Can Shrink - Access 2000 vs. Access 2003

I have an Access 2000 database with 4 memo fields in it named memo1
memo2 memo3 and memo4. Some fields have data in them and some don't. If
I create a report and put the 4 fields (with no labels) in the detail
section, keeping their height tall enough for one line of text and
placing memo1 at the top of the section and memo2 directly underneath
memo1 and memo3 directly under memo2 and memo4 directly under memo3,
and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' properties both equal to 'Yes'
for the 4 controls, and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' properties
of the Detail section equal to 'Yes' - I get what I expect - text with
no blank lines.

If I open the file in Access 2003, the report still looks fine.

My problem is that if I go through the same procedure of creating a
report with the same database while in Access 2003, I get blank lines
and I can't figure out what to change so that I don't get the blank
lines. If I compare the properties of the report created in Access 2000
to the report created in Access 2003, they look the same to me.
Any insights?

Thanks!

Ann

0
alavigna (1)

compiling wxWidgets, MS VC 2003 .Net versus MS VS 2005
Hi, it looks to me that compiling wxWidgets with MS VS 2005 leads to additional informations in the libraries that lead to problems when i link them with my code (everything recompiled). I just compiled wxWidgets-2.8.4 on one PC with MS VS 2005 and on another PC with MS VC 2003 .NET. When linking my code with the wxWidgets libraries that were compiled with MS VS 2005 i get heaps of version warnings and finally a missing reference to CxxFrameHandler3. When i compile wxWidgets with MS VC 2003 .NET everything works fine. Did i chose wrong options? Are there known problems...

querydefs in 2000 vs 2003
I am using Access 2000, but my manual is for Access 2003. In 2003 you can declare databases and querydefs as follows: dim qdf as QueryDef dim dbs as Database but this doesn't seem to work in 2000. At least, I couldn't make it work. I managed to create a new querydef, though, using the following code: Set querydef = CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef(qdefName, strSQL) Question 1: is there a way to get the database name and store it as a variable, so that the code would read: dim dbs as Database Set querydef = dbs.CreateQueryDef(qdefName, strSQL) Question 2: If I create an alternate SQL string, what is the code to identify the appropriate queryDef and replace the SQL string with the alternate. Again, the 2003 example I have has me declare the querydef name as a variable, and then use it in the code: dim qdf as QueryDef qdf.SQL = strAlternateSQL I had declared a string variable as qDefName giving the name of the query qDefName.SQL = strAlternateSQL but I get back the error "Invalid qualifier". So if I have an existing query, how do I work with it as a queryDef in 2000? From your code window in Access 2000, choose References on the Tools menu. Check the box beside: Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library The code will then work. In their wisdom, Microsoft decided to leave out the DAO library reference when you create a new database in Access 2002 or 2000. Fortunately, it's back in 2003 as it was in all previous versions. More on solveing problems with ref...

MS 2000 Secured Database
Hi. I have created a secured database which lots of my colleagues use. However when I want to make changes I can't because invariably there is somebody using it. Is there a way of either kicking everybody out or finding out who is using it, so I can go and beat them up so they get out. cheers Stephen Stephen, Your database should be split into a front end and a back end. The back end will have just the tables, the front end will have everything else, and will be linked to the tables in the back end. Each user will have a copy of the FE on his or her computer. When you make changes, make them in another copy of the FE. There are a lot of ways to distribute new versions of the FE, but the one I've used most is to write a batch file that checks to see if the user has the newest version and if not, copies it over from the file server to their computer and then starts the database. You can see a write-up of how I do this on my website at http://www.abcdataworks.com in the developers' section. Jeremy -- Jeremy Wallace Fund for the City of New York http://metrix.fcny.org Cheers Jeremy I will have a look at your site and have a play Stephen Total agreement about the splitting (I use a log-in db app to check for a new version / download and log users in... not too hot with the aule batches, me), but for a more immediate solution, take a look at the lock file - this is a file placed in the directory that the database is in, with the same name as the database b...

