exporting data from ms access to ms project

Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access
database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and
completion data of different projects, which is stored in the
database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so
that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will
automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can
refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any
one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good
web sites etc that may be of use.

Regards Rob McC, England

Automation may be a better idea (as the other respondent said).
Alternatively, I know that I have seen a Microsoft document describing the
Project db schema. I just can't remember where. Some googling should be able
to find it.

HTH,
TC

"Rob Mcc" <robmccormick@fsmail.net> wrote in message
> Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access
> database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and
> completion data of different projects, which is stored in the
> database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so
> that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will
> automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can
> refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any
> one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good
> web sites etc that may be of use.
>
> Regards Rob McC, England

0
TC
11/18/2003 1:59:58 AM
On 17 Nov 2003 01:43:40 -0800, robmccormick@fsmail.net (Rob Mcc)
wrote:

MsProject can use MsAccess (better: Jet) as its data store. That's not
the default, but you can configure it that way.
After that, your issue simply becomes a matter of attaching to the
right tables and appending some records.

Alternatively you may want to look into Automation to talk to the
MsProject object model, and use its methods etc to modify the data
store (whether native or MsAccess).

-Tom.

>Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access
>database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and
>completion data of different projects, which is stored in the
>database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so
>that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will
>automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can
>refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any
>one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good
>web sites etc that may be of use.
>
>Regards Rob McC, England

0
tom7744 (598)

1* Exporting data from Ms Access to Ms Project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites, books that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England There is code to write from Access to Project in Scott Barker's "Access 2000 Power Programming". Never automated Project, but the rest of his code worked a charm, so that should too. ...

ms access & ms project 2007
does anyone know if its possible to export your access data into ms project. if so, how should i go about doing this. i see an option in project to open access db but it still does not show any of my files. thanks much. bl -- brandon Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200711/1 ...

Importing MS Access data into MS Word
In the thread "combining multiple address fields into 1 address field", Stuart (?) helped solve that problem. I then tried to set up a mail merge in Word to check how I could use and merge the data. I found the database tool bar and opened the appropriate database - but... I could not find a way to open a particular table or query in order to insert the fields from the query into Word. The procedure I followed was this: - open a blank word .doc - from the database tool bar selected "insert database" - a window opened, headed 'Database' and divided into 3 section: at the top a section titled "data source", a middle section titled "data options", a bottom section titled "insert the data into the document" - "under "data source" I clicked "get data" - a window headed 'Select data source' opened - I navigated to the relevant database (mobmem07.mdb) and selected it. - this added the database location to the "data source" part of the 'database' window - I then looked at the "query options" section I found I could not select a table or query from within the database I had opened. Word had merely defaulted to opening one of the two tables in it. The only querying I could do was on the table it had loaded from the functions Word provided. I could not find a way to open any other table let alone a query. Moreover, I couldn't see a wa...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz reply me with regards uttam On Mar 24, 5:06 am, kunu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i > need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two > sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the > same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables > on the data page in > tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one > table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in > tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be > dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. > plz reply me > with regards > uttam Use a form and subforms. ...

copying data from MS-SQL to MS-Access using VB.Net
Hi there, I'm trying to use MSAccess as a "container" to move data around from one MS-SQL server DB to another. This is basically already a design decision that has been made for a lot of reasons and can't be changed by me. What I was wondering is what is the bet way to populate the MS-Access DB. The DB will only contain 6 tables which will have a very small amount of data in them. I have tried to use ADO.Net to read the data from MS-SQL into a DataTable and then save it into the MS-Access DB using again using a DataTable populated from the first, but I can't seem to ge...

How to access data from an MS Excel sheet and import it to a MS Word using LabView?
Hello I would like to know how is it possible to access a specified data( for example row 1 ,column 2 to 5) in an Excel sheet and import it to a word document using LabView. Thanks You can interact with Office application through ActiveX, but you should be warned that it requires opening a lot of properties and going deep into the Office object hierarchy and this does not look nice in LabVIEW. If you open the example finder (Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples) and search for "ActiveX" or "Excel" you should find some examples on the basics of working with Excel. You can do the same with Word, so you can get your data from Excel and put it into Word. If you search here you should also find some threads dealing with this. To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. <a href="http://cnx.rice.edu/content/col10241/latest/" target="_blank">Here</a>, <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a90054a26c/55974411828f779086256ce9007504bd" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/jpt/tutorial/index.html" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.iit.edu/~labview/Dummies.html" target="_blank">here</a> and <a href="http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/GeneralInterest/LabView.html" target="_blank">here</a...

RE: How can I access data from MS Access?
Peter, I sadly admit that I was wrong. "Doesn't seem to work" is effectivly even more useless than "doesn't work". I give up. Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. On 5 Feb, 19:40, "Sells, Fred" <f...@adventistcare.org> wrote: > Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center > with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. I used to use a cross-compiler (targetting some obscure single-c...

how to access MS data access 2.7 sdk ???
I keep getting the following when trying to create a connection to a database : Error: User defined type not declared . The declaration it is complaining about is : c1 As ADODB.Connecton I'm re-entering this mess from a couple of years ago, and just want to connect to a DB2 v8.1 database from a VB app. Any suggestions, code examples, etc., would be appreciated. Mairhtin O'Feannag mairhtin at techsolutionsgroupllc dot com ... On 24 May 2004 13:31:01 -0700, in comp.lang.basic.visual.database you wrote: >I keep getting the following when trying to create a co...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

Web resources about - exporting data from ms access to ms project - comp.databases.ms-access

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook Updates Comments Box Plugin With Comment Exporting and Larger News Feed Stories
Facebook today released several updates to the newest version of its Comments Box social plugin for third party websites that will increase the ...

The Price of Oil book review: Paints a gloomy picture for prices, companies and exporting countries
In Roberto Aguilera and Marian Radetzki's new book, The Price of Oil, the two economists are optimistic about the expansion of global oil production ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Montreal men accused of illegally exporting railway equipment to Iran
Two Montreal men are charged with illegally exporting American-made railway equipment to Iran, violating Canada's Export and Import Permit Act ...