command line utility for displaying table names of MS Access database

Can anyone point me to an existing utility or code template to write a
utility?  I want a command line utility, passing in the MDB filename,
producing a file (text or whatever) of tablenames and fieldnames.

On 10 Feb 2007 12:57:39 -0800, stephen.anderson@va.gov wrote:

If I really wanted a command-line utility, I might consider creating a
VBScript file (*.vbs by default) and running that using cscript.exe:
cscript c:\test.vbs -i:c:\test.mdb -o:c:\test.txt
I think the VBScript file can handle commandline arguments. From that
point, I would use DAO or ADOX to get the table information. Those
objects would be created using CreateObject. The FileSystemObject can
be used to create the output file.

-Tom.

>Can anyone point me to an existing utility or code template to write a
>utility?  I want a command line utility, passing in the MDB filename,
>producing a file (text or whatever) of tablenames and fieldnames.

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Displaying ODE image from MS Access database
Hi everyone, i've created a GUI to retrieve data from a MS Access database. One of the fields in the table is a ODE field named 'pix' which contains an attached image file. i'm trying to retrieve this image file from the GUI however, the displayed image is totally distorted. Below is a short excerpt of my code to retrieve and display the file. Can anyone please advise me ? Thanks for reading :) connA=database('sus','','') ping(connA) cursorA=exec(connA,['select pix from Test Where ID=252']); %pix and ID are fields , Test is a Tabl...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters?
Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run*; - - - The log - - 1636 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ 1638 1639 data pedResultadd ; 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = --------------------------------------------- 211 ERROR 211-185: Invalid data set name. 1641 1642 testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text 1643 ); Jean Baptiste, --- Jean Baptiste KAMGANG, Lead Data Manager - CDC Cameroon US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Mutengene, SouthWest Province Cameroon, Africa E mail: JBKamgang@cm.cdc.gov. Tel: + 237 3 335 1690 Fax: + 237 3 335 1692 Cell: + 237 9 984 79 14 --- .. Ca...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

Web resources about - command line utility for displaying table names of MS Access database - comp.databases.ms-access

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For these mammals, there is documented evidence of homosexual behavior of one or more of the following kinds: sexual behavior , courtship , affection ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

No charges for U.S. host for displaying high-capacity magazine on TV
NBC television journalist David Gregory won't face charges for displaying a high-capacity ammunition magazine on his "Meet the Press" news program ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Apple displaying Ferraris & other cars at WWDC hinting at CarPlay announcements
... 2014 Filed under: AAPL Company , iOS Continue reading more about AAPL Company and iOS at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple displaying ...