Datasheet View: Second Combo Box Criteria Based on First Combo Box Value

Hello,

I need a query that will determine the values in a dropdown box (Module),
based on the value chosen in another dropdown box (Dir).

SELECT Modules.Module FROM Modules WHERE Modules.Directory=Dir.Value;

Tried:
Dir
[Dir]
[Dir].Value
Me.Dir
Me.Dir.ListBox
etc.

I'm sure others must have successfully accomplished this.  Many thanks if
you can help me!!!  Otherwise, I'm giving up.

Rosalie Tackett

Populate a combo box based on a selection in other combo box on same form
Hi all, In a project I am doing at work, we are producing different types of deliverables. Each deliverable has an occurance in tblDeliverable. Each deliverable has one or more versions, which are stored in tblVersion. Each version belongs to exactly one deliverable. We are doing some test work on the deliverables now, and when something is wrong we record an action (tblAction). Each action is done to exactly one deliverable. I have a form to edit the actions (frmAction). In this form I have a cboDeliverable with a lookup to tblDeliverable. This is how we registratie to what deliverab...

Fill combo/list box based on previous combo box selection?
I am fairly new to database design and am having some difficulty getting my combo boxes to work as I'd like them to. I would like to create a form with two combo boxes; the first one would select �JobNum' from my master job table and the second would select a �Supt' associated with the selected JobNum. My tables are setup like this: -tblEmp: Emp# (PRIMARY KEY), EmpName, etc. -tblSupt: SuptEmp#, Job# -tblInjury: InjuredEmp#, Job#, Supt#, etc. -tblJob: Job# (PRIMARY KEY), JobName, etc. How can I setup my two combo boxes so that: Combo Box 1 selects Job# from the list of Job#'s? I can get this far, but a can't seem to tackle the AfterUpdate event in order to successfully populate the 2nd combo box. And Combo Box 2 selects an associated Supt#, a list populated from the selection in Combo Box 1? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Nick Nick, If I understand you right, you want to select a Job# and have the second combo box update to show Supt#'s for the selected Job#. This is what I would do. This is done using a form. Since you have the Job# combo box working let's look at the Supt# combo. Create the Supt# combo like normal. Then go to the properties of the Supt# combo and go to the data tab. Then goto row source and click the build button. From here you can add the Job# field from your tblSupt to the design grid and set the criteria to the Job# combo box on your form. This will tell t...

Changing combo box list based on another combo box selection
I have a continuous form that has one combo box (cbo1) with the selectable values of "Removal" and "Installation". I would like to change another combo box (cbo2) value list based on the selection in cbo1. For example, when the user selects "Removal" from cbo1 I would like the value list of cbo2 to be one set of values and when "Installation" is selected in cbo1 I would like the value list of cbo2 to be a different set of values. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Troy Lee troy_lee@comcast.net wrote: > I have a continuous form that has one comb...

Requery Combo Box Clears All Combo Boxes
I have a subform that has a datasheet in it. In the datasheet I have multiple records. Each record has many textboxes and combo boxes. I have a particular combobox with 2 columns, Column 1 has the ID, Column 2 the description (The ID is hidden) (We will call this combobo cmbDescription). The combobox in question is dependend on a different combobox in the record (we eill call this combobox cmbCriteria) When I enter the cmbDescription I have some Code that goes like this. If Not IsNull(fldCriteris) Then GlobalCriteris = fldCriteria cmbDescription.Requery End If The cmbDescription uses...

value in list box or combo box
i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty there are no records in it . On Apr 12, 10:29 am, "access baby" <nishkr...@gmail.com> wrote: > i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i > have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box > should look in to that table or i type in the values. &...

How to reference one combo box from another combo box

Making combo boxes change options in other combo boxes
Hi, On my form I have one field of "City", and this in turn needs to effect "Township". When township is selected, the next field is distance, and for every 'township' there are 2 distances available to pick. (i.e. Washington brings townships 1-5, then township #1 has distances of 23Miles or 36Miles). How do I: 1) Make sure when a city is selected, only the townships in that city show up in the next drop down box. 2) Once a township is selected, there are basically 2 options in the next drop down box that should show up. What's the best way to do this? T...

filling combo box based on previous combo
I have a continuous form with 3 comboxes, combo1, combo2 combo3. The choices in combo2 are dtermined the what is selected in combo1 by using a where = combo1 statement. The combo is refreshed with code, i.e. . The combo are freshed with code on after update of previous combo. SO combo1 after update might be me.combo2.requery. It works well to fill in the combo box with the choices, but problem is when I go down to the next record in the continuous form and select comb1 record 2 it requeries and removes the data from combos in record 1. Any body have any ideas here..there must be a simpl...

