Combo Box to List Box

I have a combo box that gets it's values from a table.  For example:

ID   Name
1    Book
2    Magazine
3    Novel

I have a list box that displays a list of records.  When the user adds
the record a want the list box to be updated with the values from my
fields including the combo box.  The problem is, the value of the
combo box (depending on the selection) is 1, 2, or 3 and that is what
is displayed in the list box.  I know it is an easy problem, but how
do I get the list box to display 'Book' instead of 1.
0
jrh04009 (2)

The default property .Value of the ComboBox is .Column(0) To refer to any of
the other columns use the index (zero based): Something like:

Me.TextBox = Me.ComboBox.Columns(1)

Rich Harrington - Prairie State College MIS
      rharringN.0.$-P.@.m@covad.net
              http://www.dbko.com
       you're gonna need a bigger boat...

-30-
"Jeremy R. Harner" <jrh04009@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a combo box that gets it's values from a table.  For example:
>
> ID   Name
> 1    Book
> 2    Magazine
> 3    Novel
>
> I have a list box that displays a list of records.  When the user adds
> the record a want the list box to be updated with the values from my
> fields including the combo box.  The problem is, the value of the
> combo box (depending on the selection) is 1, 2, or 3 and that is what
> is displayed in the list box.  I know it is an easy problem, but how
> do I get the list box to display 'Book' instead of 1.

0
M5723 (12)
6/26/2003 3:57:11 PM
Depending on how developed your database already is a very simple
solution would be to remove the ID field as your primary key and just
set the Name field as your primary key.  I do that a lot for small
lookup tables like this because it removes at least one table out of
every query you build.

Just a suggestion.

jrh04009@hotmail.com (Jeremy R. Harner) wrote in message news:<1d0511ec.0306260607.21695e0e@posting.google.com>...
> I have a combo box that gets it's values from a table.  For example:
>
> ID   Name
> 1    Book
> 2    Magazine
> 3    Novel
>
> I have a list box that displays a list of records.  When the user adds
> the record a want the list box to be updated with the values from my
> fields including the combo box.  The problem is, the value of the
> combo box (depending on the selection) is 1, 2, or 3 and that is what
> is displayed in the list box.  I know it is an easy problem, but how
> do I get the list box to display 'Book' instead of 1.
0
freemans (3)
6/26/2003 7:03:01 PM
jrh04009@hotmail.com (Jeremy R. Harner) wrote:

>I have a combo box that gets it's values from a table.  For example:
>
>ID   Name
>1    Book
>2    Magazine
>3    Novel
>
>I have a list box that displays a list of records.  When the user adds
>the record a want the list box to be updated with the values from my
>fields including the combo box.  The problem is, the value of the
>combo box (depending on the selection) is 1, 2, or 3 and that is what
>is displayed in the list box.  I know it is an easy problem, but how
>do I get the list box to display 'Book' instead of 1.

You could have a keyword table. You'd have three records, the text
above, and would just run a SELECT name FROM table WHERE ID=
0
102334.12 (45)

MS-Access Combo Box To List
Hi Group, I was trying to link a combo box with a list control and having some trouble with that. Could anyone please help me with that. Here's the example of the scenario. Combo Box ;- Country_Names (Pulls values from the country table(Just the country_name value)) (Each country will have a table by itself, For Example USA will be a table and it will have fields like "Area", Population", "States", "Major Cities", "Males", "Females"...etc." the fields vary from country to country. USA will have 20 Fields where as Japan will have just 18 fields and UK will have 15 only.) ListViewCtrl:- (This will display the fields pertaining to every country. For Example,If I chose USA in the "Country_Name" Combo box then fields in the USA table needs to be displayed here. I'm kind of having trouble to link these two controls "Combo Box" and "ListCtrlView". Could anyone please help me with this. OR is there any other way to do this? All suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks Arun On 8 May 2006 12:28:14 -0700, "Arun" <arunachalam.arcot@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Group, > >I was trying to link a combo box with a list control and having some >trouble with that. Could anyone please help me with that. Here's the >example of the scenario. > >Combo Box ;- Country_Names (Pulls values from the country table(Just >the country_name value)) > >(Each c...

