connect to AS400 using ADO...

Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400
table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN?

Thanks.

Matthew Wells
MWells@FirstByte.net

0
MWells1 (70)

Matthew Wells wrote:
> Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link
an AS400
> table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Matthew Wells
> MWells@FirstByte.net

Have a look at Carl Prothman's website.  He has examples of ADO/.NET
connections on his website
http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=87#OLEDBProviderForAS400FromIBM

0
pietlinden (2926)
4/8/2005 5:37:05 PM
Matthew Wells wrote:
> Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link
> an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Matthew Wells
> MWells@FirstByte.net

I don't know about ADO specifically, but I have never been able to do any
sort of connection to our AS400 (ISeries) without using a DSN. The problem I
run into is that I can find no entry in the connect string for the "System"
argument that works, and yet it also doesn't work if I leave that argument
out.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)
4/8/2005 5:39:05 PM
I've been able to open an ADO connection without a DSN, but not refresh a
table link.

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Matthew Wells wrote:
> > Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link
> > an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Matthew Wells
> > MWells@FirstByte.net
>
> I don't know about ADO specifically, but I have never been able to do any
> sort of connection to our AS400 (ISeries) without using a DSN. The problem
> run into is that I can find no entry in the connect string for the
"System"
> argument that works, and yet it also doesn't work if I leave that argument
> out.
>

> --
> I don't check the Email account attached
> to this message.     Send instead to...
> RBrandt    at       Hunter      dot      com

0
MWells1 (70)
4/8/2005 6:20:55 PM
I've been ablo to open a connection object and even use the connection to
open an ADO recordset.  I want to have my linked tables refresh the
connection string.  Right now they use the DSN, I want to get away from
that.  The website only gives connection object connection strings.  I tried
to add ";Table=tablename", but that didn't work.  I'm looking for the
connectionstring for the tabledef.

<pietlinden@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Matthew Wells wrote:
> > Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link
> an AS400
> > table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Matthew Wells
> > MWells@FirstByte.net
>
> Have a look at Carl Prothman's website.  He has examples of ADO/.NET
> connections on his website

http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=87#OLEDBProviderForAS400FromIBM

0
MWells1 (70)

how to close all connections to an access database using ADO
Hi all, Is there a way to close all connectionsto an mdb ? Before compacting and doing a backup of the database I wish to close all connections, including those made on other machines. The exe file does reside on the database server. I also thought all connections would create a corresponding ldb file. However the connections through the internet (using MS Remote Provider (RDS)) do not seem to create one ? How can I detect does and close those ? ...

ADO Connection Open fails with error -2147467259 when MS Access database under Source Safe
Immediately after generating the Access application from the Source Safe project I get: "-2147467259 Could not use ''; file already in use." If Access database closed and then reopened I get: "-2147467259 The database has been place in a state by user 'Admin' on machine ..... that prevents it from being opened or locked." This error will then persist - even past a machine reboot and compact and repair of both application db (without source safe removal) and 'server' db. If I remove the Access application from Source Safe the ADO connection opens fine. (Might have to close database and reopen it to get it working the first time after eliminating source safe.) I do not appear to be short on memory. Am using: Access 2003 with sp1 Source Safe 6.0d Windows XP Professional with sp2 Database in Access 2002-2003 format Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library I have isolated error in test database with just one table and one form. Test1 fails under source safe while Test2 - which avoids use of the offending open command -works regardless of use of source safe. Any illumination on this would be appreciated. I have found the Source Safe & Access combination hard going but I do not want to loose source code control. This issue has undermined my confidence in these tools yet again. Many thanks. GM Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub cmdTest1_Click() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim cnn As ADODB.Conne...

