CDO question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am testing CDO for email. The following function works on one computer but
fails on the second computer with a messgage that "the server response was
not available".

Both computers are on the same network and can send a receive email from the
account I am using. The program compiles OK on both computers but some
reason I can't figure out, it fails on the second computer.

Public Function SendEmailUsingCDO()

' 11/4/03 worked on E2
' 10/25/04 works on E2 but won't work here on E1 ????
' on form or as as this function

Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration

With iConf.Fields

  .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort

  .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "smtp.comcast.net"
  .Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 15 ' quick timeout
  .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
  .Item(cdoSendUserName) = "xxxxxx"
  '.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "xxxxxx"
  '.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
  '.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
  '.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True

  '.Update
End With

With iMsg
  Set .Configuration = iConf
      .To = """User A"" <xxx@xxx.net>"
      .From = "<xxxxx@xxx.us>"
      '.From = """User B"" <xxxx@comcast.net>"
      .Subject = "Access CDO test"
      '.BCC = "<xxxx@xxx.us>" never recd with/without <>
      '.CreateMHTMLBody "http://mypage"
      '.AddAttachment "C:\files\mybook.doc"
      '.
      .TextBody = "This is the body of the CDO message"
      .Send
End With

End Function

0
Reply 88karl3200 (58) 10/26/2004 2:36:01 PM

See related articles to this posting

> I am testing CDO for email. The following function works on one computer
but
> fails on the second computer with a messgage that "the server response was
> not available".
>
> Both computers are on the same network and can send a receive email from
the
> account I am using. The program compiles OK on both computers but some
> reason I can't figure out, it fails on the second computer.
>
> Public Function SendEmailUsingCDO()
>
> ' 11/4/03 worked on E2
> ' 10/25/04 works on E2 but won't work here on E1 ????
> ' on form or as as this function
>
> Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
> Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration
>
> With iConf.Fields
>
>   .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
>
>   .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "smtp.comcast.net"
>   .Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 15 ' quick timeout
>   .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
>   .Item(cdoSendUserName) = "xxxxxx"
>   '.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "xxxxxx"
>   '.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
>   '.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
>   '.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True
>
>   '.Update
> End With
>
> With iMsg
>   Set .Configuration = iConf
>       .To = """User A"" <xxx@xxx.net>"
>       .From = "<xxxxx@xxx.us>"
>       '.From = """User B"" <xxxx@comcast.net>"
>       .Subject = "Access CDO test"
>       '.BCC = "<xxxx@xxx.us>" never recd with/without <>
>       '.CreateMHTMLBody "http://mypage"
>       '.AddAttachment "C:\files\mybook.doc"
>       '.
>       .TextBody = "This is the body of the CDO message"
>       .Send
> End With
>
> End Function

have you added the refernces CDO ?
MAssimiliano

0
Reply master8346 (24) 10/27/2004 2:09:38 PM

Yes I have the CDO reference (it says Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Library) . I'm using XP on both machines.

-- "MA" <master@massimilianoamendola.it> wrote in message
> > I am testing CDO for email. The following function works on one computer
> but
> > fails on the second computer with a messgage that "the server response
was
> > not available".
> >
> > Both computers are on the same network and can send a receive email from
> the
> > account I am using. The program compiles OK on both computers but some
> > reason I can't figure out, it fails on the second computer.
> >
> > Public Function SendEmailUsingCDO()
> >
> > ' 11/4/03 worked on E2
> > ' 10/25/04 works on E2 but won't work here on E1 ????
> > ' on form or as as this function
> >
> > Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
> > Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration
> >
> > With iConf.Fields
> >
> >   .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
> >
> >   .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "smtp.comcast.net"
> >   .Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 15 ' quick timeout
> >   .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
> >   .Item(cdoSendUserName) = "xxxxxx"
> >   '.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "xxxxxx"
> >   '.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
> >   '.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
> >   '.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True
> >
> >   '.Update
> > End With
> >
> > With iMsg
> >   Set .Configuration = iConf
> >       .To = """User A"" <xxx@xxx.net>"
> >       .From = "<xxxxx@xxx.us>"
> >       '.From = """User B"" <xxxx@comcast.net>"
> >       .Subject = "Access CDO test"
> >       '.BCC = "<xxxx@xxx.us>" never recd with/without <>
> >       '.CreateMHTMLBody "http://mypage"
> >       '.AddAttachment "C:\files\mybook.doc"
> >       '.
> >       .TextBody = "This is the body of the CDO message"
> >       .Send
> > End With
> >
> > End Function
> >
> have you added the refernces CDO ?
> MAssimiliano

