f



error message"invalid argument"

my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on
them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin
grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do
it anymore can someone tell me what to do please........

0
jjelswick (1)
6/19/2007 4:49:26 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42670 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

1 Replies
422 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:49:26 -0700, jjelswick@yahoo.com wrote:

>my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on
>them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin
>grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do
>it anymore can someone tell me what to do please........

This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Access, the database product. You'll get better answers to your questions in a
newsgroup devoted to your partciular OS (i.e. Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc).

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
scott8442 (47)
6/19/2007 9:57:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do fix: "Wrong number of arguments" / "invalid propert assignment" / "Invalid argument"
I'm trying to view a web page. IE tells me there are (Java?) errors on the page. Here they are: Line: 15 Char: 7 Error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid propert assignment Code: 0 URL: http://(address.of.my.webcam):port/LiveView.html and Line: 46 Char: 3 Error: Invalid argument Code: 0 URL: http://(address.of.my.webcam):port/LiveView.html When it says "line 15" or "line 46" , is that really the 15'th and 46'th line of "liveview.html" ??? What is "Char" referring to? Here is the contents...

MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error"
Hi, Folks! I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW v3.11. I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages (paraphrased): 1. Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked" 2. When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes through okay but Access comes up with the same error message. 3. When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator: "Reserved Error (-1302)..." What the Fudge!?! Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know how it can be fixed? A...

Error Message Help "Error Accessing File"
Hello, I don't understand this error message." Error accessing File. Network Connection may have been lost." I'm not using any network connection for the database. In the VBA editor is goes to "Private Sub Form_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)". I have been making a bunch of changes and I'm sure I have done something to corrupt this mdb but I don't know where to start of this one. I hope there is help for me... Thanks Norris x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x-- Access to o...

Error Message: "Error accessing product object method"
We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call outlineTW.Save() in an agent. Our developer uses the Notes 5 Designer and those who have problems use the Notes 6 clients. Could it be the cause of the prolem? Or else: any help please? Hi Lucky Luke, > We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when > we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call > outlineTW.Save() in an agent. What type of object is outlineTW? I'm writing a script lib...

"out of memory" error message and "segment violation" or "segmentation fault (on linux)": the partially solution
Dear all, try these solution (origin support matlab): type the command line at the top of your .m file: feature accel off You can type the same at prompt matlab. If you are lucky, the message diseppaers. Type feature accel on for toggle (on is the default mode). Alain, who as very big experience with "out of memory and segmentation fault" ...

makeconnection errors: "Invalid argument"
Having a problem I could find nothing on using Google. I'm getting a -lot- of the following errors in my maillog: i43ERpEZ018812: makeconnection (xxxx) failed: Invalid argument xxxx being almost every single mail server I try to send mail to. From one sendmail server to another it'll even do this. It'll fail the first try, and on the second try it'll go through. It doesn't do this with mail that stays on the server, but from the best I can tell (and from numerous test messages) it'll do this with every single outgoing message. Anybody know how I can fix this? Mai...

iptables
Hello everyone, Why does this entry below result in a iptables error message? iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE Results in "iptables: invalid argument" And where might I find any documentation on the error messages for iptables? Thanks Luther martin02 wrote: > Why does this entry below result in a iptables error message? > > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE > > Results in "iptables: invalid argument" > > And where might I find any documentation on the error messages for iptables? One thing I can think of is that the nat table is not supported by Your kernel. - In /var/log/messages, You might see a corresponding message. Try lsmod and in Your kernel tree, see /net/ipv4/netfilter for the names of the modules that You might need, especially all *nat* modules. Then, You could try to insmod or modprobe these modules, where the ones starting with "iptable_*" are the tables, "ipt_*" with capital letters are Your targets and all others are matches. This will also help with Your problem in the other thread You started. Cheers, Jack. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- My personal reading of the string "MicroSoft" expands to "NanoWeak"... On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:02:44 -0400, martin02 <lutherpFORTY@bellsouth.net> fought his way into comp.os.linux.networking, paused briefly and let fort...

Error Message "Cannot open any more databases"
I have a report that uses several subreports. The report looks fine in print preview, but when I send it to the printer, I keep getting this message "Cannot open any more databases." This happened when I add the last subreport. Is there a limit on the amount of subreports you can call from a report? If so, any work-arounds? There is a little code behind the report, but nothing using recordsets. ...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

about "++" and "--"
why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8" the program is: main() { int i=8; printf("%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n",++i,--i,i++,i--,-i++,-i--); } > why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8" Ask your compiler-vendor because this result is IMHO implementation-defined. Check this out: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-39.15 http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-39.16 Regards, Irina Marudina fxc123@gmail.com wrote: > why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8&q...

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By c...

why "::", not "."
Why does the method of modules use a dot, and the constants a double colon? e.g. Math::PI and Math.cos -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Oct 26, 2010, at 01:48 , Oleg Igor wrote: > Why does the method of modules use a dot, and the constants a double > colon? > e.g. > Math::PI and Math.cos For the same reason why inner-classes/modules use double colon, because = they're constants and that's how you look up via constant namespace. Math::PI and ActiveRecord::Base are the same type of lookup... it is = just that Base is a module and PI is a float....

