Finding a Form's calling Forms

Hi,

I have an Access document which I've been asked to debug and update a
little. The problem is that i can't find where one of the Forms is
being called from. In other words, I can't navigate to this form by
clicking on the various forms that lead to it. I can of course open it
via objects>>forms.

Any suggestions,

Barry.

0
bg_ie (117)

I've run into this when the form in question is no longer in use, yet left
undeleted or when the form is not intended for use by the end-users, but only
by the db admin.
Is there nothing in the code or control sources referring to another form? If
not, there's a chance one of the above is the reason.

bg_ie@yahoo.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have an Access document which I've been asked to debug and update a
>little. The problem is that i can't find where one of the Forms is
>being called from. In other words, I can't navigate to this form by
>clicking on the various forms that lead to it. I can of course open it
>via objects>>forms.
>
>Any suggestions,
>
>Barry.

StrayBullet
5/8/2007 1:56:26 PM
On 8 May 2007 01:50:09 -0700, bg_ie@yahoo.com wrote:

That's not unusual. Poorly maintained databases often have objects
that are no longer in use, and objects that were never part of a menu
structure but intended to be run from the database window.

Use "Speed Ferret" or "Find and Replace" utilities to find the form by
name, and if not found, the above is likely true.
Also, you could ask users how they are using this form, and if you get
blank stares, you know enough.

-Tom.

>Hi,
>
>I have an Access document which I've been asked to debug and update a
>little. The problem is that i can't find where one of the Forms is
>being called from. In other words, I can't navigate to this form by
>clicking on the various forms that lead to it. I can of course open it
>via objects>>forms.
>
>Any suggestions,
>
>Barry.

What i have done in this situation is:
1-   Make a backup of your database
2-   Rename the object in question.
3-   Save and compile the code
4-   Run the application.

if an error occurs, click on debug...

tim hunter

thunter (24)
5/8/2007 5:06:46 PM
There's some useful info here:
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/queries.html#DeadwoodTbls

Read the whole page.  :-)

Cheers,
Alan Carpenter

bg_ie@yahoo.com wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I have an Access document which I've been asked to debug and update a
> little. The problem is that i can't find where one of the Forms is
> being called from. In other words, I can't navigate to this form by
> clicking on the various forms that lead to it. I can of course open it
> via objects>>forms.
>
> Any suggestions,
>
> Barry.

0
Not5915 (44)

How To access form name if there's a form field named "name"

Call form's event from a library database: is it possible?
I have myDB with myForm1 and myForm2. MyForm1' s code call myFunction() in a library database. MyFunction have to call myfForm2_AfterUpdate MyfForm2_AfterUpdate is declared as public. Eval(form_MyfForm2_AfterUpdate) work only in myDB , but not in library database. I would like to use CallByName() function, but i do not how to set the first argument. Have you a solution? Thank you ...

access 97, don't close access if form's unload event is cancelled
I've got application A, with a hidden form, whose unload event is cancelled unless you use an 'exit' button (so I can do special processing) this works fine when using just application A and it prevents me from 'x'ing out of msaccess.exe now, I open application A from within application B using the code below where function editQuote() is found within application A and to provide application synchronization, it opens the hidden form mentioned above waits for it to become invisible, by using the 'exit' button, after special processing close...

Forms question
Hi folks, I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and entered almost 3 years of data. We av...

form inside another form
Hi. I wrote a script: function zmiana(ile){ while(document.getElementById('accomp').childNodes.length>1){ ostatni=document.getElementById('document.dane.accomp').lastChild; document.getElementById('document.dane.accomp').removeChild(ostatni); } for (i=1;i<=ile;i++){ pole=document.createElement("BR"); document.getElementById('accomp').appendChild(pole); a=document.createTextNode("Name of accompanying person #"+i+" ") document.getElementById('accomp').appendChild(a); dane.style.fontWeight='bold...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

Setting Form's tab order to cycle through form again
How do I set the tab order to cycle through the form again from the beginning, rather than moving on to opening a new blank record. -- Thank you from Gina G Gina G wrote: > > How do I set the tab order to cycle through the form again from the > beginning, rather than moving on to opening a new blank record. > Under the Other tab in the property sheet change the Cycle property to CurrentRecord. Yep! That one's bitten me a time or 2. Wish the default was 'Current Record'. "Salad" <oil@vinegar.com> wrote in message news:OeydnTmx4LnhQI3UnZ2dnUVZ_gadnZ2d@earthlink.com... > Gina G wrote: > >> >> How do I set the tab order to cycle through the form again from the >> beginning, rather than moving on to opening a new blank record. >> > Under the Other tab in the property sheet change the Cycle property to > CurrentRecord. ...

