Can't Use OnCurrent Event / Can't Find Macro

I have run into a sudden problem and thought I'd see if anyone else has
ran into this.

Out of nowhere (sort-of) I am not able to access the OnCurrent event on
a subform. I, of course, can write code for the event, but [Event
Procedure] under OnCurrent does not show up on the properties of the
subform, and the event does not fire.

When this problem happened, it seems to have also generated an error
while changing records in the Main Form. The error is "...can't find
the macro ".". At least I think their related...both started at the
same time.

I have never used a macro in my life.

When I say "sort-of" above, the only thing I can think that I may have
done is this: When quickly "ALT-TAB'ing" between my form and the VB
editor, I *think* I accidently deleted the words [Event Procedure] out
of the said OnCurrent event. Although, I'm quite sure I have done this
in the past, and was able to just re-initiate the event, and move on.

Now, when I try to re-initiate the event (by clicking the "..." symbol
next to the event) it brings up the EXPRESSION BUILDER! Not the Choose
Builder request like it should.

I have tried everything short of re-creating the form completely
(compact/repair, export form - c/r
- import form, ext...)

Anybody ever see this?

You should be able to just type in [Event Procedure] in the event slot and it
will begin working.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
11/10/2006 2:38:32 PM
Damn, I wish I would have tried that. I ended up recreating the
sub-form (via copy/paste), and that fixed the problem. Thanks for the
tip though!

Jeff Smeker

On Nov 10, 9:38 am, "ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" <u12102@uwe>
wrote:
> You should be able to just type in [Event Procedure] in the event slot and it
> will begin working.
>

> Rational Repairs wrote:
> >I have run into a sudden problem and thought I'd see if anyone else has
> >ran into this.
>
> >Out of nowhere (sort-of) I am not able to access the OnCurrent event on
> >a subform. I, of course, can write code for the event, but [Event
> >Procedure] under OnCurrent does not show up on the properties of the
> >subform, and the event does not fire.
>
> >When this problem happened, it seems to have also generated an error
> >while changing records in the Main Form. The error is "...can't find
> >the macro ".". At least I think their related...both started at the
> >same time.
>
> >I have never used a macro in my life.
>
> >When I say "sort-of" above, the only thing I can think that I may have
> >done is this: When quickly "ALT-TAB'ing" between my form and the VB
> >editor, I *think* I accidently deleted the words [Event Procedure] out
> >of the said OnCurrent event. Although, I'm quite sure I have done this
> >in the past, and was able to just re-initiate the event, and move on.
>
> >Now, when I try to re-initiate the event (by clicking the "..." symbol
> >next to the event) it brings up the EXPRESSION BUILDER! Not the Choose
> >Builder request like it should.
>
> >I have tried everything short of re-creating the form completely
> >(compact/repair, export form - c/r
> >- import form, ext...)
>
> >Anybody ever see this?--
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Microsoft Access Can't Find Macro '.' #2
I keep receiving the above error message in Microsoft Access 2003 when I open ANY database - including a completely empty test database (no forms, no macros, no tables). Can anyone suggest a solution? TIA ...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but now when I try to run one of the compiled applications it says it can't find the labview 8.0 or compatible run-time engine....&nbsp; I tried to install the runtime engine, and I get an error message saying a higher version is already installed so it won't install.... when I go to control panel the runtime engine 7.0 and 7.1.1&nbsp; show up , but Runtime 8.0 or 8.0.1 do not....&nbsp;&nbsp; I installed runtime 8.2.1 to see if it would show up in the control panel 'add remove programs) and it does not ..... &nbsp; help! &nbsp; thanks Mike Mike, &nbsp; This knowledgebase may help you <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2</a> &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer ...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

