Create database in Access 2003 gets Access 2000 formatted DB

I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional
Ed.).  I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened
with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File
Format".

1. Why did this happen?
2. Should I delete this database and start again?
3. I am not exactly sure what level of software the end user will be at
(I am creating this database for use by someone else), but I have been
assured that they have MS Access.

Did I do something wrong here?  Suggestions, please.

Thanks, much.

Sueb

slbrick (181)

No, you didn't do anything wrong. The default format for 2002 and 2003 is
2000. You can change it if you want by clicking Tools - Database Utilities -
Convert. It would be a REALLY good idea if you would learn more about your
enduser environment. There have, of course, been changes since 2000, and if
your enduser is going to be using 2000 you would have to maintain the 2000
format, and make SURE you didn't use a 2002-2003 specific items (like the
FileDialog, for example).

"Susan Bricker" <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional
> Ed.).  I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened
> with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File
> Format".
>
> 1. Why did this happen?
> 2. Should I delete this database and start again?
> 3. I am not exactly sure what level of software the end user will be at
> (I am creating this database for use by someone else), but I have been
> assured that they have MS Access.
>
> Did I do something wrong here?  Suggestions, please.
>
> Thanks, much.
>
> Sueb

scott9138 (17)
4/6/2005 12:48:05 AM
Following on from Scott's advice, you can set access to create new databases
in 2002 format by clicking on tools - options - advanced and select which
ever format as the default.

Mark

>I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional
> Ed.).  I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened
> with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File
> Format".
>
> 1. Why did this happen?
> 2. Should I delete this database and start again?
> 3. I am not exactly sure what level of software the end user will be at
> (I am creating this database for use by someone else), but I have been
> assured that they have MS Access.
>
> Did I do something wrong here?  Suggestions, please.
>
> Thanks, much.
>
> Sueb

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Access 2007 command buttons do not function
Trying to install some software on Access 2007. The software works just fine on earlier versions of Access. I have been told that it works on Access 2007 but I have not seen that personally. The command buttons on my user-created forms do not function when it is run under Access 2007. The operating system is Windows XP home SP2. The main menu opens up like normal. I can open any form from the ribbon at the left. I can run a query from the ribbon at the left. I can open a table from the ribbon at the left. I checked references and none are missing. I tried converting to Access 2007 database format and no references missing and still the form buttons do not work. the form buttons were created with teh Access 2003 button wizard and generally open other forms, reports or queries. What do I need to do to get the buttons to function? Bob Hi, Bob Bob Alston wrote: > Trying to install some software on Access 2007. The software works > just fine on earlier versions of Access. > > I have been told that it works on Access 2007 but I have not seen that > personally. > > The command buttons on my user-created forms do not function when it > is run under Access 2007. Is your database located in a trusted location ? http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Trust_Center:Trusted_Locations Regards Jens ...

Create Access 2000 MDB from Access 2003
I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not converted my databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I need to create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have to convert the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are my options? If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and A2k runtime will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install A2k on my machine? Is there another option? Thanks in advance. You can convert it back to A2K format after you build it. Tools -> Database Utilities -> Convert Database -> To Access 2000 File Format Kevin >>> KEMDignam<kmitchel@otsysinc.com> 4/12/2005 7:11:11 AM >>> >I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not >converted my >databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I >need to >create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have >to convert >the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are >my options? >If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and >A2k runtime >will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install >A2k on my >machine? Is there another option? > >Thanks in advance. Tools | Options allows you to specify "Save in Access 2000 Format" in Access 2003. In fact, that is the default choice. You should not have to convert, if that is set, to create an Access 2000 MDB with Access 2003. If, in fact, you mean a...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Problem Opening Access 2000 Db with Access 2003
Hi, I have a database that's been developed in Access 2000. On clicking the database icon, the datbase moves straight to a switchboard. For coding I press the shift button while starting the database. This works fine at my workplace where I'm using Office 2000. However, on trying to open the same database at home (where I have Office 2003) I first get some error about Jet drivers not being installed (I pretty much get these errors with any Access database I've made in older versions of Access). However, after passing that screen the database opens only with the switchboard. Is my only option to make a new database and import all tables and queries and the like? TIA Neil In article <1117255980.824312.269110@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Neil wrote: > I first get some error about Jet drivers not being > installed (I pretty much get these errors with any Access database I've > made in older versions of Access). However, after passing that screen > the database opens only with the switchboard. > Do you keep the shift key held down as you clear the error box? -- Roger ...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair Although Access 2002 and 2003 share the same file format, each version of Access creates a different binary for the compiled code. What it's supposed to do it automatically discard the 2003 binary when you open the database in A2002, and create the new binary on the fly. In practice, this doesn't always work. The decompile explicitly discarding the binary, which usually solves the problem. This issue is common enough that IMHO, it is always worth decompiling when switching version, especially when reverting to an earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact info. "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in message news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga... >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > > Robert > On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:25:51 -0400, "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote: Software rarely is forward compatible, and Access 2003 is no exception. Does your software anticipate the changes you'll make four years later? -Tom. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I >could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > >Robert > "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga: > I understand that new features would not be available but is there > any way I ...

Calculated Field Problem Access 2000 DB and Access 2003
Thanks in advance for any help. I have a database that was created in Access 2000. Several users have been upgraded to Access 2003. Since upgrading to 2003 we have noticed that one of the calculated fields are not being populated. The database is a samll invoicing database, on the form we have columns call Unit Cost. This is the actual cost of the part and is pulled from our parts master table and is displayed in a subform whick is linked to the master form and report by Part Number. On the form we also have a column call Quantity which is the number of the parts ordered by the customer. We t...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Accessing Access

Web resources about - Create database in Access 2003 gets Access 2000 formatted DB - comp.databases.ms-access

Formatted text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Formatted text cannot rightly be identified with binary files or be distinct from ASCII text. This is because formatted text is not necessarily ...

Received a badly formatted email on your mobile? 75 percent of you will delete it
A survey by Constant Contact shows that mobile devices are more important than ever, particularly to those under the age of 30. The study reveals ...

Quickly view formatted PDFs in your search results
Google search results sometimes include documents that were not originally formatted to be viewed in a web browser, such as PDFs. In the past, ...

Now in Google search results: Formatted PDFs
Google has launched a new search option called Quick View that allows users to open formatted PDF filesnot just HTML viewing of documentsfrom ...

Proxy ports showing formatted text in Mountain Lion
An interface bug in the OS X Network system preferences shows unconventional port string formats, but does not affect OS X performance.

It’s Markdown, no, PowerShell. Wait its Markdown formatted PowerShell.
... "Current DateTime is = $([System.DateTime]::Now)" ### Escape characters with the ` (back-tick) "Escape a quotation `"This is quoted`"." Formatted ...

Exploit can control older Macs even after they're formatted
Exploit can control older Macs even after they're formatted

HBO cancels 'In Treatment' 'as previously formatted'
HBO just made it official: In Treatment will not return for a fourth season. The psychotherapist drama won plenty of critical acclaim and Emmy ...

FAA GPS data formatted for your use
[Michael] posted up-to-date GPS data sets in the GPX format . These data sets are an alternative to paid updates. Since GPX is a published standard ...

Converting Mac-formatted iPod to Windows - iLounge Article
Q: In reading your FAQ and previous columns, I see that it is possible to use a Mac-formatted iPod on a Windows PC through the use of a third-party ...