Different text styles in the same text box

I am developing a bibliographic database.
I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this:
- Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002.
The last string has been obtained by an expression like this:
[author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date]
Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the
different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book
title, etc).
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance
Davide
0
madhorse (2)

If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that
would allow you to do this, but I don't think anything in Access will allow
it.

Mike Storr
www.veraccess.com

"Davide" <madhorse@tin.it> wrote in message
> I am developing a bibliographic database.
> I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this:
> - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002.
> The last string has been obtained by an expression like this:
> [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date]
> Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the
> different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book
> title, etc).
> Is it possible?
> Thanks in advance
> Davide

0
nobody5268 (138)

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using bound text box in some other forms, in this particular form I can't use bound control, so I need to pass text from UNBOUND control to the linked table by using DAO or ADO code. It seems that DAO query can't accept Memo as parameter, but only text. If my text exceeds length of 255, I have an VBA error 3271. If text in unbound text box is shorter that 255 everything is OK. So, is there any way to pass text of length >255 from unbound text box to Memo field of linked PostgreSQL table, by using DAO or ADO ? Thanks in advance, Zlatko On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 01:15:54 +0200, "Zlatko Mati�" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: >Hello. >I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: >There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a >commentary of a batch of records. >There is a DAO Append Query tha...

text formatting on different sources in an unbound text box

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbeck wrote: > How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in > another text box in the page's footer? > > For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which > displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all > the activities it displays the various points for each activity. > In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have > in the control source for the totals textbox: > > =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) > > but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? Read Microsoft Knowledgebase article: 132017 'How to sum a column of numbers in a report by page' -- Fred Please only reply to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal email. ...

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the part along with its price should appear in each of their respective text boxes. If PartNumber 12345 is a Washer that costs 0.75 then The PartDescription, and PartPrice should read Washer in PartDescription text box and $0.75 in the PartPrice text box. In other words I need some code or method that upon entering a PartNumber in the PartNumber field finds the record referred to and then returns the value other columns in the table. There should be no error if a field is left blank. This database will be used to enter warranty claims, so that the user will be able to enter parts and automatically know how much they will be reimbursed for the part. Thanks for your help, Shannan Casteel -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200507/1 hmm... 40 partnumber textboxes? Are you sure you don't want something like a d...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

text + text

text-text

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are= met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top = of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) = and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the cond= itional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. > > How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Barry Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False. Then when true change to Visible =3D True. Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote in news:21224033.2400.1333297115162.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbbdy 9: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain > conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put > another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the > "conditional formating" text box) and hav...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to highlight and drag over the rest of the area you want to highlight while holding down the left mouse button until you reach the end of the desired text. If you will always want to highlight the same section of text, then in the control's Got Focus event you can select text using code. Check the SelStart and SelLength properties in the VBA help file. -- Wayne Morgan MS Access MVP "Steve Richfield" <google@smart-life.net> wrote in message news:785c9c16.0411052022.261ec5e2@posting.google.com... > When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor > position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I > click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small > portion of the text in a text box. > > This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an > XP system. > > Ste...

MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem
Hi, I am new to MS-Access. I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an imported Excel spreadsheet. The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the currency format of the field is being picked up from the original Excel spreadsheet. I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost" which is calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]). This calculation gives the correct value for the sum, but I cannot control the display format. In the report Design view this field =Sum([Item Cost]) has a property sheet which contains a format value of "Currency". However, on the generated report this value just displays as a standard decimal. How do I get the report to display =Sum([Item Cost]) with a leading currency symbol (UK Sterling in my case) and two decimal places? Thanks Clive "Clive" <clive_long@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8678680d-5123-4263-98c2-cfbb739fd5bb@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am new to MS-Access. > > I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an > imported Excel spreadsheet. > > The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of > the field is displayed on the report and the field has N...

MS Access
I've got a bound report with a query as the record source. I'm adding a total to the footer and have inserted a text box to display it. I'm attempting to set the control source of the text box to a different sum aggregate query using the expression builder. When I select the query and it's single field, single row field it inserts the following in the control source box for the text box. =[Qrydetsum_offtotal]![Office_total] I've tested the query ( Qrydetsum_offtotal ) independently and it runs and returns a single value each time for the calculated field, Office_total. But when the report runs it simply displays #error. As an alternative I've tried to load the result of the query into a variable and then reference the variable in the control source of the text box, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen. I'm sort of new to VBA, so if anyone has suggestions about how to do this or a simpler way, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks, Bob Bob: If you are looking up a single value then the DLookup function will probably work. There is also a DSum function when you need to calculate a sum from a table or query different from the record source. Information on both of these can be found in Access Help. -- David Lloyd MCSD .NET http://LemingtonConsulting.com This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties. "Bob" <rmcintire@network-spectrum.com> wrote in message news:111768...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

populate text box when user enters data in another text box
hi, I'm very new to Access and have been searching newsgroups for a few days but can't find exactly what I need. I want to be able to do the following: * user enters patient's hospital number * after pressing enter, a function fires that looks up the patient name & surname corresponding to the hospital number just entered (in the "patients" table) * if the hospital number exists in the patients table then name & surname are filled in in two read-only text boxes * if the hospital number does not exist in the patients table then user is prompted to enter details for new patient. Apologies if this is old hat -- if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful. cheers Adriaan ...

