Can't Open VB Editor and VB scrip won't run AFTER reopening database

I created a database, thought all was fine until I quit it and opened it
again. The VB wouldn't run, I couldn't open the editor from design view
of any form, and when I tried to open it through the menu, all I would
get is a corrupted window (no scroll up button, no way to access the
Project Explorer) containing just the one module I had, but I couldn't
get to the Class Objects.

I tried to compact and repair it, and decompile (that crashed Access).

I then made a copy, set the Has Module property for all forms to No,
imported everything into a new database, and wrote the code again (this
time I exported all the class objects and the module before quitting in
case I need them later). It was working fine until I quit it and opened
it up again.

Something else I tried (well I've tried all sorts of things) was to
import just the tables and queries into a new database, create new
forms, and copy and past the form objects on to them. I then copied and
pasted the script back into the Class Objects. I thought there might
have been something that was corrupted in one of the forms, and this was
a way to avoid it. No joy.

 From much playing, I've come to the conclusion (I think) that if I
import anything from this database into a new one, it will screw up the
new one in the same manner.

What's left to try? I'm not starting again so I'm prepared to give this
up, it was just a more improved version of an already existing database
I'm using personally - for me only, in my job.

Thanks in advance.
0
nospam48 (2784)

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Access opens to blank screen, won't open database
I am troubleshooting for a computer that just had 2003 installed and can not open files/DB >From a complete uninstall, reinstall: The files are reconized as access, and when you click on them, Access opens but to a empty workspace. The DB is on a shared drive and is accessable by other users that have noproblem with it. Any ideas? Have you tried holding down the shift key as the database opens? Or you can press F11 when the empty workspace appears. It's possible that the "Display database window" option is not checked, and for some reason the startup form is not opening. At least if you can get the database window back you'll be able to investigate why. Assuming that there is a startup form because you didn't tell us what the expected behaviour is. I tryed both of your ideas to no sucess. There is a startup form. This DB is from New Yorks' DOT and is downloaded from their site. I have used it on other workstations. The problem computer is updated, windows (2000) office, and AV, and becides this issue, has no other problems. Is it a problem to run Access 03 with Office 2000? I had exactly the same problem. The issue seems to be Access 2003 running with the Office suite 2000. The only way I've got round it at the moment is by using Access 2002 which runs ok. I'd be interested to know if you manage to solve it? "hamma_thrower" <hamma_thrower@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1118257134.274666.157110@f14...

I can't open my access database
All of a sudden, I am getting the following Microsoft Office Access popup when I try to open my database. "The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database. To convert or enable a database, ensure the following: *You must join the workgroup that defines the user accounts used to access the database. *Your user account must have Open/Run and Open Exclusive permissions for the database object. *Your user account must have Modify Design or Administer permission for all tables in the database, or it must be the owner of all tables in the database. *Your user account must have Read Design permission for all objects in the database. *Request that others close the database." I am on a single station (not part of a workgroup) that is w2k. I have administrator privileges. HELP Please. Thanks!!! nevermind, it is repaired now. "jennifer" <bry777@bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht news:L0EJh.14899$Wc.12899@bignews3.bellsouth.net... > nevermind, it is repaired now. > How? drt ...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but now when I try to run one of the compiled applications it says it can't find the labview 8.0 or compatible run-time engine....&nbsp; I tried to install the runtime engine, and I get an error message saying a higher version is already installed so it won't install.... when I go to control panel the runtime engine 7.0 and 7.1.1&nbsp; show up , but Runtime 8.0 or 8.0.1 do not....&nbsp;&nbsp; I installed runtime 8.2.1 to see if it would show up in the control panel 'add remove programs) and it does not ..... &nbsp; help! &nbsp; thanks Mike Mike, &nbsp; This knowledgebase may help you <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2</a> &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer ...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output to the terminal. I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse plugged into the Fuel. In an attempt to get this working I was playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed something that's caused my current situation. I set the following: console=d AutoBoot=No When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on! Usually the monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter Maintenance Mode. If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down immediately. The last thing I did in the PROM console was run ...

