Conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000

I know little about Access. I have a program that produces school reports
written in Access 97. When I try to run it in Access 2000 I keep getting the
following error message -
Compile error: Ambiguous name detected: Command4_Click
When the debugger starts the following line is highlighted -
Private Sub Command4 Click

Can anyone assist with this problem
Thanking you
Don Nethercott

Don,

Open your form in design view then click on the Code button in the toolbar at
the top of the screen. It's the only colored button and is at the left of the
Properties button. This opens the code module behind your form. Look down
through the subroutines there. You have two subroutines that begin with Private
Sub Command4 Click. One of them needs to be deleted.

--
                                         PC Datasheet
Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications

"Don Nethercott" <nethercott@kooee.com.au> wrote in message
> I know little about Access. I have a program that produces school reports
> written in Access 97. When I try to run it in Access 2000 I keep getting the
> following error message -
> Compile error: Ambiguous name detected: Command4_Click
> When the debugger starts the following line is highlighted -
> Private Sub Command4 Click
>
> Can anyone assist with this problem
> Thanking you
> Don Nethercott

0
nospam3319 (977)

Conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000 (or XP)
I'm having difficulty converting form 97 to 2000. Tables take forever to open in design mode (queries, too). I have heard that if I build form scratch instead of convert that the problem goes away. Anybody figure this one out? "Ken Abbott" <abbottk@post.harvard.edu> wrote in message news:ad4fa493.0310011007.73107d36@posting.google.com... > I'm having difficulty converting form 97 to 2000. Tables take forever > to open in design mode (queries, too). I have heard that if I build > form scratch instead of convert that the problem goes away. Anybody > fig...

From access 97 to access 2000
Hi, My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by Access 2000). However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format. These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component: DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb LANGDRIVER= OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE SYSTEM DATABASE= PASSWORD= Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the following error: Gen...

Access 97 Database converted to Access 2000
I converted an access97 Database to Access 2K and have discovered that none of the control buttons work. Is there a simple work around ? Thanks Omey The code will not work if your references are incorrect or missing, or if there are compile errors in the code. 1. Press Ctrl+G to open the Immediate window. 2. From the Tools menu, choose References. 3. Ensure check marks beside these libraries only: - Visual Basic for Applications - Microsoft Access 9.0 - Microsoft DAO 3.6 and make sure none of these has the word "MISSING". Close the dialog. 4. ...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") ******************************************* So what I'm basically trying to do open a database and then set a recordset to it so i can start manipulating data. The actual code is a bit more indepth than this, but this is basically the first few lines run. The program stops on the bit where I set the recordset. I've stepped through the code and the db has definately been opened and there is definately a table in the actual database, but I'm told there is a type mismatch when it gets to the recordset bit. any ideas? it really is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated, Ste SteveMc wrote: > Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. <snip> > ****************************************** > dim db as Database > Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") > > dim rspeople as recordset > set rspeople = db.openrecordse...

Should I upgrade from MS Access 97 to MS Access 2002
Hi guys My company has in one of their products used Access 97 and MS JET 3.5 for several years now. Should we move the database to Access 2002 -which we use now in other parts of the company and also upgrade the MS JET to the latest version? And what does MS JET do? Kjell Arne Johansen MS Jet is the database engine that comes with, and is, by default, used by Microsoft Access. If you aren't having any troubles with the Access 97 database, then there isn't any technical reason to change. There may be company political reasons if, say, the IT department only wants to have one ve...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000
What are the most important differences between Access 97 and Access 2000? If I look at a book about Access 97, what should I be aware of when I work in Access 2000? Lisa One thing you need to be aware of is that Access 2000 requires a fast machine to get acceptable response times during development. I'm not sure how this works exactly, but I think Access97 saves individual objects as you work on them, whereas Access2000 saves the whole project. This can turn your delightful computer that easily develops Access97 databases into a horrid slow-coach that grinds its way painfully from save to save in Access2000, getting steadily worse as the project gets bigger. I have had to upgrade to a new Pentium IV 1.8 gHz - it flies thru Access2000. Ray -- Access Solutions for College and University Student Administration ETIK - Electronic Tender Issue Kit - Create and Issue tenders electronically and receive the responses electronically when clients use the free Response Kit. Grab! - Uses your PowerPoint files to create presentations on-the-fly for demonstrations, displays, queue distractors, Point-of-Sale information www.bluebridge.com.au Lisa Henkel <lisahenkel@monad.net> wrote in message news:43b0960a.0308150550.9cd15f0@posting.google.com... > What are the most important differences between Access 97 and Access > 2000? If I look at a book about Access 97, what should I be aware of > when I work in Access 2000? > > Lisa lisahenkel@monad.net (Lisa Henkel...

