a subform on it > (frmAppointmentsub1)....

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Calling a subform function from a main form
How can i call a subform function from a mainform ? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com "vindude69" <member39791@dbforums.com> wrote in message news:3375582.1063719974@dbforums.com... > > How can i call a subform function from a mainform ? Assuming the Function is not declared as private: x = Me.NameOfSubFormControl.Form.MyFunction ...

Forms and Form
Hi everyone ! 1) An example from help: "Each Form object has a Controls collection, which contains all controls on the form. You can refer to a control on a form either by implicitly or explicitly referring to the Controls collection. Your code will be faster if you refer to the Controls collection implicitly. The following examples show two of the ways you might refer to a control named NewData on the form called OrderForm: ' Implicit reference. Forms!OrderForm!NewData ' Explicit reference. Forms!OrderForm.Controls!NewData The next two examples show how you might refer to a ...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to enter data, no matter how you set up the Access form. On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:35:09 GMT, Oscar N. Goyee <dianafather@aim.com> wrote: It's poor newsgroup practice to ask for email responses. Unlike what Steve said, you can create a form that lives outside of the Access main window: make it a popup. There is also nifty code out there (google for it), that puts the Access main window behind that popup, and moves it with it when it moves. To the end user it appears you have a single-form application. -Tom. >Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make >it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to >my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a >standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is >dianafather@aim.com. > > > >*** Sent via Developersdex http://ww...

Accessing data from one form from main form in Visual Basic 6
How do I extract data from a form into the main form for processing? For instance, I have several image files in a form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and I want to import these into a variable array in my main form, main (form1.frm). How do I code a control to get these images into an array in my main form from the images.frm? TIA JC wrote: > How do I extract data from a form into the main form for > processing? For instance, I have several image files in a > form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and > I want to import these into a variable...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

Web resources about - Call Function On Main Form to Sub Form - comp.databases.ms-access

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Eating chocolate 'improves brain function' - study
... news for those with a sweet tooth - a recent study has found that regular chocolate consumption is associated with better cognitive function. ...

Using Functions to Make Better Abstractions
... (code that is tightly coupled to its own implementation details). I was wrong. I was wrong because I had an incomplete understanding of functions. ...

Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers ...
Al-Bawaba Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers run network ... Al-Bawaba ...

Google Maps for iOS adds detour function, 3D touch support
Google has extended its pit-stop feature the ability to find places to stop off on journeys to iPhone and iPad users with the release of Google ...

LVMH's Hublot May Be Next Brand for Smart Functions, Biver Says
Hublot will probably be the next LVMH watch brand to add smart functions, following TAG Heuer’s footsteps in combining Swiss craftsmanship and ...

Yahoo Begins Grim Job of Closing Functions, Laying Off Staff
Yahoo Food is closing, and other digital magazines on tech, travel and beauty are also scheduled for closing or major cutbacks.

Compliance Risk Study Shows Compliance Function Needs New Initiatives to Protect Its Hard-Won Gains
Financial institutions’ compliance functions have come a long way, but they still have some distance to travel before they reach the right strategic ...

A 3D Printed Jet Engine Appears to Function
... jet engine . You may remember seeing a 3D printed jet engine grace our front page back in October. That one was beautiful didn’t function . ...

‘World Of Warcraft’ Alpha Removes Gold From Garrison Missions, Water Striders No Longer Function Everywhere ...
... build deploying soon to the alpha server, garrison missions no longer reward gold and the water-walking Water Strider mounts no longer function ...