Changing case "message" to "MESSAGE"
Working my way through Koenig & Moo "Accelerated C++" and using Borlang Builder 5 (but that is probably not relevant) I reached exercise 1-1 and typed in #include <vcl.h> #pragma hdrstop #include <iostream> #include <string> int main(int argc, char*argv[]} { const std::string hello = "Hello" // This by itself compiled const std::string message = "Hello" // and other stuff which I have //left out here. system("PAUSE"); return 0; } But I left caps lock on, and by mistake typed MESSAGE, an...

Local forwarding with "iptables" gives "invalid arguments"
Dear all, while trying to set up a reverse proxy I ran into serious trouble with iptables. I'm trying to forward locally generated traffic to a remote machine. But a command like # iptables -A OUTPUT -t nat -p tcp -d 192.168.1.154 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.250 fails with the laconic message "iptables: Invalid argument" which is not helpful in any way. I' running SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (last try was with their kernel 2.6.5-7.191-default) and, YES, I have already rebuilt the kernel after setting CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_LOCAL=y. Actually I built several kernel by now, the last one with all netfilter stuff compiled in (not as modules). However, the result stays the same whatever I try, that damn "Invalid argument". How can I find out what is the reason for that, how can I debug this kind of stuff in a way that enables me to find what "argument" is "invalid" here for what reason. Benno ...

"Runtime error" using functions with argument "interp"
Hi, My program gets "Runtime error" and breaks down when using functions with argument "interp", such as Tcl_SetObjResult, Tcl_ResetResult, Tcl_Eval. The detailed information is "Microsoft Runtime Library: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for information." It have some .tcl scripts and a DLL which is compiled with MS VC++6.0. The DLL uses SendArp function to check the connection, and returns TCL_ERROR or TCL_OK to tcl script using Tcl_SetObjResult. It works well with Wish, but when I wrap it to .exe with TclApp in ActiveTcl Dev Kit, it runs into the error. I have located the error to Tcl_SetObjResult function. Howerver I don't know how to get it over. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you very much! Regards Zhou Jingyu 2009-2-20 You're going to have to give some example code for anybody to be able to answer this question with any accuracy. RF 1985zhoujingyu@163.com wrote: > Hi, > My program gets "Runtime error" and breaks down when using functions > with argument "interp", such as Tcl_SetObjResult, Tcl_ResetResult, > Tcl_Eval. The detailed information is "Microsoft Runtime Library: This > application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual > way. Please contact the application's support team for information." > It have some .tcl scripts and a DLL which is compiled...

matlab error "Input argument "resol_y" is undefined"
dear all.. i keep getting this error >>??? Input argument "resol_y" is undefined<< and the the error was pointed to here: function [snake_pnts,e] = snake(pnts, alpha, beta, max_delta_x, resol_x, ... max_delta_y, resol_y, feat_img) if resol_y < 1; resol_y = 1; end; <<-- the error can anybody help me?i'm new actually in matlab world this is the to the sourcesode <http://cobweb.ecn.purdue.edu/~malcolm/interval/1995-017/snake.m> "fiza" <pja_usm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ef58f4a.-1@webcrossing.ra...

Urgent need """""""""""INFORMATICA DEVELOPER"""""""""""""
Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) Data warehousing experience Threading and job concepts in 10g/11g Cost based Optimizer concepts in 10g/11g Must : Experience with XML files and partitioning concepts in Oracle, Collections, Material Views Note : No phone calls please. : send Resumes to karthik@bhaninfo.com Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"
I just bought a new computer and I re-installed Eudora Light on my new computer. But when I open Eudora, the "In", "Out" and "Trash" links are not on the left side of the screen the way they were on my old computer. How can I get these links back on the left side of the screen? Thank you. On 25 Mar 2007 09:49:22 -0700, "abx" <abfunex@yahoo.com> wrote: >I just bought a new computer and I re-installed Eudora Light on my new >computer. But when I open Eudora, the "In", "Out" and "Trash" links >are ...

