Error: Invalid Procedure call or argument

I run a program which read emails from a text file. There is some thing
invalid in one or more text file. When program is busy doing parsing it
shows that error and process stop. I dont know which text file has that
error. Is it possible that i can handle that error during processing
some thing i mean ignore line, email so that my process will not be
interrupt.

Error: Invalid Procedure call or argument
Run time error 5

I want to handle this error by means of skip that line, email or any
thing but not to stop the parsing.

0
ehtisham (58)

Might help maybe just a little bit if you let us in on a BIG secret.
The actual CODE that's causing the error.  Think of this NG this way...
if you want an answer you can use, provide just enough information so
that anyone reading your post can at least accurately recreate the
problem you're having.  Otherwise you're pissing in the wind.

0
pietlinden (2926)
8/11/2006 2:59:44 AM
ON Error Resume Next, maybe?

0
pietlinden (2926)
8/11/2006 3:01:29 AM
pietlinden@hotmail.com wrote in news:1155265184.830339.248180
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Might help maybe just a little bit if you let us in on a BIG secret.
> The actual CODE that's causing the error.  Think of this NG this way...
> if you want an answer you can use, provide just enough information so
> that anyone reading your post can at least accurately recreate the
> problem you're having.  Otherwise you're pissing in the wind.

I like you, Piet.

--
Lyle Fairfield
0
Lyle Fairfield wrote:
> pietlinden@hotmail.com wrote in news:1155265184.830339.248180
> @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Might help maybe just a little bit if you let us in on a BIG secret.
> > The actual CODE that's causing the error.  Think of this NG this way...
> > if you want an answer you can use, provide just enough information so
> > that anyone reading your post can at least accurately recreate the
> > problem you're having.  Otherwise you're pissing in the wind.
>
> I like you, Piet.
>
> --
> Lyle Fairfield

LOL.  Why's that?  Because I'm starting to sound like you?  Or am I the
only one that gets tired of listening to "it doesn't work [but I was
too lazy to (a) check the help file (b) test things out (c) provide a
complete description of what's going on...  Maybe that's the burned out
tech support geek in me coming out.

0
pietlinden (2926)
8/11/2006 9:30:24 AM
You're not the only one, it's just that the rest of us are so mature we
never let our feelings overcome our desire to help. (Phht, yeh, right!)

I can't think of any regular (or slightly irregular) contributor who doesn't
think that.

--

Terry Kreft

<pietlinden@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Lyle Fairfield wrote:
> > pietlinden@hotmail.com wrote in news:1155265184.830339.248180
> > @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
> >
> > > Might help maybe just a little bit if you let us in on a BIG secret.
> > > The actual CODE that's causing the error.  Think of this NG this
way...
> > > if you want an answer you can use, provide just enough information so
> > > that anyone reading your post can at least accurately recreate the
> > > problem you're having.  Otherwise you're pissing in the wind.
> >
> > I like you, Piet.
> >
> > --
> > Lyle Fairfield
>
> LOL.  Why's that?  Because I'm starting to sound like you?  Or am I the
> only one that gets tired of listening to "it doesn't work [but I was
> too lazy to (a) check the help file (b) test things out (c) provide a
> complete description of what's going on...  Maybe that's the burned out
> tech support geek in me coming out.

0
terry.kreft (988)

Error: Invalid procedure call or argument (5)?
I=92m using A2007 (12.0.6334.5000) SP1 Jet 4.0 SP-8 WinXp SP2 I=92m opening/running a Access 2000 FE.mdb with Access 2007 with Custom Menus (no Ribbons) in legacy mode. I have a Custom Menu Bar, when I select: Tools, Compact and Repair Database=85 It runs: CommandBars("Menu Bar"). _ Controls("Tools"). _ Controls("Database Utilities"). _ Controls("Compact and Repair Database..."). _ AccDoDefaultAction I=92m getting the following error: Microsoft Office Access Error: Invalid procedure call or argument (5) OK This same codehas worked OK for years with no error messages on a2k thru a2k3 computers What does the (5) represent? How do I recode this so it will run on Access 2000 and Access 2007? Any thoughts? Thanks, John PS: AutoCorrect is off Reviewed all suggestion and processed all SP1 and all Hotfixes mentioned on: Allen Brown http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html Tony Toews http://www.granite.ab.ca/ 11397335 ...

