error message; microsoft access can't find the field 'ToggleLink' referred to in your expression

i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the
above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway.
how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks

grahamwarren2009@googlemail.com wrote:
> i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the
> above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway.
> how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks

Do you have access to the code.  If so, open up a code module for the
form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink.
     Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed but
something is still referring to it.
0
oil (4047)
3/14/2009 8:45:43 PM
On 14 Mar, 20:45, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
> grahamwarren2...@googlemail.com wrote:
> > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the
> > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway.
> > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks
>
> Do you have access to the code. =A0If so, open up a code module for the
> form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink.
> =A0 =A0 =A0Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed=
 but
> something is still referring to it.

Tried that sorry, can't see what ToggleLink refers to. Is there any
way I can get someone to look at file and play with it to try and fix?
(It's about 42MB but don't know why it's that big...not a lot of data
in it, maybe some images in the design making it larger than
necessary). This is a school project my daughter is doing for her A
levels and school apparently can't fix. Not much experience at access
so I'm not much help to her.

Any help much appreciated.
grahamwarren2009@googlemail.com wrote:

> On 14 Mar, 20:45, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
>
>>grahamwarren2...@googlemail.com wrote:
>>
>>>i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the
>>>above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway.
>>>how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks
>>
>>Do you have access to the code.  If so, open up a code module for the
>>form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink.
>>     Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed but
>>something is still referring to it.
>

> Tried that sorry, can't see what ToggleLink refers to. Is there any
> way I can get someone to look at file and play with it to try and fix?
> (It's about 42MB but don't know why it's that big...not a lot of data
> in it, maybe some images in the design making it larger than
> necessary). This is a school project my daughter is doing for her A
> levels and school apparently can't fix. Not much experience at access
> so I'm not much help to her.

Did you search just the form or the entire project?

Is there a need to send an entire mdb?  At best, I'd think the calling
form, the called form, and perhaps any code modules those forms call
would be all that's needed.

You don't mention your version.  What if it's in a version somebody that
wanted to help doesn't have.

Instead of that, here's some code that might help you out instead.
Paste them into a new Module and run each one.

Public Sub QueryHasString()
     'Search all your querys for the word "ToggleLink"
     Dim qdf As QueryDef
     Dim strSQL As String
     Dim I As Integer
     For Each qdf In CurrentDb.QueryDefs
         If Left(qdf.Name, 1) <> "~" Then
             strSQL = UCase(qdf.SQL)
             If InStr(strSQL, "ToggleLink") > 0 Then
                 Debug.Print qdf.Name
                 I = I + 1
             End If
     Next qdf
     MsgBox "Done " & I
End Sub

Public Sub ScanToggle()
     'scan all forms in the mdb and all control name and control sources
     'in each form for the word "ToggleLink"

     Dim dbs As Database
     Dim doc As Document
     Dim frm As Form
     Dim ctl As Control
     Dim blnFound As Boolean

     Set dbs = CurrentDb

     With dbs.Containers!Forms
         For Each doc In .Documents
             DoCmd.OpenForm doc.Name, acDesign, , , , acHidden
             Set frm = Forms(doc.Name)

             blnFound = False

             For Each ctl In frm.Controls
                 If InStr(ctl.Name, "ToggleLink") > 0 Then
			blnFound = True
		Else
         	  Select Case ctl.ControlType
	          Case acTextBox, acComboBox, acListBox
	            If InStr(ctl.ControlSource, "ToggleLink") > 0 Then
                 	blnFound = True
	            End If
         	  End Select
             	Endif

                 If blnFound Then
                     MsgBox "Form " & frm.Name & " " & ctl.Name
                     Exit For
                 End If
             Next ctl
             Set frm = Nothing
             DoCmd.Close acForm, doc.Name
         Next doc
     End With

     MsgBox "Done"
End Sub

> Any help much appreciated.
0
oil (4047)

Microsoft Access Can't Find Macro '.' #2
I keep receiving the above error message in Microsoft Access 2003 when I open ANY database - including a completely empty test database (no forms, no macros, no tables). Can anyone suggest a solution? TIA ...

Wine-20050830: Can't find DLL 'x' needed by 'y', error=2
Obviously, Wine-20050830 is much, much different from earlier versions in that it does not even seem to consider a '.wine/config' file. And, it would seem, there's a problem or misunderstanding about locating DLLs. When I try to start 16-bit "Delphi.exe," I get an error: Could not load 'BIVBX11.DLL' required by 'DELPHI', error=2 A more detailed trace shows: [snip!] trace:module:LdrGetDllHandle 0 0 L"OLE32.DLL" -> 0x7f550000 trace:module:load_dll looking for L"ole32.dll" in L"C:\\delphi\\bin;.;c:\\windows\\syste...

