Corruption Manifests In Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003

Can anyone cast any light on the following.  I have a database that I
have written in Access 2003 using 2000 file format. Everything was
working OK when running it under Access 2003 but when I tried running
it under Access 2000 if fell over when I tried to open some of the
reports.

I then tried opening it in Access 2003 again and it brought up the
message about saving a copy and repairing - but it wouldn't repair.  I
then decompiled, compacted and recompiled and it would run fine under
both versions of Access with no problems.

However after doing some changes using Access 2003 the same problem
appeared again and was fixed again as above.  Does anyone have any idea
what could be causing the corruption that only shows itself when I try
to run the database under Access 2000 after changes are made until I go
through the repair procedure outlined above.

0
cqdigital (532)

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Accessing Access

Create database in Access 2003 gets Access 2000 formatted DB
I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional Ed.). I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File Format". 1. Why did this happen? 2. Should I delete this database and start again? 3. I am not exactly sure what level of software the end user will be at (I am creating this database for use by someone else), but I have been assured that they have MS Access. Did I do something wrong here? Suggestions, please. Thanks, much. Sueb *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** No, you didn't do anything wrong. The default format for 2002 and 2003 is 2000. You can change it if you want by clicking Tools - Database Utilities - Convert. It would be a REALLY good idea if you would learn more about your enduser environment. There have, of course, been changes since 2000, and if your enduser is going to be using 2000 you would have to maintain the 2000 format, and make SURE you didn't use a 2002-2003 specific items (like the FileDialog, for example). "Susan Bricker" <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote in message news:42531ba2$1_2@127.0.0.1... >I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional > Ed.). I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened > with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File > Format". > > 1. Why did...

Access 2003 macros in Access 2000
Hey, I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! San wrote: > Hey, > > I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access > 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database > on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run > any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing > Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! You could try to create a new empty 2000 database window in the 2000 office workstation and then try to import the objects from the other access database you are trying to open. ...

Using Access 2003 package wizard to package a database for a Access 2000 client
I developed an access database in access 2003(keeping my database in the access 2000 format). It has been fully tested to be access 2000 compatible and works great. I am trying to package the final version however and when I tell it to create a shortcut it includeds the path to access 2003 in the shortcut C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ my client is running access 2000. I could not figure any way to change the access application folder loction in the access setup. it is assuming that since I have access 2003 the user of the appliaction does too. is there any way to fix this and still use the package wizard? This begs the question why would you need the runtime for this user if they already got a version of ms-access? Why not just email them the file, or perhaps use WinZip (it can remember the directory you zip to, and even create it for you.). In fact, you can create a self extracting zip file, and it will be a zillion times smaller then suing the package and deployment wizard to JUST TRANSFER a mdb file to that user. Unless the end user needs the a2003 runtime, then I see no reason at all to use the package wizard. Just zip and email the person the file!! You are not installing the runtime here, and obviously you don't need it...so I think you got the wrong tool here to just send a person a simple mdb file, and they already got ms-access installed (and, worse, a different version). You cannot effectually use, and install the a2003 runtime ...

Access 2000 vs. Access 2003
Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run on Access 2000? Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from the Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the Options dialog? I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and I've only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing Access 2003 on my development workstation. Do I need to install Access 2000 on my development workstation? I assume 2000 and 2003 will co-exist without any issues. Thanks in advance. deko wrote: > Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run > on Access 2000? Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from > the Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the > Options dialog? > > I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and > I've only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing > Access 2003 on my development workstation. Do I need to install > Access 2000 on my development workstation? I assume 2000 and 2003 > will co-exist without any issues. > > Thanks in advance. In addition to the file format you also have to avoid using any features that wered added in 2002 and 2003 that don't exist in 2000. Other than that you should be fine. Oh...and you won't be able to give them an MDE since 2003 can only make an MDE in the newer file format. -- I don't check t...