My Code: Invalid Procedure call or argument
When I run my script it gives error on the following line: strEmail = Right(strEmail, (Len(strEmail) - 1)) I enclose my code and the sample text file too Thanks, ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub Command26_Click() DoCmd.Close End Sub Private Sub cmdParse_Click() DoCmd.SetWarnings False Dim strfile As String Dim AcctNum As String AcctNum = "Account Number" 'Box Credits---------------------------------------------------------------------------- '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ChDir ("C:\MailSave\Requests\") strfile = Dir("C:\MailSave\Requests\200" & "*.*") Do While Len(strfile) > 0 FileCopy "C:\MailSave\Requests\" & strfile, "C:\MailSave\GetInfo.txt" Dim fileName As String Dim stemp, linesfromfile, nextline As String Dim iFIle As Integer iFIle = FreeFile Open "C:\MailSave\Requests\" & strfile For Input As iFIle While Not EOF(1) Line Input #1, nextline linesfromfile = linesfromfile + nextline + Chr(13) + Chr(10) Wend Close iFIle Call TestReplace Me.txtEmail.Value = linesfromfile Kill "C:\MailSave\Requests\" & strfile strfile = Dir("C:\MailSave\Requests\200" & "*.*") linesfromfile = "" Dim strEmail As Str...

Exponential Operator
Hi, I'm struggling with the following VB equation... Dim a As Double Dim b As Double a=-3.67254088923219 b=0.477124183006536 ' this gives an answer of -1.86019831416428 Debug.Print -3.67254088923219 ^ 0.477124183006536 ' but this fails with "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument" Debug.Print a ^ b Any ideas ? > I'm struggling with the following VB equation... > > Dim a As Double > Dim b As Double > > a=-3.67254088923219 > b=0.477124183006536 > > ' this gives an answer of -1.86019831416428 > Debug.Print -3.67254088923219 ^ 0.47712...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

Dir Function
I have the following code that is hanging with the above error when it is looping through my code with the following line: strFolder = Dir Get next entry. It loops through fine when it identifies the "." and ".." folders and then it finds the first folder (lets say it's called "Test A" in my C: \Voluntary Database folder and appends the names of the files stored in Test A to the table. The problem occurs when it hits the strFolder = Dir line again to look for the next folder eg, Test B in C:\Voluntary Database. I'm using Access2003. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Private Sub Command6_Click() Dim strPath As String Dim strFolder As String Dim strTble As String Dim strFileName As String Dim strFleNme As String Dim db As Database Dim rst As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb() strTble = "tblTest" Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(strTble) strPath = "C:\Voluntary Database\" strFolder = Dir(strPath, vbDirectory) strTble = "tblTest" Do While strFolder <> "" ' Start the loop. If strFolder <> "." And strFolder <> ".." Then If (GetAttr(strPath & strFolder) And vbDirectory) = vbDirectory Then ' Use bitwise comparison to make sure MyName is a directory. strFleNme = Dir$(strPath &...

Internal program error: Invalid procedure call has been passed to a function
I am attempting to use the despeckle tool but, when I attempt to do so, I receive the above error. Operating system: - XP Pro SP2 Basic system specs: - FX-55, 2GB RAM, 2x75GB HDs, 1x300GB, 9800XT. I have not installed the patch because it is not yet available for my language version. I have installed and reinstalled but the problem persists. I should add that the error does not cause the application to terminate, but okaying the error does not cause the despeckle tool to open either. In fact, it happens whatever correction tools I attempt to use - including one step photo fix. Any i...

Internal program error: Invalid procedure call has been passed to a function
I am attempting to use the despeckle tool but, when I attempt to do so, I receive the above error. Operating system: - XP Pro SP2 Basic system specs: - FX-55, 2GB RAM, 2x75GB HDs, 1x300GB, 9800XT. I have not installed the patch because it is not yet available for my language version. I have installed and reinstalled but the problem persists. I should add that the error does not cause the application to terminate, but okaying the error does not cause the despeckle tool to open either. In fact, it happens whatever correction tools I attempt to use - including one step photo fix. Any i...