Access 2003 post SP3 hotfix
"Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3." And a few more problems SP3 introduced. Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ Tony Toews [MVP] wrote: > "Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or > incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service > Pack 3." And a few more problems SP3 introduced. > > Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: > December 18, 2007 > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 > > Tony Maybe SP3 was released to get people to move to A2007. On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:25:21 -0800, Salad <oil@vinegar.com> wrote: No, that was A2007 SP1. It's no conspiracy theory to think that many people wait until the first service pack before they adopt a new version. The same is happening with Vista. -Tom. <clip> > >Maybe SP3 was released to get people to move to A2007. Tom van Stiphout wrote: > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:25:21 -0800, Sala...

Changing combo box list based on another combo box selection
I have a continuous form that has one combo box (cbo1) with the selectable values of "Removal" and "Installation". I would like to change another combo box (cbo2) value list based on the selection in cbo1. For example, when the user selects "Removal" from cbo1 I would like the value list of cbo2 to be one set of values and when "Installation" is selected in cbo1 I would like the value list of cbo2 to be a different set of values. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Troy Lee troy_lee@comcast.net wrote: > I have a continuous form that has one combo box (cbo1) with the > selectable values of "Removal" and "Installation". I would like to > change another combo box (cbo2) value list based on the selection in > cbo1. > > For example, when the user selects "Removal" from cbo1 I would like > the value list of cbo2 to be one set of values and when "Installation" > is selected in cbo1 I would like the value list of cbo2 to be a > different set of values. > > Is this possible? > > Thanks in advance. > > Troy Lee Sometimes cbo2's rowsoure might be "Select fld from table where id = " & cbo1 In this case, in the AfterUpdate event of cbo1 you'd enter Me.cbo2.Requery You might have to change the rowsource in other cases If me.cbo1 = "Install" then Me.cbo2.rowsource = "Select fld from table1" Else Me.cbo2.row...

Fill combo/list box based on previous combo box selection?
I am fairly new to database design and am having some difficulty getting my combo boxes to work as I'd like them to. I would like to create a form with two combo boxes; the first one would select �JobNum' from my master job table and the second would select a �Supt' associated with the selected JobNum. My tables are setup like this: -tblEmp: Emp# (PRIMARY KEY), EmpName, etc. -tblSupt: SuptEmp#, Job# -tblInjury: InjuredEmp#, Job#, Supt#, etc. -tblJob: Job# (PRIMARY KEY), JobName, etc. How can I setup my two combo boxes so that: Combo Box 1 selects Job# from the list of Job#'s? I can get this far, but a can't seem to tackle the AfterUpdate event in order to successfully populate the 2nd combo box. And Combo Box 2 selects an associated Supt#, a list populated from the selection in Combo Box 1? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Nick Nick, If I understand you right, you want to select a Job# and have the second combo box update to show Supt#'s for the selected Job#. This is what I would do. This is done using a form. Since you have the Job# combo box working let's look at the Supt# combo. Create the Supt# combo like normal. Then go to the properties of the Supt# combo and go to the data tab. Then goto row source and click the build button. From here you can add the Job# field from your tblSupt to the design grid and set the criteria to the Job# combo box on your form. This will tell t...

value in list box or combo box
i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty there are no records in it . On Apr 12, 10:29 am, "access baby" <nishkr...@gmail.com> wrote: > i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i > have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box > should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i > create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty > there are no records in it . It's best to create the combobox seperately, as when you create it, a wizard will appear giving you options. When you change a textbox to a combobox these options that are usually inputted in the wizard, are unknown and thus it doesn't work. Try creating a combobox from the toolbox and read all the options carefully, and it will also ask you what record source to pull from. On Apr 12, 10:29 am, "access baby" <nishkr...@gmail.com> wrote: > i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i > have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box > should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i > create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty &...

