f



Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003

Hi All,

Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from
Access 97 to Access 2003.
Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are
still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use
the same Access databases.
At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were
worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on
the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt.
The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of the
database in XP but with all the Tables removed and relinked to the 97
version.
This solution is working well on the whole but there have been a couple of
instances where that database has required a repair.

The main problem we are still having is that my colleagues and I can no
longer make any changes to the database while there are any users in.  Is
this a setting which we can change?
For instance, on 97 you could alter a form in the live database and then
save the altered form......XP doesn't seem to allow you to do that.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

John


0
8/2/2005 8:09:48 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42670 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

8 Replies
764 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

John, as you found, Access 2000 and later do a monolithic save, and there is 
no setting to override this.

For other suggestions on adapting to the newer versions, see:
     Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html
(The monolithic save issue is listed as #6 under 'Usability issues'.)

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"John Ortt" <JohnOrtt@Idontwantspamsonoreturnaddress.com> wrote in message
news:42ef2804$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net...
>
> Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from
> Access 97 to Access 2003.
> Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users 
> are
> still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to 
> use
> the same Access databases.
> At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were
> worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" 
> on
> the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt.
> The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of the
> database in XP but with all the Tables removed and relinked to the 97
> version.
> This solution is working well on the whole but there have been a couple of
> instances where that database has required a repair.
>
> The main problem we are still having is that my colleagues and I can no
> longer make any changes to the database while there are any users in.  Is
> this a setting which we can change?
> For instance, on 97 you could alter a form in the live database and then
> save the altered form......XP doesn't seem to allow you to do that.
>
> Any help would be massively appreciated.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> John 


0
AllenBrowne (3681)
8/2/2005 8:17:50 AM
Thanks Allen,

No the answer I wanted but still very helpful :)


"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
news:42ef2c33$0$11948$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
> John, as you found, Access 2000 and later do a monolithic save, and there
is
> no setting to override this.
>
> For other suggestions on adapting to the newer versions, see:
>      Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003
> at:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html
> (The monolithic save issue is listed as #6 under 'Usability issues'.)
>
> --
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.



0
8/2/2005 9:26:53 AM
"John Ortt" <JohnOrtt@Idontwantspamsonoreturnaddress.com> wrote in message 
news:42ef2804$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net...
> Hi All,
>
> Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from
> Access 97 to Access 2003.

I wonder which company that is.

> Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users 
> are
> still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to 
> use
> the same Access databases.
> At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were
> worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" 
> on
> the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt.
> The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of the
> database in XP but with all the Tables removed and relinked to the 97
> version.

Seems reasonable.

> This solution is working well on the whole but there have been a couple of
> instances where that database has required a repair.

I'm not sure that is related to A2k3 linking to an A97 BE.
>
> The main problem we are still having is that my colleagues and I can no
> longer make any changes to the database while there are any users in.  Is
> this a setting which we can change?
> For instance, on 97 you could alter a form in the live database and then
> save the altered form......XP doesn't seem to allow you to do that.
>

This is very dangerous practice, far more likely a source of corruption than 
linking different versions.  You should never attempt to change a FE in the 
production environment, you should always work on a development copy and 
deploy it to production once testing is complete.  You should also ensure 
that all users have their own copies of the FE.  This would also minimise 
the risk of unwanted conversions taking place.  Applying user-level security 
would stop it in its tracks but is a more long-term solution.

HTH - Keith.
www.keithwilby.com



0
keith.wilby1 (166)
8/2/2005 2:16:52 PM
"Keith" <keith.wilby@baeAWAYWITHITsystems.com> wrote in
news:42ef7dea$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net: 

> This is very dangerous practice, far more likely a source of
> corruption than linking different versions.  You should never
> attempt to change a FE in the production environment, you should
> always work on a development copy and deploy it to production once
> testing is complete.  You should also ensure that all users have
> their own copies of the FE.  This would also minimise the risk of
> unwanted conversions taking place.  Applying user-level security 
> would stop it in its tracks but is a more long-term solution.