Conversion: Access 2000 to Access 2003
All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for distribution but would like your input regarding Access as many of our group use it. I am concerned especially about linking to other Access databases. And about connecting to Dbo data. We also regularly connect to and from Excel files. All of our databases are rather small, and we do not share many, so SQL Server is not an issue. Looking forward to hearing your insight. As Lyle and David can attest to,...

Access 2000 ----> Access 97
Witam, Mam pytanie dotycz�ce konwersji z access 2000 do 97. Na co mam zwr�ci� uwag� przy projektowaniu bazy w a2k tak , aby docelowo mog�a pracowa� w a97 (np. split itp.) Czy A2000 zawiera du�o ulepsze� (czytaj: bajer�w) , kt�re mog� potencjalnie popsu� konwersj� do A97. Z g�ry dzi�kuj� za odpowiedzi i pozdrawiam, Pawe� Sorry for mischoosing the language version of the newsgroup. U�ytkownik "Pawe� "eGEO.pl"" <biuro@geodezja.biz> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:cael6m$n9$1@news.onet.pl... > Witam, > > Mam pytanie dotycz�ce konwersji z access 2000 do 97...

Upgrading Access 97 to Access 2000
Friends, I have just upgraded an Access 97 databae to Access 2000 with no problems. I used Win 98 as OS. I am now having problems if running the program on a Windows 2000 OS computer. I have noticed that a file set in the reference of my program links to msoffice\office\msacc8.olb while the new systems shows a reference to a newer msacc10.old file. Can you think of a way on how to fix this? I don't know if these files are part of a utility package or what. Is there a way I can fix this remotely since the problem is on a a different network than mine and cannot work on it! Help!!!! Paolo: Assuming that msoffice\office\msacc8.olb is on the system or that you can get it there you can fix this with no problem. But you need to put it on that system. Once you do that, in the module/design view goto references. Click browse and find msoffice\office\msacc8.olb Click OK. It will now be in the reference list. Make sure it is checked. Then use the arrow keys to move it above the version 10 file. I would then exit the db and start it again. If that was the cause of your problem this will fix it. Good Luck Ira Solomon On 6 Aug 2003 00:50:03 -0700, jprma@tin.it (Paolo) wrote: >Friends, >I have just upgraded an Access 97 databae to Access 2000 with no >problems. I used Win 98 as OS. >I am now having problems if running the program on a Windows 2000 OS >computer. >I have noticed that a file set in the reference of my ...

migrating from access 97 to access 2000
Hello, What is the best way to do this. I have many off-site locations with access 97 back-end databases. If I wish to go to access 2000, and don't want to manuall upgrade the back ends to access 2000, how do I automate this? If there isn't a way to do this through code, do I need to install to a different folder with a blank 2000 database, and manually import each table's data from the 97 database? Or is there an easier way? Many Thanks, "ARC" <andy@andyc.com> wrote: >What is the best way to do this. I have many off-site locations with access >97...

Linking from Access 2000 to Access 97
I have a database that I want to setup both an Access 97 and 2000 front-end to. When I link to the Access 97 database from Access 2000 I can't update/delete/or add data. I can only view it. However, when I link from 97 to 97 it works fine. Is there a way to make this work so that a 2000 front end can fully manipulate the data in a 97 backend? A2000 can have linked tables from an A97 mdb and the data in the tables can be edited, deleted and inserted. There must be something else happening. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://all...

MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000
Dear all, I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an Access 97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a solution. 1. The problem: Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are NOT displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly in Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the results correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN mode. 2. Background: -I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very ...

Access 97 Converted to 2000 refuses to work on other PC with Access 2000
Hi I have an Access 2000 database which was written in Access 97 and then converted to Access 2000. However I cannot run the Access database on another PC with just Access 2000. It keeps on complaining as if it is an unconverted database or that I must join the workgroup. No workgroups were set in the original Access 97 PC so how do you know which workgroup to join ? I have tried the Knowledge base articles Q241141 and Q 241230 to no avail. Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks Jozua ...

