Creating EMAIL from VBA (behind a form)

I know that it is possible to generate an email letter and send it from
VBA behind a form.  I've done that.  However, is it possible to create a
DRAFT email letter and leave it in the Drafts folder (in Microsoft
Outlook)?  If it is possible, would you share the source code with me?

Thanks.

Regards,
SueB

slbrick (181)
10/25/2005 9:57:07 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42604 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

hello sueB,

i have an access application that reads outlook draft folder contents
and list it in a listbox-control to expose it to the users, then they
can doble-click one item and edit it that way.

well i think that what you have to do is to set an instance of a new
mail-item and instead of send it just save it to the draft folder.

does it help??.

+regards,

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:57:07 GMT, Susan Bricker <slbrick@verizon.net>
wrote:
>I know that it is possible to generate an email letter and send it from
>VBA behind a form.  I've done that.  However, is it possible to create a
>DRAFT email letter and leave it in the Drafts folder (in Microsoft
>Outlook)?  If it is possible, would you share the source code with me?

Public Sub SendMailWithAttachment( _
            strTo As String, _
            strAttachmentFiles As String, _
   Optional strSubject As String = "", _
   Optional strBodyText As String = "", _
   Optional bolQuitOutlook As Boolean = False, _
   Optional bolSendAsDraft As Boolean = True)

Dim OL As Object
Dim OLNS As Object 'Outlook.NameSpace
Dim MailFolder As Object 'Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim MyMail As Object 'Outlook.MailItem
Dim varAttachments As Variant
Dim I As Integer

    varAttachments = Split(strAttachmentFiles, Chr$(0))
    Set OL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OLNS = OL.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    If bolSendAsDraft = True Then
        Set MailFolder = OLNS.GetDefaultFolder(16)
    Else
        Set MailFolder = OLNS.GetDefaultFolder("Inbox")
    End If
    Set MyMail = MailFolder.Items.Add

    With MyMail
        .To = strTo
        .Subject = strSubject
        .Body = strBodyText
        For I = 0 To UBound(varAttachments)
            If CStr(varAttachments(I)) <> "" Then  _
		.Attachments.Add CStr(varAttachments(I)), _
                1, _
                I + 1
        Next
        .Recipients.ResolveAll
        .Save
        If bolSendAsDraft = False Then
            .Send
        End If
    End With
    If bolQuitOutlook = True Then OL.Quit
    Set MyMail = Nothing
    Set MailFolder = Nothing
    Set OLNS = Nothing
    Set OL = Nothing
End Sub

--
     Drive C: Error. (A)bort (R)etry (S)mack The Darned Thing

0
c.grimsby (825)

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

ms access: How do you create an about form button??
My son is trying to create an about form button for a form he has already created. Any help would be great. Thanks Open the form that will hold the button in Design View. Choose View, Toolbox to make the Toolbox available if it is not active. Make sure the Control Wizards button on the Toolbox is activated. Click once on the Command Button in the Toolbox. Click somewhere on the form that will hold the button. This will launch the Command Button Wizard. >From the Categories Pane, choose Form Operations. >From the Actions Pane, choose Open Form and click Next. The Command Button Wizard will display all of your forms. Click the About Form and click Next. Choose to put Text on the button. Edit the default Open Form text so it reads About. Click Next. Name the button cmdAboutButton. Click Finish. Once you have done this you will probably need a Return Button on other forms to get back to your main form. Follow the steps above and choose the form you want to return to, label the button Return, and name it something like cmdReturnButton. John ...

