different permission for different users for password using tables and forms

hi guys, i have a project on my hand and what i'm told to do is to
create a log-in feature using tables and forms.

Da question is that is there any way to allow different users different
access to enter into the forms or even to prevent some users from
entering data in certain tables?

I know they have a ms-access security feature but was told i had to do
the old way which is drivin me nuts..

Can anyone help me? Realli do appreciate ur help!

Thanxs lotsa!

Regards

0
Yeo.darren (22)

what is "the old way"?
I would try to convince your boss to let you do it the right way, which is
with Access' User Level Security. Once you get it set up correctly (which is
not a simple task - it will take you some studying to get it right) then
logging in and having different permissions for different users is easy to
do. "doing it yourself" might be just as much work, but wont be nearly as
secure.
For info on Access' security, check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fsupport%2Faccess%2Fcontent%2Fsecfaq.asp

-John

"Nerrad" <Yeo.darren@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi guys, i have a project on my hand and what i'm told to do is to
> create a log-in feature using tables and forms.
>
> Da question is that is there any way to allow different users different
> access to enter into the forms or even to prevent some users from
> entering data in certain tables?
>
> I know they have a ms-access security feature but was told i had to do
> the old way which is drivin me nuts..
>
> Can anyone help me? Realli do appreciate ur help!
>
> Thanxs lotsa!
>
> Regards

0
John
1/3/2006 6:10:38 AM
Since you know, and have already told the responsible parties (I presume)
that neither Access Security and certainly not a Security Lite (done the
"old way") is likely to do much more than delay anyone who is serious about
breaking in to your database appliecation, feel free to proceed with
Security Lite.

You will need to invent a coding scheme to cover the different permissions
that you allow. You'll need to code the users' ID and their codes in a table
(just to keep an unknowledgeable manager from poking around, start the name
of that table with USys... so it will not show unless "view system tables"
is checked... name it something that does not reek of security, just in case
one of those managers does poke around and see it.

Use the technique and API described in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/ to
retrieve the user's Windows login, so the user does not have to log in
separately. I believe that technique and API are api0008.htm. If you prefer,
or the management prefers, you can place a password on the Admin user so the
users have to log in via Access security; otherwise, create your own login
form.

As the user enters each form, or before executing a DoCmd.OpenForm, check
this user's permissions against the ones required for the Form and use the
Enabled and Locked properties to prevent changes to those for which the user
only has view permissons.

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

"Nerrad" <Yeo.darren@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi guys, i have a project on my hand and what i'm told to do is to
> create a log-in feature using tables and forms.
>
> Da question is that is there any way to allow different users different
> access to enter into the forms or even to prevent some users from
> entering data in certain tables?
>
> I know they have a ms-access security feature but was told i had to do
> the old way which is drivin me nuts..
>
> Can anyone help me? Realli do appreciate ur help!
>
> Thanxs lotsa!
>
> Regards

0
bouncer (4168)
1/3/2006 3:34:32 PM
On 1 Jan 2006 22:05:45 -0800, "Nerrad" <Yeo.darren@gmail.com> wrote:

>hi guys, i have a project on my hand and what i'm told to do is to
>create a log-in feature using tables and forms.
>
>Da question is that is there any way to allow different users different
>access to enter into the forms or even to prevent some users from
>entering data in certain tables?
>
>I know they have a ms-access security feature but was told i had to do
>the old way which is drivin me nuts..
>
>Can anyone help me? Realli do appreciate ur help!
>
>Thanxs lotsa!
>
>Regards

See http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm for retrieving the
network logon name and then set Cancel = True in the form OnOpen event
to stop unauthorised users opening that form.

psuttonr (9)

Different users, different access using encrypted data
My database have 20 tables and many users. I wish to store encrypted data in 3 tables and have only 3 users have access to them, walking into tables or using forms. Can someone point me a direct help or something to read? Tnx Nico Nico wrote: > My database have 20 tables and many users. I wish to store encrypted > data in 3 tables and have only 3 users have access to them, walking > into tables or using forms. > > Can someone point me a direct help or something to read? > > Tnx > Nico Read the security faq: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us...

Different user, different indexes used. Why?
When I connect using SQL*Plus to Oracle 8i DB using cost based optimization and run _identical_ queries (syntax and literals) as two different users, as one of the users the query takes less than a second and as the other user it takes over a minute. I did an explain plan on both and found that for the fast user unique indexes are used on all three tables in the query and for the slow user only one unique index is used while the other two indexes are ignored. Can someone explain how this could happen? Thanks, Sam On Feb 14, 1:45 pm, samuelroll...@gmail.com wrote: > When I connect using SQL*Plus to Oracle 8i DB using cost based > optimization and run _identical_ queries (syntax and literals) as two > different users, as one of the users the query takes less than a > second and as the other user it takes over a minute. I did an explain > plan on both and found that for the fast user unique indexes are used > on all three tables in the query and for the slow user only one unique > index is used while the other two indexes are ignored. > > Can someone explain how this could happen? > > Thanks, > Sam The two queres probably aren't accessing the same tables. Look for unqualified table names in your query. You could have private synonyms that differ for each user. Or one of the users could have a table of the same name in their own schema. - Bobby > The two queres probably aren't accessing the same tables. Look for > unq...

MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images
MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images Hi, Would like to have users fill out a multipage form, and then click a print button, which pulls up the info just entered for a particular record and print out multiple pages of forms, each page having a different image as background. 1) Anyone know how to make a form with multiple pages that different images as background? 2) Anyone know a way to create a multipage report where each page has a different background image (but the data across all of the pages come from the same record)? Thanks, George ...

Same user name - different user
From:Dave Comcast (dgattis@comcast.net) Subject:Same user name - different user - different domain Newsgroups:comp.mail.sendmail Date:2002-12-17 14:54:30 PST Same user name - different user - different domain. How is this done? Example: user "A" is jblow@domain1.com user "B" is jblow@domain2.com They have the same user names but use different domains. Whats the best way to handle this? Currently, an alias is all inclusive to any domain I handle. If I create an alias that jb = jblow, it covers all domains. How do you separate them? Help! Thanks, Dave http://r...

How to restrict access to root user from different user in unix/linux with using 'SUDO SU' command
Dear All, Actually in my Linux server is having 3 users whose are ( root,user1, user2). User1,user2 doesn't have full privileges. But i can switch to root user from user1 with user1 password. How i can restrict switching to root with 'SUDO su' command. Best Regeards Kranthi. On 2015-04-14, kranthi kumar <kumar.kranthi003@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, Actually in my Linux server is having 3 users whose are ( > root,user1, user2). User1,user2 doesn't have full privileges. But i can > switch to root user from user1 with user...

Playing & recording WAVE-type sound in MS Access
I've followed the instructions found on Microsoft's site... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;149119&Product=acc97 Here are those instructions... To play and record sounds, follow these steps: Create the following new table in Design view: Table: Messages ----------------------- Field Name: Message Data Type: OLE Object Save the table as Messages, and then close the table. Create a new form in Design view based on the Messages table. Add the following controls to the form: Bound Object Frame: Name: Message ...

join between two tables of 2 differents databases mounted on 2 differents servers
Hi, I would like to to create a join select statement between 2 tables each one being on different databases and different servers. I have created a link between the two databases but the remote table is not recognised when I do the select statement. Any idea ? Thanks, Laurent "Laurent RUHLMANN" <lruhlmann@ingesoft.fr> wrote in message news:bv8gbj$af3$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net... | Hi, | | I would like to to create a join select statement between 2 tables each one | being on different databases and different servers. I have created a link | between the two databases but the remote table is not recognised when I do | the select statement. | | Any idea ? | | Thanks, | | Laurent | | more details would help: db link definitions sql statement that fails db versions Laurent RUHLMANN wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to to create a join select statement between 2 tables each one > being on different databases and different servers. I have created a link > between the two databases but the remote table is not recognised when I do > the select statement. > > Any idea ? > > Thanks, > > Laurent Lots of them. They all start with the fact that you didn't tell us anything particularly useful. Lets start with the basics: 1. What version and edition of Oracle? 2. What is the name of the database link? 3. Did you test the database link to see if it was working? 4. How? 5. What SQL did you write? 6. "is not recognize...

How to run X applications using different user ids on two different machines
Hello newsgroup participants, I am in the following situation: I have two accounts (let us call them a1 and a2) on two different machines (let us call them m1 and m2). I want to do following: I would like to start application on machine m1 under account a1 and got it displayed back on machine m2 (so far account does not matter). I cannot set any additional user acount on machine m2 because I do not have root privilegies, so it means also I cannot set any user account a1 on machine m2. Magic cookie authorization, as I understand it, would not work under these circumstances in its mos...

Different Versions for Different Users, Fast User Switch
Problem: I want to run Eudora 6 for a test account while I keep using Eudora 5.2 for my main account. Possible solution: Different Versions for Different Users... - Install the new Eudora 6, create a new "test" user - Main user launches Eudora 5.2 by double clicking the application - Fast User Switch to "test" user - Test user launches Eudora 6 by double clicking that application. Different mail account, different settings, whole different Eudora Folder. - Switch back and forth with Fast User Switching. Will this work? Or will a second instance of the Eud...

different users have different conduits
My home computer has Windows XP. My wife and I each have a log-in and we each use a Tungsten E. When we log in under her windows screen, there are nore hotsync conduits than when we log in under my windows screen. This is true whether we're loooking at her device or mine. Other than reinstalling, any way to get my windows login to show the same options we get under hers? - Henry ...