Access 2003 won't open databases
Has anyone come across a similar problem? A company I'm doing some database development work for has just installed 3 copies of MS Access 2003. Whenever I try to open my Access database (created using Access 2003) it just shows as a blank screen with no database structure. As a test, I created a new database with a dummy table (no data) and then closed Access. After opening Access again I opened the new database file with dummy table and same problem, just a blank screen. I've even tried importing data from my database into a new one but this also does not work. The database window screen just remains the same with no messages to say that the import was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance. Dawn Davis Andy Davis wrote: > Has anyone come across a similar problem? A company I'm doing some > database development work for has just installed 3 copies of MS > Access 2003. Whenever I try to open my Access database (created using > Access 2003) it just shows as a blank screen with no database > structure. As a test, I created a new database with a dummy table (no > data) and then closed Access. After opening Access again I opened the > new database file with dummy table and same problem, just a blank > screen. I've even tried importing data from my database into a new > one but this also does not work. The database window screen just > remains the same with no messages to say that the import was > unsuccessful. > Thanks in...

Can't open Access 2000 databases
Years ago I wrote a VB program that reads Access 97 databases just fine. I used the DATA control that shows in the controls window, which won't work for Access 2000. I have many versions of the database and I need to select which one at program execution time. A new version arrives every month. I want to just specify the database name at execution time and proceed. Can I still do this? How? Keith ...

2003 Access won't open ANY database
I just upgraded to Office 2003 and none of my .mdb files open! Double-clicking an mdb file opens Access, but the database never opens. No error messages. No hourglass This happens to any mdb file I try to open. Does anyone know what could this be caused by? thanks. crispy From which version? Have you tried opening an mdb from within Access 2003? Clive <crispy> wrote in message news:kk6j40ldr3qesk1ss5c5ohje3s63dv0gri@4ax.com... > I just upgraded to Office 2003 and none of my .mdb files open! > Double-clicking an mdb file opens Access, but the database never > opens. No error messages. No hourglass This happens to any mdb file I > try to open. > > Does anyone know what could this be caused by? > > thanks. crispy Had the same problem myself. Solved by creating a new blank database and then importing the Tables, Queries and Forms from the old database. Might work for you. Des.M On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:18:11 +1300, "CDB" <alpha@delete.wave.co.nz> wrote: >From which version? > >Have you tried opening an mdb from within Access 2003? > >Clive > ><crispy> wrote in message news:kk6j40ldr3qesk1ss5c5ohje3s63dv0gri@4ax.com... >> I just upgraded to Office 2003 and none of my .mdb files open! Snip > <crispy> wrote in message news:kk6j40ldr3qesk1ss5c5ohje3s63dv0gri@4ax.com... > I just upgraded to Office 2003 and none of my .mdb files open! > Double-clicking an mdb file opens Acces...

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

Servlet can't communicate with 'Database made using XML' !
Iam making an application in which the user logs in by entering username and password through a Servlet , Usernames and passwords are already stored in an XML document on the server , the Servlet has to just parse the XML document and verify the username and password iam using 'Apache Tomcat 4.1.12' and 'JAXP api for XML' processing THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHILE RUNNING THE SERVLET IT IS THROWING EXCEPTIONS(NULL POINTER EXCEPTION) THAT IT WAS UNABLE TO PARSE THE XML FILE ! IT ALSO GIVES 'http-ERROR 500' PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP>>>>>>>>> Abhishek Agrawal wrote: > Iam making an application in which the user logs in by entering > username and password through a Servlet , > > Usernames and passwords are already stored in an XML document on the > server , the Servlet has to just parse the XML document and verify the > username and password > > iam using 'Apache Tomcat 4.1.12' and 'JAXP api for XML' processing > > THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHILE RUNNING THE SERVLET IT IS THROWING > EXCEPTIONS(NULL POINTER EXCEPTION) THAT IT WAS UNABLE TO PARSE THE XML > FILE ! > IT ALSO GIVES 'http-ERROR 500' > > PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP>>>>>>>>> Please don't use all caps. It makes you look rude. Anyway, you'll need to show us your code + xml file, otherwise noone here will be able to tell what you'r...