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

How is there an 'error' with 'no message'
I have a form with many fields, each of which has their separate record sources in a split db. Today, several users throughout the afternoon encountered the following message when accessing various dropdowns on the form: "Error (-1517). There is no message for this error." Three questions: 1. Has anyone encountered this error before? 2. If so, how was it overcome? 3. How can MS produce an error message that states : "There is no message for this error"? It would seem to me that if MS has assigned a number to an error, they must know that it can happen. If they k...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

Access can't find the field referenced in your expression
I have a main form "Main" and a sub form "Sub" - the subform contains a list of relevant documents that I might want to associate with a record in the form on Main. These documents are contained in a table and include a field that has a hyperlink to them. I'm trying to use the AfterUpdate event - after the user selects a document from the dropdown list, I want the form to automatically copy in the hyperlink. Private Sub Document_AfterUpdate() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String '[fx-get document] is a form created just for accessing the documents in their table stDocName = "fx - get document" stLinkCriteria = "[evTitle]=" & "'" & Me![Evidence] & "'" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Dim doc_location As String 'DM_Other_Location contains the hyperlink <<<< it breaks here - can't find DM_Other_Location doc_location = Forms![fx - get document]!DM_Other_Location.Text DoCmd.Close 'Now put the hyperlink into the desired field Forms![analysis-document subform]!Location.SetFocus Forms![analysis-document subform]!Location.Text = doc_location End Sub MPS wrote: > I have a main form "Main" and a sub form "Sub" - the subform contains > a list of relevant documents that I might want to associate with a > record in the form on Main. These documents ar...

'^=' and '~='?

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y" tells you whether x and y actually refer to the same object. In the case of singletons like None (there's only one None object), it's better to use "is". "ElChino" <elchino@cnn.cn>: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: Do the following: take two $10 bills. Hold one bill in the left hand, hold the other bill in the right hand. Now, the bill in the left hand "is not" the bill in the right hand. However, the bill in the left hand "==" the bill in the right hand. > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. In almost all cases, both tests would result in the same behavior. However, the "is not" test is conceptually the correct one since you want...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ##...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ########################################################################### #define MODULE #define __KERNEL__ #include <linux/config.h> #include <linux/module.h> #include <linux/kernel.h> /* printk */ #include <linux/fs.h> / #include <linux/errno.h> /* error codes */ #include <linux/types.h> /* size_t */ #include <linux/proc_fs.h> /* proc file system */ #include <linux/fcntl.h> #include <asm/system.h> /* cli, flags */ #include <asm/uaccess.h> /* copy from/to user */ /*Registers to get qadc access*/ volatile unsigned short * qadcmcr = (unsigned short *)0x40190000; volatile unsigned short * qacr0 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000a; volatile unsigned short * qacr1 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000c; volatile unsigned short * qacr2 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000e; volatile unsigned short * qasr0 = (unsigned short *)0x40190010; volatile unsigned short * qasr1...

Can't find 'Prototype' syntax in JavaScript Bible'
'JavaScript Bible' v6 by Danny Goodman doesn't seem to describe the snytax used in Prototype.js. Namely, I could not find discussion of 'Object.extend' and the ':' feature (e.g., 'toColorPart:'), as in: Object.extend(Number.prototype, { toColorPart: function() { var digits = this.toString(16); if (this < 16) return '0' + digits; return digits; }, Similarly (or perhaps, not so similar), what this is about: var Try = { these: function() { .... } } Can someone please tell me where to find this in the book, or if it's n...

Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql'
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4 I have apache 2.2 and am running the most current version of mySQL. I cannot get DBD::mysql to install. I have downloaded the perl module form CPAN and tried both automated and manual installations. During the make test step the module fails and gives me the following error. Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql' symbol in /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Mysql.pm line 13 As far as I can tell the path is correct and I have not tried to install it anywh...

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';''
I'm getting the following error Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /home/notarywe/public_html/php/update2.php on line 108 Here is line 108 <input type="text" name="ud_first" value="<? echo "$first" size="20"?>"></td> Any help would be appreciated. On 3-Aug-2003, "entoone" <entoone@pacbell.net> wrote: > I'm getting the following error Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' > or > `';'' in /home/notarywe/public_h...

Error : Internal Mach-O Importer Error File 'ImportMachO.c' Line 1112 can't find section for address
HI folks, I just installed CW 9 and it's latest update 9.1. Next I created new Cocoa based project and it doesn't compile with error: Error : Internal Mach-O Importer Error File 'ImportMachO.c' Line 1112 can't find section for address Could anyone help? Thanks Robert In article <2004022021212116807%robertcerny@maccom>, Robert ?ern´┐Ż <robertcerny@mac.com> wrote: >HI folks, >I just installed CW 9 and it's latest update 9.1. Next I created new >Cocoa based project and it doesn't compile with error: Error : >Internal Mach-O Importer Error File 'ImportMachO.c' Line 1112 can't >find section for address We do have an updated Mach-O Importer that is going to be out in CW 9.2. If you write to me I can send you the beta plugin so you can try it, to see if that fixes your error I think it will. Ron -- Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior - "Software Starts Here" Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - <http://www.metrowerks.com> ...

Error Message: "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session"
I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an email attachment "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't installed Access 97 on this machine. I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from the file menu. Can anyone help me with this. TIA Stephen, Try opening the mail program before clicking on the "Mail as Attachment". I seem to remember this error having something to do with what is your default mail program. If you have Outlook listed as your default mail program you may need to change it to Outlook Express. Regards. "Stephen" <steph_mw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fb7fe31@news.comindico.com.au... > I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an > email attachment > > "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" > > On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you > have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't > installed Access 97 on this machine. > > I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from > the file menu. > > Can anyone help me with this. > > TIA > > --- This email from Barry Wright has been scanned using AVG 6.0 and...