How can i find words from database?if the database is so big?it can reduce the speed?
Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed - Compact the Database - Create proper Indexes - Make sure the database is Normalized Again, You need to post what Database you are using... -- Chris Hanscom MVP (Visual Basic) http://www.veign.com -- "mit" <mbzala@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b7fd448.0406132308.681b6861@posting.google.com... > Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed ...

MS SQL Express Advanced vs MS SQL full version vs MySQL
I'm planning to transport a desktop application to the web. A spin-off of this application has already been put on the web by another programmer. He used ColdFusion with MS SQL, Access, VC, and Java. It is faster than the desktop application (written in VFP). 1. Can I get the same results using MS SQL Express Advanced and Access for the internet version if used with .net? 2. Are the select statements limited in power, accuracy, size, etc. for MS SQL Express Advanced when compared to SQL? 3. If Access will perform poorly, can VFP be used instead with .net? I already know it can't be used with ColdFusion. 4. If MS Express Advanced will not sufficiently replace SQL, will MySQL do the job better? Thanks On Jul 22, 5:31 pm, <wipeou...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm planning to transport a desktop application to the web. A spin-off of > this application has already been put on the web by another programmer. He > used ColdFusion with MS SQL, Access, VC, and Java. It is faster than the > desktop application (written in VFP). > 1. Can I get the same results using MS SQL Express Advanced and Access for > the internet version if used with .net? > 2. Are the select statements limited in power, accuracy, size, etc. for MS > SQL Express Advanced when compared to SQL? > 3. If Access will perform poorly, can VFP be used instead with .net? I > already know it can't be used with ColdFusion. 4. If MS Express Advanced > will not suffic...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

Can not open reports in MS Acess 2003
Greetings: I have a converted Access 2000 database that got replaced not converted to a Access 2003 Database file. Now the reports in Access 2003 Database will not open. I tried removing Access 2003 and then loading Access 2000. In Access 2000 it allows me to open the reports but it will not allow me to create a new report. I have tried the following repair and compact, created a new db and imported all structures and data. But, I'm still having the same problems with the reports. Is there any thing I can do to get the reports to work in Access 00 or 03. Ken Had you assigned a specific printer to the report(s) in the previous Access version? If so, select the report(s), one at a time, in the database window (select only, don't try to open). Next, go to File|Page Setup and on the Page tab select Default Printer or a printer that exists on that computer. If there is no printer installed on that computer, install one, even just the Microsoft Generic Text driver, just so that there is one. -- Wayne Morgan MS Access MVP <eel3720@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1107183390.236170.315820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Greetings: > > I have a converted Access 2000 database that got replaced not converted > to a Access 2003 Database file. Now the reports in Access 2003 > Database will not open. > > I tried removing Access 2003 and then loading Access 2000. In Access > 2000 it allows me to open the reports but it will not a...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Can app written in 2003 be converted to 2000?
I've written an app in A2003 only to find out that some customers are presently using A2000. Rather than place a runtime on their computer, it would be more convenient to convert appt to A2000 if possible. I know how to convert the file format, but when running an A2000 instance, if receive "recordset not updateable". Is this possible? Lar Suggestions 1. Split the database Whenever you have have multiple users accessing the database, you need to give each one a separate front end, with linked tables to the shared data. If that is a new concept, see: Split your MDB file into data and application at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html 2. Decompile Each version of Access uses a different binary for the compiled code. You can avoid some of these problems by decompiling before you give the front end to users with a previous version. Decompile a copy of the database by entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then open it in Access 2000, open a code window, and choose Compile from the Debug menu. 3. Service packs This particular error can occur because the A2000 users are not up to date with their Office or JET service packs: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/sp http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

MS Sql 2000 vs. Pervasive SQL
I am using Maximizer Enterprise 8.0 as my companies CRM solution. Currently we are using the included Pervasive SQL that shipps with the product. Is there someone out that who could tell me if there are any performance benefits to switching the Pervasive Engine with a Microsoft SQL engine. Regards Jesus Chuy wrote: > I am using Maximizer Enterprise 8.0 as my companies CRM solution. Currently > we are using the included Pervasive SQL that shipps with the product. Is > there someone out that who could tell me if there are any performance > benefits to switching the P...

