Download MDB file from binary Web Service using MS Access and VBA

I am trying to automate a process which would call a ASPX web page and
download a resultant MDB file to a local folder on my server.  I am
trying to do this process with a command button on a MS Access form.
I am using MS Access 2003.  I have found similar code, but, they use
the old INET data type which is not available in any of the current
refernces that come with Office 2003.  Does anyone know how to do
something like this using MS Access 2003 and VBA?  Can you provide the
reference and sample code you've used?  Thanks

SteveB <stephen.bray@usbank.com> wrote:

>I am trying to automate a process which would call a ASPX web page and
>download a resultant MDB file to a local folder on my server.  I am
>trying to do this process with a command button on a MS Access form.
>I am using MS Access 2003.  I have found similar code, but, they use
>the old INET data type which is not available in any of the current
>refernces that come with Office 2003.  Does anyone know how to do
>something like this using MS Access 2003 and VBA?  Can you provide the
>reference and sample code you've used?

Haven't used it but what about this one.  Not

Internet Data transfer Library
http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0037.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
ttoews (2789)
On Jul 30, 11:21=A0am, SteveB <stephen.b...@usbank.com> wrote:
> I am trying to automate a process which would call a ASPX web page and
> download a resultant MDB file to a local folder on my server. =A0I am
> trying to do this process with a command button on a MS Access form.
> I am using MS Access 2003. =A0I have found similar code, but, they use
> the old INET data type which is not available in any of the current
> refernces that come with Office 2003. =A0Does anyone know how to do
> something like this using MS Access 2003 and VBA? =A0Can you provide the
> reference and sample code you've used? =A0Thanks

You can download most files with ftp and I think there are many
examples available on the net.
One is:
http://www.ffdba.com/downloads/FTP_Get_File.htm

I expect that
Application.FollowHyperlink "URI of MDB File" would open the default
browser and a dialog for the download.

"call a ASPX web page and download a resultant MDB file" isn't totally
clear to me.

On Jul 30, 11:21=A0am, SteveB <stephen.b...@usbank.com> wrote:

>call a ASPX web page

I usually call an aspx file a "redundant, clumsy ms programming
gambit"
Well ... maybe I mix a few other words in there too.

Using VBA to toggle from MS Word to MS Access?
Access 2003, Windows XP SP2 I have an application that generates a word document populated with a variety of fields from Access tables. The word document is generated when the user presses a button (cmdGenerateAgreement) on a form (frmTransaction). I want the process to work as follows: 1. User presses button 2. Word document is opened and populated 3. Access screen becomes visible with a message box 4. User presses Ok 5. Word screen becomes visible for finalization My question is how do I achieve steps 3 and 5? I've tried SetFocus, Access Web's API: Manipulate Window (fSetAccessWindow), and a lot of browsing in the newsgroups. Nothing seems to work. My guess is that this functionality will require a call to the Windows API. I've read all the relevant sections in my Access books, and nothing specific to this situation is mentioned. Can this functionality be accessed using VBA? If so, any help or direction would be appreciated. If not, can anyone think of a work around? Thank you, Kelii My super easy merge does all 5 steps...and you can "enable" ANY screen for merge with ONE line of code.... The sample I have can be found here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html What is nice/interesting about my sample is that is specially designed to enable ANY form with ONE LINE of code.... Thus, each time you build a new form, you can word merge enable it with great ease. Make sure you read the instructions from above, and y...

Reading an MS Access Database file on *NIX platform using PHP
I'm building a small web application for a friend using PHP. He'd like to use MS Access to keep the data in, and update the data on the site by FTP'ing Access files he edits on his machine up to the web host. The web host is unix-based (FreeBSD, slightly hacked by Verio, I believe), so this means COM functions aren't available. ODBC was my next thought, but I've never used it, and there are a few things I don't understand. Setting up a DSN is one of them -- apparently this isn't as simple as constructing a string, and all the tutorials I can find seem to involve ...

how to access data iin a MS Excel file using database components?
Can we read data in columns from an MS Excel file? It is possible to use the usual database components in the Delphi palete to read data in an excel file? but how? ...

How to get table names from ms access(mdb file) by using odbc library.
Hi. I am writing a c++ program get the data from mdb file using odbc library. By the way, I couldn't get table list from mdb file. i goolgled it up little bit, what i found is only using the ADO(or OLE i'm not sure) library and "SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE Type In (1,4,6) AND Left([Name], 4)<>"MSYS" this query. i already wrote a lot of part of this program so i don't want to switch database library. And the query gives "no read permission on 'MSysObjects' " error message. If you know how to get the table list from a mdb file by using odbc library, please share your experience. thank you. If you using odbc to a mdb file, then you MUST have jet installed, and THEREFORE you MUST also have dao installed on your machine (in fact, out of the box, windows xp, server 2003, vista etc DOES HAVE the jet database engine installed by default (thus you don't need to install anything on a windows computer to read mdb files. here is a windows (vbs) script that displays all tables...you can use late binding in your project, and you should little trouble getting a list of tables using the following idea. Set dbeng = CreateObject("DAO.DBEngine.36") strMdbFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence\My Documents\Access\ScriptExample\MultiSelect.mdb" Set db = dbeng.OpenDatabase(strMdbFile) for each table in db.tabledefs msgbox table.name next The above is not a vba script. Paste the above into a te...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensio...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

MS Access mdb use example
Can someone please point me to a good example of how to connect to and use an MS Access database file (an .mdb) or how to connect to MS Access through wxDb? Thanks much, Bootshine --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hello, If you are looking for an open source solution MDB Tools supports reading (and soon writing) MDB files, take a look at http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net. On Windows you can connect using ...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003
When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the database although I got the list of the tables in the library I specified. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. The timeout to dispay de data is small. You need to increase this timeout. The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big. "Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:d01a5cc.0404280030.58f11d3e@posting.go...

Anyone using WSDL.exe utility to generate a web service dll that can be used from Access VBA
Wsdl.exe is a microsoft utility that is command line operated and can take as a parm a link to a WSDL file for a web service. It generates classes for accessing the web service which can be compiled into a DLL. Anyone have experience in doing so and accessing the exposed methods to send a SOAP message to a web service from Access/vba? Bob BobAlston wrote: > Wsdl.exe is a microsoft utility that is command line operated and can > take as a parm a link to a WSDL file for a web service. It generates > classes for accessing the web service which can be compiled into a > DLL. > > Anyone have experience in doing so and accessing the exposed methods > to send a SOAP message to a web service from Access/vba? > I've never done it but this might help: http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070302-1.shtml vbscript is close enough to vba to enable you to modify their code to use in Access On 4/26/2011 10:37 AM, Bob Barrows wrote: > BobAlston wrote: >> Wsdl.exe is a microsoft utility that is command line operated and can >> take as a parm a link to a WSDL file for a web service. It generates >> classes for accessing the web service which can be compiled into a >> DLL. >> >> Anyone have experience in doing so and accessing the exposed methods >> to send a SOAP message to a web service from Access/vba? >> > I've never done it but this might help: > http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070302...

Web resources about - Download MDB file from binary Web Service using MS Access and VBA - comp.databases.ms-access

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

illegal downloads: Why we will never win the war on piracy
THE trailer for season six of Game of Thrones was just released and online pirates have already marked the release date firmly on their calendars. ...