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

Connecting to MS-Access using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to connect to an Access MDB file using ActiveX from an OpenRoad program. Can someone tell me what files I need to use/register in Windows XP. Any other hints/clues would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

Using Access to Connect to Online Databases
Hello, I currently use GoDaddy as a host which allows me to create online Access databases. Here is what I am trying to do. A client has seven schools which they want me to create an online application for. They want a separate database and separate webpage for each of the seven schools. I have no trouble setting up the database and pushing the user submissions into the database. I now have the task of figuring out how I get the data to the school administrators who likely are not very fluent with computers. I really would rather not code up an administrators control panel from the ground up in PHP. Too much work, and, I have found, school administrators love to call every other day requesting changes. I don't want to constantly be reprogramming my code to meet their demands. So here was my thought. They all have Microsoft Access. I would love to be able to create a MDB file that automatically connects remotely to the Access database I have hosted on GoDaddy. That way I can design custom reports, queries, entry forms for manual entries or changes, etc. How would I go about doing this? I think this would be the best way. That way I can hand them an Access user manual and if they want changes they can make them. Worst case scenario I keep all the MDB files and make the modification to the report or query that they are requesting, email it to them, and immediately it reconnects to the online database remotely and they are set. Easy for me, easy for them. Two questions...

jdbc connection to MS access database
Im trying to connect my database. im using ms access when i try to execute my program it gives me this error i create my database by going to the odbc in the administrative tools. and when i try to execute my code it gives me this error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193) at Transit.main(Transit.java:16) and this is the code im using. try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); } catch(Exception e){ ...

MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity
I am new to MS Access database and want to accomplish following. I have a database and report in MS Access 2003. There are multiple users who wants to access and generate their respective reports (self help). Because of certain license restrictions they can not access 2003 installed on my PC. We have a shared drive with 2002 installed on it. I wanted to accomplish a connection between Access 2003 (my PC) and MS Access 2002 (shared drive). I wanted to have 10 mins data refresh in 2002. Finally users will connect to 2002 and generate their report. Please advice me on how to accomplish this. Any pointers, suggestions, guidance will be really appreciated. Thanks and Regards Piyush same program minus the prettier menu bar icons in A2K3. if you have multiple users accessing at the same time, i'd suggest you look into a front-end, back-end setup. should be able to get the details from the help file. Read the following article of mine..it should help: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/index.htm Note that you can run mixed clients. So, some can be access 2000, some can be access 2002, and some can be 2003.. If you follow the above instructions, all 3 versions can use, and share that data file... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com ...

connect to a database when using a proxy (to access the internet)
Hi, To connect remotely to a database I was using this code: my $dsn = "DBI:$driver:$database:name_of_the_database"; my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn,$user,$pass); And It worked. Now I use a proxy to access the internet. How can I however connect to the remote database? Thanks in advance, ver_for@yahoo.it wrote: > Hi, > > To connect remotely to a database I was using this code: > my $dsn = "DBI:$driver:$database:name_of_the_database"; > my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn,$user,$pass); > And It worked. > > Now I use a proxy to access the internet. How can I however connect to > the remote database? Have you read the documentation for the module you're using? perldoc DBI Searching through that for the word 'proxy' reveals this snippet: ================================================================== If the environment variable DBI_AUTOPROXY is defined (and the driver $data_source is not "Proxy") then the connect request will automatically be changed to: $ENV{DBI_AUTOPROXY};dsn=$data_source DBI_AUTOPROXY is typically set as "dbi:Proxy:hostname=...;port=...". If $ENV{DBI_AUTOPROXY} doesn't begin with 'dbi:' then "dbi:Proxy:" will be prepended to it first. See the DBD::Proxy documentation for more details. =================================================================== I suggest you follow the advice therein, and take a look at the DBD::Proxy documentation. Pa...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

ODBC Connection to AS400 using Microsoft Access
I established an ODBC connection to our AS400 via Access. However, little data is returned after I link the tables. I understand that the tables are "expanded" with folders and Access does not inherintely know how to look past the initial table. Our clients have a MBR, I do not know how to get Access to prompt for it. I can use Access very good, but not in a coding way. Also, I am very inexperienced with ODCB connections, so any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated! On 23-Feb-2012 11:35 , Jason Campbell wrote: > I established an ODBC connection to our AS400 via Access. ...