Can't understand why this won't compile
The problem code: // line 0 template <class T, T* (T::*C)(void) const> class cc { }; // line 6 class e { public: virtual e *clone(void) const; cc<e,&clone> ee(void) const; }; This code causes problems with both Visual C++ 7 (2003) and g++ 2.96. With VC, I get the following error message: c:\Documents and Settings\CJ\My Documents\Projects\Project Grapher\Source Code\Expression.cpp(22): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information In g++, I get two different results. Whith the code above, I get the following: test.cpp:12: invalid use of undefined type `class e' test.cpp:8: forward declaration of `class e' test.cpp:12: template argument 2 is invalid test.cpp:12: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ee' with no type When using &e::clone instead of &clone, g++ reports: test.cpp:12: Internal error: Segmentation fault. (with the same change, VC still has an internal compiler error) Unless, for some reason, I really can't use e from within e (which I know can't be right), I can't see the reason for these error messages. Anyone know what's going on? Should this code not compile anyway? Thanks for you time -CJ contact: http://stude...

Can't shutdown. Won't shutdown.
My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power button. I humbly obey but, when I switch on again, an annoying message tells me that the damned thing shut down unexpectedly. A minor and trivial niggle, I'm sure, but is there anything I can do to sort it? "Davo" <u33430@uwe> writes: >My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor >displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power >button. This sounds ...

Can't see all of the queries when merging to MS Word and can't get to reports
I'm working with a database developed by an untrained person over several years - and on a network that has recently been upgraded with a new server installed and MS office upgraded from 2K (I think - it might have been XP) to 2003. The database is impressive, both in what it does and the obtuse and inconsistent ways it works. There are several hundred queries, for example, with no indication of where they are used or if they are in fact necessary at all... The database is for the local Hospice service, and their entire operation is based on it - from patient records to donations. The database was developed in Access 2K and has not been converted, so it's being opened as an Access 2000 database in Access 2003. I tried converting to 2003, and didn't see any change in the bothersome behavior. There are several letters in MS Word that use the database as the source data for mail merges. Until the conversion, everything worked fine, but with the conversion, it became necessary to specify new locations for the source data for the merges. In MS Word 2003, when I try to open a new datasource, I can specify the MS Access database, but the format of the dialog box is significantly different than I am used to. I am presented with a list of "Views" and tables, with the Views apparently corresponding to the queries in the database. The difficulty is that, unlike in Access 2K, I don't seem to be seeing any query that contain parameters - at least I thin...

Can't open any more databases
Real problem usink AK2 I have got a form with 7 tabs on it, numerous subforms and combo boxes. as well as continuous subforms with combo boxes. I get the message "Can't open any more databases" as I move to a tab with yet another subform on it. Firstly I suspect it means it can't open any more queries or recordsets. Can anyone confirm this please. Does anyone know the limit I think I have done all the right things. Closed and set all recordsets to nothing after they have been opened in code. Set all Databases to nothing. Changed all Dlookups to query based ELookups Any other bright ideas. Would upsizing to a SQL server help,if so which one TIA Phil Phil, I have lots of information regarding this error message - it's too much to post here. I'd be glad to email it to you in a private email if you send me your address. -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "Phil Stanton" <discussion@stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in message news:417679a1$0$121$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Real problem usink AK2 > > I have got a form with 7 tabs on it, numerous subforms and combo boxes. as > well as continuous subforms with combo boxes. I get the message "Can't open > any more databases" as I move to a tab with yet anot...

can't open database
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an MDB (I am using Access 2000) that suddenly will not open. The message is: "The Microsoft Jet Database engine has stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." I have rebooted the machine. There is NO .LDB file out there that I can see. Nobody else is in this database. I have tried linking to this database from another database. Nothing is working. What can be done to force this thing to open? Thanks, Alan Trevor, On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:00:18 +0100,...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Help: I can't figure out why this won't work
I have a hyperlink on an ASP page that calls another ASP page with the code shown below. This page allows (forces) a user to select a file to be uploaded, then should call a third ASP page that will do the actual upload. What happens is I can enter a file name but the third page doesn't get loaded. I see the upload page being called in the browser when the alert message displays, but then it appears to reload this page. What am I missing??? I should also note that the upload page opens fine if I move the location.href command outside of the function (for testing purposes). <FORM N...