Servlet can't communicate with 'Database made using XML' !
Iam making an application in which the user logs in by entering username and password through a Servlet , Usernames and passwords are already stored in an XML document on the server , the Servlet has to just parse the XML document and verify the username and password iam using 'Apache Tomcat 4.1.12' and 'JAXP api for XML' processing THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHILE RUNNING THE SERVLET IT IS THROWING EXCEPTIONS(NULL POINTER EXCEPTION) THAT IT WAS UNABLE TO PARSE THE XML FILE ! IT ALSO GIVES 'http-ERROR 500' PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP>>>>>>>>> Abhishek Agrawal wrote: > Iam making an application in which the user logs in by entering > username and password through a Servlet , > > Usernames and passwords are already stored in an XML document on the > server , the Servlet has to just parse the XML document and verify the > username and password > > iam using 'Apache Tomcat 4.1.12' and 'JAXP api for XML' processing > > THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHILE RUNNING THE SERVLET IT IS THROWING > EXCEPTIONS(NULL POINTER EXCEPTION) THAT IT WAS UNABLE TO PARSE THE XML > FILE ! > IT ALSO GIVES 'http-ERROR 500' > > PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP>>>>>>>>> Please don't use all caps. It makes you look rude. Anyway, you'll need to show us your code + xml file, otherwise noone here will be able to tell what you'r...

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql'
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4 I have apache 2.2 and am running the most current version of mySQL. I cannot get DBD::mysql to install. I have downloaded the perl module form CPAN and tried both automated and manual installations. During the make test step the module fails and gives me the following error. Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql' symbol in /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Mysql.pm line 13 As far as I can tell the path is correct and I have not tried to install it anywh...

error message; microsoft access can't find the field 'ToggleLink' referred to in your expression
i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks grahamwarren2009@googlemail.com wrote: > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks Do you have access to the code. If so, open up a code module for the form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed but something is still referring to it. On 14 Mar, 20:45, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote: > grahamwarren2...@googlemail.com wrote: > > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks > > Do you have access to the code. =A0If so, open up a code module for the > form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. > =A0 =A0 =A0Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed= but > something is still referring to it. Tried that sorry, can't see what ToggleLink refers to. Is there any way I can get someone to look at file and play with it to try and fix? (It's about 42MB but don't know why it...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

CORRECTION : Can't connect to Xserver SHOULD BE Can't connect to XVNCserver

Can't find 'Prototype' syntax in JavaScript Bible'
'JavaScript Bible' v6 by Danny Goodman doesn't seem to describe the snytax used in Prototype.js. Namely, I could not find discussion of 'Object.extend' and the ':' feature (e.g., 'toColorPart:'), as in: Object.extend(Number.prototype, { toColorPart: function() { var digits = this.toString(16); if (this < 16) return '0' + digits; return digits; }, Similarly (or perhaps, not so similar), what this is about: var Try = { these: function() { .... } } Can someone please tell me where to find this in the book, or if it's n...

Both can ping, 1st pc can access 2nd pc shared folder, but 2nd pc can't 1st pc's.?
pc-a & pc-b connected with rj-45 vis a switch. Having same workgroup "MSHOME". pc-a ping to pc-b "OK". pc-b ping to pc-a "OK". both pcs TCP/IP is configured for file & printer sharing & client for ms network. pc-a can access pc-b's shared folders . MY PROBLEM IS "WHY PC-B CAN'T ACCESS PC-A's SHARED FOLDERS?". Any suggestion? By the way, both pcs can browse ie from single gateway. Both OS is Xp sp2. And they can access mutually in the past. Are you talking about regularly shared folders or admin shares like ADMIN$ or ...