Access Forms: Set different field background color based on text box value
Hi all, I am trying to set different background color based on text box value on a form. Basically, I have one form that display many lines of records(record source is a query), in each of the lines, if a text box named "status" is "C", THe line will be shown in green, else in red. Can this be done? ANyone can help me with this? Rgds, Vic See: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vic" <li.shen@uq.edu.au> wrote in message news:f499098d.0409292252.503892a0@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > I am trying to set different background color based on text box > value on a form. Basically, I have one form that display many lines of > records(record source is a query), in each of the lines, if a text box > named "status" is "C", THe line will be shown in green, else in red. > Can this be done? ANyone can help me with this? > > > Rgds, > Vic ...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Sorting Delimited Text in a Text Box
Access 2003. The situation is this: I have a "criteria selection form" in which there are a many different criteria, mostly displayed as combo and text boxes in which a user can enter stuff, click an associated button and that criteria becomes part of the where clause of a select statement. The selected criteria is stored on a hidden form and when the user is ready to run their report(s), a button action goes through the hidden form and builds a select statement. For example, say buildings has a partial combo box list which shows: PK (hidden) Bldg Name 1 Arts Building 2 Biology Building 6 Chemistry Building 8 Student Building A user want to look at records from Chemistry and Arts, so the hidden form "SQL WHERE STAEMENT" field would store values like this when Arts was selected: BLDG_PK = 1 Then, altered to look like this when Chemistry is selected: BLDG_PK IN (1, 6) And so on as more buildings may or may not be selected. That's all well and good. However, along with the "SQL WHERE STAEMENT" field, there's also a "CRITERIA DESCRIPTION" field. This adds the Building Names so that the user sees a criteria view somewhere that is also reproduced as a report header which lists the buildings selected. I'm using a line break, vbcrlf, as a delimiter here. So if the user selected in the same order as in the example, the "CRITERIA DESCRIPTION" field will look...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

format bold text in a text box
I have a text box with this: =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. Could I do this? You would needt use an RTF control for this. Hav a look at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Terry Kreft "yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message news:eeatc8$oql$1@volcano1.grnet.gr... > I have a text box with this: > =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] > > I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. > > Could I do this? > > ...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Web resources about - Different text styles in the same text box - comp.databases.ms-access

Apple Slips: Unveils ‘iPhone SE’ at $399, $499, 10-Inch iPad Pro with 256-gig Version
As widely expected, Apple ( AAPL ) this afternoon unveiled a new, 4-inch version of its iPhone at a media event in Cupertino, offering models ...

The one area where Twitter is doing better than Facebook after 10 years
Twitter turns 10 years old today, and by and large the social network is far behind where Facebook was at that age. As this chart from Statista ...

Paris Terror Attacks: Salah Abdeslam Leads Police To New Suspect, Greater ISIS Threat
When the investigation began into the November terrorist attacks in Paris , which claimed 130 lives and was carried out by ISIS, the authorities ...

Novak Djokovic Says Some Weird Stuff About Women Tennis Players and Their 'Hormones'
On Monday, number one ranked tennis player Novak Djokovic joined the incomprehensible band of tennis-adjacent figures confidently saying some ...

Warner Bros.’ DC Universe Has No Plans to Go R-rated, Says ‘Batman v Superman’ Producer
Ever since Deadpool utterly demolished the box office last month, superhero movie fans and pundits have been waiting breathlessly for “the Deadpool ...

South Korea: Prepared for another North Korean nuclear test
A US think-tank said recent satellite images showed activity at the North's main nuclear test site that suggest a further underground detonation ...

Justin Bieber brings out Chance the Rapper and Big Sean on Purpose Tour
When Justin Bieber kicked off his three-night stay at Los Angeles' Staples Center Sunday night, he was in some pretty good company. SEE ALSO: ...

Got An Older Kindle? Update Your Device By March 22 Or It Won’t Connect To The Internet
Unless you’re happy reading the material that’s on your older Kindle right now forever and ever, you’ll want to heed Amazon’s advice, and quick: ...

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 6, Episode 15 Promo Photos: Is Daryl Dixon Looking For Carol Or Dwight And ...
The Walking Dead season 6, episode 15 is simply titled “East.” Although AMC is trying to cut down on spoilers, releasing sneak peek clips and ...

Boaty McSadface: British vessel may not get the name the public wants
LONDON — For anyone who's been following the #NameOurShip competition, we have a troubling update: Boaty McBoatface, the name suggestion that's ...