Double Lines in Datasheet view

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have a subform that displays in datasheet view.  I have a notes
field on that form that I want to automatically text wrap and make the
line double height, is this possible?
0
Reply tyler.horning (10) 2/21/2008 4:24:55 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Tyler" <tyler.horning@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a subform that displays in datasheet view.  I have a notes
> field on that form that I want to automatically text wrap and make the
> line double height, is this possible?

I think you'll have to use 'continuous form' design and simulate datasheet
view as best you can.
Fred Zuckerman

0
Reply ZuckermanF1 (252) 2/21/2008 4:41:20 PM
comp.databases.ms-access 42171 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Switch Between Form View and Datasheet View
Hi All, I have a subfrm on a form. When on the subfrm I can go to the Access Menu/View/Subform and switch between form and datasheet view. How do I do this using VBA? I see lots of similar posts pointing to: http://www.tkwickenden.clara.net/codeex/282.htm but that link is no longer available. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers, Barry On Apr 26, 11:21=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: Thanks, figured this out: Under a button on the main form I simply put: If Form_subfrmClients2.CurrentView =3D acCurViewDatasheet Then '2...

Double view
Hi, I have a 3d scene and I want to make something looking like a view from binoculars (with a little difference - i want 4 views). Can you give me a hint how can I do this. The most desirable is for those views to be a slightly different Wojtek Wojtek wrote: > Hi, > I have a 3d scene and I want to make something looking like a view from > binoculars (with a little difference - i want 4 views). Can you give me > a hint how can I do this. The most desirable is for those views to be a > slightly different > Draw a big texture with four holes in it over your entire vi...

Datasheet views
Hey. Normally I play with something until I get it, but this form needs to be finished by tomorrow. Here's what I'm trying to do (form is in datasheet view): 1) Hide a field and assign it a value from a control file when a record is added. 2) Open the form in add mode. They want to start at the bottom of the list. 3) When "Section" field is entered, the field "location" becomes a required entry. Any ideas? I'm not used to working with a form in datasheet view. Thanks. "G. Miller" <gmiller@nospam-mobileregister.com> wrote in message news:43...

Datasheet view
Hi, I am able to display the contents of a table to a form in datasheet mode. I would like to change the background of the rows displayed to red or blue depending on what the value of one column is. For example, First Last Color John Doe 'r' Jack Roland 'b' Peter Feller 'r' .... If the Color field is 'r', then the row should be in red and if it is blue, the row color should be blue. Is there a way to get this done in MS Access? - Ren On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:29:07 GMT, renniw one wrote: > Hi, > I am a...

Double line
Heya all I am writing a document involving simultaneous equations and I would like either of the following, but without the brackts or line, respectively. ========== This is and example of a pair of sim equations ${x+y=0 \choose x-y=1}$ here. This is and example of a pair of sim equations $\frac{x+y=0}{x-y=1}$ here. ========== Any help gratefully received Jon jon.stone1@btinternet.com (Jon Stone) writes: > Heya all > > I am writing a document involving simultaneous equations and I would > like either of the following, but without the brackts or line, > respectively. >...

merge line to previous line if ends with anything other than " (double quote)
I need to merge line to previous line if line ends with anything other than " (double quote). This is on a huge file. Thanks much.. Kums figured out myself: sed -e '/[A-Za-z0-9 ]$/{N;s/\n//g;}' inp_file >out_file Thanks... hikums@gmail.com wrote: > I need to merge line to previous line if line ends with anything other > than " (double quote). > > This is on a huge file. Thanks much.. > > Kums figured out myself: instead of looking for double quote and ending..I checked for characters/numerals to end and merged them.. sed -e '/[A-Za-z0-9 ]...