multi item combo boxes or list box
I am new to Access having used Filemaker for many years. My question has to do with displaying and creating a line item database. What I have is a two tables. One has Name, Location, time, disposition and Offense. The second has Offenses and Description of Offenses. I want to display, on a form, all the fields in table one with the Offense field, a drop down, combo box or list box, able to display more than one item. For example, if the user chooses in the drop down box 59FC, then 59FA, then 59NS. These would show on the form all the choices, preferably under each other. I am thinking a third table, a line item table, may need to be created to store the data for report purposes. But I will figure that out. Anyway, any suggestions? vincent Sample of what I am looking for: Name Location Time Dispositon Offense john 123 anywhere 10:00 Weeds 59FB 59FC 59FA vpettes@las-cruces.org wrote: > I am new to Access having used Filemaker for many years. My question > has to do with displaying and creating a line item database. What I > have is a two tables. One has Name, Location, time, disposition and > Offense. The second has Offenses and Description of Offenses. I want to > display, on a form, all the fields in table one with the Offense field, > a drop down, combo box or list box, able to display more than one item. > For example, if the user choose...

Filter List Box using Combo Box on a form
I've read some posts similar to this, but the SQL does not seem to have the desired effect in my form. I'm trying to filter a list box (lstOfficeClass) using a combo box (cbxProfitCenter). The list box rowsource is a table (OfficeClasses) that contains all the text fields "OfficeClass". The table also has corresponding text fields "ProfitCenter". I've entered the following into the AfterUpdate event for the combo box: strsql = "SELECT OfficeClasses.OfficeClass FROM OfficeClasses ORDER BY OfficeClasses.OfficeClass WHERE OfficeClasses.ProfitCenter = " & cbxProfitCenter lstOfficeClass.RowSource = strsql When opening the form, all OfficeClass fields show as expected. After selecting a ProfitCenter in cbxProfitCenter, the list box goes blank. Thoughts? Generally it's easier to have the listbox reference the combobox from the outset. After you update the combobox requery the listbox. As has been discussed recently you can have the listbox criteria use a "like" statement and, via a union query, put an "*" in the listbox options. Good luck Tim Mills-Groninger On Jul 15, 9:31=A0am, pthe...@hotmail.com wrote: > I've read some posts similar to this, but the SQL does not seem to > have the desired effect in my form. > > I'm trying to filter a list box (lstOfficeClass) using a combo box > (cbxProfitCenter). =A0The list box rowsource is a table (OfficeClasses) > that contains all t...

selecting list box entry using a combo box
I have a combo box that lists street numbers. I also have a list box that lists street numbers and addresses (separately). I want to click on one of the street numbers and have the first item in the list box with that street number selected. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Deborah Hi Deborah, Not going to ask you “why use a listbox?”. But here goes… Use this air code in you combo box afterupdate event. Assuming both control in the same form. Me.ListBoxName.RowSource = “SELECT StreetNumber, Addresses,…..FROM Table1 Where StreetNumber = “ & Me.ComboxName I’m assuming your StreetNumber Datatype is “Number” as in your table properties. If they are “Text”, use quotes like… StreetNumber = ‘” & Me. ComboName & “’” >dgardner@twcny.rr.com wrote: >I have a combo box that lists street numbers. I also have a list box >that lists street numbers and addresses (separately). I want to click >on one of the street numbers and have the first item in the list box >with that street number selected. > >Any suggestions will be appreciated. > >Deborah -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200707/1 Thank you for your suggestion. It is obviously from your response that I was woefully inadequate in posing the question. Here is a second attempt. I hope I am clearer. I have a combo box listing towns. When I select a town, the next combo box ...