0
Reply 88karl3200 (58) 10/27/2004 3:07:50 PM
comp.databases.ms-access 42303 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Visual Basic 6 and MAPI / CDO 1.21 question
hi group, Can anyone explain what they are talking about in this paragraph? Note: When you access an element of the Categories array, whether to read it or write it, you must include an extra set of parentheses to satisfy the Visual Basic compiler's allowance for a property parameter: from this MSDN page (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cdo/html/_ olemsg_objects.2c_.properties.2c_.and_methods.asp) What do they mean by "Visual Basic compiler's allowance for a property parameter" ? Thanks in advance, Kelly Greer kellygreer1@nospam.c...

Questions, questions & more questions
Hi all, As I've got rather a lot of questions to post I thought I'd better merge a few into one post. Appreciate these have probably been asked stacks of times but research on the net has not turned up the answers. What's the quickest solution for transferring files from a PC to an Falcon/TT? I'm going to look into networking my Atari kit but that's a little way off at the moment. Is the Backwards ST emulator program still available? Would love to play some of my old favourites such as Megalomania. I know that I could use a PC emulator but somehow that...

Questions, Questions...
Hi! I took the routine from Gastronor.mdb: In the frmOrderDetails -> ITemID_AfterUpdate: Dim strFilter as String strFilter = "ItemID = " & Me!ItemID but it didn't work on win 2000 with access 2000. However, after playing around for a while, I found: Me!UnitPrice = ItemID.Column(2) to work just fine, even after updating prices in the tblItems. Anybody knows why? The routine in win 98/win nt in the footer of frmOrderDetails: =Sum((Price*Amount*(1-[Discount])/100)*100)) didn't either work. After testing and trying I finally discovered that =Sum(Price*Amount*Discount)...

Questions that question????
Hi everybody, I am thinking abt how much information can be provided to a quetion posted related to design with emerging hitech FPGA's.I started using this usenet just a few weeks ago,and I find it very interesting to notice people with great experience working in industries or with FPGA manufacuturers replying to the best they could.So I started thinking, how much of an information related to the desing should be given for a question. The less information i give, i likely to get no repliess, and the more i give , i might loose my valuable design , what would be a tradeoff here? So, how ...

Questions over questions
Hello people, I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed over 30 seconds. Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script longer!? Greeting! Sven Dzepina wrote: > Hello people, > > I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed > over 30 seconds. > Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script > longer!? > > Greeting! > > If your ISP doesn't run your script in safe mode, which it most likely does, then you can set_time_limit(0); for unli...

Question about a question
Steve Pampling: Steve, do you take a.a.bugs? I need a smidgin of advice about a particular Win PC question, it needs putting to a Sys/IT maintenance/admin type person rather than any old idiot like me. If you don't sub to ..bugs can I please email you privately, as I did around Christmas time (same old computer)? Cheers Dave S -- In article <4e2368520fdfs@ukgateway.net>, Dave Symes <dfs@ukgateway.net> wrote: > Steve Pampling: > Steve, do you take a.a.bugs? Nope. I vaguely recall it being on a list some time ago (years) but I shortened things to the core csa and ...

Questions, Questions, Questions -- Well, really only two
This newsgroup seemed distribution non-specific so here goes: 1. Many companies who want to use linux, want it for email and web service. These systems don't need xwindows, and, in fact, as I understand it, not installing it not only saves resources but reduces security risk. Is there anywhere freely available a how-to install various current distributions of linux using text only, and installing mail, web and domain name service that is fairly easy for the uninformed to follow? Especially helpful would be a debian install. 2. Does anyone know of an encyclopedia, preferrably text-b...