MS Access Connect to Sybase ASE database
Hi Expert Hope i point to the right grps, I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import the data. I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where can i get it.. I try www.sybase.com but not able to find the link to download the driver, only technical note, or any other's web site? Thank you and appreciate for your help, - Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin On Feb 20, 2:05=A0pm, "mohsin" <u31851@uwe> wrote: > Hi Expert > > Hope i point to the right grps, > > I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import = the > data. > > I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where = can > i get it.. > I trywww.sybase.combut not able to find the link to download the driver, > only technical note, > or any other's web site? > > Thank you and appreciate for your help, > - Mohsin > > -- > Cheers > Mohsin Go to www.sybase.com and search for Advantage ODBC Driver. The link is at the bottom of the page. ...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

Ms Access 2003 Project (.adp) database connection
Hi everybody, I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that possible? If so, what's the procedure to create it? Thank you for your help. gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote: > I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but > as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I > needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that > possible? Probably not in the way you describe. Access is not a database engine/server. It must use something else for those services. Typically an ADP uses a MS-SQL Server connected via ADO (although many of the connections and their charactertistics are arcane). This Server is entirely independent and separate from Access. An MDB uses JET which also hosts the Access application but it can link to many technologies through ODBC also. The AccDB of 2007 uses ACE which seems to be a very minimally modified JET with (not always) a new spelling. I'm trying to envision an ADP without MS-SQL server but so far the screen is just Snow and the sound intermittent scraps of "Fools Walk In, Where Wisemen Never Go". Then again there may be other Wisemen. On 4 Jan 2007 00:45:50 -0800, gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote: Not possible. You first need to install SQL Server, e.g. using a free download of the Express Edi...

Tutorial; Accessing MS SQL Database using C++!
hey! Im looking for a db tutoral which covers accessing a Microsoft SQL database on windows. I will be using VC++ if it matters. NO details just a basic introduction! Oracle DB access using C++ is also of interest! Thanks! -- Majk majk <msa_pub@softhome.net> wrote in message news:<BB7F5CCB.6D61%msa_pub@softhome.net>... > hey! > > Im looking for a db tutoral which covers accessing a Microsoft SQL database > on windows. I will be using VC++ if it matters. NO details just a basic > introduction! > > Oracle DB access using C++ is also of interest! > >...

Wanted: Programmer to modify MS Access database for web use
I have a Microsoft Access database I'd like to have completed. I need forms added to add, delete and modify customers, sales and products. If you can also do the additional modifications to interface to my website then that would be a bonus. ...

Database connectivity with MS Access in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
Hi All, I am developing a intra-company website. I am working in MS Visual Studio .NET, and am writing the code in VBScript. I have an MS Access database with which i want to connect. Once the connection is established, i want to retreive a particular record and display one particular field of the record in a text box. Given below is the concerned code snippet (the default.aspx.vb file): Partial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Submit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit.Click Dim Conn Dim rsAddRequest Dim val Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" Conn.Open(Server.MapPath("requests.mdb")) rsAddRequest = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rsAddRequest.CursorType = 2 rsAddRequest.LockType = 3 rsAddRequest.Open("Select * from request where TrackingID='RR0004'", Conn) Name.Text = rsAddRequest.Fields("RequesterName").ToString() rsAddRequest.Close() rsAddRequest = Nothing Conn = Nothing End Sub End Class The database is requests.mdb; the table is request, the field to be displayed is RequesterName and the text boc is named Name. The code given above diplays "System.__ComObject" in the text box. And, if i remove the .ToString() part, then the error generat...