Listbox based on text box and combo box.
On an unbound form, I have a combobox called 'cboproducttype' and a text box called 'txtamountappliedfor'. I have an Add button that I would like the user to be able to hit once a product and amount applied for has been entered. This should populate an unbound listbox to display their selections. A user can select one or more sets of product types and the amount applied for. They should also have the functionality to remove a 'set' if they made a mistake without the need to rebuild the whole listbox of selections. Then - I want to loop through the listbox of select...

Update combo box when another combo box onchange event
Hi I'm just trying to use access for the first time. I have used mysql befor so I know i little about datebases. I have imported some tables into access and i have some querys too. Now I want to use one of the query to update a combobox whem I select an option in anoyher combobox. I can run the query but how do I get the result into the combobox? And how do I update it? If someone will answer Thanks in advance *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 24 Mar, 10:00, kalle <ka...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > > I'm just trying to use access for th...

Excluding Previously selected Combo Box record to current Combo Box
I have a form for transfers, which has on it 2 combo boxes, each with the same list of locations in them. I want combo box 2 to include all the locations apart from the one selected in combo box 1. E.g. A user can't transfer something from NY to NY. Can anyone suggest how I do this? Thanks in advance Will, just exclude the value in your combobox (cbo1) from the result set of your query for combobox2. Something like this: (tblRowSource) is whatever your current query is. SELECT .... FROM tblRowSource WHERE ... AND tblRowSource.Field<>Forms!MyForm!cbo1 Let's say you have ...

Combo box dependent on another combo box, text part is blank
Hi, I have a form with several combo boxes, continuous form format, with record source a query off an Item Table. The fields are Category, Subcategory, and Color. I am displaying descriptions, not ID's, so I have to convert the ID's from various lookup tables. The combo boxes work fine except for subcategory, which is dependent on category. Depending on category, the drop-down box for subcategory will display different items. (for example, when Category is Furniture, Subcategory will display drop-down list of 'Dresser, Nightstand, Desk...". Without clicking on the drop...

Setting combo values based on first combo selection
Hello, Any help on this would be great. I have two combo's, one is an name selector, the second one is a number selector, but I would like the second one to automatically set itself to the number that corresponds to the name selected in the first combo. The table I'm working with has two fields: Name Number ----------- Joe 123 Jim 456 Combo1 is attached to the Name field. Combo2 is attached to the Number field. When I select Jim in combo1, I want Combo2 to set itself to 456, etc... This table also has a key ID field if that helps. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advan...

Populating a text box based on results from a combo box
Hi, I have a form with 4 combo boxes. They are used for selecting SchoolName (lists 28 names), LocationName (lists 4 geographic locations), EquipmentName (lists 14 equipment types) and ObservationNumber (lists count number 1-3). All of the the combo boxes contain two columns. The first column is visible and displays the common name that the user can identify. The second column is the bound column and is hidden. This column (2) lists the identification code associated with each variable in the respective combo box. I also have a single text box name ExposureID. The exposure ID is supposed to ...

Fill text box based on combo box selection
Okay this one has me stumped. I have a table called Review_Statements with the following columns: statementid type statement1 statement2 statement3 I have a form called SR_Review with an unbound combo box control (rationale_type) that is based on the statementid and type field of the table above. I also have another text box control on the same SR_Review form called rationale. This field is bound to field called "rationale" in another table called SR_Reviews. Here is what I *want* to take place. The user makes a selection in the rationale_type combo box, and based on the statemen...

Populating text box based on combo box selections
I have a form that contains two combo boxes that are related to each other. I need to find a way to populate my text box based on the criteria of the two combo boxes so the appropriate number appears in the text box. "SHAWTY721" <u38136@uwe> wrote > I have a form that contains two combo boxes that > are related to each other. I need to find a way to > populate my text box based on the criteria of the two > combo boxes so the appropriate number appears in > the text box. It's just not possible to be very helpful with the information you provided (Whi...

How to add a chosen value from a combo box into a text box
How to add a chosen value from a combo box into a text box, hereby using a command button? Bart Access 2003 if you want to *display* the value in an unbound textbox control, you don't need a command button. just set the control's ControlSource property to =[ComboboxName].[Column](n) replace ComboboxName with the correct name of the combobox control, and replace n with the column index number (remembering the index in a combobox control is zero-based - first column (0), second column (1), etc.) if you want to *store* the value in a textbox control bound to a field in the form's...