Requery Combo Box Clears All Combo Boxes
I have a subform that has a datasheet in it. In the datasheet I have multiple records. Each record has many textboxes and combo boxes. I have a particular combobox with 2 columns, Column 1 has the ID, Column 2 the description (The ID is hidden) (We will call this combobo cmbDescription). The combobox in question is dependend on a different combobox in the record (we eill call this combobox cmbCriteria) When I enter the cmbDescription I have some Code that goes like this. If Not IsNull(fldCriteris) Then GlobalCriteris = fldCriteria cmbDescription.Requery End If The cmbDescription uses the GlobalCriteria (i relize there is a better way but I have been tinkering with this for a while so it has changed over time) to filter what descriptions are available. When this happens it effects all the combo boxes above it in all the previous records and clears the combo box of its description but the ID is there but the description disappears. It only happens to this combo box because it has 2 columns and the second column (decription text) doesn't have a match when using the globalvariable I have been having many troubles since I can't figure out for the life of me how else to give the criteria to the query with a if in place (if null). Otherwise I would just reference the fldCriteria directly. I really need some help and can't figure it out. Thank you in advance. Bud ...

Problem with Ms Access List Box
When i add a string to Ms Access List box which contains coma "," in it the string is separated and added as separate rows -- sree Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Selection lists (combo boxes) and large databases
I'm testing a user's db that contains a very large number of records. I have an invoice screen, with an invoice select dropdown box that shows all invoices, and the customer's name, etc. With 80,000+ invoices in this particular db, clicking the dropdown is painfully slow accross a network only (I'm testing on a wireless, so it's even slower still). All fields are properly indexed, such as the invoice number (sort descending), etc. I've noticed the Top Values property of the stored query, and this seems basically useless. If you set it for top 5%, it does run the query much much faster, however, I was hoping when you scrolled down to the end of the 5% of the records, it would load the next 5%, but it doesn not appear to do this (which is why I say it's basically useless). Am I missing something? User's with smaller databases really find value in the invoice selection, and want it to show the customer as well, so I hate to lose it. Many Thanks, You might want to think about adding a combo box. The first could be for the customer. The next could be for the invoices. When a user picks a customer, build a dynamic SQL statement to select invoices only for the chosen customer. Using VBA code you can set this SQL statement to the Rowsource property of the combo box. Your code should look something like this... Sub ComboBox1_AfterUpdate() ComboBox2.RowSourceType = "Table/Query" ComboBox2.Rowsource = "S...

Referencing a toolbar combo box in MS Access
Is there a way to determine the value of a combobox that resides in a toolbar other than using CommandBars.ActionControl? I want a user to be able to change the combobox and be able to refer to the selected value later, not immediately, and without having to set a public variable. This refers to the toolbar when adding a combobox to the toolbar: CommandBars("myToolbarName").Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlComboBox) But what referes to the combobox once it's created? Any help is appreciated. LQ I found a way to do this for anyone who had the same question: '***START CODE*** Dim objBar As CommandBar, objCbo As CommandBarComboBox, myIndex As Integer Set objBar = Application.CommandBars("myToolbarName") Set objCbo = objBar.Controls("myComboName") myIndex = objCbo.ListIndex Set objCbo = Nothing Set objBar = Nothing '***END CODE*** laurenquantrell@hotmail.com (Lauren Quantrell) wrote in message news:<47e5bd72.0309040455.2143a9a2@posting.google.com>... > Is there a way to determine the value of a combobox that resides in a > toolbar other than using CommandBars.ActionControl? I want a user to > be able to change the combobox and be able to refer to the selected > value later, not immediately, and without having to set a public > variable. > This refers to the toolbar when adding a combobox to the toolbar: > CommandBars("myToolbarName").Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlComboBo...

Multiple Combo Boxes as well as multiple Multi select List Boxes to report
How would i print a report based on criteria selected from several Combo Boxes as well as multiple Multi Select List Boxes, that are located on the same form? I can get one Multi List Box, just not several, to report using this code i found - Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Handler Dim varItem As Variant 'Selected items Dim strWhere As String 'String to use as WhereCondition Dim strDescrip As String 'Description of WhereCondition Dim lngLen As Long 'Length of string Dim strDelim As String 'Delimiter for this field type. Dim strDoc As String 'Name of report to open. 'strDelim = """" 'Delimiter appropriate to field type. See note 1. strDoc = "Products by Category" With Me.lstCategory For Each varItem In .ItemsSelected If Not IsNull(varItem) Then strWhere = strWhere & strDelim & .ItemData(varItem) & strDelim & "," 'Build up the description from the text in the visible column. See note 2. strDescrip = strDescrip & """" & .Column(1, varItem) & """, " End If Next End With lngLen = Len(strWhere) - 1 If lngLen > 0 Then strWhere = "[CategoryID] IN (" & Left$(strWhere, lngLen) & ")"...

