CDO question

I am testing CDO for email. The following function works on one computer but
fails on the second computer with a messgage that "the server response was
not available".

Both computers are on the same network and can send a receive email from the
account I am using. The program compiles OK on both computers but some
reason I can't figure out, it fails on the second computer.

Public Function SendEmailUsingCDO()

' 11/4/03 worked on E2
' 10/25/04 works on E2 but won't work here on E1 ????
' on form or as as this function

Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration

With iConf.Fields

  .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort

  .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "smtp.comcast.net"
  .Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 15 ' quick timeout
  .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
  .Item(cdoSendUserName) = "xxxxxx"
  '.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "xxxxxx"
  '.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
  '.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
  '.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True

  '.Update
End With

With iMsg
  Set .Configuration = iConf
      .To = """User A"" <xxx@xxx.net>"
      .From = "<xxxxx@xxx.us>"
      '.From = """User B"" <xxxx@comcast.net>"
      .Subject = "Access CDO test"
      '.BCC = "<xxxx@xxx.us>" never recd with/without <>
      '.CreateMHTMLBody "http://mypage"
      '.AddAttachment "C:\files\mybook.doc"
      '.
      .TextBody = "This is the body of the CDO message"
      .Send
End With

End Function

0
88karl3200 (58)
10/26/2004 2:36:01 PM
comp.databases.ms-access 42535 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> I am testing CDO for email. The following function works on one computer
but
> fails on the second computer with a messgage that "the server response was
> not available".
>
> Both computers are on the same network and can send a receive email from
the
> account I am using. The program compiles OK on both computers but some
> reason I can't figure out, it fails on the second computer.
>
> Public Function SendEmailUsingCDO()
>
> ' 11/4/03 worked on E2
> ' 10/25/04 works on E2 but won't work here on E1 ????
> ' on form or as as this function
>
> Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
> Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration
>
> With iConf.Fields
>
>   .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
>
>   .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "smtp.comcast.net"
>   .Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 15 ' quick timeout
>   .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
>   .Item(cdoSendUserName) = "xxxxxx"
>   '.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "xxxxxx"
>   '.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
>   '.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
>   '.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True
>
>   '.Update
> End With
>
> With iMsg
>   Set .Configuration = iConf
>       .To = """User A"" <xxx@xxx.net>"
>       .From = "<xxxxx@xxx.us>"
>       '.From = """User B"" <xxxx@comcast.net>"
>       .Subject = "Access CDO test"
>       '.BCC = "<xxxx@xxx.us>" never recd with/without <>
>       '.CreateMHTMLBody "http://mypage"
>       '.AddAttachment "C:\files\mybook.doc"
>       '.
>       .TextBody = "This is the body of the CDO message"
>       .Send
> End With
>
> End Function

have you added the refernces CDO ?
MAssimiliano

0
master8346 (24)
10/27/2004 2:09:38 PM
Yes I have the CDO reference (it says Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Library) . I'm using XP on both machines.

-- "MA" <master@massimilianoamendola.it> wrote in message
> > I am testing CDO for email. The following function works on one computer
> but
> > fails on the second computer with a messgage that "the server response
was
> > not available".
> >
> > Both computers are on the same network and can send a receive email from
> the
> > account I am using. The program compiles OK on both computers but some
> > reason I can't figure out, it fails on the second computer.
> >
> > Public Function SendEmailUsingCDO()
> >
> > ' 11/4/03 worked on E2
> > ' 10/25/04 works on E2 but won't work here on E1 ????
> > ' on form or as as this function
> >
> > Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
> > Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration
> >
> > With iConf.Fields
> >
> >   .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
> >
> >   .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "smtp.comcast.net"
> >   .Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 15 ' quick timeout
> >   .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
> >   .Item(cdoSendUserName) = "xxxxxx"
> >   '.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "xxxxxx"
> >   '.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
> >   '.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
> >   '.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True
> >
> >   '.Update
> > End With
> >
> > With iMsg
> >   Set .Configuration = iConf
> >       .To = """User A"" <xxx@xxx.net>"
> >       .From = "<xxxxx@xxx.us>"
> >       '.From = """User B"" <xxxx@comcast.net>"
> >       .Subject = "Access CDO test"
> >       '.BCC = "<xxxx@xxx.us>" never recd with/without <>
> >       '.CreateMHTMLBody "http://mypage"
> >       '.AddAttachment "C:\files\mybook.doc"
> >       '.
> >       .TextBody = "This is the body of the CDO message"
> >       .Send
> > End With
> >
> > End Function
> >
> have you added the refernces CDO ?
> MAssimiliano

0
88karl3200 (58)

ask me a question ms access databases
I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order request is received. The web site is at www.jaxdatasolutions.com. This is for a limited time only. ivanmendoza@comcast.net (Ivan) wrote: >I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order >request is received. The web site is at <snipped> This >is for a limited time only. Umm, hows about we ask questions in this newsgroup? Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips &...

paltalk MS ACCESS, general database questions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable www.Paltalk.com: Welcome to the ms access database programmer Group = unsha ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <DIV> <P><FONT face=3DArial>www.<A = href=3D"http://Paltalk.com">Paltalk.com</A>: Welcome to=20 the ms access database programmer Group = unsha</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70-- ...

