change default printer to network printer

Guys,

I need help . I am using vb5. I am try to print one report
@ two different location. 1) is default and 2) is on network.

I am trying to set network printer as default for second time.

The program was written in win98 and it is working good. but we are try
to update all the computers for XP.

Thanks for help

Bharat Parekh

bharatp (1)

You can grab my printer swtich code here:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html
--
Albert D. Kallal   (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
kallal (427)

After the default printer has been changed by code in Access 2003, the application still directs a report to the former default printer.
Could someone please help? I am using the 'defaultprt.zip' tool provided by Ken Getz to change the default printer via VBA code (code below). My problem is that once the default printer has been changed, Access 2003 still directs the report to the former default printer. Access 2003 picks up the new default printer setting only after I have reopened the application. I have checked the default printer setting in the OS control panel and the code works well. This problem also occurs when an Access 2003 application is open and one changes the default printer manually in the control panel (Windows 2000). To me it seems that Access 2003 picks up the default printer setting once at Application Start-up only. Is there a way that I can force Access to "refresh" the default printer after I have changed it by code without closing/reopening the application? THANKS Code to SET DEFAULT PRINTER by Ken Getz: Option Compare Database 'Use database order for string comparisons Option Explicit ' Code from: ' Microsoft Access 95 How-To ' (c) 1998 Ken Getz and Paul Litwin ' All rights reserved. ' You may only use this code as part of an application ' that requires its use. You must including this ' notice intact. You may not distribute the code ' as your own work, nor can you distribute the ' code on its own. Private Function BuildName(dr As aht_tagDeviceRec) As Variant ' Build up the string in the format: ' HP Lase...

Access randomly changed paper size for default printer
Greetings all! My problem is this. I've installed a new printer on my computer. This is the "default printer" for access. Now, some of my reports, which were working fine with the old printer, are now showing up with an odd view (very enlarged) in preview. If I go to page setup, and choose specific printer to then look at the paper size listed in my default printer, it shows Hegaki Card 100mmX148mm instead of letter. It seems as though if I change it, save the report (with the specific printer) and then switch back to the default printer and save again it's ok, but this seems like an awful lot of messing around. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but would appreciate some help. BTW- if I look at the printer settings from windows printers and faxes, the default is letter. The reports are also showing letter if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance. PS... I forgot to mention I'm using Access 2003 SP2 Thanks again On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:24:59 -0800 (PST), brianflannery@tds.net wrote: >Greetings all! > >My problem is this. I've installed a new printer on my computer. >This is the "default printer" for access. Now, some of my reports, >which were working fine with the old printer, are now showing up with >an odd view (very enlarged) in preview. If I go to page setup, and >choose specific printer to then look at the paper size listed in my >default printer, it shows Hegaki Card 100mmX148mm i...

Searching for app that changes default printer depending on WIFI network connection
I use my laptop at home, school and my office. I am trying to find a software app that will automatically change my default printer in Windows XP depending on the wifi network I am connected to. See http://www.mobilenetswitch.com/ This will do what you require and also switch shares, network settings etc. between multiple sites... Works great on my Thinkpad between home and various Uni locations.... Guy Joe Blo wrote: > I use my laptop at home, school and my office. > I am trying to find a software app that will automatically change my > default printer in Windows XP depending o...

Only allow a printer server on network printer
How can I set up a network printer to only use a printer server from WinNT or Win2000 servers if the printer is network enabled (say an HP printer with a JetDirect card and its own IP)? Is it configurable through the JetAdmin utility? Do I have to setup a filtering firewall perhaps to the printer? TIA Patrick ...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Change default printer
I have an application I'm working on in Delphi 5 (Win 2k) and I want to create a report which I can fax to various recipients. Creating the report is easy (I'm using Quick Reports), but I want to change the default printer driver and force the system to use a specific one (which is a fax driver), which will not be the Windows default printer. It should however, be set up the same on each PC so I will initially want to aim for that (and handle errors later). The problem is forcing it to use a specific printer driver. There aren't any obvious options in Quick Reports, so I ...

