Create Access 2000 MDB from Access 2003

I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not converted my
databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000.  I need to
create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have to convert
the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB.  What are my options?
If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and A2k runtime
will no longer be able to read the MDE.  Can I re-install A2k on my
machine?  Is there another option?

Thanks in advance.

0
kmitchel1 (1)

You can convert it back to A2K format after you build it.

Tools -> Database Utilities -> Convert Database -> To Access
2000 File Format

Kevin

>>> KEMDignam<kmitchel@otsysinc.com> 4/12/2005 7:11:11 AM
>>>
>I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not
>converted my
>databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000.
>need to
>create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will
have
>to convert
>the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB.  What are
>my options?
>If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and
>A2k runtime
>will no longer be able to read the MDE.  Can I re-install
>A2k on my
>machine?  Is there another option?
>
>Thanks in advance.
Tools | Options allows you to specify "Save in Access 2000 Format" in Access
2003. In fact, that is the default choice. You should not have to convert,
if that is set, to create an Access 2000 MDB with Access 2003.

If, in fact, you mean an Access 2000 MDE, that is not supported. MDEs must
be created in the version of Access to which they apply. That is, you must
use Access 2000 to create an Access 2000 MDE.

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

"KEMDignam" <kmitchel@otsysinc.com> wrote in message
> I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not converted my
> databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000.  I need to
> create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have to convert
> the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB.  What are my options?
> If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and A2k runtime
> will no longer be able to read the MDE.  Can I re-install A2k on my
> machine?  Is there another option?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
bouncer (4168)
4/12/2005 10:02:51 PM
Are you talking about mdb's or mde's here ?

The default for Access 2003 is to use the Access2K format for the mdb... =

so there won't be no problem here...

The weird thing is that you can't make an Access2k-mde file with Access =
2003
So, if you are talking about mde's here you must re-install A2k to make =
A2k-mde's

If you convert to Access 2003, I think that previous versions can't read =
this ..

--=20
Hope this helps
Arno R

"KEMDignam" <kmitchel@otsysinc.com> schreef in bericht =
>I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not converted my
> databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000.  I need to
> create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have to convert
> the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB.  What are my options?
> If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and A2k runtime
> will no longer be able to read the MDE.  Can I re-install A2k on my
> machine?  Is there another option?
>=20
> Thanks in advance.

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Function to Prevent Open MDB via Access File Menu (Access 2000 AND Access 2002
Hello Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end is open via the provided icon vs. the Access 2000/2002 file menu? I want to test the open.mdb and if opened via the Access file menu prevent opening the mdb. I know I saw something way back on such a function or test on startup in this group.. THank you. -D What are you trying to accomplish? There's probably some other way to go about this... D Kanagh wrote: > Hello > > Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end > is open via the provided icon vs. the Access 2000/2002 file menu? > > I want to test the open.mdb and if opened via the Access file menu prevent > opening the mdb. > > I know I saw something way back on such a function or test on startup in > this group.. > > > THank you. > -D ...

Access 2000 vs. Access 2003
Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run on Access 2000? Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from the Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the Options dialog? I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and I've only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing Access 2003 on my development workstation. Do I need to install Access 2000 on my development workstation? I assume 2000 and 2003 will co-exist without any issues. Thanks in advance. deko wrote: > Is it possible to deve...

Conversion: Access 2000 to Access 2003
All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for distribution but would like your input regarding Access as many of our group use it. I am concerned especially about linking to other Access databases. And about connecting to Dbo data. We also regularly connect to and from Excel files. All of our databases are rather small, and we do not share many, so SQL Server is not an issue. Looking forward to hearing your insight. As Lyle and David can attest to, I've had a bad deal with Office 2003 on Windows XP. For whatever reason, Access 2003 imported about 5 times as many records as it was supposed to when working with ONE query only. No other queries displayed this problem. It seems to have something to do with Access' interaction with dBASE IV files. I don't know if this problem exists when using other types of external files. In a nutshell, it seems to me that you will probably have a number of problems at first, but you will eventually find them all and either be able to fix them or create workarounds for them. "Deb" <koplend@swbell.net> wrote in news:1134069789.188901.195630@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week > from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have > downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for ...