Forms and Form
Hi everyone ! 1) An example from help: "Each Form object has a Controls collection, which contains all controls on the form. You can refer to a control on a form either by implicitly or explicitly referring to the Controls collection. Your code will be faster if you refer to the Controls collection implicitly. The following examples show two of the ways you might refer to a control named NewData on the form called OrderForm: ' Implicit reference. Forms!OrderForm!NewData ' Explicit reference. Forms!OrderForm.Controls!NewData The next two examples show how you might refer to a ...

Using Data Environment Designer - how to drag Command node onto form
Hello -- I can't figure out how to get the Data Project and blank form on the screen at the same time so that I can drag the Command node onto the blank form. I am following the tutorial on p 182 in Roger Jennings' Database Developer's Guide with Visual Basic 6 ISBN: 0672310635. Can anyone help me. Thanks in advance. Larry Mehl [multiposted] -- Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB) Veign's Resource Center http://www.veign.com/vrc_main.asp -- "L Mehl" <mehl_nospam@cyvest.com> wrote in message news:IvxPd.6847$mG6.5958@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Hello -- > > I can't figure out how to get the Data Project and blank form on the screen > at the same time so that I can drag the Command node onto the blank form. > > I am following the tutorial on p 182 in > Roger Jennings' Database Developer's Guide with Visual Basic 6 > ISBN: 0672310635. > > Can anyone help me. > > Thanks in advance. > > Larry Mehl > > ...

Mechanize: find form with 'id' rather than 'name'?
This is what I am doing: my_form = doc.forms.with.name(formname).first This is what I want: my_form = doc.forms.with.id(id_string).first but somehow Mechanize does not like it. Maybe because id collides with Object.id? My problem is that the from does *not* have a 'name' attribute in the html - so apparently I can not use that to locate it - therefore I would like to use 'id' - or what else should I do? Thanks, Peter __ http://www.rubyrailways.com On Jan 31, 2007, at 5:18 AM, Peter Szinek wrote: > My problem is that the from does *not* have a 'name' att...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

form access to form excel
Hello, How may I pass in VBA a value from a control in a access 2003 form to a control in a excel 2003 form ? I try this but it does'nt run: (oApp=word.application) oApp.Forms("saisie").tbnom.Value = Form_Form1.tbnom.Value & " " & Form_Form1.tbprenom.Value Thanks. ...

JSP's form-submit & Excel's Web Query....
Hi, [SUMMARY]: Environment: Microsoft Excel 2003 running on Windows XP, IE 7.0 I am a newcomer both in Excel programming and JSP space. My puzzle is that what is the correct way, if any, to embed the web query in Excel, so that the associate Javascript behaviour works exactly as would be in IE. [IN DETAIL]: My web query gives a table on a page that has links, and if I click the link browser would typically 'submit the form' [and would bring next table]. Can I replicate this iteration via 'form submit' behaviour in Excel embedded web query, by having javascript work the way exactly it does within IE? I tried searching on this topic in newsgruops, tries to see how Javascript is working [taking Source from View Source option of IE], tried to see if I could embed Browser ActiveX and few other searches, and tried to see if there is any way to intercept HTTP request sent by IE when first page form is 'submitted' - but answer seems away for me. Any pointers shall be of much use. Thanks for your time. - KA ...

Calling form's methods using a string
I know that you can call the method of one from from inside another form by doing something like this Forms("MyForm").MyFunction(12, 34) However, you have to know that MyForm has a function called MyFunction. Can you specify a string for the function name like you can with the form name? That is can I do something like Forms("MyForm")."MyFunction" and still supply some arguments to the funciton somehow? Thanks, Dave On 10 Apr 2004 14:38:46 -0700, headware@aol.com (headware) wrote: Check out Eval in the help file. -Tom. >I know that you can call the method of one from from inside another >form by doing something like this > >Forms("MyForm").MyFunction(12, 34) > >However, you have to know that MyForm has a function called >MyFunction. Can you specify a string for the function name like you >can with the form name? That is can I do something like > >Forms("MyForm")."MyFunction" > >and still supply some arguments to the funciton somehow? > >Thanks, >Dave Tom, I looked into the Eval function but either I don't understand enough about how to use it or it's not going to do what I need it to. I'm attempting to create a function call like Forms("MyForm").MyFunction #4/12/2004# which will call a sub-routine in another form and pass it a date value. The problem is that the Eval function keeps reporting a syntax error. I try to pass in the form name ...