'best' control network? Devicenet vs Lonworks vs CAN vs Fieldbus vs Ethernet ???
no doubt this is a FAQ oft beat to death, but, assuming one wanted to control a network of about 10 i/o modules each with maybe 100 i/o digital/analog points, at maybe a 100Hz maximum rate (e.g. an automatic industrial processing machine of some kind) .... which control network would be, ahem, for lack of a better word, 'best'? (i.e. in terms of price/node, support, ease of development, availability of second-sources, availability of developers etc.?) Personally, being somewhat naive and ignorant of the field, I would go for ethernet, for sheer availability of tools and peripher...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

ADO vs. ADO.NET vs. Database Toolkit vs. LabSQL
Gang, &nbsp; I am working through some initial design issues with database access in LabVIEW.&nbsp; I have found and messed with ADO.NET, the NI Database Toolkit (which uses ActiveX Data Object - ADO), and the LabSQL vi's (also ADO) provided by Chris Roth and Jeffrey Travis (<a href="http://jeffreytravis.com/lost/labsql.html" target="_blank">http://jeffreytravis.com/lost/labsql.html</a>).&nbsp; I am looking for any advice on selection or use of database access tools. &nbsp; I am accessing databases hosted on SQL server 2000.&nbsp; (LV8.5.1, XP, Vista, Windows) &nbsp; My initial run with ADO.NET seems to be functional but very s..l.....o..w.&nbsp; I am using the system.data.sqlclient namespace.&nbsp; The basic code goes like this: - Create and open SqlConnection - Create SqlCommand - ExecuteReader - Use Read() method to traverse the SqlDataReader record-by-record - Extract each field value in the data set. My code appears in ADONET.png.&nbsp; (I have left out some of the garbage collection stuff - cleanup).&nbsp; When this code runs, it takes about 14-sec to compile the string array.&nbsp; When I execute similar code using the Database Toolkit, it takes about 2 seconds, and with LabSQL, it takes less than a second. I would like to continue to work with .NET in LabVIEW, but is seems that the interop between LV and .NET is clunky and slow.&nbsp; The lack of automatic garbage collection and...

2003 Database can be opened with default system.mdw
After creating a new dtabase and system.mdw permissions and security can be bypassed by opening the database with the default system.mdw for access 2003. This was not true with access 2000. Any thoughts DaveB wrote: > After creating a new dtabase and system.mdw permissions and security > can be bypassed by opening the database with the default system.mdw > for access 2003. This was not true with access 2000. > Any thoughts It has always been true when you apply security incorrectly. ANY time you can open a file without being asked to login you are doing so as the user "Admin" as a member of the group "Users". Neither of these entities should have any permissions so this should prevent the file from opening. Your file must be granting permission to one or both of these or else "Admin" still has some ownerships. This last is usually the detail that is missed. Owners have permissions above and beyond those that you assign to them. -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Once again this was not a problem in Access 2000. With 2003 no matter what you do to users groups and permissions with a newly created MDW file those changes are thrown out the window when you open the file with the default MDW file. The user admin now has controll over the entire application unless youe set a password for the code or set a password for the database. ...

Moving from Eudora 5/6 to MS Outlook 2000/2003
I have a few co-workers that are using Eudora 5.2 and Eudora 6.0.1 everyone else is using Outlook Express / Outlook 2000 when i try to convert their accounts to use Microsoft Outlook ... the entire import process goes well except for the messages in the Outbox (Sent Items) ... Outlook seems not to maintain the date that such messages were sent. it leaves such field blank. Does anyone have a solution? Any additional information provided will be of help and appreciated. Sincerely, Vladimir Petrovich Director of Operations WebStream Internet Solutions vpetrovich@webstream.net http://www.webstream.net Vladimir <vpetrovich@webstream.net> wrote: > I have a few co-workers that are using Eudora 5.2 and Eudora 6.0.1 > everyone else is using Outlook Express / Outlook 2000 > when i try to convert their accounts to use Microsoft Outlook ... the > entire import process goes well except for the messages in the Outbox > (Sent Items) ... Outlook seems not to maintain the date that such > messages were sent. it leaves such field blank. > Does anyone have a solution? Any additional information provided will > be of help and appreciated. You'd be better off asking this question in an MS Outlook group. Eudora and Outlook store the dates of sent messages in different ways. If there's a solution, people who use Outlook are more likely to know it than people who use Eudora. Most of us wouldn't want to do what ...

