Database connectivity with MS Access in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

Hi All,

I am developing a intra-company website. I am working in MS Visual
Studio .NET, and am writing the code in VBScript.

I have an MS Access database with which i want to connect. Once the
connection is established, i want to retreive a particular record and
display one particular field of the record in a text box.

Given below is the concerned code snippet (the default.aspx.vb file):

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

    Protected Sub Submit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Submit.Click
        Dim Conn
        Dim rsAddRequest
        Dim val

        Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
        Conn.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
        Conn.Open(Server.MapPath("requests.mdb"))
        rsAddRequest = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

        rsAddRequest.CursorType = 2
        rsAddRequest.LockType = 3

        rsAddRequest.Open("Select * from request where
TrackingID='RR0004'", Conn)

        Name.Text = rsAddRequest.Fields("RequesterName").ToString()

        rsAddRequest.Close()
        rsAddRequest = Nothing
        Conn = Nothing
    End Sub
End Class

The database is requests.mdb; the table is request, the field to be
displayed is RequesterName and the text boc is named Name.

The code given above diplays "System.__ComObject" in the text box.

And, if i remove the .ToString() part, then the error generated is
"Conversion from type 'Field' to type 'String' is not valid."

Please help me out as i am unable to figure where i am going wrong and
what is the solution. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks.

abhinavdua@gmail.com wrote in

> I am developing a intra-company website. I am working in MS Visual
> Studio .NET, and am writing the code in VBScript.
>
> I have an MS Access database with which i want to connect

No, you have a Jet database that, perhaps, you created in MS Access.

Access is not involved -- only Jet. Jet and Access are two different
things. Learn the difference.

XXXusenet (2387)

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

Can I update a MS Access 2002 database with Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon?
I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual Studio instead? Cheers, In VB.Net you'd use the ADO.Net objects to update the database. Visual Studio.Net is just another Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. It has the added ...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

jdbc connection to MS access database
Im trying to connect my database. im using ms access when i try to execute my program it gives me this error i create my database by going to the odbc in the administrative tools. and when i try to execute my code it gives me this error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193) at Transit.main(Transit.java:16) and this is the code im using. try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); } catch(Exception e){ ...

Creating MS Access databases with VB (.net)
Hello, I am trying to create MS Access databases using VB .net. I can create MS Access 2000 databases OK but also want to create (using VB .net code) 97 format MS Access databases as well. Was using ADOX but the create statement has no parameters for access format and just creates database to whatever format of access you have installed. --- CODE START --- Dim cat As New ADOX.Catalog() Dim sCreateString As String sCreateString = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Test.mdb" cat.Create(sCreateString) --- CODE END --- Cheers Paul M Let me steal from a regul...

MS Access Connect to Sybase ASE database
Hi Expert Hope i point to the right grps, I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import the data. I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where can i get it.. I try www.sybase.com but not able to find the link to download the driver, only technical note, or any other's web site? Thank you and appreciate for your help, - Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin On Feb 20, 2:05=A0pm, "mohsin" <u31851@uwe> wrote: > Hi Expert > > Hope i point to the right grps, > > I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import = the > data. > > I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where = can > i get it.. > I trywww.sybase.combut not able to find the link to download the driver, > only technical note, > or any other's web site? > > Thank you and appreciate for your help, > - Mohsin > > -- > Cheers > Mohsin Go to www.sybase.com and search for Advantage ODBC Driver. The link is at the bottom of the page. ...

MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity
I am new to MS Access database and want to accomplish following. I have a database and report in MS Access 2003. There are multiple users who wants to access and generate their respective reports (self help). Because of certain license restrictions they can not access 2003 installed on my PC. We have a shared drive with 2002 installed on it. I wanted to accomplish a connection between Access 2003 (my PC) and MS Access 2002 (shared drive). I wanted to have 10 mins data refresh in 2002. Finally users will connect to 2002 and generate their report. Please advice me on how to accomplish this. Any pointers, suggestions, guidance will be really appreciated. Thanks and Regards Piyush same program minus the prettier menu bar icons in A2K3. if you have multiple users accessing at the same time, i'd suggest you look into a front-end, back-end setup. should be able to get the details from the help file. Read the following article of mine..it should help: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/index.htm Note that you can run mixed clients. So, some can be access 2000, some can be access 2002, and some can be 2003.. If you follow the above instructions, all 3 versions can use, and share that data file... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com ...

US-TX-Austin: Web Programmer, MS Visual Studio.NET, .NET Framework, Access, SQL; (45338457612)
US-TX-Austin: Web Programmer, MS Visual Studio.NET, .NET Framework, Access, SQL; (45338457612) ============================================================================================== Position: Web Programmer Reference: SMC01937 Location: Austin TX Duration: 6M Skills: Recent work experience MS Visual Studio�. NET and the MS .NET Framework. 2+yrs exp performing ongoing support and testing of database systems using Microsoft Access and SQL. 2+yrs exp supporting Office 2000/2003 (Word, Access, Excel ...

US-TX-Austin: Web Programmer, MS Visual Studio.NET, .NET Framework, Access, SQL; (45338452258)
US-TX-Austin: Web Programmer, MS Visual Studio.NET, .NET Framework, Access, SQL; (45338452258) ============================================================================================== Position: Web Programmer Reference: SMC01937 Location: Austin TX Duration: 6M Skills: Recent work experience MS Visual Studio�. NET and the MS .NET Framework. 2+yrs exp performing ongoing support and testing of database systems using Microsoft Access and SQL. 2+yrs exp supporting Office 2000/2003 (Word, Access, Excel ...

Web resources about - Database connectivity with MS Access in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET - comp.databases.ms-access

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Facebook’s Connectivity Lab: Drones, Planes, Satellites, Lasers To Further Internet.org Mission Of Bringing ...
Look, up in the sky. It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s a drone from Facebook? The social network Thursday announced the formation of the Connectivity ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Mark Zuckerberg on Internet.org: Connectivity key to socio-economic balance
Mark Zuckerberg is out to change the world through building an infrastructure that will open connectivity to everyone. In a wide-ranging interview ...

Parks and Recreation: You could have network connectivity problems - YouTube
http://ricochetvideos.com Andy Dwyer is the goofy, lovable character from Parks and Recreation, and in this scene he diagnoses Leslie's flu by ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...