MS Access 2000 corrupt's databases
Hello. We have about 20 users in our Access databases. Sometime databases corrupts and are not available. I have to correct them. It is not nice, because you have to ask every user to close database, because other wise correcting is not possible. We have 100 Mt Cat 5 ethernet and some of the users use database via Citrix servers. Why databases corrupts and is there anything I can do to this problem? Hannu There are some things that can be done to minimize the problem. First, make sure the have the most current updates and service packs for Office, MDAC, Jet, and your operating systems. Th...

How can I call a form's event using a string
I have to call Forms!myForm.myControl_AfterUpdate using myString = "Forms!myForm.myControl_AfterUpdate". I have tried with Application.Run myString Call myString eval myString but no one work. I tried also using the class module name: myString= "Form_myForm.myControl_AfterUpdate" but it work only if is used without quote in debug window. Have you any suggestion? thank you BUX You need to change the event handler from Private to Public. Then: Set frm = forms("frmName") CallByName frm "procedure_name" or Run "forms('frmName'...

How do I set MS Access NOT to use my profile's 'My Documents'
Hello All, I need to set Access to use my local folder, and not my 'My Docs' folder which is in a netwrok drive. I did the setting thru' options, but when I logged in again, it was pointing to 'My Docs' folder. How do I set this folder permanently? Regards K. Lakshmanan On 4 Mar 2006 01:53:07 -0800, lakshmanan.kk@gmail.com wrote: >Hello All, >I need to set Access to use my local folder, and not my 'My Docs' >folder which is in a netwrok drive. >I did the setting thru' options, but when I logged in again, it was >pointing to 'My Docs' fo...

Problem with calling subform's button click event from the main form
I am trying to call the click event of a button located in a subform called "Order Subform" from a button in the parent. However, since the subform was made with the wizard, it contains a space in its name, so the syntax that I have found for this has not been working. If anyone knows the syntax for this, I would appreciate it. I believe it is mainform!subform_with_spaces cwm137@psu.edu wrote: > I am trying to call the click event of a button located in a subform > called "Order Subform" from a button in the parent. However, since the > subform was made with...

What's the easiest way to convert an access form to to a web based Front end ?
What's the easiest way to convert an access form to to a web based Front end ? Is there any software that can convert these formats easily? If not any Beginer tutorials would be helpful. Than you No software can effectively convert these formats because the way Access forms work is fundamentally different from how Web interfaces have to work to be usable. You pretty much have the options of using a Terminal Server to allow remote users to remote-control a virtual Windows session running your Windows app (practical only for small numbers of known users) or rewrite the application usi...

Access Form --> Hyperlink to Excel --> Return to Original Access Form ?
I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB. The Hyperlink works great. When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form that had the Hyperlink. Is there a way to: 1. Open the Access Form 2. Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook 3. Exit Excel, then 4. Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking anything (such as the the TaskBar) I just need help with #4. Or, is there a better ...

Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms etc programmatically? Michael On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote: >Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > >Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms >etc programmatically? > Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the Access window. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm - Jim Another way, with probably less control than the...

calling a form sub from another form
Hi All This might sound simple, but I'm stumped. In essence I have a 2 form app that connects to an SQL db and extracts info from it. This works fine. The problem is with my 2nd form. The 'run through' is that the user can select an inv no from a combo box on form1 and when they select one, I auto-extract info from a db relating to this inv no, concat the various data fields with 2 other text fields (contains footer info) that are on form 2 and present it in a large text box on form 1. This also works fine. The problem is that the user may be previewing the large text box da...

Where's the form ? It doesn't appear !
I have downloaded a form (TCP Server form). It runs nicely as a separate application even without any ShowModal() or explicit constructors. I compiled it into an existing application ( with the 'uses' keyword), sat 'Visible' to 'True' in the Object Inspector, but still I can't see the form anywheree. Sow what's the trick to make the form appear ? thanx for hints, or a (narrow) pointer to a howto. Petter "Petter Eftevik" <pefter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40b98d47.0312040111.19053d72@posting.google.com... > I have ...

Web resources about - Finding a Form's calling Forms - comp.databases.ms-access