Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package
it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs?

I was told that this is possible, but I don't know what software is
needed.  Do you know?  If so, please answer this post.  Thanks.

SueB

sbrick (26)

Per Sue Bricker:
>Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package
>it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs?
>
>I was told that this is possible, but I don't know what software is
>needed.  Do you know?  If so, please answer this post.  Thanks.

I think it comes down to semantics.

"Licensed" vs "Loaded".

No you can't create an app that will run on a PC with nothing loaded.

Yes you can create an app that will run on a PC where nobody's paid the fee to
run MS Access.

You still have to install something on that PC, however.   What it is is a
freebie version of MS Access that only runs applications - doesn't allow anybody
to develop an app.

You develop the app on your PC, which has MS Access installed.

Then somebody installs the freebie ("Runtime Access") on somebody's PC and they
can run the app you developed without having to pay any money to anybody.
--
PeteCresswell
0

"Sue Bricker" <sbrick@att.net> wrote in message

> Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package
> it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs?
>
> I was told that this is possible, but I don't know what software is
> needed.  Do you know?  If so, please answer this post.  Thanks.
>
> SueB

knogeek (392)
3/10/2005 7:01:52 PM
"Alan Webb" <knogeek@hotmail.com> wrote in

> If Access isn't present, some version of it must be installed to
> run an Access database.  VB.NET, or VB6 or some other commercial
> IDE that will let you author code you own may initially be harder
> to learn and more work but is worth the extra effort.

You can't run an Access application with VB.

You could completely rewrite the application in VB and use the data
tables from the Access MDB, but that's a ridiculous alternative in
comparison to the runtime.

dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc
0
dXXXfenton (2542)
3/10/2005 9:14:07 PM
Sue,

The answer to your question is "yes" - you need the Package and Deployment
Wizard - depends on which version of Access you're using.  For Access 2003,
you'll need to purchase Visual Studio 2003, which include what you need to
package your application, and include the runtime version of Access.  For
Access 2000, there was a Developer's version of Office 2000, and also a
separate Developer's Tools package that included the runtime version of
Access.  Access XP I'm sure has something similar; a check on Microsoft's
site will tell you what you need.

Matt

> Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package
> it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs?
>
> I was told that this is possible, but I don't know what software is
> needed.  Do you know?  If so, please answer this post.  Thanks.
>
> SueB

mattfurze (3)
3/11/2005 2:11:49 AM
Unless Microsoft has changed it's policy, the runtime version does not
have ALL the features of the full version (but it is still quite good).
For example in the past Query by Form was not available in the runtime
version.

0
mfs43 (54)

query ms access database from the user
At college i have been given this piece of untidy code because it mixes a gui interface with the console, i prefare one or the other, but its not my code, i understand what it does. It opens the database CarDB by using the java odbc (Open Database Connectivity ) driver and searches for the row make with nissan and displays to the screen as text in a gui text box the columns Registration, Model, Year, Price in the same row as the nissan . I would like the programme to ask the user which car their want to search for . Unfortunately i do not learn at college or have taught myself sql. If i am understanding proberly the line ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery( "SELECT Registration, Model, Year, Price FROM Table1 where Make='nissan'"); is where the query starts, but its hardcoded in, i presume i need to have a line similar to ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery( "SELECT Registration, Model, Year, Price FROM Table1 request Make=' '") or something similar, am i along the correct lines? here is the code.. import java.sql.*; //import javax.swing.JOptionPane; //import javax.swing.JTextArea; import java.io.*; public class Car2 { public static void main(String args[]){ Connection connection; Statement st; String out=""; JTextArea display=new JTextArea(); try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); connection= DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:CarDB","","");...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

Web resources about - Create MS/ACCESS database app for non-ms/access users - comp.databases.ms-access