Runtime Error 2465: can't find the field "|" refered to in your expression
Hi, What the heck is that supposed to mean? I am getting this error on a "Me.Requery" line in a subroutine on a form, but only when I select something from a combo/dropdown box. The *exact* same code is run when I do other things (like press the Save button or tab through that control). I have searched every control, involved queries and tables and I can't find anything that looks fishy. Any ideas? -pw Good night, Paul! This could be several things. What event are you doing this in? A requery could trigger a chain of events that actually fails somewhere. For example, if ...

perlcc error
Hi, I'm a perl hack and want to distribute a windows executable of one of my scripts. When I invoke the perl compiler by using perlcc, I get the following error. perlcc.bat: Can't unlink error file pccrYVGS If I try multiple times, the error is the same but the filename changes. I googled and didn't see anything that would help me. One thing I did find out was that a recent installation of some development tools blew away portions of my 'path' environment variable, including the path to the perl bin directory (which also has perlcc.bat). I have restored this to th...

Removing the letters 't' 'i' 'x' and 'y'
Im having trouble with figuring out how to write a function which will remove the letters 't' 'i' 'x' and 'y' from any input string in matlab. for example modstr(pixy) should result in ans = 'p' or modstr(picture) should result in ans = 'pcure' if anyone could offer any help or hints i would really appreciate it. Thank You >> modstr=@(s) s(~ismember(s,'tixy')) modstr = @(s)s(~ismember(s,'tixy')) >> modstr('picture') ans = pcure % Bruno ...

'Undefined function Dlookup' error with Sagekey 'Access 2002 Msi Wizard'
Hello I develop my applications in Access 2002. My development system is running Windows XP SP2 and I have Microsoft Office XP Developer. Microsoft Office XP is at SP3. I used Inno Setup (great product) to install my applications. When the Access Runtime was needed on the system I simply ran 'accessrt.msi' from Microsoft Office Developer discs. When another version of Access (other than Access 2002) was on the system then I simply edited the shortcut so that my application will open with Access Runtime 2002. Everything worked great for about six years. In the last couple of years mos...

more efficient 'find' with 'and'
Hi, I have the following code, but it runs quite slowly: for k=1:1000 a=find(and((b(:,1)==c(k)),(b(:,2)==d(k)))); end Is there a more efficient method? Thanks for your help. Dave Brackett wrote: > Hi, I have the following code, but it runs quite slowly: > > for k=1:1000 > a=find(and((b(:,1)==c(k)),(b(:,2)==d(k)))); > end > > Is there a more efficient method? I will assume for this discussion that you do something with "a" inside the loop: if you do not, then "a" will be the same as if you had only done k=1000 You could try t...

'^' and '$' in Regular expression
Dear All: I am writing a regexp lib which can be accessed on http://code.google.com/p/snev/source/browse/#svn/trunk/tlab/regexp/new. It use the theory in dragon book, regexp->NFA->DFA. but when I try to match the '^'(begin of line) and '$'(end of line), some problems occurs. Other symbols except ^ and $ are 'really' characters, they can be the weights of the edges, but ^ and $ are not. And I try to match ^ and $ as '\n', and add '\n' to the ends of the text, but it seems not a prefect solution. Thanks. I hope this will not appear to be t...

Using Access to 'access' an sql database on a webserver
Is this possible? I know about a bit about ODBC and found how to import an ODBC database stored on the computer, however I am after accessing an SQL database stored on a webserver. I'd like to keep it up to date, but that could probably be done with a macro. At the moment I'm just considoring possible options, so just need to know if it can be done, how easy and a rough idea of how. Any help would be much appreciated! Flic On 6 Oct 2006 03:59:25 -0700, "Flic" <FelicityP@gmail.com> wrote: I typically create an ADP, then connect to such db specifying the IP address...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wrong. HJ "Aaron" <aaron@rapid-motion.co.uk> wrote in message news:260d7f40.0408120245.2f3d01f8@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Thanks for ur help there HJ. > > I know how to do the tasks you specified there. > > I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the > fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, > DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the > values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; > > [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] > > a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. > > please help. > > Aaron First off, if you are not always using all the parameters specified in your form, then you have to add parameters to your query on the fly. Also, you can't just do something like qdf.SQL = "SE...

if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ?
Hi, there. =20 I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody how to abbreviate this line : if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.')=20 =20 Igor Kurbeko Clinical Programmer Analyst 678 336 4328 ikurbeko@atherogenics.com =20 no brain no pain =20 how about: if not (str_mo in ('','.') or str_da in ('','.') or str_yy in ('','.')) OR if not (missing(str_mo) or missing(str_da) or missing(str_yy)) Eric On 22 Oct 03 21:13:37 GMT, ikurbeko@ATHER...

Web resources about - error message; microsoft access can't find the field 'ToggleLink' referred to in your expression - comp.databases.ms-access