MS Access Question for Access Gurus
I have one table called Album another table called Song One Album has many songs I created an Album form that contains a Song Subform. in the Song table I have a field id which is the primary key, and another field called index The song index is a number that represents the song number on the record. For example on the Beatle's Album: Abbey Road the song indices are as follows: Track Listings 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes the Sun 8. Because 9. You Never Give Me Your Money 10. Sun King 11. Mean Mr. Mustard 12. Polythene Pam 13. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window 14. Golden Slumbers 15. Carry That Weight 16. End 17. Her Majesty My question is.....on the song subform how can I get the song index to automatically have the index inserted based on the number of tracks already entered. In other words a running count? For your information, here are my tables Table: Album Primary Key: id (number) name (text) Table: Song Primary Key: id (number) name (text) index (number) albumID (foreign key) Relationship is One Album to Many Songs with Referential Integrity. I really appreciate your help. "Elliot W. Scott" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:mu2dndCuUJpUqInfRVn-pw@comcast.com... >I have one table called Album > another table cal...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions
Without having enough time to analyze excatly, what are your needs: if there are no important reasons why the data must be keept in MS Access: why you don't keep it all in SAS? If you are analyzing in SAS, there is no real reason to have any other DB to hold the data. For users you have many possibilities to give them comfortable possibilities to enter data, in or outside SAS. In SAS, the most easy idea is to use SAS/FSP. But that is not necessary. You can use nearly any tool for data entry and bring the (standard formatted) data into SAS. To get a consultant for realizing a proper solution might be a good idea. It sometime is not easy trying to learn to program in SAS by developing a productive solution, because it might be not easy to get it in time with all the obstacles, there might be in your way. If you have time (and money) enough, you should take the chance to learn how to do some steps further in SAS programming together with a good consultant. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:26:59 -0500, Rob Cheshire <rob.cheshire@NOAA.GOV> wrote: >Hi to all, > I need some help deciding on the best database system for our >specific application. >OPTIONAL INFO: We currently have 2 separate projects that need to be >updated from dos-based dBase. I'll only describe one of these but the >other is comparable in size. The project currently has about 32 >files. The 2 largest are about 30,000 records and 5 columns include >data from the last 30 yea...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #3
Rob: MS Access imports data easily from dBase (*.dbf) files. I see no advantage in moving to SAS for that feature, especially if you would prefer to use the basic DE form controls in MS Access to develop what should be a simple DE capability. Although ODBC transfers of data from MS Access (*.mdb) databases has some pitfalls, as does OLEdb or other middleware (in particular, conversions of integers to floating point numbers, date/time values, and nulls/missings), a bit of Q/C will help you iron out the wrinkles and set up a reliable connection. It often helps as well to separate a data collection operation from a data analysis group. Even on a small scale, periodic publishing of analytic datasets usually works better than giving researchers continuous access to primary data files. Continuous access makes it more difficult to check estimates for consistency and to replicate earlier results. A separate database for data collection operations also makes it easier to implement a sound database design for operations. Data analysts prefer to restructure data to fit analytic procedures, and have little appreciation of data integrity constraints and data validation. Fortunately you do not have to choose between MS Access (or another DBMS) and SAS. SAS has particular value on the analytic side of your project(s). Access to a data source with a good relational database design guarantees that a SAS programmer can restructure data quickly and accurately into the structures that analysts ...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #2
You're describing my project with the Department of Education! We had a dbase database and used a Clipper application to massage it into 'presentable' form. And I thought I was on the bleeding edge (back edge, that is) 8 years ago. As with everything, it depends on what your main purpose is. In my case, it was to disseminate the information to as many people as possible in a format that could be read by/into as many applications as possible. So, we converted our data to flat files and supplied an 'application' that generated sas code that would read the flat files into a sas dataset (complete with formats and labels), so the researcher could write their own code to run against the sas dataset. It sounds like your project isn't quite as ambitious, but the reason I include this example is that it's hard to predict what form data will take, say, 5 years from now. I'll bet you've already run into difficulties in using Clipper, and you'd like to avoid these kind of problems the next time you update/analyze your data. Sas has had some changes in going from one version to another--generally, upgrading to the next version involves updating your dataset to the next version's format. So, if you're purpose is to archive your data for the next iteration of your survey, unless you're going to be active in the data, sas might not be the best choice for data storage. Somewhat more stable would be something like SQL server (cheap, ...

