ERROR: "Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed. -2147024769"

I have created a front-end application and back-end database.  I have
code that automatically links the front-end application to the
back-end database for whenever I provide a patch or upgrade.
Everytime that I opened the program in the past using either Access
2002 and 2003, it open just fine with no errors when linking to the
back-end tables.

Lately, I get the following error message whenever I open my
application:

ERROR:  "Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed.
Check to see if you installed the tables used for storing data is in
the default directory. -2147024769"

After clicking, "OK", my application continues to open and re-links to
the back-end tables anyway.  Yes, all the data displays in the
application front-end data fields.

I removed all the links to the back-end tables; re-imported the
back-end tables; same problem.  This was then followed by with
creating a new application re-combining the front and back-ends (no
problems occurred in loading and using the application) and preceded
to re-split the application again.  I continue to receive the above
error.

I went to backups and earlier versions of my application, up to 12
months, and now, they give out the same above error message.  Could
this be an Access problem?

Any ideas on what is going on?

John

I've seen this problem when there are hidden table objects confusing my
re-linker.  Have the re-linker print out the name of each table as it loops,
and see if you get any strange ones.

On 3 Jul 2004 07:10:39 -0700, jphelan2000@earthlink.net (John Phelan) wrote:

>I have created a front-end application and back-end database.  I have
>code that automatically links the front-end application to the
>back-end database for whenever I provide a patch or upgrade.
>Everytime that I opened the program in the past using either Access
>2002 and 2003, it open just fine with no errors when linking to the
>back-end tables.
>
>Lately, I get the following error message whenever I open my
>application:
>
>ERROR:  "Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed.
>Check to see if you installed the tables used for storing data is in
>the default directory. -2147024769"
>
>After clicking, "OK", my application continues to open and re-links to
>the back-end tables anyway.  Yes, all the data displays in the
>application front-end data fields.
>
>I removed all the links to the back-end tables; re-imported the
>back-end tables; same problem.  This was then followed by with
>creating a new application re-combining the front and back-ends (no
>problems occurred in loading and using the application) and preceded
>to re-split the application again.  I continue to receive the above
>error.
>
>I went to backups and earlier versions of my application, up to 12
>months, and now, they give out the same above error message.  Could
>this be an Access problem?
>
>Any ideas on what is going on?
>

>John

0
nospam48 (2784)
7/3/2004 9:23:48 PM
Steve,

How do you print out the name of each as it loops using the r0linker?

John