Continuation of "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!"
I find myself in the same situation of the author of the thread entitled "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!" See http://tinyurl.com/o9kog or http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.networking/browse_frm/thread/6aa9b7a694b59b9b/9bb8512e8f6c233a?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#9bb8512e8f6c233a .. I am trying to use rsync to synchronize some files between two systems. I'm planning on doing this rather frequently, so it's my understanding that I should use the rsync daemon mode, and using ssh is basically a requirement as well. My most recent successful step was to link the /etc/rsyncd.conf file to $HOME for my remote user, and I'm now getting this error: $ rsync --rsh="ssh" -av --delete test.txt remoteHost::ModuleName/my/path @ERROR: chroot failed rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1296) [sender=2.6.8] Basically, what I want to know is this: In the thread above, the response was basically, "If you want to use ssh, then don't use the rsync daemon." That seems to be a common response on the web. Is it true? Is there a sensible way to use both ssh and the rsync daemon? As a related question, what is the additional overhead for NOT running rsync in daemon mode? Thanks. kenney@lucent.com <kenney@lucent.com> wrote: > I am trying to use rsync to synchronize some files between two systems. > I'm planning on doing this rather frequently, so it's...

error writing "sock????": invalid argument
Hello everyone, I am experiencing problems using smtp/mime packages, as it raises an error after sending an email: this is part of my code: set body "some plain text" set unMsg [mime::initialize -canonical text/plain -string $body] set unXLS [mime::initialize -canonical application/vnd.ms-excel - file excelfile.xls -param [list name "excelfile.xls"]] set multiT [mime::initialize -canonical multipart/mixed -parts [list $unMsg $unXLS]] set smtpserver smtp.myisp.com set from [format "Informes de Producci=F3n <%s>" erpreps@acompany.com] set to [format "%s <%s>" {Nombre de Persona} fakeid@foo.bar] set hashString [format %s%s%s $from $to [clock seconds]] set checksum [crc::cksum $hashString] set msgId [format "<%s.ip3gA@acompany>" $checksum] smtp::sendmessage $multiT \ -username myUsername \ -password myPassword \ -usetls true \ -servers $smtpserver \ -header [list From $from] \ -header [list To $to] \ -header [list Subject "Your requested report"] \ -debug 1] Its execution leads to this: Trying smtp.fakeisp.com... <-- 220 lnldap3.fakeisp.com ESMTP Welcome to lnldap3.fakeisp.com --> EHLO ofiura (wait upto 300 seconds) <-- 250-lnldap3.fakeisp.com Welcome to lnldap3.fakeisp.com <-- 250-PIPELINING <-- 250-SIZE 15240000 <-- 250-DATAZ <-- 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN <-- 250 ...

package require "invalid argument" error
Hello I'm getting an error of "invalid argument" when trying to add a package...is there a way to debug what is wrong or what files are missing, etc? Thanks AC amir.companieh@gmail.com wrote: > I'm getting an error of "invalid argument" when trying to add a > package...is there a way to debug what is wrong or what files are > missing, etc? Here's how to start. I'll assume the command [package require foo] returns that error. First, find out what versions of "foo" are known to the package system with [package versions foo]. Look through those versions and determine which one Tcl is trying to provide. This depends on what's available, what requirement you've specified, etc. If you don't know how to do this, write again with more actual detail. Let's say you determine Tcl is trying to provide "foo 2.3". Next, find out what script is registered to provide "foo 2.3", with [package ifneeded foo 2.3]. That will return the script which is raising the error, and you can continue debugging of that script. I expect that the script will look something like [load /path/to/foo23.dll Foo], and the actual problem is that Tcl's [load] command does not like your foo23.dll file. It's unforunate that the system loader doesn't give a more meaningful error message than it does, but the problem is in the dll. Review the expectations of both Tcl and your system for such [load]able thin...

"Invalid Handle passed to database" error
We've upgraded our operating systems from WindowsNT to Windows XP Pro. Since then, our PB 7.0 apllication is giving out the following error message: "Invalid Handle passed to database". This happens sometimes when retrieving lists. When we restart the application and retrieve the exact same list, it just works fine. What could be the problem? Gandalf ...

What causes inconsistent error: Error loading &quot;mydll.dll&quot; Invalid access to memory location.
I have a set of sample code vis which are wrappers around an external dll using the call library function nodes.&nbsp; These work in all versions of LabVIEW from 6.1 to 8.2.&nbsp; In version 8 and 8.2, there is an inconsistent error which appears after a vi is opened, run successfully, closed and then re-opened some time later - all without closing LabVIEW.&nbsp; The error is reported without an error number as 'Error loading "myDll.dll". Invalid access to memory location.'&nbsp; If LabVIEW is closed, reopened and the vi loaded again&nbsp;and run, it works fine.&nbsp; The same error occurs if a second vi calling the same .dll is loaded and run after the first is successful. &nbsp; Since the vi works just fine the first time it is opened, why does this error occur the second time?&nbsp; What do I have to change so that I don't&nbsp; have to close LabVIEW every time I want to run a different VI? &nbsp; Thanks in advance. &nbsp; Mike. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Error message using "Copy Database Wizard"
Any advice from the crowd? Every time I try to run "Copy Database Wizard" I get an error message saying I must be a member of the sysadmin group and have permission to copy files over the network. I'm a local admin on both boxes and a member of the sysadmin group on both SQL servers and an admin on the network. What am I missing here? Thanks, Ralph Noble ralph_noble@hotmail.com Is the target server running under a domain account? Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274463&Product=sql -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP "R...

Web resources about - error message"invalid argument" - comp.databases.ms-access

Resources last updated: 3/20/2016 10:54:16 PM