Making combo boxes change options in other combo boxes
Hi, On my form I have one field of "City", and this in turn needs to effect "Township". When township is selected, the next field is distance, and for every 'township' there are 2 distances available to pick. (i.e. Washington brings townships 1-5, then township #1 has distances of 23Miles or 36Miles). How do I: 1) Make sure when a city is selected, only the townships in that city show up in the next drop down box. 2) Once a township is selected, there are basically 2 options in the next drop down box that should show up. What's the best way to do this? Thanks much!! Howdy: Try searching for 'Synchronize Combo Boxes' in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. The article is different, depending on the version of Access you're using: '97 or earlier: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/98660/en-us 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209595/en-us 2002 or 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289670/en-us HTH, Jana http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm ...

How to reference one combo box from another combo box

combo boxes and check boxes
Hello, I am new to the advanced level of access, and I have quite a few changes to make to an existing database. The current database's main form needs to have additional check boxes added to it which in turn are meant to be linked to relevant tables and a combo box which hold relevant data specific for it. E.g. If checkbox1 is selected then, in the combo box, all the relevant data types would appear for checkbox1 from which the user can choose from. If checkbox2 is selected then the combo box would display the list of data types only relevant to it. I have created the check boxes and the relevant tables which will hold the information. I also would like to know how I can have only one check box selected at any time. I am aware of the options group, but is there another way? The Combo Box The current database design is such that there is a text box which needs to be converted to a combo box. All the information within the text box needs to be preserved. How would I preserve that data and make sure when converting to a combo box, only the new values will appear in the drop down list? The other thing I noticed is that when I created a new field within a table, it does not seem to appear in the field list. Hence when creating a check box I can't seem to point it to the right control source. Any help would be great. Thanks Srm.. Srm, This is a lot of questions for one post, but... I would use an option group. What's your reason for wanting to do some...

Text Box to List Box
Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have written a very detailed script to perform this task. The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a bandaid rather than re-write the process. The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty into a list box. You can do this however many times you need to, with the list box adding a new record each time. My script reads the listbox and works its magic, looping through each value. This is fine and all, but I'd really love to be able to cut-and-paste the original list into a text box, press a button and have that list parse out into the list box. I'm feeling a little fried at the moment, anyone got any code lying around that can perform this task? ManningFan wrote: > Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have > written a very detailed script to perform this task. > > The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. > I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a > bandaid rather than re-write the process. > > The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code > at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty > into a list box. You can do this however many t...

Populate 2nd list box from 1st list box choice
I have 1st list box from table Grain 2nd list box from related table Varieties, related by GrainID At the moment Grain listbox is on its own form and Variety listbox is on subform in Grain form. Variety form has all the costing records related to it in another subform. (3 deep) This all works for except that all the records in Variety are shown. By seleting Grain and then select Variety i get the correct results in the Costs subform. What i would like to do is only show records in Variety listbox that relate to the choice made in Grain listbox 2 things is it possible to have the 2 listboxes on the 1 form with 1 Costs subform? how do you get the Variety listbox to only show Varieties related to the Grain choice? Any help would be greatly appreciated See: Limit content of combo/list boxes at: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John M" <jonmit2@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:RWFLc.10766$K53.2044@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > I have 1st list box from table Grain > 2nd list box from related table Varieties, related by GrainID > > At the moment Grain listbox is on its own form and Variety listbox is on > subform in Grain form. > Variety form has all the costing records related to it in another subform. > (3 deep) > > This all works ...