I can't find eth0 (or don't know how to look)
Here's the deal: I've got RH 7.3 running just fine until an hour ago. I crashed a Matlab session and decided it was a good time to reboot my machine. The shutdown process hung at some point leaving the note "No more processes at this level", and after about 5 minutes I hit the reset button. When the machine came back up, it complained about the ethernet interface, saying this: "Bringing up interface eth0: Error, some other host already uses address [my IP address]" Plus, I get a big fat red "FAILED" on the screen, just to make me feel better. How do I get my box to behave again? I'm pretty much out of clues, so any you folks have would be a pure treat. Thanks, Dale. hey dale, could you give some details : are you in a LAN ? vivekian W. Dale Hall wrote: > Here's the deal: I've got RH 7.3 running just fine until an hour ago. > I crashed a Matlab session and decided it was a good time to reboot > my machine. The shutdown process hung at some point leaving the > note "No more processes at this level", and after about 5 minutes > I hit the reset button. > > When the machine came back up, it complained about the ethernet > interface, saying this: > > "Bringing up interface eth0: Error, some other host already uses address > [my IP address]" > > Plus, I get a big fat red "FAILED" on the screen, just to make me > feel better. > > How do ...

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Can't connect to database using 'sqlplus <username>/<password>', even when ORACLE_SID is set.

Wine-20050830: Can't find DLL 'x' needed by 'y', error=2
Obviously, Wine-20050830 is much, much different from earlier versions in that it does not even seem to consider a '.wine/config' file. And, it would seem, there's a problem or misunderstanding about locating DLLs. When I try to start 16-bit "Delphi.exe," I get an error: Could not load 'BIVBX11.DLL' required by 'DELPHI', error=2 A more detailed trace shows: [snip!] trace:module:LdrGetDllHandle 0 0 L"OLE32.DLL" -> 0x7f550000 trace:module:load_dll looking for L"ole32.dll" in L"C:\\delphi\\bin;.;c:\\windows\\syste...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

Can't log in (can't type) on console on Solaris 10 on Ultra 10
Hello, I've installed Solaris 10 on an Ultra 10. Unfortunately I cannot log in on console and I'm looking for some advice. I can log in over the net. I installed the machine using console so I know that works fine. After booting up, I can not type anything on console, though console messages, e.g. su, are printed on the screen. The only error message is "Console login service(s) cannot run". I've googled a lot on this and found only one really relevent item here: http://blog.sun.com/roller/page/lianep/Weblog/20050204. svcs states the service is not running (as if I didn't know): # svcs -x svc:/system/console-login:default (Console login) State: offline since Thu Feb 24 15:05:08 2005 Reason: Unknown. See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-AR See: ttymon(1M) Impact: This service is not running. http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-AR has a meaningless explanation and no fix. I've tried restarting the service without any good effect: # svcadm -v enable svc:/system/console-login svc:/system/console-login:default enabled. I've enabled "milestone all". A reboot doesn't fix it. I can't see any dependencies that are not running: # svcs -d svc:/system/console-login STATE STIME FMRI online 14:56:20 svc:/system/identity:node online 14:56:21 svc:/system/filesystem/minimal:default online 14:56:27 svc:/milestone/sysconfig:default online 14:56:28 svc:/system/utmp:default Does anyon...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output to the terminal. I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse plugged into the Fuel. In an attempt to get this working I was playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed something that's caused my current situation. I set the following: console=d AutoBoot=No When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on! Usually the monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter Maintenance Mode. If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down immediately. The last thing I did in the PROM console was run ...

Why won't this work? (can't find prior posting of this problem)
I have a control on a form whose data source is: =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust"))) I have tried =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust","Total is 100%")) and =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%")) The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when it's 1. I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to 1.00. I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes. I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them via a form. Thanks Sara =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1;"Total is 100%"; IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1;"Total is Over 100% Please Adjust"; IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1;"Total is UNDER 100%";"Please Adjust"))) ...

Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file
Hello, Someone please help me! I re-booted my computer last night after it hung up, and now it won't start up at all. I'm on Windows XP Home Media Center edition. The message I get after the windows screen is: "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..." After I click ok throught this message box...nothing. Just a black screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my pointer about. Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution. Thanks!! Anthony Anthony wrote: ...

Web resources about - Can't Use OnCurrent Event / Can't Find Macro - comp.databases.ms-access