Cannot open same table using Access 2.0 and Access 2003 in the same time

I'm unable to to open a linked table T that is stored in an Access 2.0
MDB database file (shared/back-end,) using both Access 2.0 and Access
2003, in the same time.

Here is the scenario:

1- Start Access 2.0 and open the linked table T.
2- Start Access 2003 then try to open the same linked table T.
3- You may get the error "Could not use <.mdb file name>; file already
in use."

It seems Access 2.0 "Locks" the table for exclusive use, but how to
explain that another instance of Access 2.0 still CAN open the same
table in the same time!

Please note: Access 2.0 and Access 2003 runs on two separate machines,
while the shared/back-end mdb file is stored on a third machine.

Please note upgrading the back-end database to 2003 is NOT a feasible
solution in the current time!

Thanks

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

Sharing .MDB between Access 2.0 and Access 2003
I have a .MDB back-end database that is created with Access 2.0. And multiple front-end mdb's, some are created by Access 2.0, and the rest are created by Access 2003. The fron-ends had table attachments to the back-end database. The problem is I'm unable to access any table by both versions of Access in the same time! Here are the steps to replicate the problem 1- Open one Access 2.0 front-end mdb, then open the attached table T1 2- Open another Access 2003 front-end mdb, try to open the same attached table, you will get the error "Could not use .mdb; file already in use." 3- I can only open the table from Access 2.0 front-end. It seems Access 2.0 locks the table against 2003 version only. I'm trying to find a patch/service pack, workaround. Your feed back is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Moor The easiest workaround would be to export the data from the tables in the Acc2.0 mdb as textfiles and then import those textfiles into an Acc2003 mdb. If this will be tedious because you have a few dozen tables to export then an alternative would be to ... well, you could automate the process with VBA and loop through the tabledefs collection (for the table names) and create the textfiles that way and then import them into a Acc2003 mdb. Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Thanks, Rich, In fact the problem is not in the Export/Import process. It is about opening the 2.0 mdb files using different versions of MS Access, epecifi...

Playing & recording WAVE-type sound in MS Access
I've followed the instructions found on Microsoft's site... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;149119&Product=acc97 Here are those instructions... To play and record sounds, follow these steps: Create the following new table in Design view: Table: Messages ----------------------- Field Name: Message Data Type: OLE Object Save the table as Messages, and then close the table. Create a new form in Design view based on the Messages table. Add the following controls to the form: Bound Object Frame: Name: Message ...

Accessing Access

Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003
When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the database although I got the list of the tables in the library I specified. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. The timeout to dispay de data is small. You need to increase this timeout. The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big. "Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:d01a5cc.0404280030.58f11d3e@posting.go...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.c...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

ODBC: How to install Access 2.0-Drivers when Access 2003 is installed
Hi I'm running Windows 2000 and Office 2003. I want to copy tables from an unknown database format into Access 2.0 and I could do it quite easily if it weren't for the fact that recent ODBC-drivers aren't capable of writing into an Access 2.0 database (only reading). I do have the old Access 2.0 disks including odbc-driver, but it doesn't install on my machine (probably because the newer ones are installed...). And yes, I know that updating the Access-database is probably the first thought that everybody has, but it's not practicable in this case. So... how to install Acce...

Use Access 97 or Access 2003
I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered around the country. I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months. I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003 especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app. However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP. So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or later before I port Access 2003? - Mark "Mark G. King" <markgk...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...

Access 2007 db.accdb modified using Access 2010 can no longer be opened with Access 2007
Hi, A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database format 'C:\RD\db.accdb". I tried to open using Access 2007 and got the same message. Does anyone have an explanation?? Cheers, Barry "Barry Edmund Wright" <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote > Does anyone have an explanation?? Explanation: It's easy to look back and make a version backward compatible because you can see and test with the older version (Access 2010 successfully opens the Access 2007 database) ; it's not nearly so easy to look forward and make a version (in your case Access 2007) forward compatible with whatever may be done in the _next_ version (Access 2007 not opening the database once it's been modified and saved in Access 2010). This is a known issue, discussed many times here in the newsgroup. What we don't know is whether Microsoft _thought_ they'd implemented both backward and forward compatibility in Access 2010. -- Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010 "Barry Edmund Wright" wrote in message=20 news:8d50cbbe-0804-40ed-a420-3f13d1da89f3@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...= >Hi, > >A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. >The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database >format 'C:\...

I get ODBC Timeout (#0) just trying to open a linked table in MS Access 2003 arghghghgh!!!
any idea how i can by pass this error , i need to plugin a SQL vew & create a query using Access. Running the vew in SQL returns 19458 rows ... i keep getting ODBC timeout errors when trying to do anything with this linked table.. help?! ...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

Web resources about - Cannot open same table using Access 2.0 and Access 2003 in the same time - comp.databases.ms-access

Lindsey Graham: Trump Would Destroy the GOP for Generations to Come
Lindsey Graham appeared on Face the Nation and declared today Donald Trump would be an absolute disaster for the Republican party, destroy conservatism ...

Istanbul bomber identified as Turkish member of Islamic State
Reuters Istanbul bomber identified as Turkish member of Islamic State Reuters ISTANBUL A Turkish member of the Islamic State militant group ...

UPDATE 1-At least 13 dead as Spanish bus carrying exchange students crashes
NBCNews.com UPDATE 1-At least 13 dead as Spanish bus carrying exchange students crashes Reuters (Updates death toll, adds details on crash, ...

Autoblog in Cuba: Revisiting our trip to the island nation
Filed under: Government/Legal , Videos , Automotive History , North America As Barrack Obama becomes the first President of the United States ...

Top 20 Stories of the Week: Indiana Jones 5, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sausage Party & More
The Top 20 Stories of the Week are the stories we think you should check out on /Film from the previous week. This week we have updates on some ...

John Kasich Would Consider Nominating Merrick Garland To The Supreme Court
Earlier this week incumbent president Barack Obama announced his nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States; Merrick Garland. Quite ...

This CEO barely survived the 2008 market crash — now his startup has 400 million users and it's going ...
In 2006, David Gorodyansky drove to his local Silicon Valley Bank to deposit a $6 million check — the first investment in his web security startup ...

WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. The Sacred Triduum ( triduum from tres dies – “three day space”) were once days of obligation when ...

Everything you need to know about the Hulk Hogan sex tape lawsuit that could cost Gawker over $115 million ...
On Friday , Gawker Media lost a gigantic lawsuit over the publication of a sex tape in 2012, brought against it by former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan, ...

Hikers Find Skull Near Hollywood Sign
Daily Beast Hikers Find Skull Near Hollywood Sign Daily Beast According to authorities, hikers in Los Angeles found a human skull near the ...