Secondly, each user should have their own copy of the front end, so
if they convert, it won't affect anybody but the single user. 

This was true *before* Access 2000, of course.

-- 
David W. Fenton                        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc
0
dXXXfenton (2542)
8/2/2005 10:42:53 PM
"David W. Fenton" <dXXXfenton@bway.net.invalid> wrote in message 
news:Xns96A6BE7089BAAdfentonbwaynetinvali@216.196.97.142...
> "Keith" <keith.wilby@baeAWAYWITHITsystems.com> wrote in
> news:42ef7dea$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net:
>
>> You should also ensure that all users have
>> their own copies of the FE.  This would also minimise the risk of
>> unwanted conversions taking place.
>
> Secondly, each user should have their own copy of the front end, so
> if they convert, it won't affect anybody but the single user.
>
Erm, didn't I already say that David? ;-) 


0
keith.wilby1 (166)
8/3/2005 7:44:34 AM
Keith wrote:
> "David W. Fenton" <dXXXfenton@bway.net.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:Xns96A6BE7089BAAdfentonbwaynetinvali@216.196.97.142...
> 
>>"Keith" <keith.wilby@baeAWAYWITHITsystems.com> wrote in
>>news:42ef7dea$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net:
>>
>>
>>>You should also ensure that all users have
>>>their own copies of the FE.  This would also minimise the risk of
>>>unwanted conversions taking place.
>>
>>Secondly, each user should have their own copy of the front end, so
>>if they convert, it won't affect anybody but the single user.
>>
> 
> Erm, didn't I already say that David? ;-) 
> 
> 

Can I just add that all users should have their own copy of the front end.
;-)
-- 
[OO=00=OO]
0
nospam1955 (773)
8/3/2005 5:54:08 PM
"Trevor Best" <nospam@besty.org.uk> wrote in message 
news:42f104b0$0$318$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk...
>>>Secondly, each user should have their own copy of the front end, so
>>>if they convert, it won't affect anybody but the single user.
>>>
>>
>> Erm, didn't I already say that David? ;-)
>
> Can I just add that all users should have their own copy of the front end.
> ;-)
>
Can I just say this is the first time I've been on television?
;-p 


0
keith.wilby1 (166)
8/4/2005 7:44:07 AM
Keith wrote:
> "Trevor Best" <nospam@besty.org.uk> wrote in message 
> news:42f104b0$0$318$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk...
> 
>>>>Secondly, each user should have their own copy of the front end, so
>>>>if they convert, it won't affect anybody but the single user.
>>>>
>>>
>>>Erm, didn't I already say that David? ;-)
>>
>>Can I just add that all users should have their own copy of the front end.
>>;-)
>>
> 
> Can I just say this is the first time I've been on television?
> ;-p 
> 
> 

I normally end up on the telly when I'm drunk... or the sideboard, or 
the coffee table...

-- 
[OO=00=OO]
0
nospam1955 (773)
8/4/2005 5:30:14 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000
What are the most important differences between Access 97 and Access 2000? If I look at a book about Access 97, what should I be aware of when I work in Access 2000? Lisa One thing you need to be aware of is that Access 2000 requires a fast machine to get acceptable response times during development. I'm not sure how this works exactly, but I think Access97 saves individual objects as you work on them, whereas Access2000 saves the whole project. This can turn your delightful computer that easily develops Access97 databases into a horrid slow-coach that grinds its way painfully from save to save in Access2000, getting steadily worse as the project gets bigger. I have had to upgrade to a new Pentium IV 1.8 gHz - it flies thru Access2000. Ray -- Access Solutions for College and University Student Administration ETIK - Electronic Tender Issue Kit - Create and Issue tenders electronically and receive the responses electronically when clients use the free Response Kit. Grab! - Uses your PowerPoint files to create presentations on-the-fly for demonstrations, displays, queue distractors, Point-of-Sale information www.bluebridge.com.au Lisa Henkel <lisahenkel@monad.net> wrote in message news:43b0960a.0308150550.9cd15f0@posting.google.com... > What are the most important differences between Access 97 and Access > 2000? If I look at a book about Access 97, what should I be aware of > when I work in Access 2000? > > Lisa lisahenkel@monad.net (Lisa Henkel...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Access 97 to Access 2003
Am about to upgrade several machines running access 97 to new boxes with access 2003. Got a massive access front end DB with a SQL back end. Guess I will have to "upgrade" that '97 front. Anyone have any advice or things to watch out for? Any VBA hasles? Horror stories?? Hope it goes seamlessly... Got enough headaches. Hi Tom. This link contains our experience with upgrading Access. It does not address the SQL Server aspects, but does describe Setup, Conversion, and Usability issues: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au...