How to define an Array in VBA behind the Access Forms
Hi. I would like to create an array and use the data to populate some new records when the user clicks on a button (that's the short description). If I were to code the array in C (I know ... not this forum, but it's what I know) I would do it like this ... /* Declare the structure template */ struct recdata { long classID; char lvl; }; I would then define the array of structs as follows: struct recdata classinfo[8] = {{ 0x01, "A" }, { 0x01, "B" }, { 0x01, "C" }, { 0x02, "A" }, { 0x02, "B" }, { 0x02, "C" }, { 0x03, "A" }, { 0x03, "B" }}; I'd probably define a recdata pointer and bump the pointer through the array. Is this possible in VBA? I have two books on Access and VBA and neither covers arrays too well. Regards, SueB *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 18 Jan 2008 01:56:39 GMT, Susan Bricker <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote: the struct becomes a type. Then you declare an array of that type. Filling the array is not as elegant as in C: you have to fill each element separately. Off the top of my head: classinfo(0,classID) = &h01 classinfo(0,lvl) = "A" etc. To iterate over the array use an iterator: for i = lbound(classinfo) to ubound(classinfo) 'do something next i Long Live Kernighan & Richie -Tom. >Hi. I would like to create an array and use the data to populate some >new recor...

Creating MS Access databases with VB (.net)
Hello, I am trying to create MS Access databases using VB .net. I can create MS Access 2000 databases OK but also want to create (using VB .net code) 97 format MS Access databases as well. Was using ADOX but the create statement has no parameters for access format and just creates database to whatever format of access you have installed. --- CODE START --- Dim cat As New ADOX.Catalog() Dim sCreateString As String sCreateString = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Test.mdb" cat.Create(sCreateString) --- CODE END --- Cheers Paul M Let me steal from a regul...

Libname method to create MS ACCESS database?
Hi there, OK, I know that I can added tables into an exsiting MS ACCESS database: libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; Where xx.mdb already there. What about if there is no database file yet, can I create a database using libname method? I tried the following but failed: libname xx access "g:\xxx\yy.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; ERROR: Connect: Could not find file 'g:\xxx\yy.mdb'. ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. Thanks Ya ...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

Creating an email with attachments from an Access Form using VB
If someone could help me, I need to be able to send attachments from my access database that I have created. This database runs queries then generates a report off the queries from underlying tables and emails the reports as HTML format in the body, I then need to have this same process go out to my C:\ drive and pick up a couple files and add it to the same email as attachments. If someone could please give me a sample code that would work, please as simple as it could be would be best because I know very little with VB. Thanks I have been using the following function. I hope it helps '--------------------- ' Create a email with attachments ' stSendTo Email address ' stBody Body of the message ' stSubject Subject of the message ' astAttach Array of strings listing the path to the attachments ' intAcount Number of attachments ' intSend True if the message should be sent without preview Public Function emailAttach(ByRef stSendTo As String, ByRef stBody As String, _ ByRef stSubject As String, astAttach() As String, _ intAcount As Integer, intSend As Integer) As Integer On Error GoTo erremailAttach Dim oLook As Object Dim oMail As Object Dim i As Integer Set oLook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set oMail = oLook.CreateItem(0) With oMail .To = st...

Re: Libname method to create MS ACCESS database?
Ya, I don't know of a direct way to get around the problem. A kind of indirect way is to simply create an empty ms access file (say, called empty.mdb), in access, and then copy it whenever you want to create a new access file. e.g., x "copy g:\xxx\empty.mdb g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; HTH, Art -------- On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:15:58 -0500, Ya Huang <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> wrote: >Hi there, > >OK, I know that I can added tables into an exsiting MS ACCESS database: > >libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; > >data xx.junk; > set sashelp.class; >run; > >Where xx.mdb already there. > >What about if there is no database file yet, can I create a database >using libname method? > >I tried the following but failed: > >libname xx access "g:\xxx\yy.mdb"; > >data xx.junk; > set sashelp.class; >run; > >ERROR: Connect: Could not find file 'g:\xxx\yy.mdb'. >ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. > >Thanks > >Ya ...

Weird Problem... MS Access create a copy of the database by itself?
What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by itself? I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I delete it manually. Then, that same user access it again, another one is created. What's happening? Thanks for your help in advance. Perry Perry, do you have Compact On Close turned on under your options? Chances are that the spurious databases are left over as the result of a faulty compact. Access 2007 can do this, but older versions can too. In general Compact on Close is not a good idea. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <perryche@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1176477933.206090.253790@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by > itself? > > I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click > on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name > of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a > certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I > delete it manually. Then, that same u...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

How to creat thumbnails of jpg images in MS-Access database
Hi there, This is my first time here,.....I am a Perl developer by trade but currently working on Access database. Anyway,...I use this artical from Microsoft knowldge base number (285820) to creat a database that contains few .jpg images. My question is; how can I create a thumbnail imges for those jpg images and, if how can I get the the original jpg image to be displayed once I click on the thumbnail? Thanks for yoyr help. Tim You can use an image control(s) then use the width and height propertie(s) of your control(s). Make sure that the size mode property of the image contorl (in t...

has anyone ever created a continuous data form (similar to MS Access)?
I think I just found a limitation to MS Access continuous form view where I was least expecting it :/ I wanted to do a quick'n'dirty solution, to display *different* elements of such a form based on data. Like... a type field, and if that is A, display text field a, if the type is B, display combobox b. Since this seems impossible in MS Access, I am starting to look for a not-so-quick & (maybe not so) dirty solution. So I was wondering if anyone has tried creating such an endless form in a wxWidgets application yet (other recommendations are most welcome). I w...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

Would like to somehow link specific eMails in my message store to MS Access database
Is it possible for me to open, read and display a specific eMail message from within an Access database? Perhaps I have received an eMail from a customer in the customers table that I wish to save in my mail client's message store. Maybe I don't want to cut 'n paste its contents into a memo field in the customers table. I just want to save a pointer to it so when flipping through customer records on a form, I can pull it up & view it inside the database. Any suggestions? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote: >Is it possible f...

MS Access 2000 VBA Code Shows Totally Incorrect Date from Controls on a Form
Hi, Sorry for my English. English is not my native tougue. I am working in MS Access 2000 with a SQLServer 2000 Backend database. MS Access 2000 is my GUI front end that has SQLServer linked tables in it. One of my forms has two TEXT BOX controls formated as Short Date. The form is binded to a linked table. The linked tables has about 7 records and one of the control is binded to a table field. These two controls displays the date correctly as 01/07/2006 and 31/07/2006 (I am running Windows XP, my regional setting is set to English Australia, location is set to Australia, language for non-Unicode programs is set to English Australia, and my date format is set to d/MM/YYYY) when the form is running. I have some VBA code behind the form to print out these two dates to a text file. The dates show up as 30/12/2005 and 30/01/2006. I really do not know why these dates are totally different. Here's my VBA code: Open "C:\Results.txt" For Output Access Write Lock Write As #1 Print #1, "GL run from "; Me.txtFromDate; " to "; Me.txtToDate Print #1, "" :: :: Close #1 I am hoping some one has come across with this problem. Thanks in advance, Easystart oh, so you mean you're just outputting everything to a text file? My guess is that since MS stores all it's data in US format, your have to force it into Australian format when you write it to the file. What happens if you use Format() and force it into the format you want? T...

MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images
MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images Hi, Would like to have users fill out a multipage form, and then click a print button, which pulls up the info just entered for a particular record and print out multiple pages of forms, each page having a different image as background. 1) Anyone know how to make a form with multiple pages that different images as background? 2) Anyone know a way to create a multipage report where each page has a different background image (but the data across all of the pages come from the same record)? Thanks, George ghadley_00@yahoo.com ...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

Access project database
Why isn't a database created on the MSDE?? Network: Two Win2K Pro machines connected as peers. (No domains.) MS Access is on X, MSDE2000A is on H. MS Access is run under: Windows Administrator. MSDE is set for Windows Authentication only. On using the Microsoft SQL Server Database Wizard to create an Access project, I don't specify a usename or password. After the wizard says it has the info it needs, it closes and a progress bar appears for a only a split second as the wizard tries to create the database. Indications are that the connections to the MSDE was dropped during creatio...

Web resources about - Creating EMAIL from VBA (behind a form) - comp.databases.ms-access

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Digital Ads that Lead to Conversions
Looking at what helps digital ads drive action.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Creating a custom Facebook Page with FBML - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore johnscotthaydon's photos on Flickr. johnscotthaydon has uploaded 922 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...