change default printer
Hello! i amn trying to add a Visuail basic 6 code to an excisting code that has the purpose to change the current default printer to another printer by name and then after the printer to change back to the old default printer again... Anyone knows how to do this easy?? http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/system/defaultprinter.htm http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/system/setdefaultprinter.htm -- Randy Birch MS MVP Visual Basic http://vbnet.mvps.org/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Read. Decide. Sign the petition to Microsoft. http://classicvb.org/petition/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "goJoe" <goJoe@yahoo.dk> wrote in message news:439ad5fc$0$47032$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... : Hello! : i amn trying to add a Visuail basic 6 code to an excisting code that has the : purpose to change the current default printer to another printer by name and : then after the printer to change back to the old default printer again... : : Anyone knows how to do this easy?? : : ...

get printer status and change path of printer
Hello, Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem: I want to manage printjobs by an dotnet application. For this I use the ActiveDS reference. Using this reference, how can I: * find the printerstatus (not the job status) * Change the destination of the printjobs? So change it from: \\domain\server\printer1 to \\domain\server\printer2 Any help would be appreciated Regards, Jurgen On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:26:09 +0100, "Jurgen Oerlemans" <jurgen.oerlemans@envirolab_remove_.nl> wrote: >Hello, > >Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem: ...

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer > > =A0 =A0 Dim prt As Printer > =A0 =A0 Set prt =3D Application.Printers(0) > > but it doesn't > and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight > possible printers > so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default > printer' =A0but I can't find one > > is there a way to do this ? looks like this will do it application.Printer.DeviceName and application.printer also has a rightMargin setting so ?application.printer.RightMargin 360 how does 360 relate to a 1" margin if I change the margin using application.Printer.RightMargin =3D 200 will it apply to any reports that are printed or export to pdf (access2010) On Nov 9, 6:27=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: ...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

Change Default Printer Setting?
I'd like to change the default printer setting "Print Quality" from Normal to Fast Draft. How is this done? Option-Select'ing the menu choice doesn't seem to work. Or is it different for every printer driver? In other words, should I be calling HP? Stu (who hopes you are all well) NP: When It Was Now by Weather Report G'day Stu, A bit more info (type of Mac, what OS (9? 10.2.x? 10.3.x? 10.4?) and what type of HP printer would help generate more help ... But still, I have a G3 iMac running 10.3.9, with an HP psc 1210. Nothing I could do would change the def...

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

Problem changing default printer
I have to add one or more printers to to the profile of a user logged onto a remote computer. I've done this by updating the HKCU registry settings. This part works fine. I also have installed a utility on the remote computer that the user will execute to change the default printer to one of the newly installed printers. This is where I encounter problems. When the use executes the utility, it will NOT change the default printer. But if the user restarts the computer and executes the utility, the default printer will be successfully changed. So, my question is why the compu...

Password to access network printer?
Does anyone know of a way to require a user to submit a password to get his print job printed...either a native Windows trick or 3rd party software, I'd like to know. Stonewall SignatureLen Ralph Stonewall Digital 1931 Appleton Place Victoria, BC V8N 3A3 (250) 386.8645 (250) 208.0087 ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

How to give print command to netwok printer and default printer togather
Hi all I have developed on desktop application in Visual Basic for Hotel Management and my client requires multiple printing options here I have multiple printers first default printer which directly connected with source PC other one is in network. The situation is when user give the print command he must be select one respective printer which is in network and secondary printer is default printer which directly connected with source PC now if he give print command, print job should be done by both printers (first Respective selected network printer and default printer) Could any one give ...

MS Access Database Network Path
Hi, I have some MDB (MS Access 2000) files on our server. It is small application created by one of our employee long time ago. I see this application is on Network Drive G: and H: (both drive has same databases, I don't know why). When user accesses this aplication it opens Timecard.MDB from H: drive. (when I disconnect computer from Network I get error saying couldn't find H: Drive). I have copied all these MDBs to my XP computer on my local C:\AccessDB folder, when I try to open it opens and let me access the Database but again when I disconnect my computer from network I get message saying "Disk or Network Error". Can somebody help me how to change the path of MDB application from H: to C:. Thanks, Mukesh It's not magic which path to use for an Access application. The path will be contained in the desktop shortcut, or in your command line if you use that approach, or determined from the folder in which you double-click the application. It is possible, I suppose, that the implied workgroup file is not used if you are the only user, and would have been created on drive H:, but you don't have delete permissions? Anyway, assuming you have access to the MDB source, you can get a third party tool such as Find & Replace (from www.rickworld.com) or Speed Ferret (from www.moshannon.com) and search to see if you find "H:" coded in the database. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP <mukeshhtrivedi@gmail.com> wrote in me...