From access 97 to access 2000
Hi, My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by Access 2000). However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format. These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component: DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb LANGDRIVER= OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE SYSTEM DATABASE= PASSWORD= Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the following error: Gen...

Access 97 or Access 2003
Hi everybody I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. Question: -Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? Thank's On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:28:20 -0400, "Sylmena" <sylmena1@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. > >Question: >-Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? If you use MS Access '97, more people will be able to access your data. Access '97 doesn't use Unicode - a space/speed advantage if you are not storing Russian or a language other than English. I can't think ...

Running a ms access database with access 2003 in Vista
I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I can not save any new records. Has any one seen this problem yet? Thanks Clarence Wollman On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewollman@gmail.com> wrote: Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application? (search your computer for northwind.mdb) -Tom. >I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up >to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I >installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I >can not save any new records. >Has any one seen this problem yet? > >Thanks Clarence Wollman On Aug 22, 7:29 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote: > On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewoll...@gmail.com> > wrote: > > Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application? > (search your computer for northwind.mdb) I don't have a problem opening and editing the northwind.mdb. Thanks Hi I found a workaround. This database has a fronted and a backed. When I link them in the linked table manager, I was going threw the network to my computer. The reason I am doing this is when any networked computer opens the shortcut to the front end of this computer the linked table manger knows...

Accessing a passworded MS Access 2000 database in Crystal Reports
Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error opening file xxxxxxx etc" and then "Open Database session failed" Appreciate any help! Peter Tyler ...

Accessing 2 tables having same name but different databases ms-access
Hi, I have an application with MS-Access as backend and JSP/ tomcat as frontend/webserver. For getting better response time(as access is very slow compared to other RDBMS's), I have split the main DB into two DB's on different disks on my server for better performance.I have kept the table names same but changed the DB names. How do I access tables from both the DB's? This is what I have done; I made different connection to the respective DB's i.e. con and con2. When I want to access data, I am using 2 result sets for retriving data from the tables, but getting no result. Here is my code: rs2_1=stmt2_1.executeQuery("select * from Requests where Status='Released' AND LoginName='"+login+"' order by Req_No"); rs=stmt.executeQuery("select * from Requests where Status='Released' AND LoginName='"+login+"' AND Req_No> 5500 order by Req_No"); So, rs & stmt are for latest records and rs2_1 & stmt2_1 correspond the records from older DB. I think, I'm forgetting some small thing but cant get it. Please advice. What do you mean "no result"? Does "next()" return false for both rs2_1 an= d rs? If you're really trying to improve response time, you should probably be ru= nning the two queries in separate threads ... but as you acknowledge, Acces= s may not have as high performance as other RDBMSs. You would also see rel= iability adv...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Accessing Access
Hello, what would be a good module for accessing data contained in a MS Access database file? Are there any examples of doing this that you know of? In article <nn1Ah.2617$2%1.2205@trndny02>, <QoS@domain.invalid.com> wrote: > >Hello, what would be a good module for accessing data contained in >a MS Access database file? Are there any examples of doing this >that you know of? Depends what kind of platform you can use. If you are under Windows, DBD::ODBC will work wonders. If you `bridge' Windows <-> Unix, you can set up a DBI::ProxyServer on a windows...

Accessing a passworded MS Access 2000 database in Crystal Reports #2
Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error opening file xxxxxxx etc" and then "Open Database session failed" Appreciate any help! Peter Tyler ...

