Fields show up on tab page but are they really on the tab?

Hi,

I have a text box on a page on a tab ("txtCorrDate" on
"pagCorrespondence") but when I refer to it as Me.txtCorrDate it is
not found and I get a "Member or data member not found" error.  Which
is true, because if I type Me. the textbox does not appear.

How do I tell where this control actually resides?  This text box is
not showing up anywhere else as far as I can tell (like on the main
form or another tab page)?  How do I refer to it?

Thanks

-paulw

On 24/11/2012 00:15:59, PW wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a text box on a page on a tab ("txtCorrDate" on
> "pagCorrespondence") but when I refer to it as Me.txtCorrDate it is
> not found and I get a "Member or data member not found" error.  Which
> is true, because if I type Me. the textbox does not appear.
>
> How do I tell where this control actually resides?  This text box is
> not showing up anywhere else as far as I can tell (like on the main
> form or another tab page)?  How do I refer to it?
>
> Thanks
>
> -paulw

Back to your other question. I see you have doubts.
There should be no error with either Me.txtCorrDate or just txtCorrDate.
Is the name of the control actually txtCorrDate or is that just the
controlsource? AFIK there is no way of determining if the control is on the
tab. If you're not sure, cut the control (CtlX) and make sure the Tab control
is highlighted when you past the control back (CtlV)

Could it be your Db is corrupt? I'm sure I don't need to tell you how to
repair it.

Phil
Phil
0
phil (1005)
11/23/2012 4:45:03 PM
On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:45:03 GMT, "Phil" <phil@stantonfamily.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 24/11/2012 00:15:59, PW wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a text box on a page on a tab ("txtCorrDate" on
>> "pagCorrespondence") but when I refer to it as Me.txtCorrDate it is
>> not found and I get a "Member or data member not found" error.  Which
>> is true, because if I type Me. the textbox does not appear.
>>
>> How do I tell where this control actually resides?  This text box is
>> not showing up anywhere else as far as I can tell (like on the main
>> form or another tab page)?  How do I refer to it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -paulw
>>

>Back to your other question. I see you have doubts.
>There should be no error with either Me.txtCorrDate or just txtCorrDate.
>Is the name of the control actually txtCorrDate or is that just the
>controlsource?

My bad.  That field is part of a subform and the reason it is not
showing up as part of the main form!  Geesh!!!  It really pays to step
away for a couple hours and then get back to the problem, doesn't it?
We for me dopey self, it can't hurt!!! :-)

> AFIK there is no way of determining if the control is on the
>tab. If you're not sure, cut the control (CtlX) and make sure the Tab control
>is highlighted when you past the control back (CtlV)

Nice trick!  I will remember that!  Thanks so much Phil!

Tab Tab
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? I'm not sure I understand the question..... If you mean: 'put 2 TAB (0x09) characters into a text file from a command prompt', then echo -e '\t\t' >somefile or echo -e '\t\t' >>somefile If you mean: 'the output of the BASH 'TAB-TAB' "completion key combo", then no. The BASH TAB-TAB key combo is meant as input to BASH, so BASH interprets the TAB-TAB combo before you have a chance to supply any re-direct operators for the command. Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. ...

Tab Events of Access Application ? (NOT Access Tab Control)
I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by clicking on the built in Access application tabs. Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of subclassing/hook api calls? Thanks On Jul 21, 9:47=A0pm, "christianlo...@yahoo.com" <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by > clicking on the built in Access application tabs. > > Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of > subclassing/hook api calls? > > Thanks Hi Chri...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want ...

how can i print all the tab pages not just the first page (tab)
how can i print all the tab pages not just the first page (tab) You would need to do this programmatically. Here's one way: Example_VI_BD6.png: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/326797/1/Example_VI_BD6.png ...

Using Return key as Tab key in an Unbound field in Data Access Pages
I am working with a data access page and I have an unbound text field that is used to search for specific records from my database. I would like to limit the amount of text a user can type into the field, or better yet write code to cause the enter key to respond like a tab key. I've found a variety of java code and some visual basic code for changing the enter key, but haven't had any success getting it to run. I would prefer to use VBScipt if possible. I have tried many variations of the code below without success: <Script language=vbscript event=onkeypress for=vProject> ...

Strange VI behavior after switching tab pages in tab control (even though no code is executed after switching pages)
I need some help debugging a strange problem with tab control.<br><br>I hav= e a test VI that I made to illustrate the problem I am having that I cut wa= y down in size from an actual VI we use here. But I think the size is stil= l too large for an attachment here so anyone that is interested in looking = at this, please email me and I will send you the file or put it on ftp serv= er.<br><br>The architecture I am using is an event-driven state machine wit= h a tab control based user interface. The main tab control also has a seco= nd and third level of nested tabs on ...