Different databases or different schemas?
Hi, Even if I'm using Oracle since some year, I have some (many?) doubts about the use of differents schema instead of different DBs. Generally to manage a test environment, a development enviroment and a production environment, I create 3 different databases on the same oracle instance (MYDB_TEST, MYDB_PROD, MYDB_DEV). But I was thinking if to create only 1 database and 3 different schemas for test, developing and production on the same database, could be a better solution. Does anybody can suggests me which is the best solution and which are the advantages (and disadvantages) of the two choices? Thank you in advance Alessandro Rossi On Jun 24, 11:55=A0am, alessandro.ross...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > Even if I'm using Oracle since some year, I have some (many?) doubts > about the use of differents schema instead of different DBs. > Generally to manage a test environment, a development enviroment and a > production environment, I create 3 different databases on the same > oracle instance (MYDB_TEST, MYDB_PROD, MYDB_DEV). But I was thinking > if to create only 1 database and 3 different schemas for test, > developing and production on the same database, could be a better > solution. > > Does anybody can suggests me which is the best solution and which are > the advantages (and disadvantages) of the two choices? > > Thank you in advance > Alessandro Rossi An Oracle instance supports only one Oracle database at a time, ever...

different personalities
Hello c.m.e.m-s, i'm using version 6.0.1.1 in the sponsored mode. I have several personalities (not schizophrenic, i mean different e-Mail accounts ;-)), all with different passwords. Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them? With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to save the DOMINANT-password. Thank you very much for any help. Heiko In article <r4ql0015nnkohl7balvp4mj4a3t3ba9r9l@4ax.com>, hfriedri@web.de says... > Hello c.m.e.m-s, > > i'm using version 6.0.1.1 in the sponsored mode. > > I have several personalities (not schizophrenic, i mean different > e-Mail accounts ;-)), all with different passwords. > > Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them? > With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to > save the DOMINANT-password. > > Thank you very much for any help. > > Heiko > I have multiple accounts also and am having no problem with it remembering the passwords. It should ask you for each password the first time and remember them there after. There is the ability to look at the setup for each persona by going into persona and right clicking on a persona and selecting properties. Heiko Friedrich <hfriedri@web.de> wrote: > Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them? Yes. > With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to > save the DOMINANT-password. That...

Re: I would like to remotely control a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to create multiple different passwords for different users
Hi there, &nbsp; I tried&nbsp;the Remote Panel Login&nbsp;examples which were attached by Zvezdana S. It works when main.vi running in Labview enviroment. But after I created a executable file of main.vi, it didn't work, the Web Server: Browser Access couldn't be changed from "remote panel loging.vi".&nbsp; BTW, both main.exe and Remote Panel Login,vi run at the same PC. &nbsp; I am confused by ports number, ini file. How could I set port number when they are running at the same PC? When I built the executable file, ini file was built in as a support file...

Help: 2 different web apps, by 2 different users, want to use the same session filename for data.
I have a server where two different users are each running a different web application. I installed SugarCRM for one, and Info@Hand (built from SugarCRM) for the other. Both are trying to save and access the same file in the PHP session_save_path (/tmp/ sess_c2b09aac9b607b1df05d73c7f1c4cbb1). If I delete that file, the whichever app runs first, saves data under that filename and the other will fail. They both keep regenerating the same filename. I thought that data stored in the session_save_path had random filenames? How can I fix/get around this? -- Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo) ...

How to open Form in different database from the current database
I have to program the button that will open a specific form in the different database. This second database currently has a macro called Autoexec that opens this Form when the database opens. I tried this code, but get error ("You cancelled the previous operation") when it executes line that I marked as (!!!): ********************************************** Dim objACC As New Access.Application DoCmd.SetWarnings False '-----------Open different database------------ Set objACC = GetObject("K:\Greeley_Surveys\PRAssessment\PR Assessment v14. mdb") objACC.DoCmd.RunMacro ("Autoexec") (!!!) objACC.DoCmd.Close DoCmd.SetWarnings True objACC.Quit Set objACC = Nothing ********************************************** Could you please help with this code or suggest different? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:14:46 GMT, JuliaM via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have to program the button that will open a specific form in the different > database. This second database currently has a macro called Autoexec that > opens this Form when the database opens. > I tried this code, but get error ("You cancelled the previous operation") > when it executes line that I marked as (!!!): > ********************************************** > Dim objACC As New Access.Application > > DoCmd.SetWarnings False > '-----------Open different database------------ > Set objA...