Bloated database wont shrink after backup/restore SQL 2000
Help, I have a database that has a data file of 2GB and a log file of 31GB. In enterprise manager, when I choose shrink it says there is 30GB of unused space. When I shrink the database, it does not shrink, (however it says it has completed). I've done a complete backup, tried shrink again, no dice. I then backed up the database (which the backup was 1.9GB), deleted the database and made a new database with 2,048MB for the data and same for the log file. When I restore, the log file jumps up to 31GB again. When I check the space when I use the shrink, it again says I have 30GB of unused ...

MS Office 2003 vs. DNSpeaking Preferred 8.0 ???
I am an old DNS user from the mid-90's versions (even had vs 1.0!!!). Got rid of vs. 4.0 due to computer problems; made my computer slow; i could type faster than it could print and too many errors to correct. I am hoping that software & technology has caught up to the speed of speech. I am now "contemplating" on giving voice recognition a try again because I want to write a couple books and my brain's talking faster than my fingers. (1) Has anyone used both and found the engine that came w/O-2003 to work just as well as DNS preferred 8.0? or should i spend the $$ and ...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

Installing MS sql server 2000 on win 2003 server
How do I do this when my instalation cd is an old veriosn with no SP�s? Win 2003 requires MS SQL 2000 SP3 sp what do I do??? Regards Anders > When you get the prompt saying that it must be SP3 you can continue to the > end of the installation as per normal. You should then install SP3 > immediately before you do anything else. SP3a can be download from the > microsoft web site. Actually not. It says: Ms SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Ediditon server componenet is not supportet on this operating system. Only client componentes will be avaible for instalation. I juts read that bef...

Can't edit anything once i upgraded to 2003 from 2000
I have a small database that I use for some data tracking/record keeping. I was able to edit everything in MS Access 2000. Once i upgraded to 2003, i can't edit anything now. The database opens in 2000 file format. I've tried to convert it to 2003, still no change. Also i've ensured i'm still the admin/owner of the db. Every field i try to edit, it just makes a stop/beep sound. There's no security set on the db. Any ideas of what to try next??? If it is a small DB then create a new Access2003 DB. Add a table and see if you can enter/edit data in the table in that new db. If yes then import the tables/forms/... from the old DB to the new one. If you still cant manipulate data in the table in the new DB in Access2003, you may have to contact microsoft and ask them what the problem is. Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Slightly OT: Size of Oracle vs MS SQL database tables
I'm working at a place where we're moving from an Oracle 10g environment to a mixed Oracle/MS SQL Server 2005 environment. (Main reason is cost; the Oracle software bid was five times the MS bid). We've moved one database over to MS SQL Server 2005 and have discovered that all of our data tables more than double in size under MS SQL Server 2005. The net effect is to more than double the amount of disk space required to implement the same database. A search of various sources of MS information haven't turned up a magic switch to reduce the size of these tables. Any pointer to some information about this difference, expecially if there's something obvious that we're missing, would be greatly appreciated. Mike Squires On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:53:06 -0500, Michael L. Squires wrote: > A search of various sources of MS information haven't turned up a magic > switch to reduce the size of these tables. Size doesn't matter, it's the magic in the wand. MySQL doesn't have that either. It seems that your company is saving money not only on the RDBMS software but also on the DBA personnel. Let me know how it goes. -- http://www.mladen-gogala.com On Apr 12, 8:53 am, m...@familysquires.net (Michael L. Squires) wrote: > I'm working at a place where we're moving from an Oracle 10g environment to > a mixed Oracle/MS SQL Server 2005 environment. (Main reason is cost; the > Oracle software bid was five times the MS bid). &...