Tab Tab #2
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 13:15:51 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" ...

Tabbing to next tab
Hi Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually changing the tab when entering data? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:4087efbe$0$26197$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab > control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually > changing the tab when entering data? Here is what I recommend... Place a tiny (but visible=true) TextBox...

Tab Tab #3
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? in bash... set +o emacs echo "<tab><tab>" > output set -o emacs Op 4 Aug 2004 13:17:31 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" Wiseguy wrote: > lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > >>How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? > > > in bash... > > set +o emacs > echo "<tab><tab>" > output > set -o emacs > Cool, I never thought of that.... Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? .... could you post this a fourth time please, i didnt get it the first three times !!!!!!1 .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> Alimony is the high cost of leaving. ...

Tab control with no tabs
Hi All I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am attempting an embedded (CE) gui which I have made some headway with. My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three different sets of information to the user. I really need to be able to switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the best way is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens with zero height tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set the tab size on the wxnotebook. Thoughts anyone?? TIA Nick "Nick W...

apple-tab / tab
Hi Is it possible to use the tab button in the same way as Windows? That is, to be able to go from control to control on a pop-up without using the mouse? Currently I'm noticing that I can't move focus from some controls to others (like lists/drop-downs), and I have to use the mouse. Also, with the apple-tab behaviour, can I get navigate to, say, individual firefox windows? Currently it just shows one firefox icon instead of one for each window - is this something I can change? I'm using 10.4.2 on a "Dual 2.3GHz PowerPC G5", according to "About This Mac&q...

Tabs on top of Tabs
This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. Thanks. Tyler wrote: > This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I > cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of > the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed > pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. > Thank...

Names of textboxes on tab-pages within a tab control?
I have a tab control named TabCtl210. It has 3 tabs. named Page211, Page212 and Page213. Each of those 3 tab-pages has a textbox control named Page1HomeSpot, Page2HomeSpot and Page3HomeSpot respectively. I got an error #2109: "There is no field named Page1HomeSpot in the current record" There's only one line of code in the entire form module that references the control: Private Sub Page1() DoCmd.GoToControl ("Page1HomeSpot") End Sub Under what circumstances would Access give em this error? Try: Me.Page1HomeSpot.SetFocus If that still fails, and you are certain...

Tab screen losing protects and tab page init
I have to copy in class and init code to enable it to work The PROTECTS for some of the tab pages are missing along with the inits Paste in corrected code into the upper section and the init and all works. Re entered screen from scratch , dragged it into the same LIB and it goes wrong again, 2 PROTECTS and 2 init tab pages missing. Any ideas please? On Wed, 29 May 2013 12:18:26 +0100, Martin <spam@spam.spam> wrote: Hello Martin, >Re entered screen from scratch , dragged it into the same LIB and it >goes wrong again, 2 PROTECTS and 2 init tab pages missing. ...

Tile Notebook with many tabs does not show tab scroll arrows
Tile 0.7.8, TCL 8.4.13, Windows XP: when using the tabbed notebook widget and there is not enough space to display all the tabs, the tab text is clipped. I would prefer the solution of BWidgts to show tab scrolling arrows in this case. Is there any way to activate those or is there any plan to enhance the present tile notebook ? The current solutions seems quite suited to static window size, which is IMHO not TCL-like. Thank you in advance, Harald Demo code: font create BigFont -size 24 style configure TNotebook.Tab -font BigFont set PNote [ttk::notebook .t] pack $PNote -side top -fill bo...

Control + Tab between subforms on tab control pages ACC 2002
Greetings! What I am looking for is help trying to accomplish control + tab exiting subform #1 on page #1 and entering the first control (main form) on page #2. I've tried the following code, however it seems to "fire twice", placing me at the first control on subform #2 on page #3, totally skipping page #2. It seems to very briefly stop the control on page two, but keeps going. Hope that made sense. Key preview for subform is set to yes. This is a continous subform, so options to leave subform on last control won't work. That's why I'm trying to use control tab....