Why is sorting in the database view bad? (Form Properties > Datasheet View)
Why would one not want to sort records in a form using Form Properties > Datasheet View > Sort Ascending? It's the fastest way, isn't it? <sierrachang@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130340930.933763.38030@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Why would one not want to sort records in a form using Form Properties >> Datasheet View > Sort Ascending? > > It's the fastest way, isn't it? No, the fastest way would be to sort in the Query or SQL you use as Record Source for the Form, I suspect. I don't give the users "datasheet view" i...

automatic two line switch enables access to both dsl phone lines .. doubles your telco acesss
Hello, I manufacture an automatic phone line switch. Recently an enterprising young man discovered an application where he brings line 1 and line 2 to the Combine-a-line switch http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5712586891&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT and then to his dsl modem. Another port enables connection of any SINGLE line phone appliance (telephone, fax, computer modem ,etc) and that single line device will automatically work and give access to both phone lines! I have several on Ebay and thanks for looking --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...

SubForm in Datasheet View
Hi, I have a main form "frmBldgFloor" and SubForm within the main form "fsubBldgFloor". In the SubForm the values in the text fields are being populated from a recordsource. I have these values being populated in Form Detail Section. Also I have Form Footer where I have text boxes showing Sum of those recordsource values. When I set the Default View of subform to Continuous it shows the Sum of recordsource values but when I change the Default view to Datasheet it doesnot show the Sum of recordsources in the textboxes which are there in the design time. Please can anyone ...

explode lines in views
My explode lines are not showing in my drawing views. Is there a toggle for on and off? Also some of my homemade center lines are gray, can I darken them. thanks for help ...

double horizontal lines
I'm trying to get LaTeX to produce a double horizontal line in a document. The only solutions that I've found on this forum suggest that I use it in a tabular environment. Is there a way I can do it within the standard document environment? Thanks. MKindig04 wrote: > I'm trying to get LaTeX to produce a double horizontal line in a > document. The only solutions that I've found on this forum suggest > that I use it in a tabular environment. Is there a way I can do it > within the standard document environment? Thanks. What double line you need exactly? With fixed w...

Upside-down datasheet view?
The database I'm working on is mimicking an existing tool. The main input = will consist of a header area with Project information and an area below th= at with an ever-increasing list of Status information. In order to accomplish this, I'm using a form and subform. The datasheet v= iew for the subform would be perfect except for one flaw. All the data inp= ut occurs at the bottom of the datasheet and the existing tool data entry i= s at the top of a similar screen. My original solution was to create two subforms, one solely for entering da= ta in single-form view and on...

Datasheet View #3
Why do hidden controls on a form display themselves in datasheet view? On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:32:01 -0800 (PST), Mat <matthew.kay@optusnet.com.au> wrote: Because you did not put them in the header or footer of the form. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Why do hidden controls on a form display themselves in datasheet view? Often it is the ID field that I hide because mostly the user doesn't need the ID of the record. On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:16:44 -0800 (PST), Mat <matthew.kay@optusnet.com.au> wrote: I do this as well. Put the ID field in the header. -Tom. Microsoft Access ...

Lines in Exploded Views
Hi all. I'm exporting some drawings to DWG files and the lines in the exploded views always translate as the layer type defined for the geometry (i.e. the same as all the lines for the parts). I've played around with my layers settings to no avail. Can this behavior be altered to have those lines saved on a specific layer when exporting to a DXF? Thanks =========================================================================== Chris -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

Double Line Spacing
Dear all, Like a keyword "double" in Proc Print, is there anyohter keyword which can be used in data step to get a double line spacing. Thanks & Regards, Ramsathish S ...

drawn lines are doubled
I'm working on a ortho mode application on Ubuntu linux with a nvidia card. Horizontal and diagonal lines have started being drawn as closely spaced double lines. But not always, now and then I get single lines like they should be. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with vertical retrace timing of my hardware, but am not sure. Does anyone have an idea? thanks, Bob On Jul 6, 12:28=A0pm, bob <bobs...@xyzzy.com> wrote: > I'm working on a ortho mode application on Ubuntu linux with a nvidia > card. Horizontal and diagonal lines have started being drawn ...