Conversion: Access 2000 to Access 2003
All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for distribution but would like your input regarding Access as many of our group use it. I am concerned especially about linking to other Access databases. And about connecting to Dbo data. We also regularly connect to and from Excel files. All of our databases are rather small, and we do not share many, so SQL Server is not an issue. Looking forward to hearing your insight. As Lyle and David can attest to, I've had a bad deal with Office 2003 on Windows XP. For whatever reason, Access 2003 imported about 5 times as many records as it was supposed to when working with ONE query only. No other queries displayed this problem. It seems to have something to do with Access' interaction with dBASE IV files. I don't know if this problem exists when using other types of external files. In a nutshell, it seems to me that you will probably have a number of problems at first, but you will eventually find them all and either be able to fix them or create workarounds for them. "Deb" <koplend@swbell.net> wrote in news:1134069789.188901.195630@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week > from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have > downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Statement works in Access 2000 but not Access 2003
The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) Any ideas? Thanks, Brian BerkshireGuy <bdaoust@yahoo.com> wrote: > The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same > database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. > > =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) > > Any ideas? I've had a few things not work when going from 2000->2003..... #Num! suggests an arithmetic problem (as is #Div!). Seperate out each part of your statement and display them in seperate controls. Check the values and make sure they are valid. -- regards, Bradley A Christian Response http://www.pastornet.net.au/response ...

Records corrupt in Access 2000+ but not Access 97
Following on from an earlier post... I can reliably corrupt a record by doing the following ... Open two separate but identical front ends on one PC each linking to the same back end. Edit a records in one front end and leave it unsaved. Edit the same record in the other front end and save the change. Save the change in the first front end - this pops up the Write Conflict message to which I click Save. About 10-20 seconds later, all fields in the record are replaced with |||||||||||||||||||||||||||. Sometimes this causes corruption of the file, sometimes not. Obviously saving a change to a record in 2 front ends is not a good thing to do, but should it corrupt the record? What is the point of the Write Conflict box if one of the options corrupts the record. Strange thing is, this happens when the front and back ends are in Access 2000 format or when the FE is 2003 and BE 2000. It never happens when the BE is A97 format, whether the FR is A97, 2000 or 2003. Has anyone experienced this? Why should clicking Save in the Write Conflict dialog reliably trash the record? Any why only 2000+? Owen Jenkins Hi, Owen. > Has anyone experienced this? Yes. But it's very, very rare. > Why should clicking Save in the Write Conflict dialog reliably trash the > record? It shouldn't. But it can if one is on an unstable network, or if some of the workstations have incompatible versions of the service packs for Jet 4.0. And it's more prone to corrupt...

Create Access 2000 MDB from Access 2003
I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not converted my databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I need to create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have to convert the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are my options? If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and A2k runtime will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install A2k on my machine? Is there another option? Thanks in advance. You can convert it back to A2K format after you build it. Tools -> Database Utilities -> Convert Database -> To Access 2000 File Format Kevin >>> KEMDignam<kmitchel@otsysinc.com> 4/12/2005 7:11:11 AM >>> >I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not >converted my >databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I >need to >create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have >to convert >the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are >my options? >If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and >A2k runtime >will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install >A2k on my >machine? Is there another option? > >Thanks in advance. Tools | Options allows you to specify "Save in Access 2000 Format" in Access 2003. In fact, that is the default choice. You should not have to convert, if that is set, to create an Access 2000 MDB with Access 2003. If, in fact, you mean a...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of the database in XP but with all the Tables removed and relinked to the 97 version. This solution is working well on the whole but there have been a couple of instances where that database has required a repair. The main problem we are still having is that my colleagues and I can no longer make any changes to the database while there are any users in. Is this a setting which we can change? For instance, on 97 you could alter a form in the live database and then save the altered form......XP doesn't seem to allow you to do that. Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks in Advance, John John, as you found, Access 2000 and later do a monolithic save, and there is no setting to override this. For other suggestions on adapting to the newer versions, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html (The monolithic save is...

