Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010

How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010
file format?

According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/
convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx?
queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is
possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print
options only.

How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display?

My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms,
and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security
Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more
details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I
click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options
available.

Thank you for your help,
jfcby
0
jamesfc30 (8)

jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in
m:

> How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access
> 2010 file format?
>
> According to Microsoft
> (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/
> convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx?
> queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is
> possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the
> print options only.
>
> How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to
> display?

It's a bit confusing, as when you follow the instructions, after
opening the db you want to convert, it looks like the FILE tab is
already selected, but it's not -- you have to select it explicitly,
and then you should get a menu with that choices the cited article
describes.

> My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5
> forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the
> "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click
> for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before
> and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print
> options available.

You should go to the Trust Center and add the location of this
database to the trusted locations. You get there by choosing OPTIONS
on the FILE menu, then selecting TRUST CENTER.

contact via website only     http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/
0
David

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Nice video on Publishing Access 2010 database to Sharepoint 2010 Access services
http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/ Thanks for posting Bob. I'm not sure he enhanced his case by arguing that the problem with Access is when a second user tries to access the same data. Simplified to the point of inaccuracy. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bob Alston" <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CJVSm.17263$y%5.1718@newsfe03.iad... > http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/ ...

Convert Access 2010 to Access 2003 under windows 7
This is further information on my posting about converting Access 2010 to Access 2003 I have just removed and re-installed Office 2010 32 bit on my Windows 7 machine. If I create a completely blank database (Database9.AccDb) - no tables, no forms, no VBA and try to Save & Publish in Access 2003 format, I get an error message message "Could not use 'C:\Phil Data\Access\Database9.AccDb'; file already in use" . If I add any tables, the error is the same I have Access 2010 running under Windows XP on another machine, and the conversion of a genuine BE Db (Tables only) went without a hitch. Anyone else found the same problem? Phil Phil was thinking very hard : > This is further information on my posting about converting Access 2010 to > Access 2003 I have just removed and re-installed Office 2010 32 bit on my > Windows 7 machine. If I create a completely blank database (Database9.AccDb) > - no tables, no forms, no VBA and try to Save & Publish in Access 2003 > format, I get an error message message "Could not use 'C:\Phil > Data\Access\Database9.AccDb'; file already in use" . If I add any tables, the > error is the same > > I have Access 2010 running under Windows XP on another machine, and the > conversion of a genuine BE Db (Tables only) went without a hitch. Anyone else > found the same problem? Phil Sounds like a Windows 7 Permissions issue to me. Are you an Admin on this machine? Does the Folde...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.c...

Restricting User Access In Access 2010 Sharepoint With Hydrated Database
I am starting to use Access 2010 publishing to Sharepoint to allow users to use hydrated accdw database copies on laptops. They can run the apps disconnected from the internet and when they open the app and are connected to the internet, they can log in and sync both directions. I am using an Office 365 P1 account and will share the database with about 10-12 users in multiple countries. Several questions: 1) I only want the users to utilize the accdw application and not directly use the tables shown in Sharepoint. Is there any Sharepoint restrictions I can implement to restrict the users ability to directly use the tables shown on the Sharepoint web site? 2) I wish the accdw would function more as an MDE where the user cannot change things. I know I can start the database without the object interface being available. I can likely use the same capability to disable the use of the left shift key when opening. a) can I also revise the ribbon to omit the edit and design commands? b) other ways to lock down the accdw to make the user only have the ability to access the data via the application itself and not be able to change the code? 3) I know how to invite users to have access to the Sharepoint site a) Is it better to email the accdw as an attachment rather than introduce the user to the web site and give detailed instructions to download the accdw? It would seem so and also not introducing them to the web interface. b) Is th...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:...

Accessing Access

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed ---------------------------...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...

YARDI Database converter to ms-access?
i am in a real bind here.. all i have is some data files.. no longer have a copy of yardi.. and i need to convert that database to access?? anyone have any ideas? ...

Web resources about - Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010 - comp.databases.ms-access