MS-Access Combo Box To List
Hi Group, I was trying to link a combo box with a list control and having some trouble with that. Could anyone please help me with that. Here's the example of the scenario. Combo Box ;- Country_Names (Pulls values from the country table(Just the country_name value)) (Each country will have a table by itself, For Example USA will be a table and it will have fields like "Area", Population", "States", "Major Cities", "Males", "Females"...etc." the fields vary from country to country. USA will have 20 Fields where as Japan will hav...

values in the combo box on the base of other combobox
i have 2 table payment_type and creditcard_type. On my form I want if I select cbopayment_type = "Credit card" then cbocreditcard_type have all the list of credit card in it which I have in my creditcard_type table. Can any one help please. Read this article. There's code there and everything. And while you're at it, have a look around. Prolly the best site on Access around... http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm thanks alot ...

Setting the size of column widths of a combo box through Code and Searching Combo Box
I have a combo box on a form which is based on table tblMachine. On that combo box I have four columns visible MachineNumber, description, location and type. The bound column is the MachineNumber and this is not set to 0 as the machines have its number on which means the user should know the machine number. My problem is if the user doesn't know the number. I have a button which changes the row source of the combo box to order by description, but when the user starts to type the description the relevant record does not come up as machine number is still visible. Is it possible, when I...

How to change the properties of Text box depending on the value of combo box.
Hi, I have created a combo box with "", Yes,No so that if user select any other option except Yes the text box should become disabled. For this I have written code in the exit event of the combo box it is working . But the problem is that, after reopening the form, if you navigate to same record it shows the check box enabled. Can anyone help me how to solve the problem. thanks Pervaiz Try using the same code in the 'On Current' event for the form. At present your code works ony if you exit the combo box, so when you open the form it won't run. With the 'On Curr...

enable a textfield based on the value in a combo box.
I have a main form and a subform. The main form has a combo box control and the subform has a textfield. What I want to do is when the main form loads it should check the value of the combo box and if it, lets say "MZ" then the textfield in the subform must be enabled otherwise it should be remain disabled. This should be done without setting any explicit focus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rex wrote: > I have a main form and a subform. The main form has a combo box > control and the subform has a textfield. > > What I want to do is when the main form loa...

how to show different values other than the first in a combo box
currently when I load a new form, i have a combo box that shows the first item in the list it pulls its data from the fields are customeridkey and customername and the code is... me.customeridkey = me.combo52.itemdata(0) i would like to know how to pull the last value, is there something that refers to the last record as opposed to 0 which refers to the first? I am guessing that there may be a command like strlen that gives me how many records there are in a table and that would go there but I dont know that command and then say I have a specific customer name that is neither the first or l...

Combo box based on a table
Hi, I have a form which has subform. I added a combo box to this subform. The field is called SalesPerson each order has a sales person field so we can calculate comission attached to each order. This combo box is based on a table which has all the sales person name. The problem is when I select sales person from the drop down list, it changes to same sales person for all the order. I want each order as an independent event. how can I unlink them so if I chose different salesperson for second order then the first order stays the same. Thanks in advance "Joe Smith" <cg001@canada...

Web resources about - Datasheet View: Second Combo Box Criteria Based on First Combo Box Value - comp.databases.ms-access

Datasheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A datasheet , data sheet , or spec sheet is a document that summarizes the performance and other technical characteristics of a product, machine, ...

ALLDATASHEET.COM - Datasheet search site, Datasheet search site for Electronic Components and Semiconductors ...
datasheet search, datasheets, Datasheet search site for Electronic Components and Semiconductors, integrated circuits, diodes and other semiconductors. ...

Electronic Parts Info, Electronic Component Inventory, Parametric Search - Datasheets
... from distributors/manufacturers. Search parametric data for design engineers. From semiconductors & passives to electromechanical parts, datasheets.com ...

Digi-Key - Electronic components, parts, datasheets & more on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Digi-Key - Electronic components, parts, datasheets & more. Download ...

The Small Cells, WiFi, DAS, Cloud RAN & HetNet Datasheet Market are Expected to Carry More Than 60% of ...
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Zetta DataProtect: Technical Datasheet - See How It Works
Hi CJ,The list gets longer! HarmonyPSA is also RMM-independant. HarmonyPSA includes a fully-featured CRM,... Posted 13 hours 2 min ago by ca ...

datasheet
If you use datasheets (which is probably every reader of Hackaday) you need to check out this tool that seeks to add modern features to the decades-old ...

OBIEE Plus Datasheet
Find out how Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus (OBIEE Plus) can provide insight to everyone in an organization and deliver ...

Rally Program Launch Datasheet - Rally Software
Rally Program Launch provides the software and services you need to launch and execute scaled Agile programs – so you can deliver the right products ...

Top notch job by OSHA staff to globally harmonize labels and datasheets for chemicals
While we’re on vacation, we’re re-posting content from last year. This post was originally published on March 23, 2012. By Celeste Monforton ...