Any MS Access that is NOT MS Access in WinXP?
Hi all, I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I don't want to use Access anymore. I started looking for another database, but I found none. I already know (and used) MySQL and PostgreSQL (waiting 7.4), but as far as I know they are only daemon, and under windows they use a lot of memory and CPU time. It's like installing a Ferrari only to cross the road. Maybe an approach with loading the daemon at the start of the program, and quitting it at the end, but I don't know how it could work. Has anybody tried it? Or I can use a database solution with the full support of SQL, reliable, not memory-resident, and JAVA compatible (better JDBC). If a similar program does not exist, a java class may be enough, if it works! (I'd like to have the GUI and the possibility to work directly on the data without using Java, but if it is impossible...) Of course if everything could work also under linux, that wouldn't be too bad! :-) Do you know of any solution? Thank you, Duccio. Try hsqldb - 100% Java Database. http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/ "Duccio" <dmg1978@libero.it> wrote in message news:442cgvchha97g43he7hlrhr3clg4hm1d83@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in > Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I > don't w...

No access to .dbf files in access 97 after installing access 2003
Hello, I need to maintain an access97 database that is linked to dbf's, but after having installed access 2003, when I try to link a .dbf file to an access97 database, I only have access and odbc when the dialog box to choose the external table comes up. I tried going to control panel and change my office 97 setup. When I go to the data access option, dbf is grayed out with a checkmark in it and it states that dbf access is already installed. Yet, I don't have access to that option when trying to link my dbf table to the access97 database. Any way to get that option back on? Than...

Access 2000 query not working same as Access 97
We have a report based on a query that is called from a form. Nothing too special here. The query has 3 coulmns that are populated directly from values entered into entry fields on the form that calls the report using syntax such as "StartDate: [Forms]![frmRunRprts]![tbECHStartDt]" in the field value of the column. This also reads as "[Forms]![frmRunRprts]![tbECHStartDt] AS StartDate" in the SQL design view. Under Access 97 this returns values to the query result set and as a result the values appear on the report. Since upgrading to Access 2000, these columns are left...

Conversion Problem: Access 2000 to Access 2002
Please excuse my ignorance in this area, being an amateur Access user. I have an Access 2000 application which runs fine, however when I convert it to Access 2002 and run it, it comes up with repeated error messages, as for example in the code below when it reaches the line rst.Edit The message is: Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error: Method or data member not found. What is missing from my conversion? The code is as follows: Dim intdummy As Integer intdummy = tblcheck() Dim MyDb As Database Dim rst As Recordset Set MyDb = CurrentDb Set rst = MyDb.OpenRecordset("USysSecurity"...

Web resources about - Conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000 - comp.databases.ms-access

Gene conversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gene conversion is the process by which one DNA sequence replaces a homologous sequence such that the sequences become identical after the conversion ...

Personalized Notifications Can Increase Conversion Up to 300%
... to avoid sending generic push notifications to every user. By sending personalized notifications instead, companies can see their conversion ...

Ex-gay conversion therapy challenged in federal consumer fraud lawsuit
... a federal consumer fraud complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against People Can Change, an organization that practices ex-gay conversion ...

10 Copywriting Tips You Can Use Right Now To Boost Conversion Rates
Writing great content is quite possibly the quickest and most cost-effective way to increase your conversion rates. Great content creates engagement ...

Hail Caesar! The 'other' Roman Centurion conversion movie is a bizarre, self-satisfied mess
Martin Saunders went to see 'Hail Caesar!', and found the whole thing incredibly disappointing.

First Solar Achieves New Conversion Efficiency World Record For CdTe Solar PV Cells
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new conversion efficiency world record for cadmium-telluride solar photovoltaic cells ...

Andrew Cuomo announces regulations to prevent gay 'conversion therapy' - CNNPolitics.com
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Saturday announced regulations to prevent "conversion therapy," a practice aimed at changing an individual's sexual ...

What Is the Difference Between the Conversion and Recharacterization of an IRA?
... there are certain rules and tax implications you need to know about. Photo: www.TaxCredits.net . When it comes to IRAs, the terms "conversion" ...

Pay At The Pump Mobile App Could Eliminate Need For Costly EMV Conversions At Gas Stations
Gas stations and convenience stores have until Oct. 1, 2017 to replace mag swipe card readers with EMV or face the liability for fraud. A Finnish ...

TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam
TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam