creating invoices for all customers

Thanks to much help from everyone in my previous thread, I've made it a
pretty fair ways into my billing/invoicing db.

I'm now needing a way to cycle through all the records in a table and create
invoice records for them in another table, but I have no idea where to
begin. Here's the relevant tables:

==============
Table: Customer_tbl

Columns:
----------
id  (PK)
<typical contact info>
----------------
Table: Invoice_tbl

Columns
---------
Id (PK)
Customer_tbl_ID (FK)
Date

Relationships
-------------
Customer_tbl.id <--> Invoice_tbl.Customer_tbl_ID
Relationship Type:  One-To-Many

Invoice_tbl.id <--> InvoiceItems_tbl.Invoice_tbl_ID
RelationshipType:  One-To-Many

------------
Table: InvoiceItems_tbl

Columns
---------
id (PK)
Invoice_tbl_ID (FK)
Discription
Amount
DiscountRate

Relationships
-------------
Invoice_tbl.id <--> InvoiceItems_tbl.Invoice_tbl_ID
RelationshipType:  One-To-Many

===========
If someone has a few minutes to help me with this and maybe throw me a few
lines of psudo-code I'd really appreciate it.

TIA
-jeremy

0
jweiss7 (13)

Two things ---
1.  Invoices are created each time an order is received. Why do you want to
cycle through your customers table and create an invoice for each?

2.  You missing a Products table.
TblProduct
ProductID
Description
Price
DiscountRate
Inventory
ReorderPoint
NoLongerAvailableForSale (Yes/No)

Then your InvoiceItems table should be

TblInvoiceItem
InvoiceItemID
InvoiceID
ProductID
Quantity
Price

Two suggestions:
1.  For the PK of each table use the tablename + ID (See above tables)
2.  Your database will be easier to read if you don't use spaces or underlines
in names.

--
                                         PC Datasheet
Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
"Jeremy Weiss" <jweiss7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to much help from everyone in my previous thread, I've made it a
> pretty fair ways into my billing/invoicing db.
>
> I'm now needing a way to cycle through all the records in a table and create
> invoice records for them in another table, but I have no idea where to
> begin. Here's the relevant tables:
>
> ==============
> Table: Customer_tbl
>
> Columns:
> ----------
> id  (PK)
> <typical contact info>
> ----------------
> Table: Invoice_tbl
>
> Columns
> ---------
> Id (PK)
> Customer_tbl_ID (FK)
> Date
>
> Relationships
> -------------
> Customer_tbl.id <--> Invoice_tbl.Customer_tbl_ID
> Relationship Type:  One-To-Many
>
> Invoice_tbl.id <--> InvoiceItems_tbl.Invoice_tbl_ID
> RelationshipType:  One-To-Many
>
> ------------
> Table: InvoiceItems_tbl
>
> Columns
> ---------
> id (PK)
> Invoice_tbl_ID (FK)
> Discription
> Amount
> DiscountRate
>
> Relationships
> -------------
> Invoice_tbl.id <--> InvoiceItems_tbl.Invoice_tbl_ID
> RelationshipType:  One-To-Many
>
> ===========
> If someone has a few minutes to help me with this and maybe throw me a few
> lines of psudo-code I'd really appreciate it.
>
> TIA
> -jeremy

0
spam3793 (13)
10/9/2003 5:22:34 AM
The company that I'm putting this together for is a services company that
charges their customers a monthly fee. I'm needing something to generate the
usual monthly invoice for all 1500 of their customers. They only have one
service, so the description/product will be the same each month, thus no
need for a product table.

I'm just wanting a button they can click to 'bill' their customers. When
they click the button I want Access to read the baserate value from one
table and create an invoice in the invoice_tbl and a line item in the
invoicedetail_tbl using that baserate value as the amount, then go to the
next customer and do it over.

I did leave out a table though, just not the one you were expecting.

Table: CustomerAccount_tbl
- id (PK & FK Customer_tbl)
- baserate
- accountbalance

The problem is, I have no idea where to start, so if anyone has a few
minutes to explain to me whether I use a module or macro or whatever and
maybe throw in some psudocode I'd really appreciate it.

TIA,
-jeremy

P.S. Thanks for the naming convention suggestions

> 1.  Invoices are created each time an order is received. Why do you want
> cycle through your customers table and create an invoice for each?
>
> 2.  You missing a Products table.
> TblProduct
> ProductID
> Description
> Price
> DiscountRate
> Inventory
> ReorderPoint
> NoLongerAvailableForSale (Yes/No)
>
> Then your InvoiceItems table should be
>
> TblInvoiceItem
> InvoiceItemID
> InvoiceID
> ProductID
> Quantity
> Price
>
> Two suggestions:
> 1.  For the PK of each table use the tablename + ID (See above tables)
> 2.  Your database will be easier to read if you don't use spaces or
underlines
> in names.

0
jweiss7 (13)
10/9/2003 5:56:12 AM
Since there is always only one invoice item per invoice, you can consolidate
your Invoice table and invoice item tables into one Invoice table that looks
like:

TblInvoice
InvoiceID
InvoiceDate
CustomerID
InvoiceAmount

Your Customer Account table needs revised to:
TblCustomerAcct
CustomerAcctID
CustomerID
BaseRate
AccountBalance

1.  Build a query named CreateInvoices based on TblCustomerAcct and include the
fields CustomerID and BaseRate. Convert the query to an append query to append
to TblInvoice. Access will know to append CustomerID to CustomerID but you will
have to tell the query to append baserate to InvoiceAmount.
2.  Build an unbound popup form named NewInvoiceDate with a single textbox named
InvoiceDate and labelled "Enter Invoice Date".
3.  Build a second query named UpdateInvoiceDate based on TblInvoice and only
include the field InvoiceDate. Make the criteria for the field Is Null. Convert
the query to an Update query and where it says update to put:
Forms!NewInvoiceDate!InvoiceDate
4.  Put this code in the AfterUpdate event of InvoiceDate on your popup form:
DoCmd.SetWarnings False
DoCmd.OpenQuery "CreateInvoices"
DoCmd.OpenQuery "UpdateInvoiceDate"
DoCmd.SetWarnings True

When the code runs, it first appends 1500 new records to TblInvoice, one record
for each customer. The InvoiceDate field for all 1500 records will be empty
after the append. The second query then updates the blank InvoiceDate field of
the 1500 records to the date you entered on the popup form.

--

> The company that I'm putting this together for is a services company that
> charges their customers a monthly fee. I'm needing something to generate the
> usual monthly invoice for all 1500 of their customers. They only have one
> service, so the description/product will be the same each month, thus no
> need for a product table.
>
> I'm just wanting a button they can click to 'bill' their customers. When
> they click the button I want Access to read the baserate value from one
> table and create an invoice in the invoice_tbl and a line item in the
> invoicedetail_tbl using that baserate value as the amount, then go to the
> next customer and do it over.
>
> I did leave out a table though, just not the one you were expecting.
>
> Table: CustomerAccount_tbl
> - id (PK & FK Customer_tbl)
> - baserate
> - accountbalance
>
> The problem is, I have no idea where to start, so if anyone has a few
> minutes to explain to me whether I use a module or macro or whatever and
> maybe throw in some psudocode I'd really appreciate it.
>
> TIA,
> -jeremy
>
> P.S. Thanks for the naming convention suggestions

0
spam3793 (13)
10/9/2003 6:35:32 AM
Thanks for the help... off to put it into action.

-jeremy

"PC Datasheet" <spam@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> > they click the button I want Access to read the baserate value from one
> > table and create an invoice in the invoice_tbl and a line item in the
> > invoicedetail_tbl using that baserate value as the amount, then go to
the
> > next customer and do it over.
> >
> > I did leave out a table though, just not the one you were expecting.
> >
> > Table: CustomerAccount_tbl
> > - id (PK & FK Customer_tbl)
> > - baserate
> > - accountbalance
> >
> > The problem is, I have no idea where to start, so if anyone has a few
> > minutes to explain to me whether I use a module or macro or whatever and
> > maybe throw in some psudocode I'd really appreciate it.
> >
> > TIA,
> > -jeremy
> >
> > P.S. Thanks for the naming convention suggestions

0
jweiss7 (13)

Libname method to create MS ACCESS database?
Hi there, OK, I know that I can added tables into an exsiting MS ACCESS database: libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; Where xx.mdb already there. What about if there is no database file yet, can I create a database using libname method? I tried the following but failed: libname xx access "g:\xxx\yy.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; ERROR: Connect: Could not find file 'g:\xxx\yy.mdb'. ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. Thanks Ya ...

How to create custom logon screen in ms-access
Hi, I am creating a new application using ms-access database. I need help in making a custom logon screen and provide access to my users. Is there a way to create custom form and table with validation for users to provide access to the db application? Help me! Thanx Gary > Gary There is help at 2 web sites Tek-tips.com look at the faq. at robotparade (the site has changed so you will need to search) has a form that has login screen. it has a module that get the user name. you may also consider adding a screen if it is multi user to show who is in the database. Also see faq re audit trail on forms. It will track changes. You will also need to disable the shift key and database window. Hope this get you started. ...

Creating MS Access databases with VB (.net)
Hello, I am trying to create MS Access databases using VB .net. I can create MS Access 2000 databases OK but also want to create (using VB .net code) 97 format MS Access databases as well. Was using ADOX but the create statement has no parameters for access format and just creates database to whatever format of access you have installed. --- CODE START --- Dim cat As New ADOX.Catalog() Dim sCreateString As String sCreateString = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Test.mdb" cat.Create(sCreateString) --- CODE END --- Cheers Paul M Let me steal from a regul...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

How to creat thumbnails of jpg images in MS-Access database
Hi there, This is my first time here,.....I am a Perl developer by trade but currently working on Access database. Anyway,...I use this artical from Microsoft knowldge base number (285820) to creat a database that contains few .jpg images. My question is; how can I create a thumbnail imges for those jpg images and, if how can I get the the original jpg image to be displayed once I click on the thumbnail? Thanks for yoyr help. Tim You can use an image control(s) then use the width and height propertie(s) of your control(s). Make sure that the size mode property of the image contorl (in the property sheet of the image control) is set to zoom for this to work (because you are zooming in and out). Private Sub Image11_Click() Static i As Integer If i Then Image11.Width = 7920 Image11.Height = 6360 Else Image11.Width = 2220 Image11.Height = 2040 End If i = Not i End Sub Note: in the property sheet of the image control the sizes are in inches. In programming you have to use twips - 1440 twips per inch. The above is in twips. You could have a bunch of image controls placed together like a table. Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Re: Libname method to create MS ACCESS database?
Ya, I don't know of a direct way to get around the problem. A kind of indirect way is to simply create an empty ms access file (say, called empty.mdb), in access, and then copy it whenever you want to create a new access file. e.g., x "copy g:\xxx\empty.mdb g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; HTH, Art -------- On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:15:58 -0500, Ya Huang <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> wrote: >Hi there, > >OK, I know that I can added tables into an exsiting MS ACCESS database: > >libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; > >data xx.junk; > set sashelp.class; >run; > >Where xx.mdb already there. > >What about if there is no database file yet, can I create a database >using libname method? > >I tried the following but failed: > >libname xx access "g:\xxx\yy.mdb"; > >data xx.junk; > set sashelp.class; >run; > >ERROR: Connect: Could not find file 'g:\xxx\yy.mdb'. >ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. > >Thanks > >Ya ...

Weird Problem... MS Access create a copy of the database by itself?
What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by itself? I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I delete it manually. Then, that same user access it again, another one is created. What's happening? Thanks for your help in advance. Perry Perry, do you have Compact On Close turned on under your options? Chances are that the spurious databases are left over as the result of a faulty compact. Access 2007 can do this, but older versions can too. In general Compact on Close is not a good idea. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <perryche@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1176477933.206090.253790@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by > itself? > > I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click > on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name > of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a > certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I > delete it manually. Then, that same u...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Access project database
Why isn't a database created on the MSDE?? Network: Two Win2K Pro machines connected as peers. (No domains.) MS Access is on X, MSDE2000A is on H. MS Access is run under: Windows Administrator. MSDE is set for Windows Authentication only. On using the Microsoft SQL Server Database Wizard to create an Access project, I don't specify a usename or password. After the wizard says it has the info it needs, it closes and a progress bar appears for a only a split second as the wizard tries to create the database. Indications are that the connections to the MSDE was dropped during creation. The result is that no database is created in the MSDE. Does Windows Authentication work on a peer-to-peer network?? Shouldn't the X Administrator be able to create a database on the H MSDE?? Lou Arnold ...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

Export table from old Access 2002 Database to create a new database
Hi , I'm wondering if there is a way for me to export some tables including data and structure from old database to a new database and then save as new database name. I try to create a marco and it create a new table within the same database. I would be appreciated if you can help me to create a code for one button that will export selected tables to a new database and then save as a new database name file. Thanks ;-) There's some example code here: http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/backup.txt It creates a new database, and loops through the tables in the current database, writing them to the new database. If a table is skipped (e.g. currently locked), it writes that to an error log. It exports the data into the backup file, whether the tables are linked or local. It does not create relations, or set all the field properties. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1157413122.083228.93930@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I'm wondering if there is a way for me to export some tables including > data and structure from old database to a new database and then save as > new database name. > > I try to create a marco and it create a new table within the same > database. > > I would be appreciated if you can help me to create a code for o...

Web resources about - creating invoices for all customers - comp.databases.ms-access

Customers ROCK! The Hidden Power of Your Customers Book
Social Media CRM, or Social CRM, is getting a lot of air time these days. But where does it fit?

Customer service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. According to Turban et al. (2002), "Customer service ...

Snapchat deceived its customers, FTC says
Popular mobile messaging app agrees to settlement, will be monitored for 20 years. By Benjamin Snyder, reporter FORTUNE Since it launched in ...

Freshdesk’s New In-Sync Customer-Service App Is Integrated With Facebook
... announced that its new In-Sync Facebook application is integrated with the social network, allowing its users to synchronize their customer-service ...

Telstra restoring services after another outage reported by customers
TELSTRA has restored mobile services across the country after a massive outage that wreaked havoc on customers using their mobile phones and ...

Tim Cook addresses FBI & encryption controversy at Apple’s press event: ‘we owe it to our customers’
One question that was up in the air leading up to Apple’s press event today was whether or not the company would use the very public stage to ...

Apple Unveils Smaller Phone in Bid for New Customers, Defends Stance in Privacy Battle
Those who read much of anything before Monday about Apple's product event weren't surprised by what the company rolled out. In keeping with ...

5 Tips for Using Social Listening to Understand Customers
... they have to become data scientists , there are plenty of social listening tools to help marketers uncover useful insights about their customers. ...

Google grabs Apple as a cloud data customer from Amazon
According to industry sources, Google’s cloud data platform has secured a major new customer this week - tech rival Apple. The news is a significant ...

Want the best customer support? Use Facebook
Facebook is the number one channel for people looking to get answers from retailers’ customer service in the UK, a new study shows. According ...