Default Printer in report set by Access and not by me
Hi there, I have created an Access 2002 db which contains several reports. Some reports need to be printed on a Laserjet and others on a Labelprinter. One of my clients wants to be able to print the same reports to 3 different laserjets and to 3 different labelprinters. (They work with the db on 3 different units each with their own Laserjet and Labelprinter) For each unit there is a copy of all the reports. The client can make a unit profile in which the specific printers for that unit are defined. When the client wants to print a report, I check whether the printer defined for the unit is t...

Networking problem: Default printer switching?
At my work there are two printers of the same type (HP PSC1350) hooke up on the same network. The one in my boss's office is used for hi computer and the other one is used on one of the other offices. Th problem is that quite often, when he is using his computer, it wil start installing the printer drivers for the other printer and it wil automatically change the other printer to his default printer. How d we keep this from happening? How can we make sure that his compute will not keep switching default printers -- BadymaruPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces Install ...

default printer on toolbar in access 2002
hi all, i have a problem with a network database that's used by a lot of people. people are finding, they will start the database, and if the mouse is moved over the print icon, the tooltip appears to show which printer it will print to as normal. this printer however is a printer that the user doesn't even have installed. if they however click file > print, they can print to their default printer or any printer that they have installed. any ideas what would be causing this, and possibly how to fix it? thanks everyone. Suggestions: 1. Make sure the Name AutoCorrect boxes are unchecked under: Tools | Options | General Then compact the database: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/repair Explanation of why: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html The link regarding printers and report is just one of those problems. 2. Open the report in design view. Choose Page Setup from the File menu. On the middle tab, make sure the report is set for: Default Printer not a specific printer. 3. If the problem still exists, open the database on a computer that displays this problem, and open the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G). Enter: ? Printer.DeviceName This will tell you if the Printer object in Access 2002 is set to something different than the Windows Default Printer. Setting the Printer to the correct member of the Printers collection should solve the problem. 4. If there are multiple users in this database, split the database so each user has their ow...

Networking problem: Default printer switching?
At my work there are two printers of the same type (HP PSC1350) hooke up on the same network. The one in my boss's office is used for hi computer and the other one is used on one of the other offices. Th problem is that quite often, when he is using his computer, it wil start installing the printer drivers for the other printer and it wil automatically change the other printer to his default printer. How d we keep this from happening? How can we make sure that his compute will not keep switching default printers -- BadymaruPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces Install ...

Using receipt printer in MS ACCESS
Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one before I have some questions. 1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4 size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt printer should print company details with five items and a total figure and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code in access, can you please show me the code or the link. 2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory. 3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application. Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated. hasanainf@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help > > My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one > before I have some questions. > > 1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4 > siz...

Web resources about - change default printer to network printer - comp.databases.ms-access

Credit default swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sovereign credit default swap prices of selected European countries (2010-2011). The left axis is basis points, or 100ths of a percent; a level ...

INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings
INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Tab applications for musicians look to innovate after Facebook removes default landing function
... landing tabs. Most page applications have experienced significant drops in daily and monthly active users now that Facebook removed the default ...

Google AdWords Regional Targeting (Default for US) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Tamar Weinberg's photos on Flickr. Tamar Weinberg has uploaded 4087 photos to Flickr.

[3DS] Bravely Default: AR (English Subs) - YouTube
Turn on Annotations For Subs -May redo them as real CC subtitles- ★EDIT☆ ☆上から撮影した映像はこちら ★The top view video is here http://www.youtube.com/w ...

Default password leaves tens of thousands of Optus cable subscribers at risk
When Alex* found flaw in his cable modem that allowed anyone to receive and make calls using his number, his jaw dropped.

Chrome 49 released to stable channel, smooth scrolling now enabled by default
Chrome 49 is rolling out now to Mac, Windows, and Linux. The latest version of the browser contains the usual bug and security fixes, but this ...