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed ---------------------------...

Access 2007 difference from Access 2003
I have some generalized table edit logic that works fine in Access 2003 but has a quirk in 2007. IN the form heading, the user selects the table from a drop down list. My code then looks up the descriptions of each field and populates the headings. It also populates descriptions for selection fields. In Access 2003 I have to issue a me.refesh in order to have these VBA set values visible. In Access 2007 that does not work. They flash on the screen then go away. When I do enter a selection and the selection works and displays records, then the column headings as well as description/labels of the selection fields are all displayed. all these fields I am setting via vba code are unbound. suggestions? bob ...

Access 2000 vs. Access 2003
Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run on Access 2000? Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from the Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the Options dialog? I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and I've only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing Access 2003 on my development workstation. Do I need to install Access 2000 on my development workstation? I assume 2000 and 2003 will co-exist without any issues. Thanks in advance. deko wrote: > Is it possible to deve...

Conversion: Access 2000 to Access 2003
All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for distribution but would like your input regarding Access as many of our group use it. I am concerned especially about linking to other Access databases. And about connecting to Dbo data. We also regularly connect to and from Excel files. All of our databases are rather small, and we do not share many, so SQL Server is not an issue. Looking forward to hearing your insight. As Lyle and David can attest to, I've had a bad deal with Office 2003 on Windows XP. For whatever reason, Access 2003 imported about 5 times as many records as it was supposed to when working with ONE query only. No other queries displayed this problem. It seems to have something to do with Access' interaction with dBASE IV files. I don't know if this problem exists when using other types of external files. In a nutshell, it seems to me that you will probably have a number of problems at first, but you will eventually find them all and either be able to fix them or create workarounds for them. "Deb" <koplend@swbell.net> wrote in news:1134069789.188901.195630@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week > from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have > downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for ...

migrating from access 97 to access 2000
Hello, What is the best way to do this. I have many off-site locations with access 97 back-end databases. If I wish to go to access 2000, and don't want to manuall upgrade the back ends to access 2000, how do I automate this? If there isn't a way to do this through code, do I need to install to a different folder with a blank 2000 database, and manually import each table's data from the 97 database? Or is there an easier way? Many Thanks, "ARC" <andy@andyc.com> wrote: >What is the best way to do this. I have many off-site locations with access >97 back-end databases. If I wish to go to access 2000, and don't want to >manuall upgrade the back ends to access 2000, how do I automate this? If >there isn't a way to do this through code, do I need to install to a >different folder with a blank 2000 database, and manually import each >table's data from the 97 database? Or is there an easier way? You can programmatically compact a database to a new version. However, according to the A2000 help using the DAO compactdatabase method ". You can compact newdb only to a version that is the same or later than that of olddb." But the ADO compactdatabase method will work to the A2000 version. That said it's no big deal if your users are on A2000 and the BE is in A97. Performance might not be quite as good although I don't have any concrete reasons for saying that. I would strongly urge you to re...

Access 2003 macros in Access 2000
Hey, I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! San wrote: > Hey, > > I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access > 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database > on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run > any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing > Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! You could try to create a new empty 2000 database window in the 2000 office workstation and then try to import the objects from the other access database you are trying to open. ...

Use Access 97 or Access 2003
I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered around the country. I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months. I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003 especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app. However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP. So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or later before I port Access 2003? - Mark "Mark G. King" <markgk...

Conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000
I know little about Access. I have a program that produces school reports written in Access 97. When I try to run it in Access 2000 I keep getting the following error message - Compile error: Ambiguous name detected: Command4_Click When the debugger starts the following line is highlighted - Private Sub Command4 Click Can anyone assist with this problem Thanking you Don Nethercott Don, Open your form in design view then click on the Code button in the toolbar at the top of the screen. It's the only colored button and is at the left of the Properties button. This opens the code module behind your form. Look down through the subroutines there. You have two subroutines that begin with Private Sub Command4 Click. One of them needs to be deleted. -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "Don Nethercott" <nethercott@kooee.com.au> wrote in message news:40bc6c3f_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > I know little about Access. I have a program that produces school reports > written in Access 97. When I try to run it in Access 2000 I keep getting the > following error message - > Compile error: Ambiguous name detected: Command4_Click > When the debugger starts the following line is highlighted - > Private Sub Command4 Click > > Can anyone assist with this pro...

