Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?

I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users.  My
questions are:

Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at
once?

If yes, what is your solution to this problem?

I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple
users accessing it at once.

Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine.

Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at
the same time?  I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97)
databases with large numbers of users reading and writing.  I haven't
seen any corruption where there's only one user writing.

You might want to take a look at using MS-SQL, but it depends a lot on
 and whether the complexity of the application warrents the add'l
resource investment...

chloemelmom@yahoo.com (mary) wrote in message news:<a0a64947.0311251150.1357819@posting.google.com>...
> I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users.  My
> questions are:
>
> Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at
> once?
>
> If yes, what is your solution to this problem?
>
> I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple
> users accessing it at once.
>
> Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine.
0
alweiner (2)

Remote access to a ms-access db
Hello On my webserver I' ve got a ms-access database running. Now I would like to establish a remote access to this database, like the same I know in mysql. Are there any possibilities via ODBC-driver and over HTTP-Protokoll to access onto a ms-access db? Thanks a lot. Cheers - Hans Investigate connecting to an Access database using ASP (active server pages) and ADO. ...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Accessing data from an MS access db from an Oracle UNIX server
Hello, I am a newbie to Oracle databases.... We have a visualization front-end tool connected to an Oracle back-end database on a Tru64 UNIX server. We also have clients with MS access databases who would like to share their data using this visualization tool but do not want to import their data into the Oracle server back-end. Is there any way we could use the Oracle backend to query the MS Access databases and merge this data with other data in the Oracle back-end for presentation by the visualization tool? Perhaps through ODBC or some other standard? The Oracle back-end is a a Tru64 UNIX server running Oracle 8i. Any input would be appreciated. Andrea Segovia A/Project Manager Andrea M. Segovia wrote: > Hello, > > I am a newbie to Oracle databases.... > > We have a visualization front-end tool connected to an Oracle back-end > database on a Tru64 UNIX server. We also have clients with MS access > databases who would like to share their data using this visualization > tool but do not want to import their data into the Oracle server > back-end. > > Is there any way we could use the Oracle backend to query the MS > Access databases and merge this data with other data in the Oracle > back-end for presentation by the visualization tool? Perhaps through > ODBC or some other standard? > > The Oracle back-end is a a Tru64 UNIX server running Oracle 8i. > > Any input would be appreciated. > > Andrea Segovi...

Accessing Access

Web resources about - Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once? - comp.databases.ms-access

China has a $777 billion problem with unpaid bills
Not since 1999 have China's companies had so much trouble getting customers to actually pay for what they've bought.

China has a $777 billion problem with unpaid bills
Not since 1999 have China's companies had so much trouble getting customers to actually pay for what they've bought.

China has a $777 billion problem with unpaid bills
Not since 1999 have China's companies had so much trouble getting customers to actually pay for what they've bought.

John Oliver: All Of The Legal, Economic, And Practical Problems With Donald Trump’s Wall
About the Trump wall. There are just a few problems with that...

Zero rates may be the problem stopping inflation
US Federal Reserve voting member James Bullard suggested that zero interest rate policy might be preventing much-needed inflation returning. ...

Mini-review: tvOS 9.2 fixes all the Apple TV’s biggest problems
... the work of building the Apple TV into a platform rather than just a streaming box. That platform mostly seems solid, and its biggest problems ...

Things I Didn’t Know Were Problems
Pigeons and tawny crazy ants. Who knew? Here’s something that might be a problem: Would you be alarmed if your smallish freshwater fish tank ...

Leak suggests iPhone 7 might actually address the iPhone’s biggest problem
... and a brand new report brings us more information suggesting that Apple's new iPhone 7 might actually address the iPhone lineup's biggest problem. ...

Despite a "Terror Recruitment Problem", Obama Continues Importing Nearly 1,000 Somalis Each Month
... in Somalia. Others have been convicted of sending material support to overseas terrorist organizations... ...The [radicalization] problem has ...