bringing together two different databases (with different schemes) into one database
Hi, I use Oracle 9i and would like to mix two different databases into one. These two databases have different tables and views. Each name of a table or view is unique and does not exist in the other database. Now I would like to bring them all together into a new database so that this new database has all the information of the other two databases (table-descriptions and contents of tables/views). Also it would be great if this would be possible autimatically at a special time, i.e. in the night. If you can help me and have a manual reference, please tell me the URL because I am really new to Oracle. Thank you very much, Dennis How big the schmeas are in those database? I think export and import would be a good idea in this case. Take schema export from one database and import it in the a database where you want. For an example, On database A exp system/password@tnsname file=username.dmp log=username.log owner=user_name_which_you_want_to_export direct=y statistics=none On Database B Create a similar user and with the exact default tablespace (for convineance purpose). Once done with user creation. imp system/password@tnsname file=username.dmp log=imp_username.log fromuser=username touser=username statistics=none once you see 'imported successfully finished without warning', then analyze the newly imported schema in database B. For more help, search at http://asktom.oracle.com site. if you are really sure that none of table has same name : export from data...

Different Threads using Cache Differently
On my web page, at http://home.ecn.ab.ca/~jsavard/other/arcint.htm I've been making frequent modifications and extensions to the description of a typical computer that I wrote quite a while ago. Now, it's anything but simple; it includes a mode with Cray-style capabilities, but while the Cray machines have a RISC architecture, this mode is definitely CISC. Because of the wide variety of little-used instructions I've included in other modes, it occured to me that this was an architecture likely to benefit from multithreaded operation. Well, something else has occurred to me. Each parallel thread should get its own chunk of cache. Why not have the memory management unit flexible enough so that some processes can run using the cache as their main memory, while others are less privileged? And I went even further! Since some caches are organized so that a cache line is equal in size to the address/status bits associated with a cache entry, when a cache segment is instead used as main memory, with a little extra circuitry, its size could then double. Using cache as main memory isn't a new idea, of course, but the idea of sometimes doing it and sometimes not, even for threads running at the same time - is this a new idea? John Savard ...

On redhat, different users = different @INC
Hi, We have RedHat 4EL and perl 5.8.5. Per a user's request I installed Date:Simple, using perl -MCPAN -e shell as the root user. Now root can find Date::Simple, but other users cannot. They do not want to include a lib statement in their scripts or invoke with a -I. The @INC libraries are close, but not identical. Does anyone know how to correct or resolve this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Best regards, Russ On Aug 20, 3:00 pm, Russ <russell.bro...@perdue.com> wrote: > We have RedHat 4EL and perl 5.8.5. Per a user's request I > installed Date:Simple, us...

Can different-users have different-X?
For the PC that never goes-online, I login as root. *sorry*!! Now I've got a subtle/complex problem that seems to be related to the font-server. I read that only root can change the font-server. I don't want to reboot, and lose all my work, but wanted to see/if what a non-root user sees in X. Because I didn't cultivate the habit of pretending I'm various different non-root userS, I just *assumed* that this multi-user OS could log different users into different X configurations. I favour blacbox, but Mary may prefer twm. The error is <server already active o...

different languages for different users in xp
Is it possible to set different languages for different users in XP? I have a chinese user who does not speak English. The rest of us are red blood Americans. Can I set up his user account using Chinese language while the rest of us have our own English on the same machine? Thanks. Sorry Sorry Sorry wrong group. ...

Setting different path for different users
Hi, I am working on a Windows 7 server at my work, with my user name. I am working on a file fulled with m files programs. These file is set on the path. The thing is, sometimes I make a copy of the file, that I save on another place of the computer, so that my boss can test the program. The problem is that is I add the path of the place where the testing file is located, when I run my program from the origiinal file, there is a conflict between the two paths (because the mfiles inside have the same names...) So my question is: is there a way to tell matlab: "when user1 is running...

Setting different permissions on different directories
Hi, I wish to know if I can set different umask for different directories. My problem is the general umask set up on our system is 077 but in one of the directories we need group access thus drwxrwxr-x 44 user group 4096 Apr 24 19:55 apps Now we also wish users to create files in this directory which should be accessible and modifiable by other users. But since the umask is 077 the files are not readable. Now I wish to know if there is anyway I can setup a different umask just for this or any public directory so the files are writable by anyone. One way which I can think ...

Web resources about - different permission for different users for password using tables and forms - comp.databases.ms-access

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Davies McDonalds Happy Meal Project- all photos ©Sally Davies- use with permission only - an album on ...
View the album on Flickr. Flickr logo. If you click it, you'll go home Sign Up Explore Recent Photos The Commons 20under20 Galleries World Map ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

'Give me the tooth': Pensioner fights for teeth 'taken without permission'
Perth pensioner Doreen Wilkes is fighting to get her front teeth back after they were allegedly removed by a student dentist without permission. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.