Linking from Access 2000 to Access 97
I have a database that I want to setup both an Access 97 and 2000 front-end to. When I link to the Access 97 database from Access 2000 I can't update/delete/or add data. I can only view it. However, when I link from 97 to 97 it works fine. Is there a way to make this work so that a 2000 front end can fully manipulate the data in a 97 backend? A2000 can have linked tables from an A97 mdb and the data in the tables can be edited, deleted and inserted. There must be something else happening. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://all...

MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000
Dear all, I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an Access 97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a solution. 1. The problem: Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are NOT displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly in Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the results correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN mode. 2. Background: -I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very ...

Create MS/ACCESS database app for non-ms/access users
Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs? I was told that this is possible, but I don't know what software is needed. Do you know? If so, please answer this post. Thanks. SueB *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Per Sue Bricker: >Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package >it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs? > >I was told that this is possible, but...

Access 97 Converted to 2000 refuses to work on other PC with Access 2000
Hi I have an Access 2000 database which was written in Access 97 and then converted to Access 2000. However I cannot run the Access database on another PC with just Access 2000. It keeps on complaining as if it is an unconverted database or that I must join the workgroup. No workgroups were set in the original Access 97 PC so how do you know which workgroup to join ? I have tried the Knowledge base articles Q241141 and Q 241230 to no avail. Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks Jozua ...

accessing ms access via ODBC without Microsoft Access
Hi, If I have a computer without Microsoft Access installed but with an ODBC connection to a .mdb file - can I still access the 'database' via ODBC? thanks Tim <timasmith@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145206985.433826.106120@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > If I have a computer without Microsoft Access installed but with an > ODBC connection to a .mdb file - can I still access the 'database' via > ODBC? Yes, provided you are running a program prepared in a language that supports ODBC and have installed an ODBC driver on that user's machine. What you cannot do is to access a Jet (often called Access) database via ODBC from Access. You can link to tables in that Jet database, or open it directly, but you can't ODBC to Jet tables from Access itself. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

Web resources about - Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003 - comp.databases.ms-access

Difference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

3Q EARNINGS: Mark Zuckerberg on the Differences Between Messenger and WhatsApp
When Facebook announced its intent to acquire cross-platform messaging application WhatsApp in February, questions surfaced on whether WhatsApp ...

Facebook Tips: What’s the Difference between Top News and Most Recent?
The following is part of our series, Facebook Tips, which answers some of the most commonly asked questions about using Facebook. While we hope ...

No evidence Ritalin makes a difference long term for ADHD kids
ADHD kids continue to struggle academically and mentally as they get older, regardless of whether they're on medication.

The X factor: Who's ready to make a difference for your club?
We take a look at a player from each club who used the NAB Challenge to show they could give their team&nbsp;something different in 2016.

Galaxy S7 Isocell vs Sony camera sensor: what’s the difference?
... have every right to believe all Samsung Galaxy S7 handsets are created equal, but such is not the case. And we are not only talking about differences ...

The marginal importance of marginal ideological differences on the Supreme Court
I am not getting the argument that Obama’s choice of a moderate justice is a massive concession even if he can be confirmed before the lame duck ...

What are the differences between AR and VR?
Now that HTC Vive has become available, we seem to have moved past virtual reality that gives you motion sickness and we can really start to ...

Not a dime's worth of difference?
Not a dime's worth of difference? by digby There are many differences between the parties but this one may be the most important: [B]illionaire ...

The Democratic Party Brand Is So Fouled By Blue Dogs And New Dems That Voters Don't Know The Difference ...
... One crucial challenge along the way may be to get voters to appreciate that on these issues, there are stark, deeply consequential differences ...

Resources last updated: 3/21/2016 8:21:01 AM