A Query Expression That Works in Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003
I have the following query expression - Like Format(([Forms]![frmRunReports]![mm])) & "/*/" & ([Forms]! [frmRunReports]![yyyy]) which would translate to e.g. 04/*/2007 if someone is running a report for last month. The above expression is part of a Where clause for a date field. It works fine in Access 2000 and pulls out the appropriate # of records but in Access 2003, this expression (apparently) evaluates differently and no records are extracted. Is this an area that might've changed between Access 2000 and Access 2003 or ? Thanks for any suggestions and/or pointing me in the right direction. Sheldon Potolsky I wanted to add one more thing. The above behavior that I observed (see previous append) occurred on another user's PC running Access 2003. I just tried it from my PC running Access 2003 and it worked fine. This now leads me to think there may be a setting that I need to look for as opposed to a change in how Access 2000 and 2003 would evaluate the expression: Like Format(([Forms]![frmRunReports]![mm])) & "/*/" & ([Forms]! [frmRunReports]![yyyy]) Sheldon Potolsky As you found, the expression is unreliable. It performs string matching on a Date/Time field, which could fail if: a) the user has different date settings than you intend, or b) JET misunderstands the data type of the parameters in the query. Assuming that you have this criteria under a Date/Time type field in your query, you need to get an expression t...

Access 2000 runtime vs Access 2003 compatability?
If Access 20003 is installled on a computer witth Access 2000 runtime also installed can this cause problems? Have uninstalled the runtime application as a precaution, (however this was after the Access 2003 was installed), but still can't view any databases when using Access 2003. After selecting a database to open all that comes up is a blank screen with no database window. Thanks in advance Dawn Davis I far as I know there should be know problems with the different versions. To me this problem sound like 2003 is having problems with the older formats (we had this problem when we upgraded). To solve this hold down the shift key while you open the database then go to tools->Database Utilities -> Convert database. The only problem is older version will not be able to read the new format Thanks for that. The database that I have tried to open though is a Access 2003.mde file which I created on my own PC using Ac2003. Access 2003 won't even open the sample Northwind databases that come with it. Again just a blank screen is returned. Should I still try what u suggested? Thankyou "Russell the Muscle" <russellpehrson@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1112230570.343956.229610@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I far as I know there should be know problems with the different > versions. To me this problem sound like 2003 is having problems with > the older formats (we had this problem when we upgraded). To solve this >...

Web resources about - Corruption Manifests In Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003 - comp.databases.ms-access

Corruption in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, in recent years, corruption is increasingly a major issue. For instance, in 2013, 117 of the 250 companies blacklisted by World Bank ...

Crime and Corruption Commission pushes for law to punish disclosure of referrals
Corruption watchdog chair suggests disclosure of allegations should itself be an offence.

Malcolm Turnbull ready to fight early double dissolution election on union corruption
... government has already amassed all the justification needed to fight an early election over its blocked attempts to stamp out union corruption, ...

ABC Four Corners team arrested in Malaysia over reporting on corruption allegations
An ABC Four Corners crew is detained by Malaysian police after trying to question Prime Minister Najib Razak over a corruption scandal.

Chinese Judiciary Vows to Keep up "High Pressure" on Corruption
... Prosecuted in China Last Year China's judicial authorities on Sunday said the country will continue to maintain "high pressure" on corruption ...

Africa's rhinos, red tape and corruption
Increased demand from Asian markets fuels poaching and pushes African rhino populations to near extinction.

Africa's Rhinos, Red Tape and Corruption
At the beginning of this year, South African conservationists celebrated a small victory. Figures from 2015, released by the South African government, ...

Countrywide corruption breeds individual dishonesty, economists suggest
... published an intriguing suggestion about the roots of dishonesty: they suggest that a corrupt social environment, rife with political corruption ...

How To Fight Corruption In South Jersey And South Florida
The DC establishment has long ago decided that the way they want campaigns to unfold is for people to pick a team red vs blue or conservative ...

Tymoshenko: Ukraine a 'corruption conglomerate'
... minister, Yulia Tymoshenko, says the leaders who came to power following 2014's bloody upheavals are stifling the country by tolerating corruption. ...