Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file

Hello,

I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted.
When i try to open the file it gives the error:
The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and
another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch).

I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or
Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how
to save the data in this .mdb file.

Greetings,

Remco

0
info1279 (7)

Remco Groot Beumer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted.
> When i try to open the file it gives the error:
> The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and
> another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch).
>
> I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or
> Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how
> to save the data in this .mdb file.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Remco

if your friend doesn't have a backup, it's shot.  There are companies
that you can sent it to which specialize in getting data out of corrupt
Access databases....but it'll cost you a pretty penny!

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file #2
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco ...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com... I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Jim Devenish <internet.shopping@foobox.com> wrote: Have you tried the Shell command? If you weren't using the AutoExec macro but one with another name, you could use the /X command line switch for msaccess.exe -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an >already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but >does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening ...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

ADO Connection Open fails with error -2147467259 when MS Access database under Source Safe
Immediately after generating the Access application from the Source Safe project I get: "-2147467259 Could not use ''; file already in use." If Access database closed and then reopened I get: "-2147467259 The database has been place in a state by user 'Admin' on machine ..... that prevents it from being opened or locked." This error will then persist - even past a machine reboot and compact and repair of both application db (without source safe removal) and 'server' db. If I remove the Access application from Source Safe the ADO connection opens fine. (Might have to close database and reopen it to get it working the first time after eliminating source safe.) I do not appear to be short on memory. Am using: Access 2003 with sp1 Source Safe 6.0d Windows XP Professional with sp2 Database in Access 2002-2003 format Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library I have isolated error in test database with just one table and one form. Test1 fails under source safe while Test2 - which avoids use of the offending open command -works regardless of use of source safe. Any illumination on this would be appreciated. I have found the Source Safe & Access combination hard going but I do not want to loose source code control. This issue has undermined my confidence in these tools yet again. Many thanks. GM Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub cmdTest1_Click() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim cnn As ADODB.Conne...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Open Source Database as an Alternative MS Access?
Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an alternative to MS Access? TIA Dan <dan@nospam.com> writes: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/Applications/Databases/140/ In article <4YnOb.91694$fq1.71625@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.rekallrevealed.org/ Dave Cook Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERS...

open a pasword proteccted ms access database
Hi, So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how to do that using connection string? have tried just give the password only and blank on ussername but error. TIA "yanto" <yanto2000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7dd63a1c-da3b-4a11-886a-f9dd8912e1a0@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my > client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how > to do that using connection string? have tried ...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

Identifying Access Databases with tables linked from other Databases/Files
Hi, Have a number of Access Databases that I inherited and want to zip a few of them. My concern is that other active Microsoft Applications may be linking to the database or its tables. Is there a method of searching that will allow me to identify those MS Access files that are linked to. I am not really concerned with itemizing the which files link to which, but just that a link exists. Thanks in advance for any help. Bill It is easy to find the files which it links to but I don't know of any way to find the files which link to it. If you want to find the ones it links to look up the "linked table manager". If you want it the other way round I can't think of any suggestions :( <bill.brennum@grainger.com> wrote in message news:1123692126.033753.32220@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Have a number of Access Databases that I inherited and want to zip a > few of them. My concern is that other active Microsoft Applications > may be linking to the database or its tables. Is there a method of > searching that will allow me to identify those MS Access files that are > linked to. I am not really concerned with itemizing the which files > link to which, but just that a link exists. > > Thanks in advance for any help. > > Bill > John, Thanks for the reply. Yeah I had the linked table manager for the databases linked to. The linked from is what I want. Bill The only way I can think of ...

open database from another database
I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like to automate the back-up of an Access application to a writeable CD drive. I've got the process of creating a folder on the CD with the back-up date done, and I can copy the database objects (there are four MDB files in total) to the CD. All of that works. Here's my problem: because Access databases cannot be copied when they are open, I need to have my CD writing code in a new MDB, and will need to launch the new CD writing MDB from within one of the existing databases. I've done this kind of thing before, but I don't have the slightest recollection on how I did it (used to be you had to do that kind of thing in order to compact/repair through automation). So, I give up. How do you launch Access from within Access??? Well this will do it: Dim i As Variant i = Shell("msaccess d:\persprop\CSCPP.mdb") Just put in your own db path. But this does come up with the warning that requires you to click to get into to the db (in 2003). If you know how to get by that I'd like to know. You could put the function in a macro and then close the db stat started the new one. Good luck Ira Solomon On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:17:10 -0500, Mike Easter <username@domain.com> wrote: >I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like >to automate the back-up of an Access application to a wri...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Jet database engine stopped the process ... Error
I have an Access 2002 database on a diskette. When I try to open the file I get the error "The Microsoft Jeft database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." This file is on a floppy disk in my A: drive. Can anyone help me find out the issue please? Pat wrote: > I have an Access 2002 database on a diskette. When I try to open the > file I get the error "The Microsoft Jeft database engine stopped the > process because you and another user are attempting to change the same > data at the same time." This file is on a floppy disk in my A: drive. > Can anyone help me find out the issue please? I would copy it to the desktop. Is there an LDB file in the floppy? If so, try deleting it. "Pat" <ppuckett@lortobco.com> wrote: >I have an Access 2002 database on a diskette. When I try to open the >file I get the error "The Microsoft Jeft database engine stopped the >process because you and another user are attempting to change the same >data at the same time." This file is on a floppy disk in my A: drive. 1) Using a file on a floppy is troublesome and very slow. I've found floppies to be quite unreliable. 2) Copy it to your hard drive and see if the problem still exists. This is also a sign of corruption. For more information on corruption including possible causes, determining the offending PC, retrieving your data, lin...

Open the previous version database in ms-access 2010
Hi all, When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. Naushad "Naushad" <nhaider@kockw.com> wrote in message news:715ed09d-a319-457b-8cfb-0d48fa7ef63b@t5g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 > is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. If you still have a copy of your old version of Access, use it to follow these steps: http://allenbrowne.com/recover.html Then try opening the database with A2010 again. -- Allen...

Web resources about - Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file - comp.databases.ms-access