conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000

hi access gurus

would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms
access 97 application to ms access 2000, like what are the problems to
be expected and how to handle it.

also would appreciate if anyone can give pointers on using VSS with ms
access 2000, how to handle multiuser issues when it comes to insert,
update and delete.

thanx in advance,

regards
bala
0
balkiicbe (16)

balkiicbe@yahoo.com (bala) wrote in message news:<b62a781b.0310080544.6d2a08fc@posting.google.com>...
> hi access gurus
>
> would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms
> access 97 application to ms access 2000, like what are the problems to
> be expected and how to handle it.
>
> also would appreciate if anyone can give pointers on using VSS with ms
> access 2000, how to handle multiuser issues when it comes to insert,
> update and delete.
>
> thanx in advance,
>
> regards
> bala

About the only thing that's seriously different when you upgrade from
97 to 2000 is that if you have any code behind your forms, 97 uses DAO
and 2000 uses ADO, so the ADO library is registered by default in
2000.  You'll just have to unregister it and register DAo 3.6 instead.
 Access should do the conversion for you...
0
pietlinden (2926)
10/8/2003 7:47:51 PM
hi Pieter

thanx for the information, well have used ADO in ms access 97 so i
think the conversion shouldn't be a problem.

take care and best of luck

regards
bala
0
balkiicbe (16)

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000
Dear all, I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an Access 97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a solution. 1. The problem: Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are NOT displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly in Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the results correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN mode. 2. Background: -I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very few changes. -The forms and reports are from the original Access 97 database -A few minor mods were made to the VBA code but none of this affects the reports. -I have checked the recordsets used by the charts in both 97 and 2000 versions and the data used is identical. Thus it appears to be something to do with how the chart 'object' is interpreting the recordset. The Access 97 database was using the following references -DAO 3.51. -Microsoft Access 8.0 object library The Access 2000 format db includes the following references -DAO 3.6 -Microsoft Access 8.0 object library Thanks in advance Nick J Sorry, A mistake in my previous post. The Access 2000 format db is using "Microsoft Access 9.0 object library", not 8.0 as previously posted. "NickJ" <johnsonn@unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message news:42df1572$1@news.unimelb.edu.au... &g...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Conversion of an MS Access application
I have built an MS Access Application under MS Office XP (but I also own MS Office 2000). I have split the application in the pure database tables and all the queries, forms, reports and macro's. Now i want to use this application for different foundations in the Netherlands but I want to secure my application so no one can change it, copy it or steal it from me. I always thought there was a kind of conversion tool that would translate the whole application into an EXE program. But I understood from the different discussions that I have to translate my MDB's to MDE's and add an Access run program to it. In this case I can in no way prevent people from stealing my database concept with all the tables and relations neither can I prevent them to copy things. Is there a better solution available somewhere and what does it cost? I am a very experienced computer user (since 1958) and PC user and consider myself as a database expert! Eagerly looking forward to any solutions On 25 Feb 2006 12:09:11 -0800, "Oldie" <ket@hiquad.demon.nl> wrote: Then you should know there is no such thing as perfect security. MDE protects against stealing your code: only the compiled version is there, and your app is probably not THAT important that someone would bother decompiling it. One option is to use Access security. Download, study, and fully understand the Access Security FAQ from microsoft.com before proceeding. Again as an expert you already know all of this,...

conversion -MS Access 2000
Hi! Is there a way to convert binary datatype to text? I have made link from Access to SQL server table. In that table one field is binary datatype. I would need to filter table by that field but I do not see anything in there at the moment. Please advice how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance, Lili ...

Web resources about - conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000 - comp.databases.ms-access

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...