Datasheet view questions
I haven't developed applications in 2 years (have been doing straight SQL Server work) and I am new to developing in Access. I know that using the datasheet view of a form is not usually the preferred method of end-user access, but it seems appropriate for one of the tables I'm using. The table contains two columns, MonthStartDate and ClinicDays. The user needs to enter the numbers of days the clinic will be open for each month. Generally, they enter 3 months at a time (for a quarter), but they are allowed to enter as many as 12 months in advance. This number of days is used later...

Datasheet View #2
Is it possible, In a datasheet view subform, to change the backgound color based on the value in a particular field? For example if the field is Yes/No, have the background color red for No and Green for Yes? Any help is greatly appreciated On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:31:17 GMT, AgentX@apocalypse.com wrote: > Is it possible, In a datasheet view subform, to change the backgound > color based on the value in a particular field? For example if the > field is Yes/No, have the background color red for No and Green for > Yes? > Any help is greatly appreciated In FORM Datasheet View? If...

Lines in Datebook5 view
Does anybody know if it is possible to make the small, grey dotted-lines in the day view of Datebook5 disappear? Cheers, Cam Telford On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:45:53 +1100, Cam <dummyregister@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anybody know if it is possible to make the small, grey dotted-lines in > the day view of Datebook5 disappear? > Do you mean the dotted lines like 8:00........... 9:00........... and so on? I don't think so. -- "Cow fault??? Have you progressed from BSD to BSE?" cowsay -b "Prepare to be assimoolated! " "...

How to view a PDF file on-line?
I uploaded an FTP file to my ISP's storage space. When I click on the URL with my web browser (either MSIE or Safari), it downloads the file. How can I get the file to open in my Acrobat-enabled (ie plug-in) browser so I can veiw it rather than download it? Thanks, -- Dave C please reply in the news group -- me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:51:21 -0800, DaveC wrote (in message <0001HW.BBC9950900237F95F0080600@news.individual.net>): > I uploaded an FTP file to my ISP's storage space. Of course I...

exploded views and routing lines
I've run into this problem a couple of times in SW2005, and was wondering if anyone had insight. After adding explode lines to an exploded assy, components in a circular pattern (let's say a bolt in a bolt circle) move when I'm finished adding lines. It's almost like some one changes the bolt circle to be 100x it's original diameter, putting the bolts off the edge of the drawing format. It does this everytime, in any assembly that has circular patterned bolts. ...

Lookup field on datasheet view
Hello all, I have a form which contains a subform. The subform is a datasheet. With the datasheet I have the following fields 1) ID 2) Type 3) Workshop The wokshop information is held in another tabe for lookup. The user will choose a type "type 1" or "type 2", I would then like the lookup to show only workshops that are the relevent type. Due to it being a datasheet view I am having problems with this, Is it possible to do this a the table level, or am I thinking about this all the wrong way. Thanks in advance Matr ...

Custom ShortCutMenus in DataSheet View
Hi all, I'm trying to replace the default shortcutmenus that you get when you right-click a form in datasheet view. By default you get different menus for when you click a column (you can hide and freeze columns), a row (you can delete and insert rows), or a single cell (you can filter on the cell contents). I can work out how to replace the single cell shortcutmenu (you assign your custom menu to the underlying control) but not how to change the row and column shortcutmenus. Any helpers??, TIA, Peter You'll need to customize the menus. Right-click any menu and choose Customize. ...

missing lines in drawing view
How do I get my drawing views back? I opened a drawing and 2 of the 4 views are missing the object lines?!? The dimensions are there and there not danginling! When I move the cursor over the view I can see the object lines highlight. Please help I cannot redo this drawing I forgot to mention - SW05 SP3.0 "JF" <jacobsdesigns@no.email.net> wrote in message news:ybFse.28248$yw4.19767@trnddc09... > How do I get my drawing views back? > > I opened a drawing and 2 of the 4 views are missing the > object lines?!? > The dimensions are there and there not danginlin...