Question and bonus question
Given an integer between 0 and 5000 (characters 0-9; no leading zero) can anyone suggest a non-iterative, non-recursive way of summing the individual digits? I'm just looking for a clever way to do what is easy with the obvious loop: Sum = 0 Do I = 1 to length(n) Sum = sum + substr(n,I,1) End Bonus Question: Can anyone suggest a mechanism to allow reading the TOC (Table of Content) of an Audio CD? The connection? The TOC contains frame numbers where each track starts. Do an integer divide by 75 and you get the time offset in seconds. Sum the digits of each of the start times...

questions on audit question
I want to audit any insert, update transaction on a particular table. So I set audit_trail=DB then "audit insert, update on db1.tablename;" >From the SYS.AUD$ table, the result only shows ONE audit record for each session. For example, if UserA do 2 INSERTS and 3 UPDATES on the table during the session, I only got ONE record in SYS.AUD$: SQL> select userid, ses$actions from user_audit_object; USERA ------S---S----- But I want to see the exact number of times the tables are being insert and update. How to accomplish that? Susan susana73@hotmail.com wrote: &g...

design question
Hello all - I'm working on a database that stores data for a survey. We are storing several different types of surveys, each of which can have any number of different question types. For instance, a survey could have a multiple choice question, a yes/no question, numerical question, or a free-form text answer. When a user logs on to fill out a survey, the data from the survey template will be copied to a set of tables which look basically the same, except that they will store the survey questions and the answers from the user. Each question type would have a different field or fields fo...

Question about the keyword synchronized, the previous question contain typing question please ignore it.
�p�̦��@��concept ���ө���, �Ʊ�U��H�S�i�H���@���U. First please have a look on the codes below: public class SyncTest { private int x; private int y; private synchronized void setX (int i){ x=i; } private synchronized void setY (int i) { y=i; } public void setXY(int i){ setX(i); setY(i); } public synchronized Boolean check() { return x !=y; } } The question is: Under which conditions will check() return when called form a different class A. Check() can never return true B...

All the interesting questions are software questions
A presentation attributed to Intel was posted in another group: http://www.beyond3d.com/content/articles/31 While the presentation is framed as a CPU-GPU confrontation, it really just presents as policy some trends that could have been predicted quite some time ago: 1. More simple (in-order cores) get you more bang for the buck than do mainstream OoO cores. 2. They also get you more bang per watt. 3. GPU's are already infringing on CPU territory and the trend is bound to continue. 4. Some problems are better suited to a GPGPU (general purpose GPU) than others. 5. The big question is...

solve question/simplify question
Hi, I have a list called equns of linear equations which are independent of each other. The according variables are in a list called params. I solve the equations into a list called sol using sol = Solve[equns, params]; Can I expect the solution procedure to be faster or in favor of memory usage if I iterate through the elements of the lists and solve for each equation separately? Same question goes for Simplify. I don't want to try and find out myself because I have noticed big differences in running times with Mathematica and I am not sure how to test for improved...

question on a uniprocessor scheduling question
A hW question. Just checking my answer. 1 High I/O-bound process that runs for 4ms every 20ms 2 Medium I/O-bound process that runs for 1ms every 5ms 3 Medium I/O-bound process that runs for 1ms every 5ms 4 Low Long-running compute-bound process 5 Low Long-running compute-bound process Describe what happens for the following scheduler: -First-come-first-served. Priorities are ignored. Here is what I say, --The first process runs for 4 ms, followed by the second, followed by the third, fourth, and fifth. During the running of the lengthy fourth and fifth processes the first three will ...

Curses question interface question
I would like to put a box around my input field using curses and i'm not sure how to do this my screen setup is like displayed as the following -----------------------------------------------. | | | | | | | | | How are you doing today: | | | | ...

Regexp Question / gsub Question
Perhaps someone could help with this example? I need to iterate through each of the items in strings and wrap any case insensitive occurrence of "key" with <b> </b>. If each string was always just the word "key" I would use something like wrapper.join("key") but.. I have other text surrounding the "key", various cases and potentially multiple occurrences. Thank you in advance. wrapper = ["<b>", "</b>"] strings = ["blahblahKEY", "asdfasdfkey", "Keyasdf", "xxkEYxx", "...