Access 2003 macros in Access 2000
Hey, I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! San wrote: > Hey, > > I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access > 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database > on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run > any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing > Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! You could try to create a new empty 2000 database window in the 2000 office workstation and then try to import the objects from the other access database you are trying to open. ...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of the database in XP but with all the Tables removed and relinked to the 97 version. This solution is working well on the whole but there have been a couple of instances where that database has required a repair. The main problem we are still having is that my colleagues and I can no longer make any changes to the database while there are any users in. Is this a setting which we can change? For instance, on 97 you could alter a form in the live database and then save the altered form......XP doesn't seem to allow you to do that. Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks in Advance, John John, as you found, Access 2000 and later do a monolithic save, and there is no setting to override this. For other suggestions on adapting to the newer versions, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html (The monolithic save is...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Corruption Manifests In Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003
Can anyone cast any light on the following. I have a database that I have written in Access 2003 using 2000 file format. Everything was working OK when running it under Access 2003 but when I tried running it under Access 2000 if fell over when I tried to open some of the reports. I then tried opening it in Access 2003 again and it brought up the message about saving a copy and repairing - but it wouldn't repair. I then decompiled, compacted and recompiled and it would run fine under both versions of Access with no problems. However after doing some changes using Access 2003 the same p...

Statement works in Access 2000 but not Access 2003
The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) Any ideas? Thanks, Brian BerkshireGuy <bdaoust@yahoo.com> wrote: > The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same > database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. > > =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) > > Any ideas? I've had a few things not work when going from 2000->2003..... #Num! suggests an arithmetic problem (as is #Div!). Seperate out each part of your statement and display them in seperate controls. Check the values and make sure they are valid. -- regards, Bradley A Christian Response http://www.pastornet.net.au/response ...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Problem Opening Access 2000 Db with Access 2003
Hi, I have a database that's been developed in Access 2000. On clicking the database icon, the datbase moves straight to a switchboard. For coding I press the shift button while starting the database. This works fine at my workplace where I'm using Office 2000. However, on trying to open the same database at home (where I have Office 2003) I first get some error about Jet drivers not being installed (I pretty much get these errors with any Access database I've made in older versions of Access). However, after passing that screen the database opens only with the switchboard. Is my only option to make a new database and import all tables and queries and the like? TIA Neil In article <1117255980.824312.269110@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Neil wrote: > I first get some error about Jet drivers not being > installed (I pretty much get these errors with any Access database I've > made in older versions of Access). However, after passing that screen > the database opens only with the switchboard. > Do you keep the shift key held down as you clear the error box? -- Roger ...

Warning when opening and Access 2000 file in Access 2003
Hi All, We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase about blocking unsafe expressions. Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to? Yes/No Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do you want to open this file Yes/no This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No I installed the Jet service pack and still get the warnings. What must I do to get rid of them? Thanks! Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Set the security level to low or this will plague you forever dixie "kathyk" <kathy@meercat.com> wrote in message news:41c0b1b0$1_1@127.0.0.1... > > Hi All, > We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my > data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase > about blocking unsafe expressions. > > Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to? > Yes/No > > Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS > jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do > you want to open this file Yes/no > > This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No > > I installed the Jet service ...

Web resources about - Create Access 2000 MDB from Access 2003 - comp.databases.ms-access

iRobot Create - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create ...

The Knot Creates Facebook Page To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Salvage Their Weddings
The damage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy included some 2,300 weddings that had to be postponed or rescheduled, according to wedding portal The ...

World's elite wisdom may no longer matter as new winners create losers
Millions are more likely to see an influx from Europe as a source of competition, for jobs, for houses, for everything.

World's elite wisdom may no longer matter as new winners create losers
Millions are more likely to see an influx from Europe as a source of competition, for jobs, for houses, for everything.

World's elite wisdom may no longer matter as new winners create losers
Millions are more likely to see an influx from Europe as a source of competition, for jobs, for houses, for everything.

Japanese university creates EV that gets power from the road
Filed under: Green , Japan , Emerging Technologies , Technology , Electric , Future A university in Japan has competed of test of an EV that ...

Create and search file lists with File List Maker
... programming, but it also means you can run it from a USB key on any PC where you’ve files to be searched. The core idea is that you create ...

MIT thinks it can create a world without traffic lights
In addition to increasing safety on the road, self-driving cars might help us achieve something else: speed up daily commutes by removing the ...

18 Ideas That Will Help Create Your Dream Bedroom
... Prints on Accent Pieces: A very common misconception amongst women is that prints are only best for bedcovers. The fact is that you can create ...

These 10 Windows group policy settings will create stronger security
Configure these 10 group policy settings carefully, and enjoy better Windows security across the office