ODBC/OLE DB MS Access Question 10G Database Upgrade Issues?
Hi There We currently have the following setup: Server: Oracle Database on Unix @ 9.2 Client: Windows XP Pro (SP1) MS Access 2000 Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle pile of databases that connect to oracle via ODBC/OLE DB Oracle Client 8.1.7 (MSDTC keys are pointing at oracle 8 dll's) We will be upgrading our database to Oracle 10G, and are concerned that the connection between MS access and the database will fail, or we will have data issues. I have read some reports of this, but have seen no consistant data accross the board. Testing will be done of course, but sometimes its easy to ask first.... We will also (in time) look at upgrading the Oracle Client level (currently we only have done that for our developers/dba's), but I am concerned with Microsoft's ODBC/OLE DB drivers. Will I be forced to upgrade to the Oracle drivers? Will I be forced to upgrade the client (SQL*net) level? (I.e. oraclient10.dll) I also have a few other apps that require ODBC/OLE DB access including Powerbuilder and Crystal Reports. Thanks, Henry If your clients are at least 8.1.7 you should have no problem. We have servers and clients running from 8.0.4 to 10g. The only issue we now have is that the 10g folks can't talk to the 8.0 folks. Not quite true. Our parent Company still has some O7, and that is causing us problems with the 9i2 and 10g, but that is only a couple of dozen out of 5K users. In fact, I had MS tell me at one point that their ODBC/OLEDB is now base...

Database question, Vb6 SP5, DAO, Access database
I posted this message in a VB database newsgroup 5 days ago and have not received any answers. Since this newsgroup has been very supportive in VB, I am posting it here (with changes) in hopes of getting an answer. Jim Y Using a database is still new for me. I do not know all the terms, so I hope I can explain my question. I wrote a program in VB6 SP5 using DAO. It works with no known problems (yet), I had to add/modify the database and program to include an additional variable. This program has been installed on a friends PC with XP and I want to upgrade it with the new version. My que...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

Database access question
SAS-L gurus -=20 =20 I have a question about database access using SAS. Suppose I have multiple databases that my computer hooks directly, but I don't know the names. Using "libname" way, for example: *** libname db oracle = user=3Dxxx password=3Dxxx path=3D'db_name"; *** I can assign an alias to the = specific database I want to access. With this approach, however, I have to know the database name ("db_name" in this example) in priori. Is there anyway I can detect all the available database names that I can access? For instance, in Excel, whenever I click "Data->Import external data->new database query", there is a dialogue coming out with all the accessible database listed that I can hook up with. I am wondering how I can achieve this, I mean I can detect all the available and accessible database without knowing their names in advance (Backbone database builder is Oracle). =20 Thanks for the help. ...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

Web resources about - CDO question - comp.databases.ms-access

Unanswered questions at the heart of Mike Baird's $20b rail plan
There is a $20 billion-plus unanswered question at the heart of the biggest public transport project in Sydney, NSW and Australia. And it is ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates Weekend Sunrise interview after questions on US presidential campaign ...
He's famous for saying he'll be back, but Arnold Schwarzenegger may think twice about appearing on Weekend Sunrise again.

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question teen
A South Carolina police officer was shot and killed Friday as he and a partner were trying to question a self-professed gang member who they ...

"It’s a question every candidate for state Supreme Court is asked: Which U.S. Supreme Court justices ...
Writes the left/liberal Bill Lueders at the end of his Isthmus piece "Battle for the [Wisconsin Supreme] court/Bradley v. Kloppenburg is a classic ...

The question nobody dares to ask about strategy
Picture by Henrik Mårtensson I originally published this article at Linkedin Pulse : When I transitioned from my work as a developer and systems ...

17 former Google interview questions so ridiculous that the company banned them
Sometimes the hiring practices of even the most successful companies can feel outright wonky. There can be strange interview questions that ...

S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen
S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen

14 great responses when a job interviewer asks, 'Any questions for me?'
So you managed to get through a phone screen, ten resume revisions, and a lot of anxious moments when you were convinced they were ignoring you. ...

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man
New York Daily News South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man Charlotte Observer Police officers work the scene of an officer-involved ...