Error on MS Access Project when updating table

This is a simple MS Access 2003 Project file (*.adp).  It accesses a
SQL Server 2005 database on the network.  It has 10 tables.
Everything updates, deletes, inserts, adds without a hitch, except for
the issue(s) below.

When I make a selection from the combo box and move to another object
or close the form I get the following error:

(error 1) "Key value for this row was changed or deleted at the data
store.  The local row is now deleted."  I hit the "OK" button.

It takes me back to the form.

If I close the form, I get this error:

(error 2) "Multiple-step operation generated errors.  Check each
status value"  I hit the "OK" button.

Another alter box appears saying, "You can't save this record at this
time.  <Application Name> may have encountered an error while trying
to save a record.  If you close this object now, the data changes you
made will be lost.  Do you want to close the database object anyway?"
<Yes> <No>

I hit "Yes" the alert box appears again.

I hit "Yes" again.  Another alert box appears with this error message,
"Another user or application has deleted this record or changed the
value of its primary key."

Error 2 appears again.  I hit the "OK" button and the form disappears.

I look at the data in the table and the new information has been saved/
committed.  When I open the form again the data I just entered (after
the errors) is there and in the tables (obviously).

Thoughts?  Suggestions?
0
chfran (32)

Update MS Access table from another table
This is probably very simple but I can't figure out a way to update one table from another table. Here is an example: ------ TABLEA ------ first_name last_name grade ------ TABLEB ------ first_name last_name grade I want to update TABLEB's "grade" column from TABLEA (join by first_name and last_name). What's wrong with following sql? UPDATE TABLEB SET GRADE = (SELECT GRADE FROM TABLEA WHERE TABLEA.LAST_NAME = TABLEB.LAST_NAME AND TABLEA.FIRST_NAME = TABLEB.FIRST_NAME) Also, one more question: How do I update TABLE's &quo...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

exporting data from ms access to ms project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites etc that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England ...

ms-access database cannot be updated
I have a ms-access application. The front end is ms-access and the backend is SQL Server. Originallly it worked well on windows 2000 machine. After the machine is re-imaged to windows xp machine. The application cannot be updated. All the textbox or dropdownlist become readonly. There are no particular error message. The screen is just freeze when you are trying to do update. Can someone help with this issue? Thanks! ...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

1* Exporting data from Ms Access to Ms Project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites, books that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England There is code to write from Access to Project in Scott Barker's "Access 2000 Power Programming". Never automated Project, but the rest of his code worked a charm, so that should too. ...

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Updating MS-Access Database query
hello i need to update my MS-Access database thru matlab. when using the following code using function "updates" it updates the database i.e .......whereClause = 'where month = ''Nov'''..... Here "Nov" is an entry in the database. Now when i assign a variable to the months..ie variable name "MNTH" could contain Jan /Feb etc,.....and i want to pass the variable "MNTH" ie .......whereClause = 'where month = ''MNTH'''..... it DOES NOT update the database and i receive the error .....error in horxcat......

Updating MS Access tables from a query
I created a form which display data from a query, the query displays field values from a few tables, For example in the main table I have school ID, and school name and schooltypeID. The form displays School name and School Type (this value come from a different table depending on SchoolTypeID). 1, How can I use the same form to create a new record 2, How can I create a "dialog" list based on SchoolTypeID which displays the SchoolType correctly but updates the record with the correct type ID. Thanks ...

Error Creating Table in MS Access
All, Please help me with following error. I am using classic ASP to connect to MS Access DB to create a table dynamically. Following is the table definition. I get the error when I execute the following SQL. CREATE TABLE [Exceptions] ( [ID] [Number] NULL , [LegalEntityID] [Number] NULL , [CompanyID] [Number] NULL , [DivisionID] [Number] NULL , [LocationID] [Number] NULL , [Level1ID] [Number] NULL , [QNQLevel1ID] [Number] NULL , [QNQLevel1YRID] [Number] NULL , [Level2ID] [Number] NULL , [QNQLevel2ID] [Number] NULL , [QNQLevel2YRID] [Number] NULL , [VendorID] [Number] NULL , [CostCenterProject...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
The answer is given here: Problem Note 7495: No read permission on System Tables when using SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC with a Microsoft Access ODBC Driver http://support.sas.com/kb/7/495.html Regards Dietrich Dietrich Alte schrieb: > Dear all, > > I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know > when they were created and/or modified. > The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, > but I have not managed to read it from SAS. > (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) > --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? > I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. > > Regards > > Dietrich > -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

Web resources about - Error on MS Access Project when updating table - comp.databases.ms-access

Wikipedia:Updating information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Facebook Updating Software Development Kit For Apple IOS 6 To Reflect Integration
With Facebook integration officially coming to Apple’s iOS 6 mobile operating system for its iPhone and iPad tablet, what new features are in ...

Updating how Cost per Click is Measured on Facebook
To help advertisers better understand how their ads perform, we're updating the definition of cost per click on Facebook. Learn what the change ...

Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know
Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Page Updating
... who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 , which should be released soon, will include Page updating, ...

Updating trends on mobile
Trends are a great way to find out what people are talking about on Twitter at a given moment and at a single glance. Starting today, we’re making ...

Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store on iTunes
Get Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 Updating #2 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore berrytokyo's photos on Flickr. berrytokyo has uploaded 126 photos to Flickr.

LOOT v0.7.0 for Mod Organizer: Updating and Installation - YouTube
A new version of LOOT (Load Order Optimisation Tool) has been released with some major upgrades. This video tutorial shows how to upgrade and ...

Updating Emma: Jane Austen's classic joins list of literary reworks
Jane Austen published six novels. Just six. She died before she completed the seventh.