[News] Breaking Evil Myths: Linux Users Can't Play; Can't Run Windows Applications
Because penguins need to play too. ,----[ Quote ] | The Windows camp have a lot of great games to play and a popular | misconception is that Linux is lacking in games. That is not true. | There are literally thousands of games for Linux. In fact a lot of | them have been ported to Windows too. | | [...] | | There are both free and commercial games available. Some of the best | ones I really like are America's Army, Tremulous and Enemy Territory. `---- http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/because-penguins-need-to-play-too-14767 Run Windows Apps on Linux using 2X ApplicationServer ,----[ Quote ] | 2X ApplicationServer is a useful solution for those who still need access | to some Windows only apps, but prefer to work in Linux. `---- http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/run_windows_apps_on_linux_using_2x_applicationserver Related: LinuxGamePublishing announces X3: Reunion ,----[ Quote ] | The announcement was made during LinuxGames.coms' latest(7th) | podcast, and said to be about 80% completed. `---- http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1914 TO: Crossfire 1.5 released ,----[ Quote ] | Inspired by TacticalOps, TO: Crossfire is a game based on Epic's | awardwinning UnrealEngine and throws you into the life-and-death | world of counterterrorism. `---- http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1913 Supergamer LiveDVD - Gaming on Linux hits new levels ,----[ Quote ] | SuperGamer is a modified version...

Forms/Tables that can't/won't hold scroll
Hi all, I've tried finding an answer in the history, but only find a lot of historical posts where people didn't get answers to the same problem up to 5 or 6 years ago! I'm having a problem with Access2003 on Windows XP Pro where I often can't scroll. On some tables, I scroll vertically using the scroll bars, but when I let off the mouse button, it jumps back to whereever my cursor is. On some forms, if I don't have data to display, my users with smaller screens can't scroll to the right to see hidden buttons/drop downs. Does anyone know what's going on? Are these related problems? They don't happen in any other applications, and only in certain circumstances within Access. TIA, Jon On Mar 21, 12:48 pm, "jonceramic" <joncera...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I've tried finding an answer in the history, but only find a lot of > historical posts where people didn't get answers to the same problem > up to 5 or 6 years ago! > > I'm having a problem with Access2003 on Windows XP Pro where I often > can't scroll. > > On some tables, I scroll vertically using the scroll bars, but when I > let off the mouse button, it jumps back to whereever my cursor is. > > On some forms, if I don't have data to display, my users with smaller > screens can't scroll to the right to see hidden buttons/drop downs. > > Does anyone know what's going on? Are these relat...

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

Access can't run when I'm logged off?
Hi, I have an Access 2003 app (accessing an Access 2002-2003 DB) that runs every day at a given time on an XP Pro PC. I've used XP's built-in scheduler to set up the app to run every day at a fixed time (17:30). The scheduler asks for user and password to run the app under. The app has no forms at all, it just runs a macro that calls a function that does all the work, which is purely DB-related (reading from one remote DB, processing the data, writing the processed data into another remote DB). So it has actually "no UI". On Friday I had to leave the office early, so I just logged off (but I let my PC running), thinking that the scheduler should be able to run the app later on. However, this morning when logging in, I only found a fatal error message ("Access has found a problem and needs to close, do you want to report the problem to MS..."), and I can see that the app has not run at all. Does that mean that "unattended" operations are not at all possible with Access ? What's the problem ? Tanks for help. Bernard bernard.thouin@ubs.com wrote in news:1160393145.329854.268960@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Does that mean that "unattended" operations are not at all > possible with Access ? What's the problem ? Access is not a system service. It has a user interface, and has to be logged on to be able to run. Lock your workstation instead and that will allow it to run. -- David W. Fenton ...

Can't connect to database using 'sqlplus <username>/<password>', even when ORACLE_SID is set.

Web resources about - Can't Open VB Editor and VB scrip won't run AFTER reopening database - comp.databases.ms-access