Finally, you can afford software by Adobe, Windows MS 2003 & Microsoft

One Database vs. Multiple Databases
I need to design a system which represents multiple "projects" in SQL Server. Each project has the same data model, but is independent of all others. My inclination is to use one database to store all projects. Looking at the numbers involved, however, I wonder if I would get better performance by storing each project in its own database. Suppose I have 50 projects, each with two users and 10,000 rows; it seems to me I'd rather have 50 x 2 users working in a table with 10,000 rows than 1 x 100 users working in a table with 500,000 rows. On the other hand, the single database ap...

Database Lock vs Database Freeze
Hi ALL I have come across two terms �Database Lock� and �Database Freeze�. I am not sure how does these two terms differ in their meaning. I will appreciate if anybody helps me out. Thanks in advance. Regards Madan Gopal Kundu Biostatistician I, i3statprobe Tel(O): +91 (0) 124 3094 022, Mobile: +919868788406 --------------------------------- Check out what you're missing if you're not on Yahoo! Messenger I never heared of a "database freeze", but it sounds like something like a error situation. Means, that you cannot work with a database while it is busy (?), might also be a continuing error situation. Lock means, that someone or something (might be a application, e.g. a backup routine) has allocated the database exclusively for a while. A situation which could be "normal" and ends, when the specific action is finished. So my interpretation is: if there is a lock, you should wait for the lock to end and you can continue, if a database "freezes", you should look for the reasons for that or ask for support, if the situation does not change. Gerhard On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:00:48 +0100, Madan Kundu <madan4331@YAHOO.CO.IN> wrote: >Hi ALL > > I have come across two terms ?Database Lock? and ?Database Freeze?. I am not sure how does these two terms differ in their meaning. I will appreciate if anybody helps me out. > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards > > Madan Gopal Kundu > Biostatist...

Web resources about - Can Shrink - Access 2000 vs. Access 2003 - comp.databases.ms-access

Apple iPhone SE live stream: How to watch the March 21 keynote
Apple is hosting an event later today at which it's likely a brand new iPhone – the iPhone SE – will be revealed. And as if a new iPhone isn't ...

John Oliver Absolutely Destroys Donald Trump With Deep Dive on Border Wall
Former Daily Show fill-in host John Oliver has, since being given his own HBO show, developed his own trademark way of imbuing Last Week Tonight ...

Turkey hunts three more would-be bombers after Istanbul attack: newspapers
Reuters Turkey hunts three more would-be bombers after Istanbul attack: newspapers Reuters ISTANBUL Turkish newspapers carried front-page ...

Captured Paris attack suspect 'worth weight in gold' to police: lawyer
Reuters Captured Paris attack suspect 'worth weight in gold' to police: lawyer Reuters BRUSSELS The only suspected participant in Nov. 13 ...

Full Episode: GMA 03/20/16: HS Students Survive Devastating Bus Crash in Indiana
Paris Terror Suspect Admits Pulling Out of Suicide Bombing; Spring Cleaning Offers Opportunity to Start Fresh

Watch a Guy Discover How Human Flesh Would Taste Using a Biopsy From His Leg
Ever wondered how tasty you are? In this video, Greg Foot has a biopsy of muscle taken from his leg in order to discover what it tastes like. ...

Victoria Azarenka and the WTA Head Winners and Losers at Indian Wells 2016
Bleacher Report Victoria Azarenka and the WTA Head Winners and Losers at Indian Wells 2016 Bleacher Report Indian Wells is one of the greatest ...

Seoul: North Korea fires 5 short-range projectiles
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea fired five short-range projectiles into the sea on Monday, Seoul officials said, in a continuation of weapon ...

Senate Republican leader: No lame-duck hearing of court pick
WASHINGTON (AP) — No Supreme Court hearings, no votes, not during regular business or a postelection lame-duck session, the Senate's majority ...

Amazon warning: Got a pre-2013 Kindle? You must update, or else!
Do you have an older Amazon Kindle? Beware that it may lose its connection to the cloud unless you update it today or tomorrow otherwise, you'll ...