Export table from old Access 2002 Database to create a new database

Hi ,

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to export some tables including
data and structure from old database to a new database and then save as
new database name.

I try to create a marco and it create a new table within the same
database.

I would be appreciated if you can help me to create a code for one
button that will export selected tables to a new database and then save
as a new database name file.

Thanks ;-)

There's some example code here:
    http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/backup.txt

It creates a new database, and loops through the tables in the current
database, writing them to the new database. If a table is skipped (e.g.
currently locked), it writes that to an error log.

It exports the data into the backup file, whether the tables are linked or
local. It does not create relations, or set all the field properties.

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.

<learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm wondering if there is a way for me to export some tables including
> data and structure from old database to a new database and then save as
> new database name.
>
> I try to create a marco and it create a new table within the same
> database.
>
> I would be appreciated if you can help me to create a code for one
> button that will export selected tables to a new database and then save
> as a new database name file.
>
> Thanks ;-)

0
AllenBrowne (3681)

Access project database
Why isn't a database created on the MSDE?? Network: Two Win2K Pro machines connected as peers. (No domains.) MS Access is on X, MSDE2000A is on H. MS Access is run under: Windows Administrator. MSDE is set for Windows Authentication only. On using the Microsoft SQL Server Database Wizard to create an Access project, I don't specify a usename or password. After the wizard says it has the info it needs, it closes and a progress bar appears for a only a split second as the wizard tries to create the database. Indications are that the connections to the MSDE was dropped during creatio...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

HELP : Move old database in old machine to new database in new machine
What are the possible upgrade options for the following situations ? From(Old machine) To(New machine) ======================= ================ Oracle 8.0.6/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oracle 8.0.6/HP 10.20 Oralce 9i/HP 11.0 Oracle 8.1.5/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oracle 8.1.6/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oracle 8.1.7/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oralce 8i/Solaris 2.6 Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i Oralce 8i/Solaris 5.8 Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i Oralce 8i/Solaris 8i Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i A. Background and limitations ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Data size: Vary from a few gigabytes to a few terabytes Down time: A few hours, such as 8 hours. Old/new machines location: Locate in different countries and connected by WAN. B. The way forward ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I am considering the following methods but I am not sure the feasibility and compatibility issues. Your expertise is sought. Method 1 : Export/Import ------------------------ Step 1: Setup the new blank database in new machine. Step 1: Export the data during down time. Step 2: Transfer exported data through the WAN to new machine. Step 3: Import the data to the new database. Concerns 1. I think it is suitable for small volume data because of time constraint. Method 2 : DBUA ------------------------ Step 1: Install both the old/intermediate/new versions in the new machine Step 2: Copy the datafiles to new machine during downtime. Step 3: Startup the old databa...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

export database from MYSQL to Ms Access
Hi, I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody suggest me a way to do that. thank you, amar On Feb 16, 2:39 pm, contact.amaren...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody > suggest me a way to do that. > > thank you, > amar Install the MySQL ODBC driver: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ Create a system DSN for the MySQL database. Create a new Access database, then do File > Get External Data > Import... In the Import dialog click the "Files of type" drop-down and choose "ODBC Databases ()". In the "Select Data Source" dialog click the "Machine Data Source" , select the DSN you created, and click "OK". Select all of the tables and import them. ...

Modify curent database or create new databases
I am working with several different departmnets on an accounting database I created. It has been in use by one department for several years to track reconciliations. Now several other departments have expressed interest in tracking there reconciliations with this database. The dilemma: All departments have requirements that are slightly different from the other departments, but the output is the same; completed reconciliations. Management requires one report that will display all completed reconciliations along with details which will be unique to each department. The questions Do I keep the same database and make modifications ? How do I maximize speed when the database will sit on a server that may not be the primary server for some departments. It seemed very slow when I tried this Can anyone reccomend a template for gathering the requirements ? I have always used an informal template, but I am required to use something a little more structured. Another concideration: Is the database likely to change over time ! If you have 5 -similar- databases, and someone wants the result to be a bit different, then you'd have to change 5 databases. Your choices now will affect the cost of maintenance in the future. In a similar setting I split the database in a front-end and a back-end, and these were placed locally. After a change in the program, everyone gets a new front-end, keeping the back end-local. In the back-end database I inserted one table "settings...

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine. &nbsp; regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair Although Access 2002 and 2003 share the same file format, each version of Access creates a different binary for the compiled code. What it's supposed to do it automatically discard the 2003 binary when you open the database in A2002, and create the new binary on the fly. In practice, this doesn't always work. The decompile explicitly discarding the binary, which usually solves the problem. This issue is common enough that IMHO, it is always worth decompiling when switching version, especially when reverting to an earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

Web resources about - Export table from old Access 2002 Database to create a new database - comp.databases.ms-access