List Box Set Focus Problem in MS Access 2003
I have a function that will search through a list box and select a variable. I can get the item in the list box to select, but I cannot get the list box to go to the selected item. So if the user identifies a variable at the bottom of the list, the list box may not show it. Works in Access2000. THIS SEEMS LIKE THIS WOULD BE A SIMPLE PROBLEM TO FIX. Had the exact same problem. I was typing in a text box, and having entries in a listbox select or deselect based on what was typed. In my case, I was allowing multi-select, so you may not have to do all this. Private Sub txtSearchPhysicians_Change() Dim sEntry As String Dim sSearch As String Dim inx As Integer Dim bFound As Boolean Dim iSelStart As Integer Dim iSelLength As Integer bFound = False ' Create sEntry and search for it sEntry = UCase(txtSearchPhysicians.Text & "") For inx = 0 To lstPhysicians.ListCount - 1 sSearch = Left(UCase(lstPhysicians.Column(2, inx)), Len(sEntry)) ' Embedded spaces are a problem sSearch = Replace(sSearch, " ", "_") If sEntry = sSearch And Len(sEntry) > 0 Then lstPhysicians.Selected(inx) = True If Not bFound Then bFound = True iSelStart = txtSearchPhysicians.SelStart iSelLength = txtSearchPhysicians.SelLength lstPhysicians.SetFocus ' This is the repositioning magic here. The First ..ListIndex call ' moves the listbox below the desired entry. This is to sh...

limiting values in a list box that is based on another list box
I currently have three list boxes on my form, the information on each one is determined on what was selected on the one before it. The problem I'm having is the information that is used is pulled from another program and is duplicated a lot. Example Type Make Model Car Ford Mustang Car Ford Focus Car Dodge Neon Truck Ford Ranger Truck Ford F-150 In the first list box it would allow you to pick from Car or Truck, the second list box would make you pick from Ford or Dodge, the problem I'm running into is that Ford will come up twice in the list box and Dodge once, I would like to limit it to only come up once. The code I'm using in the row source for the list box is as fallows. SELECT Products.ProductID, Products.Type, Products.Make FROM Products WHERE (((Products.Type)=Forms![Bound Combo Form]!LstType)) ORDER BY Products.Make; This is not the information I'm actually using just an example. Any help anybody could give me in limiting duplicate entries would be greatly appreciated. i think u should make 3 query for ur problem 1. group by type 2. query where type car = first input 3. query where type car = first input, and where make = second input hope this help u Hi Use SELECT DISTINCT in your query. It would work better to have 3 seperate queries: For the 1st Listbox: SELEC...

Update combo box when another combo box onchange event
Hi I'm just trying to use access for the first time. I have used mysql befor so I know i little about datebases. I have imported some tables into access and i have some querys too. Now I want to use one of the query to update a combobox whem I select an option in anoyher combobox. I can run the query but how do I get the result into the combobox? And how do I update it? If someone will answer Thanks in advance *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 24 Mar, 10:00, kalle <ka...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > > I'm just trying to use access for the first time. I have used mysql > befor so I know i little about datebases. > > I have imported some tables into access and i have some querys too. Now > I want to use one of the query to update a combobox whem I select an > option in anoyher combobox. > > I can run the query but how do I get the result into the combobox? And > how do I update it? > > If someone will answer You need to use the AfterUpdate or the OnChange event of the first combo box, use whatever values you need to construct the SQL, and then set the DataSource of the second combo box. Edward kalle wrote: > > Hi > > I'm just trying to use access for the first time. I have used mysql > befor so I know i little about datebases. > > I have imported some tables into access and i have some querys too. Now > I want to use one of the query to update a combobox whem...