ADO connection string for password-protected Access 2010 database
Hi Access experts, Does anyone know the ADO connection string used for connecting to a password-protected Access 2010 database? So far, I can successfully connect to a password-protected Access 2007 database but always fail for Access 2010 database. I think this is because the encryption scheme is different for Access 2010. Gay Double Penetration gaydoublepenetration.thumblogger.com/ After a cock of around savoring, i went i must be sucking his gay man with = wings, because his cell walked harder, ... Skinny Twinks Get Their Asses Fu= cked By Big Daddy Cocks =B7 Cum Blasting Fun With The Bigget Gay DVD Archiv= e On The Net .... They were then looking and really black, then vigorously = hot to the film. .. ...

HOW TO MAKE CONNECTION ON SQL SERVER USING MS ACCESS AS A PLATFORM
HELLO GUYS, anyone could help me on how to connect my MS access program to sql server for storage of data. i'll be using sql database instead of built in MS Access database. i have separate workstation for sql server and separate workstation for access program. please teach me the step by step procedure on how to do that. your help is very much appreciated. thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200801/1 ...

Wanted: Programmer to modify MS Access database for web use #2
I have a Microsoft Access database I'd like to have completed. I need forms added to add, delete and modify customers, sales and products. If you can also do the additional modifications to interface to my website then that would be a bonus. awetrwerewr@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a Microsoft Access database I'd like to have completed. I need > forms added to add, delete and modify customers, sales and products. If > you can also do the additional modifications to interface to my website > then that would be a bonus. > Suggest you take a look at my web site article on my experience doing such. I highly recommend ATAF and Raptier. They will generate what you need. http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/Documents/Microsoft%20Access%20Developer%20Transition%20to%20Internet.htm Bob ...

Using xtopdf and pypyodbc to publish MS Access database data to PDF
Wrote a program that lets you publish your MS Access database data to PDF, = using Python, ReportLab, xtopdf (my toolkit) and pypyodbc. Sharing it here. Link: http://jugad2.blogspot.in/2013/04/using-xtopdf-and-pypyodbc-to-publish-ms.h= tml Note: Saw some comments about my blog post on the Python Reddit, which made= me realize that I had not explained that similar code can be used to publi= sh data from any ODBC database (for which you have an ODBC driver, and whic= h is supported by pypyodbc), to PDF. All you have to do is change the conne= ction string in the code, and maybe a few other small tweaks for difference= s between SQL dialects of different RDBMS's. Enjoy. - Vasudev Ram www.dancingbison.com jugad2.blogspot.com ...

Web resources about - connect to AS400 using ADO... - comp.databases.ms-access

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Hillary Clinton's appearance on 'Broad City' is her latest attempt to connect with millennials
Surprise! Beyoncé Just Dropped a New Single — Complete With a Music Video The Totally Endearing Reason David Beckham Won't Stop Getting Tattoos ...

Apple rolls out redesigned Payments and Financial Reports view in iTunes Connect to developers
... is rolling out a small but useful improvement to developers today. It has overhauled the Payments and Financial Reports section of iTunes Connect ...

ClipCall Connects Users With Service Professionals Through Video
ClipCall has announced the official public launch of its app on iOS and Android. The video home repair app allows users to record videos of their ...

The State of Apple Music Connect
Dave Wiskus: If Connect is a social network, it fails miserably. There’s nothing inherently social about the experience, which feels more like ...

Inside the game-changing data center that connects Seattle to Asia
Puget Sound area companies Wave Broadband and Centeris could strengthen the region’s ties to the some of the world’s largest economies through ...

Hillary Clinton’s appearance on 'Broad City' is her latest attempt to connect with millennials
Hillary Clinton made a guest appearance on this week's episode of Comedy Central's “Broad City”, a show centered around two best friends, Ilana ...

“Solar Spring Break” Connects Students With Clean Power In Underserved Communities
... the task of installing rooftop solar for low-income families, and learning as they work. The program runs through March 25. Students will connect ...