makemap: error opening type hash map access: Invalid argument
i'm installing a new machine, and i ran into something that i haven't seen before, any help and pointers appreciated; let me know if more info is needed OS: linux sendmail-8.14.3 and db-4.8.24 (both compiled from source) # makemap hash access < access access.db: Invalid type 5 specified makemap: error opening type hash map access: Invalid argument # makemap -l hash btree # ldd /usr/local/sbin/makemap linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb77b8000) libdb-4.8.so => /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.8.so (0xb7644000) libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.s...

declspec(thread) in call library function causes invalid access to memory location error

3146 Error, and Invalid Argument Value error
I have recently upsized a client database to SQL Server. The application is used to book people onto courses at a Conference Centre/Adult Study Centre. It was originally an Access FE/BE, all written by my client. While it's not bad as an "amateur" database, it has all the expected failings of the inexperienced developer (poor table design, queries operating on whole tables, macros running hither and yon mixed with code etc.) The FE resides on a server, and all users (about four or five at most) connect to it. The BE resides on a different server. Recently, the users have been getting intermittent ODBC error messages - mostly 3146 ODBC Call Failed, but also ODBC Call Failed [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid Argument Value (#0) What makes this very difficult to diagnose is that the errors are not persistent. Yesterday, for example, certain processes threw 3146 errors constantly. Today, the same processes run without problems. What I would REALLY like to do is to rationalise/normalise the data design, move ALL the macros to code and redesign all the queries. Sadly their budget is very limited. Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve the immediate, intermittent problem? Many thanks Edward you should have upsized to ADP instead of linked front end. Jet doesn't give concise, clear reliable error messages. Only through cutting out the Jet _BS_ can you get to the root of the problem. On Dec 9, 1:26=A0am, teddysn...@hotmail.com wrote:...

compilation error
Hello all, i am using openfusion TAo 1.4.1 to develop a application am trying to compile my code with solaris 5.9 am getting an error which says that Error: Too many arguments in call to "POA_gateway::alive(int)". i came to know that during idl compilation an extra env argument is generated to suppress this i used -ge =2 option but as result only the exception statements are changed from ACE_THROW_SPEC to "throw" but the ENV arguments are still getting generated coud anybody tell me how to avoid the generation of extra arguments ...

compilation error
Hello all, i am using openfusion TAo 1.4.1 to develop a application am trying to compile my code with solaris 5.9 am getting an error which says that Error: Too many arguments in call to "POA_gateway::alive(int)". i came to know that during idl compilation an extra env argument is generated to suppress this i used -ge =2 option but as result only the exception statements are changed from ACE_THROW_SPEC to "throw" but the ENV arguments are still getting generated coud anybody tell me how to avoid the generation of extra arguments regards hsk Hi ...

Web resources about - Error: Invalid Procedure call or argument - comp.databases.ms-access

Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure (abbreviated Fed. R. Bankr. P. or FRBP ) are a set of rules promulgated by the Supreme Court of the ...

Eye tattoos: Tattooist Luna Cobra defends practice following calls to ban procedure
IT SOUNDS like the really gross scene in a horror movie.

Survivors of female genital mutilation outraged by 'compromise' which could legalise procedure
Survivors of female genital mutilation are fighting back against a so-called compromise, which could let a modified form of the procedure continue. ...

Doctors Perform Medical Procedure On Wrong Newborn
The procedure was meant for another child.

Butt procedures, male breast reduction growing slices of plastic surgery
... area of plastic surgery in the United States, the society found. Specifically, butt implants and lifts showed the largest uptick in procedures ...

"Gynecologists Kavita Shah Arora and Allan Jacobs said procedures that slightly changed the look of a ...
"... were comparable to male circumcision or cosmetic procedures in Western countries like labiaplasty. Laws against mild modifications were ...

Mix-up leads to surgical procedure on wrong baby
Tennessee mom says her newborn was mistakenly given treatment he didn't need

New Chipotle Food Safety Procedures Include Shutting Down Restaurant If Anyone Barfs
... what happened inside, but it’s pretty much exactly what you would expect: repetitive instructional videos about food safety and cleaning procedures, ...

New Video Series Shows The Reality Of Abortion Procedures
New Video Series Shows The Reality Of Abortion Procedures

Yay going in for kidney stone procedure soon!
There is a G-d i have been in the hospital with stone pain and bowel pain the past week. the bowel issue resolved by itself without surgery ...