Populate a combo box based on a selection in other combo box on same form
Hi all, In a project I am doing at work, we are producing different types of deliverables. Each deliverable has an occurance in tblDeliverable. Each deliverable has one or more versions, which are stored in tblVersion. Each version belongs to exactly one deliverable. We are doing some test work on the deliverables now, and when something is wrong we record an action (tblAction). Each action is done to exactly one deliverable. I have a form to edit the actions (frmAction). In this form I have a cboDeliverable with a lookup to tblDeliverable. This is how we registratie to what deliverable the action applies. When an action is finished, we would like to store the version of the deliverable where to the action was applied. I am trying to this with a cboVersion in the frmAction. I want the cboVersion to be populated with only versions that belong to the selected deliverable in cboDeliverable, but I can't figure out how to do that. Select Version_ID, Deliverable_ID from tblVersion where Deliverable_ID = Me!cboDeliverable When I open the form I get the message: "Enter parameter Value" "Me!cboDeliverable" I hope someone can help me out here... Thanks! Koen. Sounds like you're looking for dependent combo boxes. I've done this before using: combo box 1 with record type table/query and record source: for example, SELECT [code], [description] FROM [codes Query] WHERE parent_code in (select code from [codes query] where parent_code = 0...

Format x column of Combo Box/ List Box as a phone number &#8211; (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Having trouble in Access XP. I want to display the customers name, city and phone number in a Combo Box but the but the formatting is lost &#8211; eg (123) 456-7890 is displayed as 1234567890. Any idea how to format the control. From what I can see, the combo box has a format option but I am referring to the 3rd column. The results display properly within the underlying query&#8230; it&#8217;s the Combo Box that loses the formatting. Thoughts? Thank you Try using something like this in the RowSource of your Combo Box SELECT CusName, CusCity, Format([CusPhoneNumber],"(@@@) @@@-@") AS PhoneNo, CustomerID FROM Customers; Note that the bound column will be column 4 HTH Phil "Dman" <Derekst@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b5358ccf.0411151654.59e15095@posting.google.com... > Having trouble in Access XP. I want to display the customers name, > city and phone number in a Combo Box but the but the formatting is > lost &#8211; eg (123) 456-7890 is displayed as 1234567890. > > Any idea how to format the control. From what I can see, the combo > box has a format option but I am referring to the 3rd column. The > results display properly within the underlying query&#8230; it&#8217;s > the Combo Box that loses the formatting. > > Thoughts? Thank you Thank you. That worked perfectly. Thanks again. "Phil Stanton" <discussion@stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in message news...

How To Read Records From a Table to Populate in a List Box on a MS Access Form
Hey Friends I need to read records from a table and populate a list box with the same. Can Someone Plz Help me. "Vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:89a2f412.0312040531.36952b74@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > I need to read records from a table and populate a list box with the same. > Can Someone Plz Help me. Make the RowSource of the ListBox a SQL statement that retrieves what you want in the list. "SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField FROM SomeTable WHERE SomeCriteria" -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Web resources about - Combo Box to List Box - comp.databases.ms-access

Brave Combo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brave Combo is a polka / rock / worldbeat band based in Denton, Texas . Founded in 1979 by guitarist / keyboardist / accordionist Carl Finch ...

Facebook Analytics Combo: EdgeRank Checker Teams Up With Socialbakers
Two major providers of Facebook analytics have joined forces, as EdgeRank Checker announced Monday that it is teaming up with Socialbakers , ...

Sports + New Year’s Day a perfect combo
Happy new year! While millions of people across the globe celebrated New Year’s Eve on the town, January 1 presented the perfect opportunity ...

News Combo for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get News Combo on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BK Combo with Poutine - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

God Save the Combo ~ Evil Ryu Manifesto - YouTube
Spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/godsavethecombo Write-Up: http://tinyurl.com/godsavethecombo2 Music (in order of appearance): "バッハ...

Internode offers $99 combo plans
Internode has launched three $99 combo plans that bundle four services including broadband, IPTV, mobile voice and a traditional telephone line. ...

Canberra finals hopes depend on life without 'perfect' halves combo, says Billy Moore
Billy Moore believes Canberra's finals hopes rest on how they fare without their &quot;perfect&quot; halves duo&nbsp;Sam Williams and Blake Austin, ...

Killer, Dennis McGuire, gasps in Ohio execution with new drugs combo
AN OHIO killer gasped several times during his prolonged execution with the first use of a lethal injection process never before tried in the ...

The former French first lady Carla Bruni's dalliance with a Paris Combo
How Australian musician David Lewis, from Paris Combo, recorded an album with the former French first lady in secret.