Access 2010 tabs not initially showing
Hi, I have a form with tabs on it which contain subforms. The form has a vertical scrollbar enabled. When I run the form and click on any of the tabs, the scrollbar is down a bit so none of the tabs appear. I have to manually move (using the mouse) the form's vertical scrollbar up. I have played with moving the subforms down but it doesn't make a difference (and I don't want a bunch of space underneat the tabs). Any ideas? -paulw Hi Paul, I think your problem arises because the saved form size is not sufficient to display the tab control fully. If the tab control can't display fully, the form will open with the tab control centered vertically in the available space. At least, that's what appears to happen when I test in A2003. It doesn't matter if there are controls under the tab control or not; if there are, the vertical scrollbar will have more space in the lower section to allow you to scroll further down, if not, the scrollbar will be centered. To fix this, open the form (in view mode, not design mode), scroll to the top, then re-size the form's window so that the tab control shows fully; then save the form. If you close it, and re-open, you problem should be gone. If there are controls above the tab control, and you set the form up to display the tab control only (in view mode, not design mode) and save it at that stage, the form will open with the tab control showing, but the control(s)...

setfocus to field inside tabs/pages

Ms Access Database to web page
i am getting the following error when i try and view a access table within a web page Database Results Error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Can't open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. any help would be muchly appreciated Sounds as if your database may be in Access 2000 or 2002 format. HTH - Turtle "Spencer Waller" <spencerw@no5.com> wrote in message news:1d67d4d4.0312110225.3e0d9863@posting.google.com... > i am getting the following error when i try and view a acces...

MS Access Form w tabs
I have an MS Access Database with multiple forms that all update fields in a single table because I can't fit all the required fields onto a single screen. I have looked into converting these multiple forms into a single form with subforms as tabs but to date my attempts to do this have failed. Can any one give a pointer to an example / instructions on how to create a tabbed form? The form that I have created contains each of my current forms a different tabs, however when I choose tab 2, it shows the contents of both tab 1 and tab2 at the same time (making an incomprehensible eyesore). ...

Access 2010: Staying on the same ribbon tab (have active tab stay open)
Hi, When I select something from a tab (form, report), the focus will switch back to the first tab after the form or report is closed. I'd like to have the active tab stay open until the user decides to click on another tab. I see in a book that there is code to set focus to a particular tab (gobjRibbon.ActivateTab "tabname") but I don't know where to put this. I certainly don't want to hard code it in every form (or report if that is possible). Any ideas? -paulw ...

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

How do I put a control on a certain page of a tab control, instead of the WHOLE tab control
I am trying to put a 3D surface plot onto one page of a tabbed control, but Labview insists on putting it on top of the whole tabbed control, so that you can't look at different pages. What's the deal? Hi John, I made a test with LV 7.0. I can put the 3D Surface Graph into a page of the tab control. Move the 3D Surface Graph from the tab control onto a blank area of the front panel. Move the 3D Surface Graph back onto the page you want it. Be sure to get a black broken line around the page. Then release the mouse button. If you lay the 3D Surface Graph partly on the tab control it w...

Web resources about - Fields show up on tab page but are they really on the tab? - comp.databases.ms-access

Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Field (computer science) , a smaller piece of data from a larger collection (e.g., database fields) Text is available under the Creative Commons ...

Dog meat scheme sees more kangaroos in the gun in Victoria's culling fields
Number of Eastern Grey kangaroos allowed to be killed in Victoria more than doubles in two years since government allowed commercial processing ...

tvOS 9.2 beta 6 w/ Dictation in text fields, iCloud Photo Library & much more hits Apple TV
Just over a week since the last tvOS 9.2 beta , Apple has released tvOS 9.2 beta 6 for developers with the fourth-gen Apple TV. Apple TV gains ...

‘The Picasso Of The Legal Field’
He's either loved or hated for his work but from 9/11 to the Boston Marathon bombings, Ken Feinberg is the go-to name in managing disasters. ...

Australian dark dreampop band Nite Fields playing NYC shows this week before touring to SXSW
Brisbane, Australia's Nite Fields make dark, gauzy guitar pop that owes more than a little to the hazy, gothy daze of mid-'80s 4AD/Beggars Banquet... ...

Polls: Trump, Clinton continue to lead their fields nationally
The polls come ahead of four nominating contests on Tuesday

Trump leads splintered Republican primary field in Illinois
Republican Donald Trump leads his three rivals in Illinois' presidential primary, according to a new Chicago Tribune poll that shows many of ...

Super Saturday: Rubio and allies spent more than double the field per vote
The numbers on Super Saturday are small five states, with fewer than a million votes cast across all contests on the day but they're no less ...

Nearing 70, Sally Field plays a woman still coming of age
NEW YORK (AP) — It sounds like a misprint, but it's not: Sally Field has headlined just one movie in the last two decades.

Corey Lewandowski, Trump Campaign Manager, Reportedly Roughed Up Breitbart Reporter Michelle Fields
A witness said&nbsp;Corey Lewandowski nearly pulled&nbsp;her to the ground.&nbsp;