Question about question mark in JavaScript
Hi What does a questionmark before a variable do? For instance, var test1 = '' var test2 = '?test1' What does it do? Jimolo wrote: > Hi > > What does a questionmark before a variable do? > > For instance, > > var test1 = '' > > var test2 = '?test1' > > What does it do? In what context do you mean this? Normally I would say its a query after an URL like; instance 1 http://www.domain.ext/page.htm instance 2 http://www.domain.ext/page.htm?test1 Where in 2nd instance there will be a query carried out on the page (thi...

a newbie question(network question)
Hello, Now, i have three computers at my home and i installed mysql to one of the computers. I want to access mysql from other computers. However, i couldn't access to that mysql server. When i tried to connect from client, it gave that error(mysql error number 2003). What can i do for solving that problem? Best Regards, Emrah Ayanoglu P.S: I tried both of linux and windows, but i couldn't succeed. On 31 Jan 2007 13:16:53 -0800, hardemr wrote: > Hello, > > Now, i have three computers at my home and i installed mysql to one of > the computers. I want to access mysql fr...

Questions, Questions.. Disarming /RAM
Hi- Thanks to everyone that's replied to my previous posts. The help has been great, and I'm learning more each day. I don't use the /RAM disk that ProDOS creates, and I'd like to free it so I can have more available space for AppleWorks. Anyone know how to disable or truncate (to 1 block or something) the /RAM drive? // CHRIS "Chris M" <chris@sorry.no.spam.com> wrote in message news:rid970huq43chlrqokl9tq0m5t0oo7u7ol@4ax.com... > > Hi- > > Thanks to everyone that's replied to my previous posts. > The help has been great, and I'm l...

Newbie Question (Was: Newbie Question...)
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestion. Every one of them has enlightned me a lot. I suppose I will use the "find" subroutine I wrote modifiied as Jugoslav suggested (in a module), or the function proposed by David (the solution proposed by David is far more intuitive and useful than mine). I still have some problem with the PACK function (as suggested by Paul & Richard & Michel), but maybe is because here at work I only have digital visual fortran 6.0 (Mathworks says that is enormously bugged), or maybe because I'm so stupid I've made mistakes again... So I have t...

If last question--data question
Hello, I have a little question concerning a "if last" question. I have.... herdcode string testdate 427500065 99 09/20/03 427500065 01 11/14/03=20 427500065 02 11/14/03=20 427500065 90 11/14/03 I need.... herdcode string testdate 427500065 01 11/14/03=20 427500065 02 11/14/03=20 427500065 90 11/14/03 I've tried if last.XXX but am loosing the string 01 and 02. I've tried = the nodup key but not wor...

erb question (was eruby question)
Ok, sorry about that...I meant Tiny eruby (erb2). I guess I'm a little confused.��How�can�I�setup�ERB2�to�process�.rhtml files without using mod_ruby? (I want it to run as a standard cgi app -- I'm going to run it under abyss webserver to be exact). Thanks for the replies before but I stated the wrong module. Greg B. ...

[newbie question] A question about BLOCK
The exercise 10-5 ( http://www.forth.com/starting-forth/sf10/sf10.html ) is suggesting, that the method offered by BLOCK could be cheap way to use huge amounts of memory (terabyte HDDs are not that expensive nowadays). Of course I realize, there'll be slower access, than to real RAM. But there's one doubt: BLOCK returns an address of the "first byte in the given block", and that address - to make the access to data "transparent", whether it found its place in RAM, or on HDD - is taken from address range, which seems to be limited by cell size. Does it mean, that -...

shell question
Hi, all - if I am covering old ground, apologies - Working with vb6 under XP (SP2, if that is relevant) 1) is there any way other than a loop to count the number of files in a directory? This code works but is kind of annoying to have to execute: dim i as integer dim theDir as string dim fName as string i = 0 fname = Dir(theDir) while fname <> "" i = i+1 fname = Dir wend 2) I am ignorant (and have not located information to inform me) of the syntax for executing a command (batch file would be fine) from within a ...